Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 02:16 PM   #3121
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondakg View Post
I just put my days in to see what is available and it states it is booked... I was just curious what the crowd levels are like the first week of December....
Thanks....
Crowd info can be found on the theme park boards as well as the very popular easyWDW where there is listed a day by day crowd level guide for every day of the year!

Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Last edited by CuteAsMinnie; 10-20-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 02:36 PM   #3122
Belle83
DIS Veteran

We booked AKL for our honeymoon and just decided to switch to WL! DH wants to have the boat access to MK and I think likes the theme of WL more. I want the newly-refurbished rooms

Yay!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2013, 07:02 PM   #3123
GatorEye
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

No need to fear a run on cobbler, the KOOK Family is not booked CL for Christmas. You're going to have to make-up for that by eating seconds. Most of our stay, during the discount black-out period, is booked with a SoG overflow rate (20% off), but the SoG rate doesn't allow any CL bookings

All the wonderful OFC staff from your last visit in December '12 should still be there. But, keep in mind that during Christmas, many of the regular CMs and managers may not be there if they're off for the holiday (or if they're hiding from you).
Sorry to hear you won't be there. We'll be there the week after Thanksgiving. I promise to have some extra cobbler in your honor (as if I needed the excuse).
Old 10-20-2013, 07:09 PM   #3124
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Quote:
I just put my days in to see what is available and it states it is booked... I was just curious what the crowd levels are like the first week of December....
Thanks....
Pop warner is there that week.. I know they typically stay at Pop, but some were at AKL last year the first week
Old 10-20-2013, 07:41 PM   #3125
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
Pop warner is there that week.. I know they typically stay at Pop, but some were at AKL last year the first week
Actually, Pop Warner is there the 2nd week because Thanksgiving is late this year. The 7th-14 is when they are there.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:07 PM   #3126
rhondakg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Actually, Pop Warner is there the 2nd week because Thanksgiving is late this year. The 7th-14 is when they are there.
That's my week....I actually was going to stay at AOA, but w/Pop being here this week and considering this is my first trip to wdw...more I researched and when discounts came out - I was so blessed that I got to change to my woods view bunk bed room here at the lodge.
SO - back to my original question - does anyone know how the crowd levels might be at the parks this week??? I have seen the charts of the crowd levels which is why I choose this week....I was just looking for someone's personal experience...

Thanks soo much....
Old 10-20-2013, 08:12 PM   #3127
rhondakg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Crowd info can be found on the theme park boards as well as the very popular easyWDW where there is listed a day by day crowd level guide for every day of the year!

I have seen the charts of the crowd levels which is why I choose this week....I was just looking for someone's personal experience...thanks for the advice....POP is this week too....so I didn't know if that would have an impact on the parks.. Thanks.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:13 PM   #3128
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
SO - back to my original question - does anyone know how the crowd levels might be at the parks this week??? I have seen the charts of the crowd levels which is why I choose this week....I was just looking for someone's personal experience...

Thanks soo much....
Multiple crowd calendars have that whole week between 3 and 4. Should be a nice week for you!
Old 10-20-2013, 08:16 PM   #3129
rhondakg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Multiple crowd calendars have that whole week between 3 and 4. Should be a nice week for you!
Thanks - dansdad .... much appreciated!!!
Old 10-20-2013, 08:45 PM   #3130
nyrebecca
DIS Veteran

Been super busy with life and just found myself back on page 171 and having to catch up. Wow you have all been busy!! Super excited that our trip is fast approaching. Super duper excited that our magic bands will be here in the morning!

We did change at one point to a club level room but have changed to a studio in the villas. This should be a good move for us. My son likes to sleep on an aero bed on vacation so we will all still have our own beds. Of course the money savings helps as well!

Old 10-21-2013, 05:35 AM   #3131
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post

Great resources - thanks for posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle83 View Post
We booked AKL for our honeymoon and just decided to switch to WL! DH wants to have the boat access to MK and I think likes the theme of WL more. I want the newly-refurbished rooms

Yay!
Congratulations and welcome to the thread!

The WL/FW area will be perfect for your Disneymoon. I think a carriage ride at FW would be lovely, dinner at AP and some fun over at HDDR would also be memorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorEye View Post
Sorry to hear you won't be there. We'll be there the week after Thanksgiving. I promise to have some extra cobbler in your honor (as if I needed the excuse).
Our trips don't overlap, but I'm glad you've agreed to seconds on cobbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
I've never heard of PW staying at WL. I don't think you have to worry about that.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrebecca View Post
Been super busy with life and just found myself back on page 171 and having to catch up. Wow you have all been busy!! Super excited that our trip is fast approaching. Super duper excited that our magic bands will be here in the morning!

We did change at one point to a club level room but have changed to a studio in the villas. This should be a good move for us. My son likes to sleep on an aero bed on vacation so we will all still have our own beds. Of course the money savings helps as well!
Welcome back home and when those MBs arrive, your trip will seem very real. I know your son loves the Aero and now he can sleep in the kitchen. Every teenage boy's dream...
Old 10-21-2013, 06:50 AM   #3132
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Oh! Pop is late this year... Hmm, I wanted to go that first weekend of December too..

Pop didn't impact the week we were there. I saw some at night but I think they were kept busy most days. Not nearly as bad as I expected. I think the only reason we saw some at AKL was it was families that stayed there on their own. It wasn't the norm.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:33 AM   #3133
4disneygenerations
Mouseketeer

Question

Question? I thought only the main pools at each resort will have fencing and the quiet pools will be left open? Are they fencing in both WL main and quiet pool?
Thank you for the info.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:50 AM   #3134
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4disneygenerations View Post
Question? I thought only the main pools at each resort will have fencing and the quiet pools will be left open? Are they fencing in both WL main and quiet pool?
Thank you for the info.
It is a little unclear from this news article exactly what Disney plans to do with the quiet pools:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busin...,2545736.story

Quote:
from the Orlando Sentinel article:

Disney says it plans to install fences around any of its largest and most popular "feature" pools that aren't already gated, allowing the resort to lock them at night. The fences will be installed over the coming months, as hotels roll through their regular renovation cycles.

Disney also plans to impose more standardized hours across its largest pools, which will open at either 7 a.m. or 9 a.m. and close at 11 p.m. Only the smaller and unguarded "quiet" pools at some hotels will remain accessible at all hours.

Disney has about two dozen hotels and time-share resorts across its sprawling property.

"These changes make it easier for guests to understand when our pools are open and when a lifeguard is present," Disney World spokeswoman Bernadette Davis.
I think that there is a good chance that most of the quiet pools will eventually be fenced in, too.

According to this announcement, the Hidden Springs pool will be closed until Nov 15th:

http://media.disneywebcontent.com/St...rbishments.pdf

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973

Last edited by Wood Nymph; 10-21-2013 at 07:55 AM.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:04 AM   #3135
EmmaMagsMom
Mouseketeer

9 more days until we are back!!!! So excited!!!!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: