Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 06:06 AM   #3091
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimndgal1 View Post
Many thanks!!!

One more ?
If you are on the North side of the resort, can you cut across the courtyard area to get to the bus stop, or are you forced to walk the horseshoe? From the aerial view maps, it looks like there are paths, but I was wondering if it actually lets you walk across and through?

TIA!
You can cut across (as of now..they are suppose to fence in pool)
I have stayed in a room across from roaring forks and cut across. There is a door that goes into a hallway that pops out right at the doorway to buses.

In other news!!! 2 weeks from today...I will be on my way!!!!!!
Old 10-18-2013, 11:33 AM   #3092
rhondakg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
I'm glad that your wait is finally over! What color band did you get? I've already changed my color from blue to pink.

We only have 44 days to go. I made some changes to my arrival day plans and really like our more laid back agenda. I think I made a lot of plans based on the idea that it is easier to cancel an ADR than to add on. So I cancelled a couple of them and now our trip is less scheduled than before, which is what my DH wanted in the first place. I just haven't told him about all the fp+'s I made.
I got Pink, my DH got Blue and my little guy choose yellow he actually wanted blue - but I asked him to choose a different color so we could all be different...it took some talking but I finally got him to do it Do you know when we will get them? Thanks for the reply - this is soooo exciting

I haven't shared all of my fp either.... random question here: DO YOU KNOW IF YOU GET REALLY WET ON SPLASH MOUNTAIN???
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2013, 11:47 AM   #3093
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondakg View Post
I got Pink, my DH got Blue and my little guy choose yellow he actually wanted blue - but I asked him to choose a different color so we could all be different...it took some talking but I finally got him to do it Do you know when we will get them? Thanks for the reply - this is soooo exciting
They have been shipping the MB's after the 30 day mark. When you are no longer able to change your colors, or do other customizations, they would be shipped within a few days. I'll post when I get my bands and then your bands would follow soon after.

My DH took orange. I think it will be a perfect color for him, but it clashes horribly with my pink bands.

Quote:
I haven't shared all of my fp either.... random question here: DO YOU KNOW IF YOU GET REALLY WET ON SPLASH MOUNTAIN???
It depends where you sit. At the minimum the seat is usually wet when you get in the boat, so some people will wear ponchos on the ride.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 10-18-2013, 11:48 AM   #3094
sweetnjmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:

It depends.

Honest. I think it is all based on where you sit. You can get wet, to very wet to soaked. I think you always get a little wet, however.

Past trips off property: 4/80, 1/81, 6/94 and 5/09
Past trips on property: 8/90 GF, 10/96 CBR, 11/01 ASM, 5/02 POR, 5/06 CSR
Old 10-18-2013, 12:04 PM   #3095
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Just stopping by for a quick hello to kook and all the other lodge folks!
Old 10-18-2013, 01:24 PM   #3096
rhondakg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
They have been shipping the MB's after the 30 day mark. When you are no longer able to change your colors, or do other customizations, they would be shipped within a few days. I'll post when I get my bands and then your bands would follow soon after.

My DH took orange. I think it will be a perfect color for him, but it clashes horribly with my pink bands.

It depends where you sit. At the minimum the seat is usually wet when you get in the boat, so some people will wear ponchos on the ride.
Thanks....I was wondering if this is a must fp ride for us....I don't want to be wet all day
Old 10-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #3097
rhondakg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnjmom View Post
It depends.

Honest. I think it is all based on where you sit. You can get wet, to very wet to soaked. I think you always get a little wet, however.
this is our first visit....where do you sit if you don't want to get that wet?? Do I really want this as a fp??? help I don't want to be we all day but HEY I WILL BE IN THE WORLD who really cares, right?
Old 10-18-2013, 02:41 PM   #3098
sweetnjmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
this is our first visit....where do you sit if you don't want to get that wet?? Do I really want this as a fp??? help I don't want to be we all day but HEY I WILL BE IN THE WORLD who really cares, right?
LOL! I totally understand!

I'm actually skipping Splash Mountain. While DS4 meets the height requirement, he has some sensory issues and wouldn't do well getting wet (he doesn't even like sprinklers... though is "ok" in the rain). So DH is going alone with a separate FP+ while DS and I use a FP+ for Winnie the Pooh (may switch to a character meet).

Past trips off property: 4/80, 1/81, 6/94 and 5/09
Past trips on property: 8/90 GF, 10/96 CBR, 11/01 ASM, 5/02 POR, 5/06 CSR
Old 10-18-2013, 03:08 PM   #3099
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
Great minds, Kook Almost simultaneous post, although you beat me to it as I looked up my pictures...
Yesterday was DD's 15th so I've been falling behind on the DIS. Thanks for always being ready and willing to help out on this thread. And a BIG thank-you to all the other helpful WL/VWL posters - you are all wonderful Lodgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey3684 View Post
Hello all! My family and I will be staying at WLV for the first time In Jan and we are so excited! But can anyone answer my question or point me in the right direction.... Do any of the studios have a view of Wishes? Or can someone recommend a studio with a good view?
Thanks!
This map by TheLodgeLady might help you. Many like the villas that front the woods and Bay Lake, though BL is obstructed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWillowBay View Post
So close and yet, so far! Just counting down the days now until our first WL stay! SO excited!! In my head, I'm already sitting on ME waiting to pull out of MCO! Unfortunately, we won't be doing that for the next 1 week and 6 days. (I hope there's a bathroom on board! )

That reminded me of the Seinfeld episode where George goes to the wedding in India and refuses to use the bathroom. Maybe you could just walk it off? Everything in life leads back to Seinfeld...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly Quinlan View Post
does anyone have the October activity schedule or a link to it? Almost single digits!!
Just so others know, the monthly activity calendar is hyperlinked in Post #1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post

- Head over to the Poly beach. Music is piped in over there but you have yo be in the right spot to hear it. I don't mind missing the music and the fireworks are extra enjoyable with a cocktail or Dole Whip from C Cooks (not to be confused with Kook )
Can the Dole Whip machine at CC confuse KOOK? It always confuses me that I have to pay for the cup FIRST. The Lapu Lapu never confuses me though.

Why do I have to see the cashier? The Dole Whip is right before me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I just discovered on another thread (like saying "on another network...") that you have been bedridden due to a back injury. I hope that the DIS and your ability to multi-task when it comes to trip planning helps in your recovery...get better soon, Linda
Old 10-18-2013, 04:51 PM   #3100
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

My only request is for all my Dis friends to just keep postin ... you are my only entertainment!
Old 10-18-2013, 05:08 PM   #3101
dimndgal1
One little spark...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
You can cut across (as of now..they are suppose to fence in pool)
I have stayed in a room across from roaring forks and cut across. There is a door that goes into a hallway that pops out right at the doorway to buses.

In other news!!! 2 weeks from today...I will be on my way!!!!!!
I am HOPING the Iron Curtain will not inhibit cutting across... that would be super stinky!!!

on your countdown!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
'88-1st WDW trip * '92, '95, '98-DW day trips * '03-DW Spring Break * '05-'06-AP WDW (honeymoon & more!) * '08-1st DL trip * '10-DL (Paradise Pier, Club 33) '11-Spontaneous DW (SoG) * Jun 2012 - Week in WDW (POR/YC!!!) * Sep 2014-MNSSHP/LO's First Trip! (WL) * Christmas '14-In-law-mageddon
(me) (DH) (DD-7) (DD-1) (Bailey) (Aristotle)
Old 10-18-2013, 06:51 PM   #3102
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimndgal1 View Post
I am HOPING the Iron Curtain will not inhibit cutting across... that would be super stinky!!!

on your countdown!!!

You can go under the falls and across the stream to the door.. Turn right and it puts you out at the sliding doors to buses!!
Old 10-18-2013, 06:55 PM   #3103
mum2four
DIS Veteran

Just stopping by to finally do my double digit dance!!! 99 days to go until our first WL stay!!

We're booked in a WV room and I keep going back and forth over whether to make any room requests. I think I might just leave it up to chance and be surprised!
Old 10-18-2013, 09:28 PM   #3104
LB1122
Life's full of tough choices...Disney is not one of them

Great week of looking forward to WL

- paid in full
- Magic Bands can now be customized
- Toy Story of terror night was super fun
- Event for Dis Visa members at Disney Store tomorrow

YEAH
Old 10-18-2013, 10:10 PM   #3105
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Can the Dole Whip machine at CC confuse KOOK? It always confuses me that I have to pay for the cup FIRST. The Lapu Lapu never confuses me though.

Why do I have to see the cashier? The Dole Whip is right before me

:

Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: