Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 11:25 PM   #3286
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post

Her band (Perry High )will be marching on Monday, December 2nd. I should say that where we live is a real big time high school football region; for that matter football in whole. We live in the Canton/Massillon Ohio area and the residents here are rabid high school football fans and love their bands as well. Of course professional football was founded here and the Pro Football Hall of Fame is minutes from my home.

Yesterday was my last day to customize our MB's and will be looking for them in the mail. I will be certain to let you know.
We are planning to be in MK on Dec 2nd. We have BOG reservations for dinner and then we plan to stay for Wishes. Do you know what time the band will be marching?

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 10-29-2013, 11:53 PM   #3287
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
We are planning to be in MK on Dec 2nd. We have BOG reservations for dinner and then we plan to stay for Wishes. Do you know what time the band will be marching?
On their itinerary they are showing a scheduled time of 8:30 and is worded Main Street Elecrtical Pre-Parade. So with that I'm guessing they will be marching a few minutes preceeding the actual parade.

Now as a proud dad of a Perry Panther Marching Band Member (flute) let me take a moment to brag. Two weeks ago in their regional competition they won 5 awards playing the music from the Phantom of the Opera and qualified for the state competition this weekend.

1. Best overall music
2. Best overall visual
3. Best overall flags/majorettes
4. 1st place class AA

And the big one and the one we are most proud of.
Grand Champion!!

Here's a video from Youtube of their winning performance. (can you tell I'm so proud of her and the band).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKlFPHnloHA

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-30-2013, 04:15 AM   #3288
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
On their itinerary they are showing a scheduled time of 8:30 and is worded Main Street Elecrtical Pre-Parade. So with that I'm guessing they will be marching a few minutes preceeding the actual parade.

Now as a proud dad of a Perry Panther Marching Band Member (flute) let me take a moment to brag. Two weeks ago in their regional competition they won 5 awards playing the music from the Phantom of the Opera and qualified for the state competition this weekend.

1. Best overall music
2. Best overall visual
3. Best overall flags/majorettes
4. 1st place class AA

And the big one and the one we are most proud of.
Grand Champion!!

Here's a video from Youtube of their winning performance. (can you tell I'm so proud of her and the band).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKlFPHnloHA
Proud ..... As you should be!
Old 10-30-2013, 07:25 AM   #3289
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

I posted this last night on the CL thread, but no answer yet...Does the WL CL have robes still? I noticed last night I didn't see them as an amenity
Old 10-30-2013, 09:45 AM   #3290
vinotinto
Just Keep Swimming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
There is a boat that travels between FW, CR and WL which is a really nice way to get over there. We are going to go over there for breakfast one morning. You can take a boat from FW to MK. It is not the same boat that goes to WL and CR. It is a good way to do it.

You can also walk to FW from WL but it is much longer.
Thank you! Breakfast at Trails End one morning is definitely on.

What about the campfire? I've heard it's in a different area. Does it make more sense to walk from WL or take a boat from WL and then an internal bus?

Aug 2014 - YC Jan 2014 - Disney Dream and WL Oct 2013 - PBH Oct 2012 - BC (DxDP) Oct 2011 - YC (DxDP) May 2011 - PBH and AKL (DxDP) Sept 2010 - Poly (DxDP) Oct 2009 - BC (DDP) May 2004 - RPR April 1995 - AsMu
Old 10-30-2013, 11:00 AM   #3291
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinotinto View Post
Thank you! Breakfast at Trails End one morning is definitely on.

What about the campfire? I've heard it's in a different area. Does it make more sense to walk from WL or take a boat from WL and then an internal bus?
The Chip and Dale campfire at Fort Wilderness is at a park in the middle, so it is easiest to ride an internal FW bus there from the boat dock / Trail's End / HDDR "Settlement" area. Even walking from WL you'd go through this area first, so you can go with whatever mode of transportation you prefer. Boats, Buses from WL, or walking will get you to this area, and then an internal FW bus will get you to the "Meadows" area for the campfire, otherwise it is about a half mile walk from the settlement area.

For completeness, there is also a smaller campfire on the beach at WL with marshmallow roasting as well. Enjoy!
Old 10-30-2013, 12:12 PM   #3292
JnKinVA
Mouseketeer

So turns out we need to update our time at WL. I didn't realize that when I booked our reservation that we would be leaving on 05/04/14 until my husband advised me that it was May 4th, as in May the Fourth Be With You. So I called last night to check out on 05/05/14 so we can go to Hollywood Studios to be there for May 4th.

I am so broken up about this....getting to stay another day lol

I love my DH :D

May SWW TR

Old 10-30-2013, 12:38 PM   #3293
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by JnKinVA View Post
So turns out we need to update our time at WL. I didn't realize that when I booked our reservation that we would be leaving on 05/04/14 until my husband advised me that it was May 4th, as in May the Fourth Be With You. So I called last night to check out on 05/05/14 so we can go to Hollywood Studios to be there for May 4th.

I am so broken up about this....getting to stay another day lol

I love my DH :D
An extra day....it's a tragedy it is!

My DH would've made me do the same thing to if we were traveling the first week of May. No way would he miss the 4th!
Old 10-30-2013, 01:10 PM   #3294
Eric in TX
Belle, it's about time you got your head out of those books and started thinking about more important things....like me.

Okay, I admit it....

I'm only posting so I can look at my countdown ticker and smile

Thanks for indulging me!

Old 10-30-2013, 01:20 PM   #3295
DisneyDmbNut

WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric in TX View Post
Okay, I admit it....

Thanks for indulging me!

Will you be at MNSSHP on Friday??? We will too!!!
Old 10-30-2013, 01:33 PM   #3296
Surfinpiratee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric in TX
Okay, I admit it....

Thanks for indulging me!

That's what I do!!! Then I show my boyfriend and he's like "cool...." He's very excited though! I promise! Haha

Next Disney Vacation in the works!

Current PTR: We must return to the magic!
Old 10-30-2013, 01:59 PM   #3297
DisneyDmbNut

WL Vet

If you have an iphone, there is a cool all called "days to WDW"

i see this on my homescreen (this was from Monday)
Old 10-30-2013, 03:00 PM   #3298
rhondakg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
If you have an iphone, there is a cool all called "days to WDW"

i see this on my homescreen (this was from Monday)
What are we all going to do on this thread while you are enjoying your magic come Friday?? You are soo close...HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!
Old 10-30-2013, 05:25 PM   #3299
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Two days and one hour until we depart for WL! We actually check in around 1am. Hope we get our room reservation request! But if we don't, ah well. We will be at the WL anyway!

Old 10-30-2013, 07:42 PM   #3300
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinotinto View Post
How easy or hard is it to get to Fort Wilderness? Can you walk there? If you can't walk, is there a boat or a bus? Thinking about potentially heading there for breakfast one day (and then heading to MK after) and for the campfire on another day. Is this a good plan? Thanks!

The walk from WL to Trails End is 15 maybe 20 minutes tops and very enjoyable in the peacefulness of the morning. You will most likely be greeted by Bambi and family as you enjoy your morning stroll. Then, after breakfast you can hop on the boat to MK.

Enjoy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
I posted this last night on the CL thread, but no answer yet...Does the WL CL have robes still? I noticed last night I didn't see them as an amenity
Yes they do!!!!
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: