Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 01:22 PM   #3481
JnKinVA
Mouseketeer

So I just called to ask for around the same location we had been in last April and looking through my vacation documents, we were in Room 3125 last time. I really liked the view from here, and asked for around the same location, or up a floor or two.

Request has been put in our reservation

We've also booked our ADR for Le Cellier and we'll be booking our behind the scenes tours here soon too! I know we are almost 6 months out, but I get so excited for trips like this!

We have an 11-day cruise coming up in about 55 days, but I seem to be more excited for WDW more right now lol

Old 11-10-2013, 03:56 PM   #3482
reagansdaddy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by outahere View Post
We are considering staying WL CL sometime in December for a few nights. From the room map it looks like some of the CL rooms have what would be a Standard View on a lower floor - over looking the service area, loading dock, etc. That has me a little concerned because I really don't want to spend the money for a CL room and have the chance of hearing noise, trucks backing up, etc. If anyone has stayed any of the even numbered rooms 7042 - 7066, I would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks.
We stayed in 7042 in June. It looks out toward the castle and is kind of over the smoke house for Whispering Canyon. I believe this would be considered a standard view in the rest of the resort. We had requested a castle view and bunk beds, so we were thrilled.

I don't recall hearing any trucks, loading, etc. Even in the mornings when I was on the deck having a cup of coffee it was peaceful.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by reagansdaddy; 11-10-2013 at 04:02 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2013, 05:14 AM   #3483
reagansdaddy
Earning My Ears

Farmer Family Takes Disney II

It's official. We are coming back to the Wilderness Lodge this July! So excited!

Kook - when you have a chance, can you add my family to the log for July 15th through the 19th? Thanks!

245 Days! I've got to get up to speed on FastPass+, Magic Bands, and all this other new stuff that has been added since our trip in June!

Last edited by reagansdaddy; 11-11-2013 at 05:23 AM.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:20 AM   #3484
reagansdaddy
Earning My Ears

Booking Through AAA

Does anyone have any experience booking through AAA? It looks as if I can save a couple of hundred dollars going that route, but I'd like to have access to my reservation through the Disney website as well. Can I still do that if I book with AAA?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I apologize if this is off topic. Feel free to move if necessary Kook.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:21 AM   #3485
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Wishing all our Veterans a magical day and thanking each and every one of you

Old 11-11-2013, 05:48 AM   #3486
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by outahere View Post
All the other deluxe resorts allow you to select your view, even if the better views do cost more. Not sure I want to take a chance on paying CL prices and end up in a noisy room.
I forgot to mention yesterday in my reply to you that there are other Deluxe CLs where you can't book your view. For example, your CL view at BWI can be of the BoardWalk or of gardens/pool. Unless you book a Deluxe CL room there which will guarantee you a BWV. Also, the 14th floor Tower Club level at CR doesn't allow you to book a view and those are the most expensive rooms in the resort. You can request, but aren't guaranteed either a Bay Lake View (BLV) or a MK View (TPV). While you can book a view at the Poly, some of the Garden View rooms have obstructed views and you can end up with a palm tree right in front of your window and a view of a pool utility building.

I think you will be very happy with your room and view, but if you aren't, you can talk to a concierge and they will do their best to make you happy-happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JnKinVA View Post
So I just called to ask for around the same location we had been in last April and looking through my vacation documents, we were in Room 3125 last time. I really liked the view from here, and asked for around the same location, or up a floor or two.

Request has been put in our reservation

We've also booked our ADR for Le Cellier and we'll be booking our behind the scenes tours here soon too! I know we are almost 6 months out, but I get so excited for trips like this!

We have an 11-day cruise coming up in about 55 days, but I seem to be more excited for WDW more right now lol
How exciting! You have a lot of fun to look forward to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reagansdaddy View Post
It's official. We are coming back to the Wilderness Lodge this July! So excited!

Kook - when you have a chance, can you add my family to the log for July 15th through the 19th? Thanks!

245 Days! I've got to get up to speed on FastPass+, Magic Bands, and all this other new stuff that has been added since our trip in June!
Of course I'll add you and congratulations! Let the planning begin!

Quote:
Does anyone have any experience booking through AAA? It looks as if I can save a couple of hundred dollars going that route, but I'd like to have access to my reservation through the Disney website as well. Can I still do that if I book with AAA?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I apologize if this is off topic. Feel free to move if necessary Kook.
Nothing is OT here, as long as it's mildly related to WDW, so don't hesitate to ask. I've never booked through AAA, but I believe you can put your reservation into the MDE system yourself. (BTW, only Moderators can move posts, of which I'm not one.)
Old 11-11-2013, 08:00 AM   #3487
Mommy of Princess
Earning My Ears

Quote:

We just booked WL through AAA. Definitely saved us some money. Once AAA makes the reservations you will type your confirmation number on the Disney site and your reservation will show up. Happy travels!!
Old 11-11-2013, 08:13 AM   #3488
outahere

Quote:
We stayed in 7042 in June. It looks out toward the castle and is kind of over the smoke house for Whispering Canyon. I believe this would be considered a standard view in the rest of the resort. We had requested a castle view and bunk beds, so we were thrilled.

I don't recall hearing any trucks, loading, etc. Even in the mornings when I was on the deck having a cup of coffee it was peaceful.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I forgot to mention yesterday in my reply to you that there are other Deluxe CLs where you can't book your view. For example, your CL view at BWI can be of the BoardWalk or of gardens/pool. Unless you book a Deluxe CL room there which will guarantee you a BWV. Also, the 14th floor Tower Club level at CR doesn't allow you to book a view and those are the most expensive rooms in the resort. You can request, but aren't guaranteed either a Bay Lake View (BLV) or a MK View (TPV). While you can book a view at the Poly, some of the Garden View rooms have obstructed views and you can end up with a palm tree right in front of your window and a view of a pool utility building.

I think you will be very happy with your room and view, but if you aren't, you can talk to a concierge and they will do their best to make you happy-happy
You're right, I forgot about those since we have not stayed at BWI or CR. I went ahead and booked WL CL and sent an email to the IPO requesting 2 queens and a courtyard view (DS19 would never be comfortable in a bunk - he's over 6 feet tall). We'll see what we get when we check in.

Disney Magic - April, 2004 / EB Panama Canal crossing - August, 2005 / Thanksgiving, 2006 / April, 2009 / February, 2011 / March, 2014
Disney Wonder - September, 2002 / April, 2007 / April, 2008 / Thanksgiving, 2009 / April, 2010
Disney Dream - April, 2011 / August, 2012 / February, 2014
Polynesian CL - August, 2004 / April, 2010 / August, 2010 / October, 2013
Yacht Club CL - August, 2011 / April, 2012 / August, 2012 / August, 2013 / April, 2014 / June, 2014
Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf CL - February, 2013
Wilderness Lodge CL - December, 2013 / November, 2014
OKW - February, 2012 / June, 2013
VWL - August, 2006
WDW - offsite, more times than I can count since 1978
S/S Norway - 1984, 1985, 1991
Norwegian Pearl - Alaska - August, 2007
Old 11-11-2013, 09:09 AM   #3489
TandLMommy28
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
Sometimes a room discount for a deluxe resort is a better value than free dining, especially if there are just two of you. You'll have to crunch the numbers to find out.
Nah, we have three kids. Free dining is typically a much better deal. We will see which way it falls. I like he dining plan and he doesn't. We will see who "wins".
Edited to add: we have three kids but one is a baby so we can still do a four person room at WL.

Last edited by TandLMommy28; 11-11-2013 at 09:15 AM.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:43 AM   #3490
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

Quote:

Just be sure you select a AAA travel agent who is an expert on WDW. Any reservation made through a travel agent means that they maintain control of your reservation. You can still make your own ADR's etc but there are some things that must be handled by the TA.

I do know that you can book through WDTC and get a AAA discount on a room only reservation. I've done that when first booking a trip and then switched to a better discount after a Disney promotion became available.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:14 AM   #3491
Mommy of Princess
Earning My Ears

Can you please add us to the log? We just booked at the WL for July 6-13, 2014!!

Thank you so much!!
Old 11-11-2013, 03:38 PM   #3492
sweetnjmom
Mouseketeer

On DME. WL seems to be last stop. Been 1 hr since exited flight. Not complaining just FYI.

Past trips off property: 4/80, 1/81, 6/94 and 5/09
Past trips on property: 8/90 GF, 10/96 CBR, 11/01 ASM, 5/02 POR, 5/06 CSR, 11/13 WL
Old 11-11-2013, 03:41 PM   #3493
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnjmom View Post
On DME. WL seems to be last stop. Been 1 hr since exited flight. Not complaining just FYI.
Where all did it stop?

When we stayed at the GF last December the ME bus had 4 stops and we were last. It went: POR, WL, Poly, GF. I was hoping that would be the order when we stay at the WL in January!

Have fun!
Old 11-11-2013, 03:42 PM   #3494
EmmaMagsMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnjmom View Post
Enjoy your trip!!! I can't believe it's only been a week since we got home. Seems like forever . When we took DME , WL was the 3rd stop. In past trips we had been the first every time so I guess you never know. We went to the Poly and GF first. Have fun!!!!!
Old 11-11-2013, 04:07 PM   #3495
My2CrazyGirls
DIS Veteran

10 days until we check into WL! I can't believe it is sooooooo soon!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: