Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 09:50 PM   #3211
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgperkin View Post
Where is the path to fort wilderness from the lodge?
Go out past the large Lodge pool..pass the bar..stay right and follow the sidewalk.. You can't miss it
Old 10-27-2013, 02:00 AM   #3212
DPCummerbund
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by capttigger View Post
Hey all I just found out that the Pool at the Villas is closed and has major work going on. Does anyone have info on that? I would like to know when it might reopen.
From what I've read, they're not working on the pool, just fencing it in (per Disney's new fencing rules). It's supposed to be done by mid November.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2013, 04:34 AM   #3213
Lucys dad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPCummerbund View Post
From what I've read, they're not working on the pool, just fencing it in (per Disney's new fencing rules). It's supposed to be done by mid November.
What is the situation with fencing off the main pool ? Has it already been done or is there a scheduled date for the work to start ?

Thanks
Old 10-27-2013, 07:23 AM   #3214
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey all I just found out that the Pool at the Villas is closed and has major work going on. Does anyone have info on that? I would like to know when it might reopen.
According to this refurb info page, the Hidden Springs pool refurb is scheduled to end on Nov 15th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucys dad View Post
What is the situation with fencing off the main pool ? Has it already been done or is there a scheduled date for the work to start ?

Thanks
I haven't seen anything about the main pool, yet. But I would think that it won't be started until the Hidden Springs pool is finished. Most of the time Disney does pool refurbs in January. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't wait until then for the fencing.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 10-27-2013, 07:34 AM   #3215
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
This is in the NEWS and CURRENT/RECENT REHABS section of Post #1:

VWL: Hidden Springs Pool & Spa will be closed for refurbishment from October 14 through November 15.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:07 AM   #3216
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Guess what!!!???? I am going to the Lodge THIS week!!!! Yay!!!!
Old 10-27-2013, 08:13 AM   #3217
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
I can't wait to here how you survived the MB and FP+ without going nuts!
I'm pessimistic about the MBs. There's just too much potential FAIL worked into what one DIS poster calls the Tragic Bands. We shall see.

I'm already having FP+ problems in that our first night is not appearing for FP+, but our departure day is, even though we depart early. I modified the reservation last week to arrive one day early and depart one day early, so I suspect the FP+ system never updated per my modification.

Also, I keep doing OCI, but it never "sticks." It doesn't recognize that I've done it when I go back to my reservations it thinks I need to do it. This has never happened before. And, on RO reservation 3/3, which is for 12/25 - 30, the OCI system has defaulted to a 4th floor request. I didn't request a 4th floor and have no idea why I can't un-click the selection. Strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Kook, I read this and thought, I didn't check AAA rates for next fall! Thanks to your inspiration, we now have a very nice rate with Mil for the beginning and AAA for the rest. (And if something better comes along, I'll just change the rate.) Thanks for the reminder!! :
Glad I could plant the savings seed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JnKinVA View Post
Hi there! New here and love everything I have read so far

DH and I were given a complimentary upgrade to WL from Port Orleans Riverside last April and we took advantage of a 35% off PIN we received this month and will be going back to WL 04/25 - 05/04 next year!

Can't wait until we reach the 180 days so we can start booking our fun stuff (DiveQuest, Dolphins in Depth, etc)
Welcome! So Disney got you hooked with a free upgrade? It will be hard not to book WL from now on. Happy planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmg View Post
So glad I'm not the only one with multiple reservations for the same trip!

I'm missing from the Log though - I'll be there with DH, DD (6), DS (4) and my parents from 1/2-1/8!
I shall add you! We are keeping those poor Room Assignors busy, aren't we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
It's exciting isn't it. We are 34 days out and received our MyMagic+ invite as well a few days ago; like you, we also have customized bands and have made our fp+ reservations. What really capped the day off for me is I came home to find this in the mail box.

What a great photo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWillowBay View Post
HOLY MOLEY!! 4 DAYS!!! Final packing this weekend, one work day and one staff meeting to go! ….'might be the best staff meeting I ever attended. (If there is such a thing as a 'good' staff meeting?!?)
Meetings are rarely fun, but when it's the last one before your trip to WDW, then it might be tolerable, especially if you daydream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle11 View Post
I don't post much, but just wanted to join in to say that my Disneymoon is 42 days away!

This will be the first time my husband and I have ever stayed at WL and we are really looking forward to it!! We can't wait to see all of the Christmas decorations!

It has been very enjoyable reading all of your updates and posts!
Welcome to the thread and congratulations on your Disneymoon. You're going to love your first stay and I hope you'll be able to post a photo or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
I know the posters on this thread (and DISboards in general) are a small sliver of DW guests, microscopic really, but it is so exciting to see so many other people feel the same way we do about the WL! What an awesome place! Just don't tell the secret to too many people; I don't want the WL to be too crowded during our stay! (Yes, I can be a bit selfish about my vacation time!)
They were at 100% occ. last week so we really need to start keeping WL under the radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
Find myself wondering tonight if we will be able to swim in December. I realize nobody can answer that for me without a crystal ball though. Have any of you been able to swim on December trips?
This past February we swam every day for the first 6 days of our trip, and then the cold came and we were in the 40's for the last few days. Not only did we not want to swim, it was so cold with the wind that we left the parks early a few times. Funny because we're Canadian and we can handle cold, but somehow it was different after several days of temps in the 70's and 80's.
I'd sure love to try out the WL pool though so I am keeping my fingers crossed!

We have a Whispering Canyon breakfast booked for our MVMCP day. We plan to sleep in and have a late-ish breakfast and then tour the resorts until the party. Does anyone have any breakfast favourites to recommend?
Our breakfast favs are the Trail's End and Wave's buffets. They are terrific! The BBQ Pulled-Pork Eggs Benedict at TE is just delicious.

The main issue with swimming or using the hot tubs in the winter is when you get out, it is FREEZING! If you have some warm clothing that you can immediately put on upon exiting, that will help, but it's still a shock to the system getting out or having your neck/head exposed while in the pool or hot tub. Also, you'll still need SPF in the winter since the sun is still strong even when the ambient temp. is cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbaker View Post
I was there in December and I was able to use the pool. We were there for a week last March and could only use the pool one day. Back to Wilderness in December I'm keeping my fingers crossed at it will be warm!
to the DIS and the WL thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgperkin View Post
Where is the path to fort wilderness from the lodge?
There are two access points: One path starts next to the Marina office and is a path through the woods which leads across a street and to the concrete path. The other path is concrete and starts near the bus stop and continues across a street. The concrete path ends across the street from the ponies, near Pioneer Hall and TE. You can pick up the sidewalk after you pass the ponies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
According to this refurb info page, the Hidden Springs pool refurb is scheduled to end on Nov 15th.
Sorry that I didn't notice you had just posted the date as I was multi-quoting...thank you.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:58 AM   #3218
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

Just booked our September 2014 trip!

Old 10-27-2013, 10:13 AM   #3219
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
Guess what!!!???? I am going to the Lodge THIS week!!!! Yay!!!!
That is very exciting! You'll have to give us an update when you arrive.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 10-27-2013, 10:19 AM   #3220
bluecastle
Mouseketeer

It has been so long since I have posted, I couldn't even remember how to post on my iPad! I am going to try to visit more often, now that my desire to fill any free time with Disney dreaming/ planning has returned. We are still on course for a mid-August trip. I know that is a horrible time weather-wise, but it is the only time without conflicts for everyone in our party. Now that my daughter is an employee of the same school district as I am ( so proud of her!) we have the same schedule.
So, basically I stopped by to say hello and also to ask if anyone has been to the villas lately and if they are in good shape. Still have my eye on a cash res for a 2BR. I was a little tempted by the GFV but they are just too fancy and expensive for us! I will have to see what is available when I call. VWL is still my first choice.
Time to figure out where I left off and try to catch up!
Tentative dates: Aug, 11-19 with a day and a half up front at Universal.
'81 offsite, 4/90 Polynesian, 8/91 Beach Club, 7/92 Pt. Orleans, 10/94 Polynesian, 10/96 Caribbean Beach, 6/00 Wilderness Lodge, 6/02 Portofino/Polynesian, 12/09 Wilderness Lodge, 8/14 Portofino/Villas at Wilderness Lodge

Old 10-27-2013, 10:19 AM   #3221
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Also, I keep doing OCI, but it never "sticks." It doesn't recognize that I've done it when I go back to my reservations it thinks I need to do it. This has never happened before. And, on RO reservation 3/3, which is for 12/25 - 30, the OCI system has defaulted to a 4th floor request. I didn't request a 4th floor and have no idea why I can't un-click the selection. Strange.
I had a similar problem with not being able to unselect a room preference. Now I have the 2nd, 4th and 5th floors all marked.

Quote:
They were at 100% occ. last week so we really need to start keeping WL under the radar
I may have advised someone to keep their reservation at the Poly.

Last edited by Wood Nymph; 10-27-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Old 10-27-2013, 10:20 AM   #3222
bluecastle
Mouseketeer

Sorry! That was supposed to be a post to the thread, not an email! I guess I really did forget how to post!
bluecastle
'81 offsite, 4/90 Polynesian, 8/91 Beach Club, 7/92 Pt. Orleans, 10/94 Polynesian, 10/96 Caribbean Beach, 6/00 Wilderness Lodge, 6/02 Portofino/Polynesian, 12/09 Wilderness Lodge, 8/14 Portofino/Villas at Wilderness Lodge

Old 10-27-2013, 10:29 AM   #3223
bluecastle
Mouseketeer

Sorry for the duplication. When I didn't see it post right away I thought it was sent as an email.

Old 10-27-2013, 01:28 PM   #3224
danceteachermom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecastle View Post
It has been so long since I have posted, I couldn't even remember how to post on my iPad! I am going to try to visit more often, now that my desire to fill any free time with Disney dreaming/ planning has returned. We are still on course for a mid-August trip. I know that is a horrible time weather-wise, but it is the only time without conflicts for everyone in our party. Now that my daughter is an employee of the same school district as I am ( so proud of her!) we have the same schedule.
So, basically I stopped by to say hello and also to ask if anyone has been to the villas lately and if they are in good shape. Still have my eye on a cash res for a 2BR. I was a little tempted by the GFV but they are just too fancy and expensive for us! I will have to see what is available when I call. VWL is still my first choice.
Time to figure out where I left off and try to catch up!
Tentative dates: Aug, 11-19 with a day and a half up front at Universal.
We stayed at the VWL in a one bedroom in April 2013 and felt it was in great shape. We booked again for spring break in April of 2014 and can't wait. We did a cash reservation but lucked out with a great discount. I could have saved a little by renting points but I like housekeeping, trash removal, extra pillows, extra towels....

I too was tempted by GFV. The thought of being in the monorail line and in a new villa was nice. But the comfort of WL won out for us. My kids really wanted to be back at the lodge. They like staying at the same place. It used to be CSR for us but then we tried VWL.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:45 PM   #3225
ElenaJane
DIS Veteran

Just got back from WL yesterday after a 3 night stay. Not too crowded. Had an amazing time. Spent 3 days prior to WL at Poly, and compared to Poly it was so serene! Not as convenient to not have the monorail, but sure does cut down on crowds and pool hoppers!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: