Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 11:41 PM   #3106
Daycogs
Earning My Ears

Location: NJ but born and bred in NYC....still teach there, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by APiratesLifeForMe2 View Post
I am at day 60 and I am able to make my fast pass plus reservations!!!! Still not able to do anything with magic bands but hopefully soon. Edited to add that once I checked in my magic bands were available for personalization!!
What date is your check-in? We check in Dec. 22nd. I've been checking to see if we can go any of that but nothing pops up...yet!!
Old 10-19-2013, 02:05 AM   #3107
SenorGreg
Earning My Ears

WL Lobby Opening Rooms Availability - Woods View

Hi all,
Hoping you can provide some experienced advice. We are coming to WL this December and have booked a Woods View room. I think we would like to be in a room that opens to the lobby. What are our chances of getting 2x lobby opening Woods View rooms? Is that a popular request?

Thanks,
Greg
  • Disneyland - Grand Californian - February 2011
  • Aulani - 2012, 2013
  • WDW - Wilderness Lodge - December 2013
  • Disneyland Paris - September 2014
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2013, 08:41 AM   #3108
DizneyNutz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondakg View Post
Thanks....I was wondering if this is a must fp ride for us....I don't want to be wet all day
You can definitely count on getting your seat wet and sometimes your head and shoulders as well. I would recommend getting some of the disposable rain ponchos. This is what we do when we want to ride this ride in cooler temperatures. You stay dry but still get to experience the ride. The entrance and exit are in very close proximity so you can stand there a few minutes and get an idea of how wet everyone is coming off the ride.

[Wrong is wrong even if everybody is doing it, and right is right even if nobody is doing it."
-St. Augustine]
Old 10-19-2013, 11:29 AM   #3109
rhondakg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizneyNutz View Post
You can definitely count on getting your seat wet and sometimes your head and shoulders as well. I would recommend getting some of the disposable rain ponchos. This is what we do when we want to ride this ride in cooler temperatures. You stay dry but still get to experience the ride. The entrance and exit are in very close proximity so you can stand there a few minutes and get an idea of how wet everyone is coming off the ride.
Thanks a million....I took it off of my fp - I already have some ponchos...so we will see how long the wait is as to if we will ride it or not...
Old 10-19-2013, 03:28 PM   #3110
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGreg View Post
Hi all, Hoping you can provide some experienced advice. We are coming to WL this December and have booked a Woods View room. I think we would like to be in a room that opens to the lobby. What are our chances of getting 2x lobby opening Woods View rooms? Is that a popular request? Thanks, Greg
It is definitely possible, and that is what we ended up being upgraded to when we had two standard view rooms booked and requested connecting rooms. From the room map, you can see that relatively few rooms open to the lobby, but the majority of these are woods view. These are in the North wing on floors 4-6 and the South wing in floors 5-6. We have been in the South wing above the registration desk the last two Septembers and love that location.

As for its popularity, opinions are split because some people prefer to avoid the noise from WCC in the lobby, and some are even concerned about a fear if heights walking in the open hallway. If you like the view, we say go for it and there is a good possibility they will accommodate you. Enjoy!
Old 10-19-2013, 07:08 PM   #3111
GatorEye
Mouseketeer

Heading back home in just over a month so I thought I'd check back in and see what's going on at the WL. Haven't been on the boards since our trip last Dec. and was wondering if there is anything I should know about. I saw mention of the refrigerator mess, but other than that anything else?

Can't wait to get back. A little concerned because we are going a week earlier than we normally do so I'm hoping the crowds will have thinned out after Thanksgiving. I'm going to start playing the WL Christmas loop next week to get me in the mood.

I'm also thankful I'll be there before Kook's husband clears out the cobbler. I'll be doing some damage myself.

Are there any specific CL cast members that have been particularly good this time around?
Old 10-19-2013, 07:21 PM   #3112
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

The only change that I know of at the WL, besides the successful replacement of any defective refrigerators, would be the major changes that are occurring for all resorts and resort guests. Disney has introduced new refillable mugs with RFID chips that work with beverage dispensers to limit the length of time you can use the mugs. They also have something called MyMagic+ which includes MagicBands and a FastPass+ reservation system. Guests with December check in dates are able to become part of this program.

Let me know if you need more information about this new program and I'll be happen to provide some information on it.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 10-19-2013, 08:39 PM   #3113
DPCummerbund
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorEye View Post
Heading back home in just over a month so I thought I'd check back in and see what's going on at the WL. Haven't been on the boards since our trip last Dec. and was wondering if there is anything I should know about. I saw mention of the refrigerator mess, but other than that anything else?
The Hidden Springs Pool (the quiet pool close to the Villas) will be closed until about that time (it's scheduled to closed until 11/15). They're fencing it in. No word yet on when the main Silver Creek Pool will close for its fencing, so hopefully you'll be okay.

Last edited by DPCummerbund; 10-24-2013 at 03:44 AM.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:53 AM   #3114
GatorEye
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
The only change that I know of at the WL, besides the successful replacement of any defective refrigerators, would be the major changes that are occurring for all resorts and resort guests. Disney has introduced new refillable mugs with RFID chips that work with beverage dispensers to limit the length of time you can use the mugs. They also have something called MyMagic+ which includes MagicBands and a FastPass+ reservation system. Guests with December check in dates are able to become part of this program.
Yeah I customized my Magic Bands and need to do my FastPass+ reservations. I didn't know about the mugs. We don't really like the look of the new ones anyway. Since we'll be on the CL we use our old school WL mugs for drinks thankfully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPCummerbund View Post
The Hidden Springs Pool (the quiet pool close to the Villas) will be closed until about that time (it's scheduled to closed until 11/15). They're fencing it in. No word yet on when the main Silver Springs Pool will close for its fencing, so hopefully you'll be okay.
Even though it's December, we definitely use the main Silver Springs Pool so hopefully it won't be closed. Will be interesting to see how they fence it in without messing up the look of it.

Thanks to both of you for the updates!
Old 10-20-2013, 10:01 AM   #3115
rhondakg
Mouseketeer

Good Mornin - Folks I have not seen a post to this so I'm going to try to get my answer here....
How are the crowd levels the first week of December for the parks??? It appears that the lodge is a full house and I choose this time due to it being a low crowd time?? Can anyone help me with this? We arrive 12/6 and leave 12/14. Thanks

Next question: I saw a previous post asking for this months wl activity guide .. where do you get these from? and how soon are they published - I would like to get one for my stay..... Thanks for your help...
Old 10-20-2013, 10:06 AM   #3116
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondakg View Post
Good Mornin - Folks I have not seen a post to this so I'm going to try to get my answer here....
How are the crowd levels the first week of December for the parks??? It appears that the lodge is a full house and I choose this time due to it being a low crowd time?? Can anyone help me with this? We arrive 12/6 and leave 12/14. Thanks

Next question: I saw a previous post asking for this months wl activity guide .. where do you get these from? and how soon are they published - I would like to get one for my stay..... Thanks for your help...
The monthly WL Activity Calendar is always hyperlinked in Post #1.

I'm surprised that WL would be fully booked. Is it only fully booked using a specific code or did you look online without a code, too? Sometimes only one day, like a Saturday, is booked which makes booking an entire week difficult. For example, there could be a wedding taking place which has filled up rooms on Friday and Saturday, but the other days are available. You can go online and fiddle with the booking page and see what happens.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:21 AM   #3117
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum2four View Post
Just stopping by to finally do my double digit dance!!! 99 days to go until our first WL stay!!

We're booked in a WV room and I keep going back and forth over whether to make any room requests. I think I might just leave it up to chance and be surprised!
The two common requests you could make would be North or South Wing. Most prefer the North Wing for a WV because those rooms look out toward CR, monorail, MK and the lower levels look out toward trees and the Otter Pond area. You could also request a high floor, which might enable you to see some of Wishes. The 5th floor is also a popular request because it's the highest floor that doesn't have any solid balcony railings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB1122 View Post
Great week of looking forward to WL

- paid in full
- Magic Bands can now be customized
- Toy Story of terror night was super fun
- Event for Dis Visa members at Disney Store tomorrow

YEAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daycogs View Post
What date is your check-in? We check in Dec. 22nd. I've been checking to see if we can go any of that but nothing pops up...yet!!
I believe you have to be within 60 days and Online Check-in eligible. Tomorrow might be your lucky day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorEye View Post

Can't wait to get back. A little concerned because we are going a week earlier than we normally do so I'm hoping the crowds will have thinned out after Thanksgiving. I'm going to start playing the WL Christmas loop next week to get me in the mood.

I'm also thankful I'll be there before Kook's husband clears out the cobbler. I'll be doing some damage myself.

Are there any specific CL cast members that have been particularly good this time around?

No need to fear a run on cobbler, the KOOK Family is not booked CL for Christmas. You're going to have to make-up for that by eating seconds. Most of our stay, during the discount black-out period, is booked with a SoG overflow rate (20% off), but the SoG rate doesn't allow any CL bookings

All the wonderful OFC staff from your last visit in December '12 should still be there. But, keep in mind that during Christmas, many of the regular CMs and managers may not be there if they're off for the holiday (or if they're hiding from you).
Old 10-20-2013, 01:23 PM   #3118
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

12 days!!! I am getting way excited for this trip!
Old 10-20-2013, 01:50 PM   #3119
LumosQ102
How many days left on the countdown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
12 days!!! I am getting way excited for this trip!
7 days for me

Just finished packing... seems like only yesterday I had 100 days left on the countdown, now in a week and a few hours I will be seeing this:-

It can't come soon enough

Old 10-20-2013, 01:54 PM   #3120
rhondakg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
The monthly WL Activity Calendar is always hyperlinked in Post #1.

I'm surprised that WL would be fully booked. Is it only fully booked using a specific code or did you look online without a code, too? Sometimes only one day, like a Saturday, is booked which makes booking an entire week difficult. For example, there could be a wedding taking place which has filled up rooms on Friday and Saturday, but the other days are available. You can go online and fiddle with the booking page and see what happens.
I just put my days in to see what is available and it states it is booked... I was just curious what the crowd levels are like the first week of December....
Thanks....

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: