Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 09:30 AM   #3526
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut

I actually had the opposite thing happen to me..I asked the CL CM for an extra blanket and was told "No problem" ..we went out for the day and came back to no blanket..called Housekeeping from phone in the room, when we got back from dinner, 2 were sitting on the foot of the bed.
That's why I suggested the OP call housekeeping. As you found out, it's the best way to get extras for your room.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:32 AM   #3527
tydad
Earning My Ears

Can you also add me to the list? We check in on Nov 30. 16 days and counting,can not wait to get back to the WL. Staying CL for the first time. Kids are so excited
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2013, 11:57 AM   #3528
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
That's why I suggested the OP call housekeeping. As you found out, it's the best way to get extras for your room.
oops.. I read that wrong..LOL
Old 11-14-2013, 01:26 PM   #3529
rhondakg
Mouseketeer

HI - any of you who just returned or are at the Lodge now want to update on the weather? I'm wondering about the evenings - is it chilly? I live in Nebraska and it has been a bit cold here and it appears to be this way across the map...

I'm starting to think about what to pack for my December 6th arrival Realizing that anything can change - but if it is already a bit chilly there it probably will not get any warmer - just colder - I think

Thanks.....
Old 11-14-2013, 03:04 PM   #3530
bek
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondakg View Post
I'm starting to think about what to pack for my December 6th arrival Realizing that anything can change - but if it is already a bit chilly there it probably will not get any warmer - just colder - I think

Thanks.....
It can easily get warmer... or much colder Florida "winter" weather is very unpredictable. Last year over Veterans Day weekend at WDW, I was wearing jeans and a hoodie. During the second week of December last year at WDW, I was wearing shorts, sandals and T-shirt.

Try checking 48 hours before you're arriving. But even then, don't rely on a weather report too much. Bring a bit of everything.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:47 PM   #3531
rhondakg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bek View Post
It can easily get warmer... or much colder Florida "winter" weather is very unpredictable. Last year over Veterans Day weekend at WDW, I was wearing jeans and a hoodie. During the second week of December last year at WDW, I was wearing shorts, sandals and T-shirt.

Try checking 48 hours before you're arriving. But even then, don't rely on a weather report too much. Bring a bit of everything.
Thanks,,,,,much appreciated
Old 11-14-2013, 08:54 PM   #3532
sweetnjmom
Mouseketeer

Quick hello from the Lodge! Our lenghty recap so far.

We arrived on Monday afternoon--Magical Express experience was less than magical. If we stay on property for our next trip (in a few years) I think we'll rent a car. Hopefully the return trip will be less stressful for my 4-year-old.

Monday night: Downtown Disney. Ugh. The buses from WL to DD are few and far between (as I was told). We *may* go back tomorrow... but if we do, we're paying for a cab. lol Dinner at Rainforest Cafe was fun. My son loved the animals but not the thunder. And he hit the Potato Head jackpot at Once Upon a Toy.

Tuesday was MK in the AM/HS in the PM. My son LOVED the characters. Had a pre-park opening ADR at Crystal Palace. So great being there with an empty park. He loved the characters. But was wiped by noon. So we hit the pool (it was warm on Tues) and then went to HS for the evening. All plans hit snafus. We did TSMM and saw Disney Jr. show. Wasted FP+ for Fantasmic because my son had a meltdown from exhaustion. Instead ate at ABC Commissary (meh) and then met Mickey and Minnie. That was good.

Wed was AK. My son loved it. It was chilly though. Maybe in the 50s until afternoon, when warmed to 60s. Had dinner at EPCOT at Coral Reef. My son loved the fish tank. The steak not so much. And he loved Turtle Talk.

Today back to MK. Had fun. My son finally met Pluto (kept missing him) and danced with Baloo in the afternoon street party (around 1 PM). He loves Tomorrow Land best. We stayed until 2-ish and then nappped at the Lodge. Dinner at EPCOT again--Le Cellier. He loved the steak there.

We like the resort. Haven't taken advantage of all the amenities because of being in the parks. Tomorrow is AK in the AM and then Lodge day. It may rain though. Seems like it will on Saturday (our last day) too. Our room assignment was OK. Not great... Woods View, south wing, facing the villas pool--which is being worked on, so there was construction noise when we tried to nap on Wed. Today was quiet. But nice view otherwise--a bit of the lake in the distance.

Oh, we will have extra cases of water. At least 1 (of 24). Let me know if anyone is arriving soon. Maybe they'll hold for you?

Edit: Weather -- low 80s on Tues, chilly high in mid 60s on Wed, and upper 70s today. Supposed to be upper 70s tomorrow/Sat with rain late tomorrow/Sat. Boo rain.

Past trips off property: 4/80, 1/81, 6/94 and 5/09
Past trips on property: 8/90 GF, 10/96 CBR, 11/01 ASM, 5/02 POR, 5/06 CSR
Old 11-14-2013, 09:00 PM   #3533
kribarry
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnjmom View Post

We arrived on Monday afternoon--Magical Express experience was less than magical. If we stay on property for our next trip (in a few years) I think we'll rent a car. Hopefully the return trip will be less stressful for my 4-year-old.

Monday night: Downtown Disney. Ugh. The buses from WL to DD are few and far between (as I was told). We *may* go back tomorrow... but if we do, we're paying for a cab. lol Dinner at Rainforest Cafe was fun. My son loved the animals but not the thunder. And he hit the Potato Head jackpot at Once Upon a Toy.

Tuesday was MK in the AM/HS in the PM. My son LOVED the characters. Had a pre-park opening ADR at Crystal Palace. So great being there with an empty park. He loved the characters. But was wiped by noon. So we hit the pool (it was warm on Tues) and then went to HS for the evening. All plans hit snafus. We did TSMM and saw Disney Jr. show. Wasted FP+ for Fantasmic because my son had a meltdown from exhaustion. Instead ate at ABC Commissary (meh) and then met Mickey and Minnie. That was good.

Wed was AK. My son loved it. It was chilly though. Maybe in the 50s until afternoon, when warmed to 60s. Had dinner at EPCOT at Coral Reef. My son loved the fish tank. The steak not so much. And he loved Turtle Talk.

Today back to MK. Had fun. My son finally met Pluto (kept missing him) and danced with Baloo in the afternoon street party (around 1 PM). He loves Tomorrow Land best. We stayed until 2-ish and then nappped at the Lodge. Dinner at EPCOT again--Le Cellier. He loved the steak there.

We like the resort. Haven't taken advantage of all the amenities because of being in the parks. Tomorrow is AK in the AM and then Lodge day. It may rain though. Seems like it will on Saturday (our last day) too. Our room assignment was OK. Not great... Woods View, south wing, facing the villas pool--which is being worked on, so there was construction noise when we tried to nap on Wed. Today was quiet. But nice view otherwise--a bit of the lake in the distance.

Oh, we will have extra cases of water. At least 1 (of 24). Let me know if anyone is arriving soon. Maybe they'll hold for you?

Edit: Weather -- low 80s on Tues, chilly high in mid 60s on Wed, and upper 70s today. Supposed to be upper 70s tomorrow/Sat with rain late tomorrow/Sat. Boo rain.
Fabulous review - thanks! We arrive tomorrow at WL then VWL on Sat-Sat. We'd love the water if you have it! There are 8 of us!

Quick question...can you tell if the door to the villas by the pool will still be accessible with the fence closed at night??

Thanks!!
Kristin
Old 11-15-2013, 06:07 AM   #3534
sweetnjmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kribarry View Post
Fabulous review - thanks! We arrive tomorrow at WL then VWL on Sat-Sat. We'd love the water if you have it! There are 8 of us!

Quick question...can you tell if the door to the villas by the pool will still be accessible with the fence closed at night??

Thanks!!
Kristin
Kristin,

First, the water is yours. We are still here on Saturday (leave Sunday AM). Message me here to cooordinate.

As for the pool... sorry I can't really tell.

Past trips off property: 4/80, 1/81, 6/94 and 5/09
Past trips on property: 8/90 GF, 10/96 CBR, 11/01 ASM, 5/02 POR, 5/06 CSR
Old 11-15-2013, 09:36 AM   #3535
yce22princess
Mouseketeer

Quick question for all of you WL folks.... We contemplating adding Artist Point for a dinner for our July trip. Will the boats take us from the WL to the Contemporary if we were doing dinner at Artist Point prior to the Pirates and Pals fireworks cruise? Thanks!!!!
Old 11-15-2013, 09:38 AM   #3536
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yce22princess View Post
Quick question for all of you WL folks.... We contemplating adding Artist Point for a dinner for our July trip. Will the boats take us from the WL to the Contemporary if we were doing dinner at Artist Point prior to the Pirates and Pals fireworks cruise? Thanks!!!!
Yup. The Blue Flag boat services WL, Ft. Wilderness and the Contemporary.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:43 AM   #3537
MI MICKEY
Earning My Ears

I apologize if this has been covered, but does the WL have rules about bringing your own snacks and drinks down to the pool area? We are getting ready to make our Garden Grocer order, and I am trying to determine how strict they are about this before I plunk down a bunch of money on snacks they won't let us carry in.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:55 AM   #3538
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI MICKEY View Post
I apologize if this has been covered, but does the WL have rules about bringing your own snacks and drinks down to the pool area? We are getting ready to make our Garden Grocer order, and I am trying to determine how strict they are about this before I plunk down a bunch of money on snacks they won't let us carry in.
Just no glass containers.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:29 AM   #3539
rhondakg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnjmom View Post

FABULOUS REVIEW so glad you are enjoying your time!! Question for you - have you tried using the rider switch with you FP? My son has all of the same FP as my hubby and I - WHICH I HOPE he will get on the rides with us but if he is scared and we are in the FP line will they let us swap him out? OR w/the rider swap do you have to go the single person line? Very confused about this....AGAIN SO GLAD YOU ARE THERE!!

OH - when I go I will not be able to do a trip report until I return....I don't have one of those fancy phones - or IPAD...yes this is my choice...not ready to go that route....Thanks again for your report!
Old 11-15-2013, 10:44 AM   #3540
MI MICKEY
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Just no glass containers.
Great! No problem there. Thanks!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: