Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 03:23 PM   #2791
GiggleGoddess
Mouseketeer

We are doing a split stay. October 4-7th at POP and 7-10th at WL. We have a bunk bed room - woods view. My friend who is a cast member got me the 40% room discount...i never used my discount when I worked costuming back in 09 so this is the closest I could come to to save some moolah. How do I get put on the LL?

Sent from my Z10 using DISBoards

October 2013 - Pop Centruy+Wilderness Lodge

o o o
Fall Advantage ... Costuming ... May 27th, 2009
o o o

To create your own blog of your Disney College Program Expericence start one @...www.wordpress.com!!! It's the best blogging site out there with tons of layouts and customization options. Please check this site out if you do start a blog...it's the best!!!
Check me out at http://wdwcpxperience.wordpress.com/ LAST UPDATED: (5/30/09) Yesterday!

Old 09-30-2013, 09:52 PM   #2792
Zippa D Doodah
Suffering from Fairy Alienation. Is there a program for that?
I'm such a shameless taghound!
I am an unabashed Q-tipper !

Howdy folks. We are just back from a fabulous first stay at WL. Thanks for all the tips and pics that really helped make our trip that much more wonderful. A few observations about our stay at the Lodge, and other aspects of the trip.

...We stayed in room 6142 (Woods View), which was one of the top floor room overlooking the Villas. This room had a closed balcony, which was OK by me. We sat out on the balcony some, but not a whole lot. It would have been nice to have an open balcony, but no big deal.

...That big lovely lobby was a total magnet for us. We kept finding ourselves drawn to it. Listening to the soothing music, taking in the sights, soaking in the ambiance.

...DW and I enjoyed the nature trail. We walked it one evening and saw a deer grazing just a few feet away from us. Such a serene sight. We got caught pretty far out on the trail by ourselves as the sun went down, and were really troubled by hordes of gnats. I was somewhat surprised there was not a bit more signage or lighting along the way. Lots of fun though. DW and I joked that if we wandered along any longer we would wind up like the people on "Naked and Afraid"

...Mixed reviews for Roaring Forks. The Bounty Platter was disgusting; breakfast croissant was just alright; the Mickey waffles with strawberries were edible. Best meal I had there was a cheeseburger late one night

...I am an earlier riser than the rest of the clan, so had a few mornings where it was just me and a mug of coffee wandering the grounds watching the sun come up. These were some of my most favorite moments of the trip.

...I was so sad to have to leave today. Even though I am a 40something year old man, my heart was heavy and I felt a distinct sense of loss at having to leave that lovely place and end our vacation.

I can hardly wait to go back!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2013, 10:28 PM   #2793
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippa D Doodah View Post
Howdy folks. We are just back from a fabulous first stay at WL. Thanks for all the tips and pics that really helped make our trip that much more wonderful. A few observations about our stay at the Lodge, and other aspects of the trip.
Thanks for posting about your trip.

Quote:
...We stayed in room 6142 (Woods View), which was one of the top floor room overlooking the Villas. This room had a closed balcony, which was OK by me. We sat out on the balcony some, but not a whole lot. It would have been nice to have an open balcony, but no big deal.
I think you might have had an upgrade to an outer courtyard view. Was it quiet on that side of the resort?

Quote:
...DW and I enjoyed the nature trail. We walked it one evening and saw a deer grazing just a few feet away from us. Such a serene sight. We got caught pretty far out on the trail by ourselves as the sun went down, and were really troubled by hordes of gnats. I was somewhat surprised there was not a bit more signage or lighting along the way. Lots of fun though. DW and I joked that if we wandered along any longer we would wind up like the people on "Naked and Afraid"
My DH suggested that we take the trail to our ADR at Trail's End, in the dark, and I told him that the people on the WL thread suggested that it wasn't a good idea to walk the trail in the dark.

Quote:
...I am an earlier riser than the rest of the clan, so had a few mornings where it was just me and a mug of coffee wandering the grounds watching the sun come up. These were some of my most favorite moments of the trip.
That sounds like the perfect way to enjoy your vacation.
Quote:
..I was so sad to have to leave today. Even though I am a 40something year old man, my heart was heavy and I felt a distinct sense of loss at having to leave that lovely place and end our vacation.

I can hardly wait to go back!
You know what the cure for that is, don't you? Plan another trip.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 09-30-2013, 10:39 PM   #2794
Missmaggiemay
Earning My Ears

Here now and the weather is great and crowds are low!
Old 09-30-2013, 10:41 PM   #2795
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missmaggiemay View Post
Here now and the weather is great and crowds are low!
Thanks for the update. I was wondering how it was at the end of Sept in case we want to try Food and Wine next year.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 09-30-2013, 10:48 PM   #2796
Zippa D Doodah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
Thanks for posting about your trip.

I think you might have had an upgrade to an outer courtyard view. Was it quiet on that side of the resort?
Being a WL rookie I am not even aware that there are outer courtyard views. This just may have been the case. The room surely was quiet. It was situated about 2/3 of the way down away from the lobby on the 6th floor. I found it to be fairly convenient to everything. The nearby elevator took us right out to a 1st floor walkway in the courtyard that crossed straight over to Roaring Forks. An elevator a bit further down the hall took us down to the door where you go out to the bus stop. All things considered I think we would have enjoyed a room that opened to the lobby though. Oh well, I will know what to ask for next time.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:50 PM   #2797
Zippa D Doodah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
Thanks for the update. I was wondering how it was at the end of Sept in case we want to try Food and Wine next year.
We found the weather to be pretty nice, but it did get fairly hot Saturday and Sunday. Crowds were very small, except for Saturday in MK. I knew Saturday at MK was going to be crowded, but the kids really wanted to spend that whole long day at MK. They made it all 15 hours!
Old 10-01-2013, 05:47 AM   #2798
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

We are loving our stay here, and especially the OFC. Haven't really had any evening offerings, but did enjoy the scallops, pulled pork and shepherds pie. The cobbler is also so yummy! So far we have tried peach and strawberry, blueberry and apple.

The cast members are wonderful also. We are headed into the MK later today to have lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern and the for the a Wishes Dessert Party. This has been a relaxing trip, just kind of hanging out and enjoying the resort.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:46 AM   #2799
hebbynan
Chase and Eli's Mom

Oh my goodness....this place was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!! We loved loved loved the stay here. The boys really liked the bunk beds. They even took turns with who got to be on the top bunk. We only had bad weather one day and the crowds were the lowest we've ever seen (usually go in October/November/February). The only thing we waited a long time for was Soaring - and that was because of the rain and EVERYONE being inside the land pavilion. All in all it was a great trip, went by way to fast and I can't believe it's over!!! .

WL February 2017 for DS high school band trip * WL 2013*ASMo 2011/2010/2006*FW 2007*SoG 2000*Off Site 1998
Old 10-01-2013, 08:57 AM   #2800
goofynut41
Disney Veteran

Got all my plans in order now... had to scale back a lot but was still gonna make it happen ... now the Government shut down... If something don't give there this trip is really over....

Old 10-01-2013, 10:17 AM   #2801
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Ok all, I'm starting to get really anxious for our long, long overdue return back to the WL. I'm telling myself that we will be there next month even though it's closer to two months away (58 days). With this being the first day of October and us arriving on Nov 29th I'm doing all I can to make it seem sooner.

Also, a couple of days ago I was able to go onto MDE and set up my FP+ choices. I have to admit the process was not all that bad and the website was very efficient (for Disney that is) in making those choices. I'm still mixed on my feelings about FP+. I don't like that you can only select one park, and I am also mixed on making selections so far in advance. On the positive, if you don't want to be at a rope drop you can still land a coveted FP on TSM, Soarin and other popular attractions. I do enjoy planning, but now to add attraction times on top of 180 days out ADR's, park days, and etc., this is one more to add to the list. Geez, I need a vacation to relax from planning for a vacation at WDW.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
Old 10-01-2013, 01:10 PM   #2802
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryCM View Post
We are loving our stay here, and especially the OFC. Haven't really had any evening offerings, but did enjoy the scallops, pulled pork and shepherds pie. The cobbler is also so yummy! So far we have tried peach and strawberry, blueberry and apple.

The cast members are wonderful also. We are headed into the MK later today to have lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern and the for the a Wishes Dessert Party. This has been a relaxing trip, just kind of hanging out and enjoying the resort.

Gotta love that cobbler!

(and everything else too!!!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by hebbynan View Post
Oh my goodness....this place was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!! We loved loved loved the stay here. The boys really liked the bunk beds. They even took turns with who got to be on the top bunk. We only had bad weather one day and the crowds were the lowest we've ever seen (usually go in October/November/February). The only thing we waited a long time for was Soaring - and that was because of the rain and EVERYONE being inside the land pavilion. All in all it was a great trip, went by way to fast and I can't believe it's over!!! .
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G is a good word! We (the kids) have always loved the bunks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
Ok all, I'm starting to get really anxious for our long, long overdue return back to the WL. I'm telling myself that we will be there next month even though it's closer to two months away (58 days). With this being the first day of October and us arriving on Nov 29th I'm doing all I can to make it seem sooner.

Also, a couple of days ago I was able to go onto MDE and set up my FP+ choices. I have to admit the process was not all that bad and the website was very efficient (for Disney that is) in making those choices. I'm still mixed on my feelings about FP+. I don't like that you can only select one park, and I am also mixed on making selections so far in advance. On the positive, if you don't want to be at a rope drop you can still land a coveted FP on TSM, Soarin and other popular attractions. I do enjoy planning, but now to add attraction times on top of 180 days out ADR's, park days, and etc., this is one more to add to the list. Geez, I need a vacation to relax from planning for a vacation at WDW.
It'll be here before you know it!!!!
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 10-01-2013, 01:28 PM   #2803
Zippa D Doodah

There were two emotions that took this grizzled old WDW vet by surprise on my first WL stay...
1) I felt more relaxed than I remember on any previous WDW vacation. WL lends itself to slowing down and chilling out. The property invites guests to discover its charm and beauty in unexpected places such as predawn boat whistles, dusky animal encounters, and shaded pathways that stretch out forever.

2) After 17 family trips to WDW you might think I would be immune to feeling so down about leaving. However, yesterday morning when we were checking out, I realized that I was dealing with a great sense of loss as the vacation came to an end. I am still not so sure that I like that the place got its hooks into me in such a way.

I told DW as we were sitting in the lobby waiting for the bus to take us to the airport that the WL was a metaphor for life: Everyone knew that their time there was coming to an end. But when the end came, the great majority were sad to know the end had arrived. All the while new folks were coming along to begin their own grand adventure which would also come to an end all too soon. (No extra charge for the dime store philosophy )
Old 10-01-2013, 01:33 PM   #2804
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippa D Doodah View Post
There were two emotions that took this grizzled old WDW vet by surprise on my first WL stay...
1) I felt more relaxed than I remember on any previous WDW vacation. WL lends itself to slowing down and chilling out. The property invites guests to discover its charm and beauty in unexpected places such as predawn boat whistles, dusky animal encounters, and shaded pathways that stretch out forever.

2) After 17 family trips to WDW you might think I would be immune to feeling so down about leaving. However, yesterday morning when we were checking out, I realized that I was dealing with a great sense of loss as the vacation came to an end. I am still not so sure that I like that the place got its hooks into me in such a way.

I told DW as we were sitting in the lobby waiting for the bus to take us to the airport that the WL was a metaphor for life: Everyone knew that their time there was coming to an end. But when the end came, the great majority were sad to know the end had arrived. All the while new folks were coming along to begin their own grand adventure which would also come to an end all too soon. (No extra charge for the dime store philosophy )
I really find it amazing how one place can instill such similar feelings in a large diversity of people. We feel the same way, which is why November will be our 9th stay at WL in 13 years. And luckily, unlike the Yosemite Lodge on which the WL is based, the WL does not close because of government gridlock!

Old 10-01-2013, 01:43 PM   #2805
Zippa D Doodah

I forgot another fun thing about the WL. You know those light switches that are in each bedpost? We (me, DW, DD16, and DS13) played "Disney Vacation Jeopardy" a few evenings as we were unwinding as a way to recap our day. One person made up irreverent answers, and the other three would race to flick on their lights with the correct question to respond.

See, another nice hidden feature of WL!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: