Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #3151
mommy2twingles
Mouseketeer

Magic bands arrived today. Only 2 more Mondays that I have to go to work before vacation!!!!

Old 10-21-2013, 08:44 PM   #3152
JulieT3
Earning My Ears

I honestly don't know why the resort is so full. The concierge said that WL seems to be having a "surge in popularity"...I guess I'd better stop recommending it to everyone I meet . She mentioned that they were slammed at the front desk yesterday because they had 300 families check out and 300 families check in. I will say that we are here because my daughter has a fall break, so I'm sure a lot of other school do, too.
Also, I am so grateful to have a magic band and the ability to book fast passes. We were the second family in line at our turnstile at Epcot today and we headed straight to Soarin' - we must've been among the first 30 people there. Within the 2 minutes that I stood there and watched, the fast passes were already distributed out past 5:00. Similar situation with toy story on saturday. I feel really, really sorry for the people who are getting to these rides early and don't even have a chance with the regular fast passes. I guess the advice that I would pass on to anyone coming is to make those fast pass reservations because the old system might not be that reliable.
Celebrating my son's 3rd birthday tomorrow and heading to MNSSHP tomorrow night! The weather has been great so far, and I'm hoping it holds out for tomorrow!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2013, 09:44 PM   #3153
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
...I did online check in and requested woods view for our studio. I think most of them are..but hey, better than a parking lot if I can avoid it....
You'll never get a parking lot view at VWL. It can't be seen from the villas. You'll get woods view, woods view, woods view or pool view. And maybe the dumpster view or the studio with no balcony (there is one).

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:03 PM   #3154
mrsp1030
DIS Veteran

I wonder if the surge in popularity is related to all the Poly switching due to construction.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:39 PM   #3155
Holly Quinlan
This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsp1030 View Post
I wonder if the surge in popularity is related to all the Poly switching due to construction.
Good point! We are in the group that switched.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 10-22-2013, 07:20 AM   #3156
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Yay!!!! 10 days till I check in and I am paid in full!!! Nice to be able to check in and not have to pay anything!
Old 10-22-2013, 12:11 PM   #3157
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
I know how much you love WL CL, so that sounds like a great plan. And it will be Flower and Garden time, too. And the weather will be better than August.
False alarm....back to GF in August...I love being a military wife...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 10-22-2013, 12:42 PM   #3158
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
False alarm....back to GF in August...I love being a military wife...

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 10-23-2013, 07:25 AM   #3159
DisneyDmbNut

WL Vet

Good Morning Lodgers!!! I am doing my single digit dance!!! 9 days!
Old 10-23-2013, 07:46 AM   #3160
DWillowBay
DIS Veteran

7 DAYS!!! At this point next week, I'll be getting on ME and making my way to WL! .... WooHoo!

ASMo -1999, POP -2006, DLR - 2007, ASMo -2008, ASMu -2009, BCV - 2010, CSR - 2011, POFQ - 2012, BC - 2012, WL / CR - 2013 POR - 2014, POP! - 2014 POFQ - 2014 SO Blessed !
Old 10-23-2013, 07:50 AM   #3161
DisneyDmbNut

WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWillowBay View Post
7 DAYS!!! At this point next week, I'll be getting on ME and making my way to WL! .... WooHoo!
Let's dance together!!!
Old 10-23-2013, 08:12 AM   #3162
madgali2000
Earning My Ears

In less than 1 week !!!! If only time would fly!!!
Old 10-23-2013, 01:31 PM   #3163
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieT3 View Post
Posting live from WL! The hotel is at 100% capacity right now, but it doesn't feel too bad. The only things that I've noticed are the pool being pretty crowded in the afternoons and the massive boat lines. One night we had to wait for 3 boats before we could board one to the Contemporary for our Chef Mickeys reservation (i felt particularly bad for the people in the MK line, though). I don't think we have ever taken the bus to MK in our past trips, but we sure have this trip! Other than that, it is not too bad. Mousekeeping has been great so far - we've had some sort of towel creation each day, and our mousekeeper always arranges my daughter's stuffed animals in the cutest ways. Let me know if anyone has any questions!
Thank you for posting LIVE! Very interesting about the 100% capacity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
We received a pin code in the mail today, so we just booked Wilderness Lodge for five days, 8/23 to 8/28! This will be our first visit to Wilderness Lodge. We've stayed at all the mods, except CSR. We've also stayed at Poly, Beach Club and Animal Kingdom Lodge. We booked a bunk bed woods view room...meaning I won't have to share with DD and DH won't have to share with DS....both kickers!

We are taking a 7 day DCL cruise prior to our Wilderness stay from 8/16 to 8/23. This will be our longest Disney vacation to date.
Welcome and Happy First Visit! You're going to love WL...I'll add you to the Lodgers' Log.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
It's starting to feel so close!!
My tickets arrived today so I was finally able to add them to MDE and make all of our fastpass+ selections.

I am just bursting with excitement. I am currently working on a grocery list for breakfast and snack items for the studio. We've always had the DDP before, but this time we are paying OOP so I am trying to plan some more filling breakfasts.
I did online check in and requested woods view for our studio. I think most of them are..but hey, better than a parking lot if I can avoid it.
I can barely stand the anticipation. We've only ever visited the lodge twice. Once about 4 years ago for a dinner at WCC and once in the summer of 2012 for lunch at Roaring Forks.
I can't tell you how many times I have looked at pictures of it all decorated for Christmas and though "if only..."
And now it's coming true in 53 days!!!!
Your trip is becoming more and more real everyday - happy planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2twingles View Post
Magic bands arrived today. Only 2 more Mondays that I have to go to work before vacation!!!!
You can do it! You should wear your MB to work to get you in the mood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieT3 View Post
I honestly don't know why the resort is so full. The concierge said that WL seems to be having a "surge in popularity"...I guess I'd better stop recommending it to everyone I meet . She mentioned that they were slammed at the front desk yesterday because they had 300 families check out and 300 families check in. I will say that we are here because my daughter has a fall break, so I'm sure a lot of other school do, too.
Also, I am so grateful to have a magic band and the ability to book fast passes. We were the second family in line at our turnstile at Epcot today and we headed straight to Soarin' - we must've been among the first 30 people there. Within the 2 minutes that I stood there and watched, the fast passes were already distributed out past 5:00. Similar situation with toy story on saturday. I feel really, really sorry for the people who are getting to these rides early and don't even have a chance with the regular fast passes. I guess the advice that I would pass on to anyone coming is to make those fast pass reservations because the old system might not be that reliable.
Celebrating my son's 3rd birthday tomorrow and heading to MNSSHP tomorrow night! The weather has been great so far, and I'm hoping it holds out for tomorrow!
to DS!

We all need to start telling people to go to the Poly. I think they'll appreciate it, too since they're losing guests because of the construction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgali2000 View Post
In less than 1 week !!!! If only time would fly!!!
Unfortunately, time flies while you're on vacation
Old 10-23-2013, 02:05 PM   #3164
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Welcome and Happy First Visit! You're going to love WL...I'll add you to the Lodgers' Log.
Thank you! Wonderful thread, by the way. I've learned a ton just by reading the first few pages.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:52 PM   #3165
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Thank you! Wonderful thread, by the way. I've learned a ton just by reading the first few pages.
Thank you for the kind comment. If you have any questions, everyone is very friendly in these parts, so ask away.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: