Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 03:20 PM   #3496
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

Question Roaring Fork Question

Can any recent visitors to WL tell me if Roaring Fork still has the vegan (or vegetarian) wrap that was introduced last year or early this year? This was on the lunch/dinner menu.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:04 PM   #3497
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Z View Post
Can any recent visitors to WL tell me if Roaring Fork still has the vegan (or vegetarian) wrap that was introduced last year or early this year? This was on the lunch/dinner menu.
They did have a vegetarian lunch option, but I don't remember what is was, since we only had lunch there Nov. 7. For breakfast, the vegetarian flat-bread (very not vegan) was sumptuous!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2013, 04:59 PM   #3498
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

I found my note copied from either the DISboards or All Ears about the wrap: "Best vegan quick service entree on property. Roaring Forks @ WL: the Vegetarian Quinoa Wrap This wrapped masterpiece features delicious hummus, grilled vegetables, and prepared spiced quinoa. This sandwich definitely has a slight kick, but please do not let that deter you. Typically, the cast members behind the counter are nice enough to let you sample the contents before they make your wrap, so if you're nervous, give the separate ingredients a try!" I'm not a vegan but I love hummus and many preparations of quinoa so this sounds appealing to me. I've just never found it listed on any Roaring Forks menu that I've seen posted. I guess I'll find out in 72 hours if not before!
Old 11-11-2013, 07:51 PM   #3499
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Where all did it stop?

When we stayed at the GF last December the ME bus had 4 stops and we were last. It went: POR, WL, Poly, GF. I was hoping that would be the order when we stay at the WL in January!

Have fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaMagsMom View Post
When we took DME , WL was the 3rd stop. In past trips we had been the first every time so I guess you never know. We went to the Poly and GF first. Have fun!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnjmom View Post
On DME. WL seems to be last stop. Been 1 hr since exited flight. Not complaining just FYI.
WL was the third stop after Poly and GF when we were there in February.

sweetnjmom - I hope you are enjoying the WL right now.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 11-12-2013, 08:27 AM   #3500
reagansdaddy
Earning My Ears

At what point do you find out if you are selected for Magic Bands, FastPass+, etc?

How do you learn that you've been selected?

Thanks!
Old 11-12-2013, 12:57 PM   #3501
My2CrazyGirls
DIS Veteran

Question about the in room coffee.....what kinds of cups do they give you? The throw away kind with the a top? Or no top?
Old 11-12-2013, 01:18 PM   #3502
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by reagansdaddy View Post
At what point do you find out if you are selected for Magic Bands, FastPass+, etc?

Thanks!
my february trip is 87 days away and I noticed I could "personalize my bands" Sunday night...

at the top of the page where it says My Disney Experience..on the drop down, click on your NAME

Then you will see this
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-12-2013, 01:19 PM   #3503
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2CrazyGirls View Post
Question about the in room coffee.....what kinds of cups do they give you? The throw away kind with the a top? Or no top?
We had regular ceramic cups..no lids.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:29 PM   #3504
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks!
When are you going on your trip? We were able to customize our MagicBands for our March 19th trip to the BC.

You learn when you have been selected when the words "Manage cards and bands" changes to "Personalize MagicBands" on the welcome page that the pp posted above. Click on the link and once you confirm your shipping address, you should be able to personalize your bands.

As far as fp+ goes, who knows what Disney plans to do with it, but as it stands now, once you are about 60 days from check in, and if you have tickets linked to your account, you can make fast pass + reservations. Right now the limit is three fp+ per day and they all have to be at one park. It is still in the testing phase until Jan 5th.

But right now you will learn when you can make fp+ selections when your itinerary page includes the date when you can make fp+ selections.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 11-12-2013, 02:14 PM   #3505
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy of Princess View Post
Can you please add us to the log? We just booked at the WL for July 6-13, 2014!!

Thank you so much!!
Of course! Yippee!

Quote:
10 days until we check into WL! I can't believe it is sooooooo soon!
Time to get to packin'!

Quote:
I had a quinoa wrap at RF and it was delicious.

Quote:
I found my note copied from either the DISboards or All Ears about the wrap: "Best vegan quick service entree on property. Roaring Forks @ WL: the Vegetarian Quinoa Wrap This wrapped masterpiece features delicious hummus, grilled vegetables, and prepared spiced quinoa. This sandwich definitely has a slight kick, but please do not let that deter you. Typically, the cast members behind the counter are nice enough to let you sample the contents before they make your wrap, so if you're nervous, give the separate ingredients a try!" I'm not a vegan but I love hummus and many preparations of quinoa so this sounds appealing to me. I've just never found it listed on any Roaring Forks menu that I've seen posted. I guess I'll find out in 72 hours if not before!
That's the one! It was large, but it's cut in half.

This was served at Trail's Ends' dinner buffet in August and it was quite tasty:

Quote:

Thanks!
Everyone with a WDW resort booking who is registered on MDE will be able make FP+ and MB selections around the 90-day mark. Have fun planning!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
We had regular ceramic cups..no lids.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:21 PM   #3506
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

As a special treat, Tables in Wonderland Members may now enjoy Complimentary Valet Parking at Downtown Disney® Area through January 1, 2014!

Here are some things you need to know about valet parking at Downtown Disney® Area, as terms and conditions do apply:

- Complimentary valet parking is for the sole purpose of dining at one of the participating restaurants at Downtown Disney® area.
- One vehicle per membership card .
- Present your membership card with a valid dining receipt from the participating Downtown Disney® restaurant at the valet stand upon retrieving your vehicle.
- Valet parking service is available from 4pm-2am daily.
- Valet Parking can be accessed via Entrance 4 at Downtown Disney® West Side.
- If a member would like to take advantage of the valet parking service but will not be dining at a participating Tables in Wonderland restaurant, the price is $15 per vehicle, gratuity accepted.
- There will be a charge for parking and valet services on Tables in Wonderland blockout dates. For a full list of blockout days and program policies, please visit
www.tablesinwonderland.com
Old 11-12-2013, 04:12 PM   #3507
rhondakg
Mouseketeer

Hi All!! Getting really close to our First trip to the world...very excited! I have a couple questions - I read on the 1st page that we are to include our name, check in date and reservation number on packages to be mailed to us?
1) Silly question here am I really supposed to put my reservation number on my package?
2) I have seen photos of the refridgerators but would like to know personal experiences here - can 2 1/2 gallons of milk fit in the side door - OR 1 full gallon of milk in the main area?
3) I know I'm a few weeks away - but for those that are there now and just got back how are the nights - are the chilly or on the warm side?

I'm coming from Nebraska so it is pretty darn chilly at night and I'm just curious what Florida is like

4) We are renting a car - Is it too much of a hassle to stop at the Walmart close by WDW or would you suggest ordering form Garden Grocers....we just need pop, water, bread and milk.......

I thank you all for your WDW wisdom
Old 11-12-2013, 04:28 PM   #3508
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondakg View Post
Hi All!! Getting really close to our First trip to the world...very excited! I have a couple questions - I read on the 1st page that we are to include our name, check in date and reservation number on packages to be mailed to us?
1) Silly question here am I really supposed to put my reservation number on my package?
2) I have seen photos of the refridgerators but would like to know personal experiences here - can 2 1/2 gallons of milk fit in the side door - OR 1 full gallon of milk in the main area?
3) I know I'm a few weeks away - but for those that are there now and just got back how are the nights - are the chilly or on the warm side?

I'm coming from Nebraska so it is pretty darn chilly at night and I'm just curious what Florida is like

4) We are renting a car - Is it too much of a hassle to stop at the Walmart close by WDW or would you suggest ordering form Garden Grocers....we just need pop, water, bread and milk.......

I thank you all for your WDW wisdom

Congratulations, your trip is so close!

We had a camera memory card mailed to us from Amazon in September and we just had it sent care of the front desk and included our room number, but if you order ahead of time you won't have that, so I think that's where a reservation number might be good. I wouldn't say it is required, but it might make it easier for them to find you, especially if it ended up in an odd place.

For the fridge we didn't keep milk in it, but I think the door is too small for half gallons. It worked ok for 20 oz water bottles but that's about it. I think a gallon would fit in the main part, but it is shaped kind of odd so you might not be have a nice flat spot for it that's tall enough. Perhaps someone else has direct experience.

We used Garden Grocer for our trip, but only because we were flying and taking Magical Express. If we had a car, we'd probably stop for a few things on the way in, and then spend the rest of the trip "within the bubble".

Have a great time!
Old 11-12-2013, 05:52 PM   #3509
JinxedSydney
Lurker Extraordinare

Even with only 20 days left to touchdown in the most magical place on earth, my DH's grandfather was suddenly taken ill on Friday and will be passing within a day or so (undiagnosed, stage 4 cancer). Disney thoughts are actually helping our kiddos and reading comments on here let's me be grateful for the time that is coming for our family. My best friend and her hubby surprised me by changing their plans from DL to WDW to be with us and it'll be a fun surprise for my girls.

20 days and my girls are already fighting over who will get the aisle seat.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:32 PM   #3510
rhondakg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
Congratulations, your trip is so close!

We had a camera memory card mailed to us from Amazon in September and we just had it sent care of the front desk and included our room number, but if you order ahead of time you won't have that, so I think that's where a reservation number might be good. I wouldn't say it is required, but it might make it easier for them to find you, especially if it ended up in an odd place.

For the fridge we didn't keep milk in it, but I think the door is too small for half gallons. It worked ok for 20 oz water bottles but that's about it. I think a gallon would fit in the main part, but it is shaped kind of odd so you might not be have a nice flat spot for it that's tall enough. Perhaps someone else has direct experience.

We used Garden Grocer for our trip, but only because we were flying and taking Magical Express. If we had a car, we'd probably stop for a few things on the way in, and then spend the rest of the trip "within the bubble".

Have a great time!
Thanks for the quick quote....I think we might stop at a Walmart or convenient store - I just didn't want to waste time in a store when I could be checking out the lodge....thanks!!!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: