Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 03:49 PM   #3466
mum2four
DIS Veteran

Just checking in to see my ticker - 78 days to go Logged on to MDE today and I was able to customize our magic bands! Can't wait for our first stay at WL!
Old 11-09-2013, 09:29 AM   #3467
bluecastle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellsmomma View Post
Do people decorate their doors?
When we were there in December 2009, we noticed a few people had decorated their balconies. When we would walk back from the boat dock to the courtyard, seeing an inflatable Christmas Winnie the Pooh to greet us was always a welcome sight! Staying at WL during the holidays was something I always dreamed about.You are going to love it!
'81 offsite, 4/90 Polynesian, 8/91 Beach Club, 7/92 Pt. Orleans, 10/94 Polynesian, 10/96 Caribbean Beach, 6/00 Wilderness Lodge, 6/02 Portofino/Polynesian, 12/09 Wilderness Lodge, 8/14 Portofino/Villas at Wilderness Lodge
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2013, 09:36 AM   #3468
bluecastle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnjmom View Post
Hello Lodgers!!

Today is my last day at work before our trip--we leave in 3 DAYS!!!

Still haven't packed a single thing. But I've done a TON of laundry. I think tomorrow afternoon I'll finally start and then finish up on Sunday--with last minute toiletry additions on Monday before we head to the airport.

I've been stalking the Weather Channel app and it looks to be around 80 most of next week. The pools are heated, yes? I figure 80 degrees = pool weather.

Getting SO excited!
You sound like me! I can't seem to pack early, but I always make sure the laundry is done. Have a wonderful week!!
'81 offsite, 4/90 Polynesian, 8/91 Beach Club, 7/92 Pt. Orleans, 10/94 Polynesian, 10/96 Caribbean Beach, 6/00 Wilderness Lodge, 6/02 Portofino/Polynesian, 12/09 Wilderness Lodge, 8/14 Portofino/Villas at Wilderness Lodge
Old 11-09-2013, 09:44 AM   #3469
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecastle View Post
You sound like me! I can't seem to pack early, but I always make sure the laundry is done. Have a wonderful week!!
That's me, too. I do all the laundry first. And then I pack my clothes the night before. But my carry on bag of important stuff, like the vouchers for the ME and copies of reservations, get packed earlier than that. This time we get to include the MagicBands.

We'll be checking in three weeks from today. I'm not in the Christmas spirit yet, but I will be once I hit the lobby of the WL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
We had requested 5th floor north wing, middle or east end, on our WV room reservation. When we checked in, they had upgraded us to a CV. Not sure it was an upgrade, since we like looking out at the trees, but since we were in the middle of the 5th floor (as requested) our view was more vegetation and less pool.
We're looking forward to our nice woods view room and hearing those boat whistles again. My fear would be that we would be upgraded to a courtyard view and then we would be hearing the pool party noise during DH's afternoon nap. He is really looking forward to that nap.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; OKW - Feb 26-Mar 1, 2015; BC - April 15 - 21, 2015; BC - Oct 21 - 26, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 11-09-2013, 10:21 AM   #3470
mystery222184
Mouseketeer

Just checking in! It feels like yesterday when we booked the trip a year ago. Time flies- Only 3 weeks left!!

Summer 1998: {Grand Floridian} ~ Summer 2001: {Polynesian CL} ~ Spring 2010: {Grand Floridian} ~ Summer 2010: {Grand Floridian} ~ Christmas 2012: {Polynesian CL} ~ Summer 2013: {Grand Floridian SL} ~ Christmas 2013: {Wilderness Lodge CL} ~ Summer 2014: {Polynesian CL} ~ Fall 2014: {Yacht Club CL/Grand Floridian RPC}
Old 11-09-2013, 11:56 AM   #3471
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
When we were there in December 2009, we noticed a few people had decorated their balconies. When we would walk back from the boat dock to the courtyard, seeing an inflatable Christmas Winnie the Pooh to greet us was always a welcome sight! Staying at WL during the holidays was something I always dreamed about.You are going to love it!
A few years ago DVC asked DVC members not to decorate the exterior of their villas (like no lights and inflatables on the porch/balcony) and that any interior decorations should not be seen from the outside (like nothing on the door, nothing in the windows unless a closed curtain blocked it). Plus no tacks or tape should be used or anything else that might damage the finishes (including Command strips that can remove the paint). This would apply if you were staying in the villas.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 11-09-2013, 02:43 PM   #3472
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
We're looking forward to our nice woods view room and hearing those boat whistles again. My fear would be that we would be upgraded to a courtyard view and then we would be hearing the pool party noise during DH's afternoon nap. He is really looking forward to that nap.
There is nothing better than that completely exhausted mid afternoon Disney nap! We hardly ever nap at home, and the kids haven't napped in years (16 and 9). However when we hit the parks early and head back for an afternoon break we are all asleep within minutes.

You're getting close Wood Nymph!! We're just under 5 weeks ourselves!

I do have a question. Is the only mug refill station at WL in Roaring Forks? Just didn't know if there was another location I was unaware of. I am looking forward to going down in the mornings with dd and getting hot chocolates to have with our breakfast!
Old 11-09-2013, 03:20 PM   #3473
outahere

Club Level room views

We are considering staying WL CL sometime in December for a few nights. From the room map it looks like some of the CL rooms have what would be a Standard View on a lower floor - over looking the service area, loading dock, etc. That has me a little concerned because I really don't want to spend the money for a CL room and have the chance of hearing noise, trucks backing up, etc. If anyone has stayed any of the even numbered rooms 7042 - 7066, I would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks.

Disney Magic - April, 2004 / EB Panama Canal crossing - August, 2005 / Thanksgiving, 2006 / April, 2009 / February, 2011 / March, 2014
Disney Wonder - September, 2002 / April, 2007 / April, 2008 / Thanksgiving, 2009 / April, 2010
Disney Dream - April, 2011 / August, 2012 / February, 2014
Polynesian CL - August, 2004 / April, 2010 / August, 2010 / October, 2013
Yacht Club CL - August, 2011 / April, 2012 / August, 2012 / August, 2013 / April, 2014 / June, 2014
Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf CL - February, 2013
Wilderness Lodge CL - December, 2013 / November, 2014 / December, 2014
OKW - February, 2012 / June, 2013
VWL - August, 2006
WDW - offsite, more times than I can count since 1978
S/S Norway - 1984, 1985, 1991
Norwegian Pearl - Alaska - August, 2007
Old 11-09-2013, 07:16 PM   #3474
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

We just returned from 7062. I posted some pictures a few pages back.

Yes were were over looking a service area.. But I only heard a truck one morning. The view of the castle and fireworks made it well worth it.. Otherwise, I would book courtyard. The woods view looks south and the pool at the villas and the bus noise might bother you.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:32 AM   #3475
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI MICKEY View Post
Hi fellow Lodgers  19 days to go!

I am confused about the room request protocol. We have a Woods View reservation and would prefer to be away from the lobby (our littlest one is a light sleeper and goes to bed fairly early and I am worried about the lobby noise) and with a potential view of the MK fireworks. I did online check-in through the My Disney Experience web site and was able to make a request for the fifth floor and highest floor, but I would really like to get the North Wing, away from the lobby, and there was no way to request that. This thread, and others like it, is full of great information on how to do requests, but some of the details seem to conflict. I guess that means it probably doesnt matter how requests are made, but just in case I am wondering if any of you who have made successful requests can elaborate on how you did it:

How: Did you make the request by Fax? Phone? Email?

Who: Did you have a travel agent do it? Or do it yourself? Who did you actually address the request to? (We arent club level, so do not have an IPO.)

When: The sooner the better? Wait 3-4 days before the trip?

Thank you!
Welcome! OCI limits you to only pre-set options that for some room categories aren't even relevant. The best way to make sure the Room Assignor sees all your requests is to call the WDTC or if you are staying CL, email the IPO, and have them add your requests to your reservation. You can still do OCI and the Room Assignor will see both OCI and call-in requests, but again, the OCI requests are very limited. You can call anytime after you make your reservation, but make sure you do it at least a week prior to arrival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrebecca View Post
Super excited that in just a few days we will be back at the lodge. We are staying at the Villas for the first time so this will be fun!
Can't wait to hear about your stay. Happy travels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post

I don't see any reason to wait, so we make the requests as soon as possible. As far as timeline, I have heard that the requests go to the room assignor at the resort between 1-2 weeks prior to your arrival.
The reservation is dropped into the resort's system about 5 days prior to arrival, at which time, the Room Assignor will begin assigning rooms. I think the reason this happens at the 5-day mark may have something to do with the ability to cancel a room-only reservation up to 5 days prior to arrival without penalty. But, I still always recommend having your requests in NLT than a week prior to arrival, just to be safe and I agree with you, there's no reason to wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnjmom View Post
Hello Lodgers!!

Today is my last day at work before our trip--we leave in 3 DAYS!!!

Still haven't packed a single thing. But I've done a TON of laundry. I think tomorrow afternoon I'll finally start and then finish up on Sunday--with last minute toiletry additions on Monday before we head to the airport.

I've been stalking the Weather Channel app and it looks to be around 80 most of next week. The pools are heated, yes? I figure 80 degrees = pool weather.

Getting SO excited!
How exciting. Yes, pools are heated, but the ambient temp. can be cool this time of year, especially after sunset. You may have to go from the pool to one of those super-heated hot tubs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TandLMommy28 View Post
Had a long chat with hubby and decided WL is for sure the right resort for us. So excited. Won't be booking for awhile but our dates are for sure 9/21-9/27. I'm hoping for free dining but hubby is over DDP and is hoping for a nice room discount. We will see who wins!
Go with the discount. Unless it's minuscule, you'll save more that way, like the PP said. You have a lot more flexibility without the DDP and if you have APs and use TiW you'll save 20% off every TS meal, including adult beverages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimbuscat View Post
You guys are making me so excited for my trip! 56 days, woohoo!!!
(From a former ND resident.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2twingles View Post
Today is my last work day to. We leave Monday night but are cruising on the Dream before checking into the Lodge on the 17th. I am in no mood to work today so it is going to be a long day. Partially packed but have found some things that I need to run out for this weekend.
How exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethansmommy View Post
8 more days until we arrive at the Lodge!!!! So excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaw View Post
Same here ... We leave tomorrow night ... fortunately, I'm 90% packed already (last weekend).
I've been stalking the Weather Channel as well and Wed (when we transfer from POR to WL) and Thurs look a bit on the cool side but the forecast seems to change often so you never know.
Have a great vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
We just got back from a week at WL last night. As usual, the WL was wonderful! I loved the room refurb, especially the new carpet on my barefeet. Interestingly, there was a handicap lift chair added to one of the hot tubs. And I loved the new Garden Flatbread added to the breakfast menu for RF. I always start craving vegetables after a DW trip!

We had requested 5th floor north wing, middle or east end, on our WV room reservation. When we checked in, they had upgraded us to a CV. Not sure it was an upgrade, since we like looking out at the trees, but since we were in the middle of the 5th floor (as requested) our view was more vegetation and less pool.

The staff was amazing too, and always so much fun to talk with. The WL was definitely gearing up for Xmas.

We made a wonderful discover as well; the Habanero Lime Margarita in the Territory Lounge is phenomenal! And I am not a margarita fan!
Thanks for posting about your stay. I had a Habanero Margarita on the rocks at Sci. Fi. and it was delicious. Great to know they have them at TL, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arielle22 View Post
We leave tomorrow morning at 7am. Cannot wait to be back at WL!
Are you there yet? Hope you're having a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum2four View Post
Just checking in to see my ticker - 78 days to go Logged on to MDE today and I was able to customize our magic bands! Can't wait for our first stay at WL!
It'll be here before you know it!

Quote:
Same for Christmas 2010. Some had lights on their balconies and we may have seen the same inflatible Pooh. We put our tree in the balcony window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystery222184 View Post
Just checking in! It feels like yesterday when we booked the trip a year ago. Time flies- Only 3 weeks left!!
I hope time slows down for you after you check-in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
A few years ago DVC asked DVC members not to decorate the exterior of their villas (like no lights and inflatables on the porch/balcony) and that any interior decorations should not be seen from the outside (like nothing on the door, nothing in the windows unless a closed curtain blocked it). Plus no tacks or tape should be used or anything else that might damage the finishes (including Command strips that can remove the paint). This would apply if you were staying in the villas.
Great information - thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outahere View Post
We are considering staying WL CL sometime in December for a few nights. From the room map it looks like some of the CL rooms have what would be a Standard View on a lower floor - over looking the service area, loading dock, etc. That has me a little concerned because I really don't want to spend the money for a CL room and have the chance of hearing noise, trucks backing up, etc. If anyone has stayed any of the even numbered rooms 7042 - 7066, I would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks.
All CL views are by-request only. If you want a view of Bay Lake/geyser/pool just request an Inner or WL Courtyard View. You can email your request to the IPO. If you want a chance to see some of Wishes, but you don't want to be over the loading dock, you can request that, too. You can then discuss your request when you check-in to see if your assigned room is close to what you wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post

Yes were were over looking a service area.. But I only heard a truck one morning. The view of the castle and fireworks made it well worth it.. Otherwise, I would book courtyard. The woods view looks south and the pool at the villas and the bus noise might bother you.
Timely answer
Old 11-10-2013, 09:33 AM   #3476
outahere

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll search back and try to find your pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

All CL views are by-request only. If you want a view of Bay Lake/geyser/pool just request an Inner or WL Courtyard View. You can email your request to the IPO. If you want a chance to see some of Wishes, but you don't want to be over the loading dock, you can request that, too. You can then discuss your request when you check-in to see if your assigned room is close to what you wanted.
Thanks. Since you can't select a view when booking a CL reservation, I figured I would have to send a request to the IPO. All the other deluxe resorts allow you to select your view, even if the better views do cost more. Not sure I want to take a chance on paying CL prices and end up in a noisy room.

Disney Magic - April, 2004 / EB Panama Canal crossing - August, 2005 / Thanksgiving, 2006 / April, 2009 / February, 2011 / March, 2014
Disney Wonder - September, 2002 / April, 2007 / April, 2008 / Thanksgiving, 2009 / April, 2010
Disney Dream - April, 2011 / August, 2012 / February, 2014
Polynesian CL - August, 2004 / April, 2010 / August, 2010 / October, 2013
Yacht Club CL - August, 2011 / April, 2012 / August, 2012 / August, 2013 / April, 2014 / June, 2014
Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf CL - February, 2013
Wilderness Lodge CL - December, 2013 / November, 2014 / December, 2014
OKW - February, 2012 / June, 2013
VWL - August, 2006
WDW - offsite, more times than I can count since 1978
S/S Norway - 1984, 1985, 1991
Norwegian Pearl - Alaska - August, 2007
Old 11-10-2013, 09:39 AM   #3477
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll search back and try to find your pictures.

Thanks. Since you can't select a view when booking a CL reservation, I figured I would have to send a request to the IPO. All the other deluxe resorts allow you to select your view, even if the better views do cost more. Not sure I want to take a chance on paying CL prices and end up in a noisy room.
There are very few CL rooms that overlook the loading dock area, but I understand your concern. The Room Assignors are very good about meeting guests' requests. While you can't absolutely guarantee your WL/CL view (unless you book a suite), it is nice not having to pay a premium for a Courtyard View room. And, the rooms that do look down to the loading dock area are on the highest floor at WL and do have views straight out of Wishes, MK and CR.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:43 AM   #3478
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks.
We were in room 7042. IMHO, the view was amazing, but only if you're into looking out and at the castle.

The picture of the view is on the 1st page of the thread. We loved this room.

We did not hear any noise from the loading trucks or anything but we could hear the boat horns out on Bay Lake.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 11-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #3479
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
That's me, too.

We'll be checking in three weeks from today. I'm not in the Christmas spirit yet, but I will be once I hit the lobby of the WL.
That's how I feel as well. But in 18 days, once I walk into the lobby of the WL the Christmas spirit will be all over me.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
Old 11-10-2013, 11:02 AM   #3480
snowwite
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
That's how I feel as well. But in 18 days, once I walk into the lobby of the WL the Christmas spirit will be all over me.
We will be arriving the same day. It will be my 22nd trip to Disney but my first time at WL. The pics of it look like it must have been designed by the same person who created the AKL. I'm soo excited!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: