Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-01-2013, 12:54 PM   #2806
jamala
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 199

Back home after 8 nights at disney, our first night (room only) at art of animation and then 7 nights club level at WL. I was very impressed that our room was ready at 9 am when we checked in and we got bunk beds like the kids wanted. I was very disappointed with the club lounge offerings as I am used to Beach and Yacht club. We never ate breakfast in the lounge because we usually eat boiled eggs and oatmeal that the other lounges had and WL doesn't have these and I can't have all the pastries that WL offered. The desserts were also a disappointment to all of us as we are used to YC/BC having a bigger variety. Also the lounge closes at 10 where at YC/BC the drink offerings are out all night, so you can grab a cola when you come in late. It just didn't feel like it was a "special" area like the other resorts have. The cast members were AMAZING though and so very nice and helpful. Plus we got to watch the crew take the raw hide covering off the huge lobby lights one day and that made me kiddos very happy.
jamala is offline  
Old 10-01-2013, 01:00 PM   #2807
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran
 
BwoZoo22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Nevada
Posts: 579

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippa D Doodah View Post
I forgot another fun thing about the WL. You know those light switches that are in each bedpost? We (me, DW, DD16, and DS13) played "Disney Vacation Jeopardy" a few evenings as we were unwinding as a way to recap our day. One person made up irreverent answers, and the other three would race to flick on their lights with the correct question to respond.

See, another nice hidden feature of WL!
If you have never been to WL before, just finding those switches can be a game all itself!
__________________


BwoZoo22 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-01-2013, 01:54 PM   #2808
lilaurora
Mouseketeer
 
lilaurora's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Near Madison, WI, USA
Posts: 157

Hi, everyone! I've been stalking the thread for quite some time, but now I am coming out of lurkdom with a question.

My DD and I are lucky enough to be spending 11 nights at the Wilderness Lodge starting in about 2 weeks! While at Disney World we will be attending 2 of the halloween parties. Any opinions/experiences on what mode of transportation would be best to return to the Lodge at the end of the parties - bus or boat? We anticipate staying until 12:00 am.

Thanks so much!!
__________________
Me DH DD (9)



lilaurora is offline  
Old 10-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #2809
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran
 
BwoZoo22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Nevada
Posts: 579

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilaurora View Post
Hi, everyone! I've been stalking the thread for quite some time, but now I am coming out of lurkdom with a question.

My DD and I are lucky enough to be spending 11 nights at the Wilderness Lodge starting in about 2 weeks! While at Disney World we will be attending 2 of the halloween parties. Any opinions/experiences on what mode of transportation would be best to return to the Lodge at the end of the parties - bus or boat? We anticipate staying until 12:00 am.

Thanks so much!!
The wait may be longer, but we love the boat back to the WL. It's less crowded than the standing room only buses and being on the water smells better and is just relaxing.
__________________


BwoZoo22 is offline  
Old 10-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #2810
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 1,260

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
The wait may be longer, but we love the boat back to the WL. It's less crowded than the standing room only buses and being on the water smells better and is just relaxing.
I agree, the boats were our preferred method to get back home. We did have one late night at MK where we were in the park 45 min after it closed and the boats were no longer running, so we took the bus back and had very little wait and a bus to ourselves, so don't worry about missing the boat if you hang out for a bit. Enjoy!
GrandCalifornian is offline  
Old 10-01-2013, 02:38 PM   #2811
jamala
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilaurora View Post
Hi, everyone! I've been stalking the thread for quite some time, but now I am coming out of lurkdom with a question.

My DD and I are lucky enough to be spending 11 nights at the Wilderness Lodge starting in about 2 weeks! While at Disney World we will be attending 2 of the halloween parties. Any opinions/experiences on what mode of transportation would be best to return to the Lodge at the end of the parties - bus or boat? We anticipate staying until 12:00 am.

Thanks so much!!

We went to the party Friday night and it was sold out. The parades and fireworks were both delayed because of rain and we sat at the fire station to watch the last parade. We left as soon as the parade was over because by that time it was almost midnight. We waited about 10 minutes for the boat and it was great.
jamala is offline  
Old 10-01-2013, 04:16 PM   #2812
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran
 
CuteAsMinnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,676

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippa D Doodah View Post
There were two emotions that took this grizzled old WDW vet by surprise on my first WL stay...
1) I felt more relaxed than I remember on any previous WDW vacation. WL lends itself to slowing down and chilling out. The property invites guests to discover its charm and beauty in unexpected places such as predawn boat whistles, dusky animal encounters, and shaded pathways that stretch out forever.

2) After 17 family trips to WDW you might think I would be immune to feeling so down about leaving. However, yesterday morning when we were checking out, I realized that I was dealing with a great sense of loss as the vacation came to an end. I am still not so sure that I like that the place got its hooks into me in such a way.

I told DW as we were sitting in the lobby waiting for the bus to take us to the airport that the WL was a metaphor for life: Everyone knew that their time there was coming to an end. But when the end came, the great majority were sad to know the end had arrived. All the while new folks were coming along to begin their own grand adventure which would also come to an end all too soon. (No extra charge for the dime store philosophy )
You have summarized the feelings of anyone who truly loves the Wilderness Lodge and understands its peacefulness. You can join us for cobbler any time.

__________________
CBR - 1989 (first trip)
CBR - 1995
Wilderness Lodge - 1998, 2001, 2005, 2007
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

CuteAsMinnie is offline  
Old 10-01-2013, 04:44 PM   #2813
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran
 
BWV Dreamin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,729

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippa D Doodah View Post
There were two emotions that took this grizzled old WDW vet by surprise on my first WL stay... 1) I felt more relaxed than I remember on any previous WDW vacation. WL lends itself to slowing down and chilling out. The property invites guests to discover its charm and beauty in unexpected places such as predawn boat whistles, dusky animal encounters, and shaded pathways that stretch out forever. 2) After 17 family trips to WDW you might think I would be immune to feeling so down about leaving. However, yesterday morning when we were checking out, I realized that I was dealing with a great sense of loss as the vacation came to an end. I am still not so sure that I like that the place got its hooks into me in such a way. I told DW as we were sitting in the lobby waiting for the bus to take us to the airport that the WL was a metaphor for life: Everyone knew that their time there was coming to an end. But when the end came, the great majority were sad to know the end had arrived. All the while new folks were coming along to begin their own grand adventure which would also come to an end all too soon. (No extra charge for the dime store philosophy )
This is exactly how we feel!
__________________
Hope

BWV Dreamin is offline  
Old 10-01-2013, 06:14 PM   #2814
rhondakg
Mouseketeer
 
rhondakg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 215

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
Ok all, I'm starting to get really anxious for our long, long overdue return back to the WL. I'm telling myself that we will be there next month even though it's closer to two months away (58 days). With this being the first day of October and us arriving on Nov 29th I'm doing all I can to make it seem sooner.

Also, a couple of days ago I was able to go onto MDE and set up my FP+ choices. I have to admit the process was not all that bad and the website was very efficient (for Disney that is) in making those choices. I'm still mixed on my feelings about FP+. I don't like that you can only select one park, and I am also mixed on making selections so far in advance. On the positive, if you don't want to be at a rope drop you can still land a coveted FP on TSM, Soarin and other popular attractions. I do enjoy planning, but now to add attraction times on top of 180 days out ADR's, park days, and etc., this is one more to add to the list. Geez, I need a vacation to relax from planning for a vacation at WDW.
So tell me - did you do online check in on your 60 day mark? Then your magic bands just came up?? I'm at 67 days and I'm checking every single day to be able to customize and nothing yet...I'm all paid and this is the last hurdle in our plans then we get to sit back and wait for Mickey Mail...please let me know on what day you got the option for MB...thanks.
__________________
rhondakg is offline  
Old 10-01-2013, 06:59 PM   #2815
madgali2000
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 18

Magic bands arrived today!!! Wahoo!!
madgali2000 is offline  
Old 10-01-2013, 07:02 PM   #2816
Holly Quinlan
This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
 
Holly Quinlan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 307

We also got our magic bands today. I'm nervous I hate wearing watches and bracelets and tried mine on and I don't like it either!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
MEDS 4 DH
Holly Quinlan is offline  
Old 10-01-2013, 07:18 PM   #2817
rhondakg
Mouseketeer
 
rhondakg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 215

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgali2000 View Post
Magic bands arrived today!!! Wahoo!!
Same question for you as above did you get to customize at 60 days after you did online check in? what day did you get the CUSTOMIZE YOUR BANDS sign? thanks!!!!
__________________
rhondakg is offline  
Old 10-01-2013, 07:54 PM   #2818
lilaurora
Mouseketeer
 
lilaurora's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Near Madison, WI, USA
Posts: 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
The wait may be longer, but we love the boat back to the WL. It's less crowded than the standing room only buses and being on the water smells better and is just relaxing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
I agree, the boats were our preferred method to get back home. We did have one late night at MK where we were in the park 45 min after it closed and the boats were no longer running, so we took the bus back and had very little wait and a bus to ourselves, so don't worry about missing the boat if you hang out for a bit. Enjoy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala View Post
We went to the party Friday night and it was sold out. The parades and fireworks were both delayed because of rain and we sat at the fire station to watch the last parade. We left as soon as the parade was over because by that time it was almost midnight. We waited about 10 minutes for the boat and it was great.
You all are great! I really appreciate the insights Sounds like the boat is the way to go! Just 16 days until we arrive
__________________
Me DH DD (9)



lilaurora is offline  
Old 10-01-2013, 08:08 PM   #2819
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet
 
DisneyDmbNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Two Hours South of the World
Posts: 12,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly Quinlan View Post
We also got our magic bands today. I'm nervous I hate wearing watches and bracelets and tried mine on and I don't like it either!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
What was your cutoff date? Mine says "make selections by oct 4th" .. Just wondered how long it takes..

We are going away oct 10th so I hope they arrive before we leave town
DisneyDmbNut is offline  
Old 10-01-2013, 08:25 PM   #2820
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran
 
BwoZoo22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Nevada
Posts: 579

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondakg View Post
Same question for you as above did you get to customize at 60 days after you did online check in? what day did you get the CUSTOMIZE YOUR BANDS sign? thanks!!!!
Most Oct. and Nov. stays did not Personalize at 60 days out because our resorts were not yet on the rollout list. I check into WL Nov. 2 and my Personalize MagicBands showed up at 38 days out, or so. The personalize option seems to close at 30 days until check in, unless you make your reservation less than 30 days in advance. Not everyone had to do online check in either. There was a lot of logging out then back in though. And some who had done online check in had the Personalize option appear after modifying their check in, even if they didn't change anything.
__________________


BwoZoo22 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: