Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-20-2013, 02:16 PM   #3121
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran
 
CuteAsMinnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,719

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondakg View Post
I just put my days in to see what is available and it states it is booked... I was just curious what the crowd levels are like the first week of December....
Thanks....
Crowd info can be found on the theme park boards as well as the very popular easyWDW where there is listed a day by day crowd level guide for every day of the year!

__________________
CBR - 1989 (first trip)
CBR - 1995
Wilderness Lodge - 1998, 2001, 2005, 2007
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...


Last edited by CuteAsMinnie; 10-20-2013 at 02:27 PM.
CuteAsMinnie is offline  
Old 10-20-2013, 02:36 PM   #3122
Belle83
DIS Veteran
 
Belle83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,182

We booked AKL for our honeymoon and just decided to switch to WL! DH wants to have the boat access to MK and I think likes the theme of WL more. I want the newly-refurbished rooms

Yay!
__________________
Disneyland: 1991, 1995, 1999, 2003, 2013
Disney Cruise: 2000 (Magic), 2014 (Dream)
WDW: 1998 Caribbean Beach, 2000 Port Orleans French Quarter, 2004 Caribbean Beach, 2011 Dolphin, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2013 Coronado Springs, 2014 Caribbean Beach & Animal Kingdom Lodge
Belle83 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-20-2013, 07:02 PM   #3123
GatorEye
Mouseketeer
 
GatorEye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 142

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

No need to fear a run on cobbler, the KOOK Family is not booked CL for Christmas. You're going to have to make-up for that by eating seconds. Most of our stay, during the discount black-out period, is booked with a SoG overflow rate (20% off), but the SoG rate doesn't allow any CL bookings

All the wonderful OFC staff from your last visit in December '12 should still be there. But, keep in mind that during Christmas, many of the regular CMs and managers may not be there if they're off for the holiday (or if they're hiding from you).
Sorry to hear you won't be there. We'll be there the week after Thanksgiving. I promise to have some extra cobbler in your honor (as if I needed the excuse).
__________________
Wilderness Lodge and Wilderness Lodge CL: A Lot!
GatorEye is offline  
Old 10-20-2013, 07:09 PM   #3124
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet
 
DisneyDmbNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Two Hours South of the World
Posts: 13,028

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondakg View Post
I just put my days in to see what is available and it states it is booked... I was just curious what the crowd levels are like the first week of December....
Thanks....
Pop warner is there that week.. I know they typically stay at Pop, but some were at AKL last year the first week
DisneyDmbNut is offline  
Old 10-20-2013, 07:41 PM   #3125
dansdad
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 1,209 miles from CBR.
Posts: 6,269

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
Pop warner is there that week.. I know they typically stay at Pop, but some were at AKL last year the first week
Actually, Pop Warner is there the 2nd week because Thanksgiving is late this year. The 7th-14 is when they are there.
__________________
ME DW DS12
dansdad is offline  
Old 10-20-2013, 08:07 PM   #3126
rhondakg
Mouseketeer
 
rhondakg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 215

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Actually, Pop Warner is there the 2nd week because Thanksgiving is late this year. The 7th-14 is when they are there.
That's my week....I actually was going to stay at AOA, but w/Pop being here this week and considering this is my first trip to wdw...more I researched and when discounts came out - I was so blessed that I got to change to my woods view bunk bed room here at the lodge.
SO - back to my original question - does anyone know how the crowd levels might be at the parks this week??? I have seen the charts of the crowd levels which is why I choose this week....I was just looking for someone's personal experience...

Thanks soo much....
__________________
rhondakg is offline  
Old 10-20-2013, 08:12 PM   #3127
rhondakg
Mouseketeer
 
rhondakg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 215

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Crowd info can be found on the theme park boards as well as the very popular easyWDW where there is listed a day by day crowd level guide for every day of the year!

I have seen the charts of the crowd levels which is why I choose this week....I was just looking for someone's personal experience...thanks for the advice....POP is this week too....so I didn't know if that would have an impact on the parks.. Thanks.
__________________
rhondakg is offline  
Old 10-20-2013, 08:13 PM   #3128
dansdad
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 1,209 miles from CBR.
Posts: 6,269

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondakg View Post
SO - back to my original question - does anyone know how the crowd levels might be at the parks this week??? I have seen the charts of the crowd levels which is why I choose this week....I was just looking for someone's personal experience...

Thanks soo much....
Multiple crowd calendars have that whole week between 3 and 4. Should be a nice week for you!
__________________
ME DW DS12
dansdad is offline  
Old 10-20-2013, 08:16 PM   #3129
rhondakg
Mouseketeer
 
rhondakg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 215

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Multiple crowd calendars have that whole week between 3 and 4. Should be a nice week for you!
Thanks - dansdad .... much appreciated!!!
__________________
rhondakg is offline  
Old 10-20-2013, 08:45 PM   #3130
nyrebecca
DIS Veteran
 
nyrebecca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hurley, NY
Posts: 745

Been super busy with life and just found myself back on page 171 and having to catch up. Wow you have all been busy!! Super excited that our trip is fast approaching. Super duper excited that our magic bands will be here in the morning!

We did change at one point to a club level room but have changed to a studio in the villas. This should be a good move for us. My son likes to sleep on an aero bed on vacation so we will all still have our own beds. Of course the money savings helps as well!
__________________
Me and DS 16 and my Mom


nyrebecca is offline  
Old 10-21-2013, 05:35 AM   #3131
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,186

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Crowd info can be found on the theme park boards as well as the very popular easyWDW where there is listed a day by day crowd level guide for every day of the year!

Great resources - thanks for posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle83 View Post
We booked AKL for our honeymoon and just decided to switch to WL! DH wants to have the boat access to MK and I think likes the theme of WL more. I want the newly-refurbished rooms

Yay!
Congratulations and welcome to the thread!

The WL/FW area will be perfect for your Disneymoon. I think a carriage ride at FW would be lovely, dinner at AP and some fun over at HDDR would also be memorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorEye View Post
Sorry to hear you won't be there. We'll be there the week after Thanksgiving. I promise to have some extra cobbler in your honor (as if I needed the excuse).
Our trips don't overlap, but I'm glad you've agreed to seconds on cobbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
Pop warner is there that week.. I know they typically stay at Pop, but some were at AKL last year the first week
I've never heard of PW staying at WL. I don't think you have to worry about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Actually, Pop Warner is there the 2nd week because Thanksgiving is late this year. The 7th-14 is when they are there.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Multiple crowd calendars have that whole week between 3 and 4. Should be a nice week for you!


Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrebecca View Post
Been super busy with life and just found myself back on page 171 and having to catch up. Wow you have all been busy!! Super excited that our trip is fast approaching. Super duper excited that our magic bands will be here in the morning!

We did change at one point to a club level room but have changed to a studio in the villas. This should be a good move for us. My son likes to sleep on an aero bed on vacation so we will all still have our own beds. Of course the money savings helps as well!
Welcome back home and when those MBs arrive, your trip will seem very real. I know your son loves the Aero and now he can sleep in the kitchen. Every teenage boy's dream...
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 10-21-2013, 06:50 AM   #3132
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet
 
DisneyDmbNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Two Hours South of the World
Posts: 13,028

Oh! Pop is late this year... Hmm, I wanted to go that first weekend of December too..

Pop didn't impact the week we were there. I saw some at night but I think they were kept busy most days. Not nearly as bad as I expected. I think the only reason we saw some at AKL was it was families that stayed there on their own. It wasn't the norm.
DisneyDmbNut is offline  
Old 10-21-2013, 07:33 AM   #3133
4disneygenerations
Mouseketeer
 
4disneygenerations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: LI,NY
Posts: 232

Question

Question? I thought only the main pools at each resort will have fencing and the quiet pools will be left open? Are they fencing in both WL main and quiet pool?
Thank you for the info.
__________________
4disneygenerations is offline  
Old 10-21-2013, 07:50 AM   #3134
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran
 
Wood Nymph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 5,038

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4disneygenerations View Post
Question? I thought only the main pools at each resort will have fencing and the quiet pools will be left open? Are they fencing in both WL main and quiet pool?
Thank you for the info.
It is a little unclear from this news article exactly what Disney plans to do with the quiet pools:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busin...,2545736.story

Quote:
from the Orlando Sentinel article:

Disney says it plans to install fences around any of its largest and most popular "feature" pools that aren't already gated, allowing the resort to lock them at night. The fences will be installed over the coming months, as hotels roll through their regular renovation cycles.

Disney also plans to impose more standardized hours across its largest pools, which will open at either 7 a.m. or 9 a.m. and close at 11 p.m. Only the smaller and unguarded "quiet" pools at some hotels will remain accessible at all hours.


Disney has about two dozen hotels and time-share resorts across its sprawling property.

"These changes make it easier for guests to understand when our pools are open and when a lifeguard is present," Disney World spokeswoman Bernadette Davis.
I think that there is a good chance that most of the quiet pools will eventually be fenced in, too.

According to this announcement, the Hidden Springs pool will be closed until Nov 15th:

http://media.disneywebcontent.com/St...rbishments.pdf
__________________
~ Sue



Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973

Last edited by Wood Nymph; 10-21-2013 at 07:55 AM.
Wood Nymph is offline  
Old 10-21-2013, 08:04 AM   #3135
EmmaMagsMom
Mouseketeer
 
EmmaMagsMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Scituate,MA
Posts: 85

9 more days until we are back!!!! So excited!!!!!
EmmaMagsMom is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: