Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 09:28 PM   #2821
Holly Quinlan
This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Ya. Still good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
What was your cutoff date? Mine says "make selections by oct 4th" .. Just wondered how long it takes..

We are going away oct 10th so I hope they arrive before we leave town
I think it was the 28th or the 29th they should get to you real fast

Old 10-01-2013, 09:43 PM   #2822
rhondakg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
Most Oct. and Nov. stays did not Personalize at 60 days out because our resorts were not yet on the rollout list. I check into WL Nov. 2 and my Personalize MagicBands showed up at 38 days out, or so. The personalize option seems to close at 30 days until check in, unless you make your reservation less than 30 days in advance. Not everyone had to do online check in either. There was a lot of logging out then back in though. And some who had done online check in had the Personalize option appear after modifying their check in, even if they didn't change anything.
thank you very much, much appreciated Once you customized did you immediately get to choose your fast passes? Or did you have to wait a few days....
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2013, 09:47 PM   #2823
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly Quinlan View Post
I think it was the 28th or the 29th they should get to you real fast
Thanks!!!
Old 10-01-2013, 09:53 PM   #2824
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondakg View Post
thank you very much, much appreciated Once you customized did you immediately get to choose your fast passes? Or did you have to wait a few days....
Actually got to pick FP before Personalize appeared. That's how I knew I was getting MB soon! Since full rollout for DW resorts begins Nov. 1 the time frames are all a bit wacky and hard to predict. I would just keep logging in and out, trying to access everything from the web page and not the app, and doing moline check in. All online check in really does is let the resort know when to expect you. You don't have to provide a cc or room request.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:24 PM   #2825
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So tell me - did you do online check in on your 60 day mark? Then your magic bands just came up?? I'm at 67 days and I'm checking every single day to be able to customize and nothing yet...I'm all paid and this is the last hurdle in our plans then we get to sit back and wait for Mickey Mail...please let me know on what day you got the option for MB...thanks.
We got the option to customize our MB's last Thursday, which was day 65 I think. It appeared in the evening for us. Today is day 60 for us. I've reserved some fp+'s tonight but I haven't done online check in yet. I'm really not in a hurry to do it. I will probably wait a little while before I do it. We're not paid in full, either.

There doesn't seem to be a consistent pattern for when someone can customize their MB's. I saw people with check in days that were before mine who they were able to customize days before we were. Maybe that will change when testing is over and everything is live.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 10-02-2013, 12:37 AM   #2826
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
So tell me - did you do online check in on your 60 day mark? Then your magic bands just came up?? I'm at 67 days and I'm checking every single day to be able to customize and nothing yet...I'm all paid and this is the last hurdle in our plans then we get to sit back and wait for Mickey Mail...please let me know on what day you got the option for MB...thanks.
I have not done online check in. Since we are staying CL I don't really see the urgency for me to do it until we arrive at the resort (we are paid in full). As for the magic bands; the option to customize just appeared right around the 65 day mark which at that time I did just that. I attempted to see if FP+ would work once I did that, but it did not. Then on my 60 day mark the option to do FP+ magically appeared and I was able to go in and make my selections for my entire stay. Hope this helps and good luck in the next few days.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
Old 10-02-2013, 07:16 AM   #2827
DisneyDmbNut

WL Vet

I logged in this morning and it said "MB are processing and on their way" YEAH!!
Old 10-02-2013, 07:28 AM   #2828
TheLodgeLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
I logged in this morning and it said "MB are processing and on their way" YEAH!!
Hi there,

Once they ship, they will arrive overnight. That's how we got ours. We received an email that they shipped and they were at our door the next day.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:39 AM   #2829
DisneyDmbNut

WL Vet

Cool!!! I have them coming to my office so they won't sit on my doorstep.

Also, I didn't know this till my co-worker brought her's in, they have your name inside!! And the black and color part can be separated for kids so they aren't wearing a giant, adult sized band!
Old 10-02-2013, 09:25 AM   #2830
francileb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly Quinlan View Post
We also got our magic bands today. I'm nervous I hate wearing watches and bracelets and tried mine on and I don't like it either!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I didn't like mine either--it was curled up so tight in the box that it kind of held that small shape when I put it on my wrist. I couldn't imagine wearing it for our whole vacation. I laid it out flat and put a book on it for a few days to straighten it out. I still don't like it, but it is better than it was. I also tried it on with the RFID Mickey head on the side of my wrist instead of the top, and that helped too.

Maybe give these things a try? If you still don't like it maybe you can attach it to a bag instead of wearing it.

Good luck and have a great trip.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:33 AM   #2831
francileb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Same question for you as above did you get to customize at 60 days after you did online check in? what day did you get the CUSTOMIZE YOUR BANDS sign? thanks!!!!
I know you weren't asking me--but I have some recent experience. We are doing a split stay with BC at the end of October and were able to customize 60 days from our BC check in date (WL wasn't testing yet at that point.) Once WL started testing, we were able to customize for that resort--but it was closer to 40 days out. I think it was a shorter time frame for WL just because they weren't testing yet. Since your trip is later, look for the Magic Band information in your My Disney Experience at 60 days out.

Another interesting tidbit--it let us customize at midnight EST. Since we live in Colorado, we were able to customize and get FP+ at 10 p.m. at 61 days before.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:44 AM   #2832
MistressGracey
Mouseketeer

Getting so jealous hearing you guys talk about your MB's! I really hope WL is still a test resort in February (if not rolled out to everyone yet)...for now i'll just live vicariously though all of you on here
Ft Wilderness Campground June 1992, Comfort Inn LBV August 1993, Howard Johnson DTD July 1994, Comfort Inn LBV June 1995, Caribe Royal LBV April 1996, Holiday Inn LBV April 1997, Holiday Inn LBV April 1998, Holiday Inn LBV March 1999, Hilton DTD March 2001, Orlando Vista LBV April 2008, Best Western DTD April 2009, Wilderness Lodge January 2010, AKL/Polynesian CL September 2010, Best Western DTD February 2011, POP/POFQ August 2011, Coronado Springs April 2012, Yacht Club/AOA September 2012, ASMu December 2012, ASMo/CBR May 2013, ASSp/PORiverside September 2013, Holiday Inn Universal December 2013, ASSp February 2014, Anaheim Del Sol June 2014, ASSp January 2015, Anaheim Desert Inn May 2015

Coming Soon: WDW Half Marathon January 2015 & Tinkerbell Half Marathon May 2015

Old 10-02-2013, 09:48 AM   #2833
Holly Quinlan
This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Ya. Still good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by francileb View Post
I didn't like mine either--it was curled up so tight in the box that it kind of held that small shape when I put it on my wrist. I couldn't imagine wearing it for our whole vacation. I laid it out flat and put a book on it for a few days to straighten it out. I still don't like it, but it is better than it was. I also tried it on with the RFID Mickey head on the side of my wrist instead of the top, and that helped too.

Maybe give these things a try? If you still don't like it maybe you can attach it to a bag instead of wearing it.

Good luck and have a great trip.
Thanks I will try the book idea I did think it felt a little better with the mickey head on the side. Now I just need to figure out how I will get DS to keep his on

Old 10-02-2013, 10:54 AM   #2834
JinxedSydney
Lurker Extraordinare

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
I have not done online check in. Since we are staying CL I don't really see the urgency for me to do it until we arrive at the resort (we are paid in full). As for the magic bands; the option to customize just appeared right around the 65 day mark which at that time I did just that. I attempted to see if FP+ would work once I did that, but it did not. Then on my 60 day mark the option to do FP+ magically appeared and I was able to go in and make my selections for my entire stay. Hope this helps and good luck in the next few days.
Um, I may be a day early about asking my my DH is driving me nuts about the MB's! On the My Disney Experience, we are 61 days out and I don't see the MB option. When I click "Magic Bands and Cards" I don't see any options to pick them. I have all of my reservations in and it is paid in full. Will a new button pop up when I can choose the MB?

**Edit** Read a few pages back and answered my own question. Will wait patiently for the magical day for the Personalize option to appear!

Last edited by JinxedSydney; 10-02-2013 at 11:10 AM.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:49 AM   #2835
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistressGracey View Post
Getting so jealous hearing you guys talk about your MB's! I really hope WL is still a test resort in February (if not rolled out to everyone yet)...for now i'll just live vicariously though all of you on here
A press release from last week stated Nov. 1 is full roll out of MBs for all DISNEY properties, so no worries, you will have one for Feb!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: