Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 01:28 PM   #2911
cgscott
Earning My Ears

Room request questions

Wow, I am so grateful for all of the wonderful information on this thread. I apologize in advance for the newbie questions, but with a 6 month old, I don't have the time to read through all of these pages - although I would like to!

We are planning our first Disney trip for March 2-7 and are staying at the WL. I am so excited and can't wait to surprise our boys at Xmas with the news. Our boys will be 8, 6, and almost 1yr when we arrive. We will probably only make one other trip down there when our youngest is older, so I want to make sure I do the best I can to plan this trip.

My questions are about room requests. My biggest priority as a light sleeper is a quiet room. I am not concerned with a view as I don't anticipate spending much time in our room, especially with this being a relatively short trip.
My second request would be the bunk beds for my older boys since I know they would love it. Although, the quiet room takes precedence b/c I know they will have a wonderful time bunk beds or not.
My parents are also going on this trip, so I have requested adjoining or connecting rooms.
Also, we booked standard rooms - one for our family of five and one for my parents.

With all that being said, what should I do to ensure a quiet room? Do I make a request now or wait until closer to our travel date or wait until we arrive? What is the best way to make a request? Call or email the WL directly? We didn't use a travel agent.

What are our chances of a quiet room if we booked a standard room? Also, what are our chances for bunk beds with a standard room? Do I need to upgrade?

Thanks so much for any info and sorry again if these questions are repetitive!
Old 10-07-2013, 01:31 PM   #2912
goofynut41
Disney Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
DH has been "un-furloughed" from the DoD so I feel like I can get back to planning our Christmas trip again.....DD's orders

Welcome to the DIS and the WL/VWL thread!

HERE on the first page is the early ADR bus information. The AK/AKL early ADR bus begins running between 0700 - 0715. Just tell tell the driver you are going to AKL.

Mine has NOT!!!!!!! Hope to hear some good news soon..... I'm getting really scared!!!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2013, 01:38 PM   #2913
goofynut41
Disney Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieRx85 View Post
I hope that someone has clarified this to you...I haven't read all of the responses yet but that was not true.

You absolutely CAN link your salute tickets now. I have done it and I have made all my FP+ reservations. I check in to WL on 11/9 for the Wine and Dine Half Marathon!! Can't wait!!
How do you do this? We don't buy our tickets till we get there at SOG...

Old 10-07-2013, 01:52 PM   #2914
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgscott View Post
Wow, I am so grateful for all of the wonderful information on this thread. I apologize in advance for the newbie questions, but with a 6 month old, I don't have the time to read through all of these pages - although I would like to!

We are planning our first Disney trip for March 2-7 and are staying at the WL. I am so excited and can't wait to surprise our boys at Xmas with the news. Our boys will be 8, 6, and almost 1yr when we arrive. We will probably only make one other trip down there when our youngest is older, so I want to make sure I do the best I can to plan this trip.

My questions are about room requests. My biggest priority as a light sleeper is a quiet room. I am not concerned with a view as I don't anticipate spending much time in our room, especially with this being a relatively short trip.
My second request would be the bunk beds for my older boys since I know they would love it. Although, the quiet room takes precedence b/c I know they will have a wonderful time bunk beds or not.
My parents are also going on this trip, so I have requested adjoining or connecting rooms.
Also, we booked standard rooms - one for our family of five and one for my parents.

With all that being said, what should I do to ensure a quiet room? Do I make a request now or wait until closer to our travel date or wait until we arrive? What is the best way to make a request? Call or email the WL directly? We didn't use a travel agent.

What are our chances of a quiet room if we booked a standard room? Also, what are our chances for bunk beds with a standard room? Do I need to upgrade?

Thanks so much for any info and sorry again if these questions are repetitive!
I believe that you have to book a bunk bed room in order to get bunk beds in a non club level room.

As far as room requests go, make sure that your rooms are linked with a gathering number. The best way to add a room request is to call reservations, hitting the prompts to modify a resort reservation, and tell them you want a quiet room and a connecting room. Do it at least a week ahead of time, but I would probably do it a lot earlier.

It might be possible to get bunk beds rooms as a free upgrade to a standard room if you list it as one of your room requests, but you can't count on it. The only way it would happen is if they had an available bunk bed room to give away.

As far as quiet areas go - standard view would probably be any room on the south side of the resort.

ETA: You could do what we did when traveling with our daughter, her DH and their kids last February. They booked a standard view, we booked a woods view, we had a gathering number, and we asked to be close together. Well, we got our woods view room that we paid for, and they got a free upgrade to woods view from standard view so our rooms would be close together.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 10-07-2013, 02:21 PM   #2915
mrsp1030
DIS Veteran

We did book a bunk bed room so is a year ahead too early to call with room request? It's our 10th anniversary trip with our kids along and just want it planned right
Old 10-07-2013, 03:21 PM   #2916
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsp1030 View Post
We did book a bunk bed room so is a year ahead too early to call with room request? It's our 10th anniversary trip with our kids along and just want it planned right
Nope, you're not too early to call in your room request.

Happy (early) 10th Anniversary!!!!
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 10-07-2013, 04:43 PM   #2917
rhondakg
Mouseketeer

Ok - so I had my TA do my online check in this a.m. - as I did not want to mess something up .....well she did my online check in on the Walt Disney Travel Company site . - NOT through my MDE (which she has my passcode to do this)account. I was hoping that once online check in was done my Magic bands would magically pop up...NOPE - not there. I do have an option to modify the check in - but when I go in there I can only get so far and it errors out on me ....is this normal??? I wanted to kick start something for my mb as others have done - but I'm unable to. Has anybody else's TA did there online check in from a different site that MDE? Will I be able to modify eventually??? help

Thanks for your help!!!!
Old 10-07-2013, 04:47 PM   #2918
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondakg View Post
Ok - so I had my TA do my online check in this a.m. - as I did not want to mess something up .....well she did my online check in on the Walt Disney Travel Company site . - NOT through my MDE (which she has my passcode to do this)account. I was hoping that once online check in was done my Magic bands would magically pop up...NOPE - not there. I do have an option to modify the check in - but when I go in there I can only get so far and it errors out on me ....is this normal??? I wanted to kick start something for my mb as others have done - but I'm unable to. Has anybody else's TA did there online check in from a different site that MDE? Will I be able to modify eventually??? help Thanks for your help!!!!
I have a TA, but I did my own online check in through MDE. Is there a reason you are unable to do your own (like the system preventing it)? Otherwise, I would just suggest you do it. The first time I tried, it did not let me. When I tried again about a week later, it worked. We received our Magic Bands shortly thereafter.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:53 PM   #2919
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondakg View Post
Ok - so I had my TA do my online check in this a.m. - as I did not want to mess something up .....well she did my online check in on the Walt Disney Travel Company site . - NOT through my MDE (which she has my passcode to do this)account. I was hoping that once online check in was done my Magic bands would magically pop up...NOPE - not there. I do have an option to modify the check in - but when I go in there I can only get so far and it errors out on me ....is this normal??? I wanted to kick start something for my mb as others have done - but I'm unable to. Has anybody else's TA did there online check in from a different site that MDE? Will I be able to modify eventually??? help

Thanks for your help!!!!
Lots of logging out and logging back in seemed to work for some people, for a while, too.

Old 10-07-2013, 05:07 PM   #2920
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Try this..on the My Disney Experience tab...click on your name...this page should come up:
[IMG][/IMG]

To the right, click "Manage or Personalize Magic Bands"
Old 10-07-2013, 05:52 PM   #2921
rhondakg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
I have a TA, but I did my own online check in through MDE. Is there a reason you are unable to do your own (like the system preventing it)? Otherwise, I would just suggest you do it. The first time I tried, it did not let me. When I tried again about a week later, it worked. We received our Magic Bands shortly thereafter.
My TA did do my online check in through the other company - I can't do it now. On MDE it does let me go into modify - but when I go in it ask for a pin #, I put that in and then it errors out????
Old 10-07-2013, 06:52 PM   #2922
JinxedSydney
Lurker Extraordinare

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
Try this..on the My Disney Experience tab...click on your name...this page should come up:
To the right, click "Manage or Personalize Magic Bands"
Question (because I HAVE looked this one up and didn't find an answer); I still have the "Manage Magic Bands" because they haven't magically appeared to personalize. I do have the ability to do the Online Check-In, but haven't. If I complete the Online Check-In, will that trip the Magic Bands personalization? Meaning, does the check-in have to be completed prior to the MB coming available?

I know, I know...I'm early. BUT, it seems like yesterday that I was bemoaning that I had 100 days left. Now I'm under 60! And, they have to ship to CA, so I'm wanting to get this all done!
Old 10-07-2013, 06:59 PM   #2923
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JinxedSydney View Post
Question (because I HAVE looked this one up and didn't find an answer); I still have the "Manage Magic Bands" because they haven't magically appeared to personalize. I do have the ability to do the Online Check-In, but haven't. If I complete the Online Check-In, will that trip the Magic Bands personalization? Meaning, does the check-in have to be completed prior to the MB coming available?

I know, I know...I'm early. BUT, it seems like yesterday that I was bemoaning that I had 100 days left. Now I'm under 60! And, they have to ship to CA, so I'm wanting to get this all done!
For some people, the Personalize MB showed up after online check in, for some it did not. Did you do the log out log in trick? If you have, I would try check in next. There is no reason not to. You don't have to provide a cc if you don't want to. Online check in may or may not go all the way through too; there have been reports of some people getting error messages. But I would give it a try anyway. Good luck!

Old 10-07-2013, 07:32 PM   #2924
Juliehvac1
Earning My Ears

Are first floor rooms a good choice?

My DH and I with our son and his friend have booked our trip to WDW to travel in May 2014 with reserving the WL Woodsview Bunk Bed room. This will be our first stay at WL having camped at FW many times.
My question is...do any of the bunk bed rooms exist on the first floor level of the resort? Can you walk right out to the grounds from the room? Is this a good level to stay on or is it a noisy area to be in? I am sure if we had a courtyard room, it would be very noisy due to pool noise. Noise does not bother us but don't really want too loud of sounds. We were thinking if we had a upgrade to courtyard, a first floor room would be convenient while using the pool area.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:49 PM   #2925
LB1122
Life's full of tough choices...Disney is not one of them

Just have to say how fun it is reading about everyone getting their magic bands...when we booked we were not sure if the testing/roll out would be to Wilderness by the time we traveled so it is so fun to watch and learn.

YEAH!!!!! Only 75 more days till check in
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: