Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 07:46 PM   #3511
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JinxedSydney View Post
Even with only 20 days left to touchdown in the most magical place on earth, my DH's grandfather was suddenly taken ill on Friday and will be passing within a day or so (undiagnosed, stage 4 cancer). Disney thoughts are actually helping our kiddos and reading comments on here let's me be grateful for the time that is coming for our family. My best friend and her hubby surprised me by changing their plans from DL to WDW to be with us and it'll be a fun surprise for my girls.

20 days and my girls are already fighting over who will get the aisle seat.
I'm so sorry to hear about your DH's grandfather. That sounds like it was very sudden. It is really nice that your friends will be able to join you. We'll be there part of the same time as you.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 11-12-2013, 08:12 PM   #3512
crazycatlady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondakg View Post
Hi All!! Getting really close to our First trip to the world...very excited! I have a couple questions - I read on the 1st page that we are to include our name, check in date and reservation number on packages to be mailed to us?
1) Silly question here am I really supposed to put my reservation number on my package?
2) I have seen photos of the refridgerators but would like to know personal experiences here - can 2 1/2 gallons of milk fit in the side door - OR 1 full gallon of milk in the main area?
3) I know I'm a few weeks away - but for those that are there now and just got back how are the nights - are the chilly or on the warm side?

I'm coming from Nebraska so it is pretty darn chilly at night and I'm just curious what Florida is like

4) We are renting a car - Is it too much of a hassle to stop at the Walmart close by WDW or would you suggest ordering form Garden Grocers....we just need pop, water, bread and milk.......

I thank you all for your WDW wisdom
We always stop at that WalMart to stock up on breakfast items on our way to our resort from the airport. It is a really nice, clean store.

August, 2014- Royal Pacific Resort
November, 2013- Wilderness Lodge
October, 2012- POP Century
October, 2011- POP Century
October, 2010- POP Century
October, 2009- Off-site Marriott Cypress Harbour
October, 2003- Off-site Marriott Grande Vista
February, 2001-Off-site Marriott Royal Palms
October, 1999- Off-site Marriott Cypress Harbour
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2013, 07:51 AM   #3513
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Of course! Yippee!

Time to get to packin'!

I had a quinoa wrap at RF and it was delicious.

That's the one! It was large, but it's cut in half.

This was served at Trail's Ends' dinner buffet in August and it was quite tasty:

Everyone with a WDW resort booking who is registered on MDE will be able make FP+ and MB selections around the 90-day mark. Have fun planning!

Thanks Kook! I'll look forward to tasting that wrap for myself perhaps as early as tomorrow evening.

And we have an ADR for Trail's End this Saturday following our day in AK. That quinoa salad will go well with the fried chicken. At home I only eat baked or grilled chicken but, like most, I do indulge at WDW!
Old 11-13-2013, 10:30 AM   #3514
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

And just like that our plans have changed.

Unfortunately, we will not be staying at the Wilderness Lodge in August. Although I would prefer to stay there, a travel agent I worked with previously had an offer allowing us to stay in the Polynesian for the same time period for a couple hundred dollars less, plus giving us one free entry to a water park or Disney Quest. My son is desperate to stay in a monorail resort (he loves them so) and I will practically do just about anything to make his little self happy. So, its the Poly for us this time.

Hopefully we will stay at the Wilderness someday...perhaps sans kids?
Old 11-13-2013, 12:27 PM   #3515
JinxedSydney
Lurker Extraordinare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
I'm so sorry to hear about your DH's grandfather. That sounds like it was very sudden. It is really nice that your friends will be able to join you. We'll be there part of the same time as you.
Thank you! It was sudden, but it's been a wonderful few days with family. I flipped the countdown chart to 19 this morning and the DH said, "I can't wait to go!"

Only downside to the best friends tagging along so late is that we can't squeeze them onto our ADR's.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:34 PM   #3516
rhondakg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycatlady View Post
We always stop at that WalMart to stock up on breakfast items on our way to our resort from the airport. It is a really nice, clean store.
Which one do you go to - there are 2 there is one on Vineland Rd and another one which I don't have the address for...I want to go to the easiest closest one to the resort Thanks for your answer!!
Old 11-13-2013, 06:03 PM   #3517
crazycatlady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondakg View Post
Which one do you go to - there are 2 there is one on Vineland Rd and another one which I don't have the address for...I want to go to the easiest closest one to the resort Thanks for your answer!!
We go the one on Vineland Rd. We found the prices much better than Publix.

Old 11-13-2013, 06:08 PM   #3518
crazycatlady
DIS Veteran

Is there anyone there that could tell me if they started putting the decorations up, yet? Also, how is the quiet pool area looking? Is there still a lot of construction going on?

I am so excited! My dad and I will be checking in at the Lodge Saturday morning.

Old 11-13-2013, 06:19 PM   #3519
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycatlady View Post
Is there anyone there that could tell me if they started putting the decorations up, yet? Also, how is the quiet pool area looking? Is there still a lot of construction going on?

I am so excited! My dad and I will be checking in at the Lodge Saturday morning.
We were there Nov 1-3 and the quiet pool was gutted.. I don't know if it would be done by now
Old 11-13-2013, 07:47 PM   #3520
Buntington
Mouseketeer

I'm missing the WL right now! We may have a chance to go to WDW for a day in January, but we won't be able to stay OP, so no WL for a while.

Anyone have any trip reports from WL recently or at xmas? I would love to read to get a vicarious WL fix. Christmas at WL is always so breathtakingly gorgeous.
Planning DS's First Trip December 2016!
Old 11-13-2013, 09:51 PM   #3521
kribarry
Earning My Ears

Hi all! We arrive at WL on Friday and VWL on Saturday for the week!!!

Does anyone know how the installation of the new fence/gate at Hidden Springs will impact walking back to the villas from the boat dock after 11 pm when the pool closes??

Hopefully everything is going as planned and HiddenSprings will reopen Friday!

Thanks!!
Old 11-14-2013, 07:11 AM   #3522
nyrebecca
DIS Veteran

Hrm...what to do this weekend? Oh that's right! We are going to Disney World! It has been a rough year so we can't wait to get to the Lodge this weekend and just be able to relax!

Old 11-14-2013, 07:48 AM   #3523
DisneyNDecember
DIS Veteran

We leave in 2 days for WL !! Woo Hooo !!!

Question, do you have problems with Mousekeeping replenishing your coffee packets in the room? Do you call down to the front desk & ask for more?
Or just leave a note for the mousekeeper?
Old 11-14-2013, 07:58 AM   #3524
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyNDecember
We leave in 2 days for WL !! Woo Hooo !!!

Question, do you have problems with Mousekeeping replenishing your coffee packets in the room? Do you call down to the front desk & ask for more?
Or just leave a note for the mousekeeper?
Never had a problem. If you need more call housekeeping or leave a note. Calling the front desk gets you to a call center and odds of the request actually getting to housekeeping are slim.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:16 AM   #3525
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Never had a problem. If you need more call housekeeping or leave a note. Calling the front desk gets you to a call center and odds of the request actually getting to housekeeping are slim.
I actually had the opposite thing happen to me..I asked the CL CM for an extra blanket and was told "No problem" ..we went out for the day and came back to no blanket..called Housekeeping from phone in the room, when we got back from dinner, 2 were sitting on the foot of the bed.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: