Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 06:36 PM   #2746
rhondakg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
Yes. It does just magically appear .

When you log into your MDE account you will see a list of options in a column on the right. One of the options is to manage MagicBands and cards. One day you will log in and it will say personalize MagicBands instead of manage. That is when you will be able to customize them. Completely ignore any pop up box that says something like"Get ready for MyMagic+. It is a glitch and doesn't let you customize bands or order fp+.
Thank You!!! I sooo love this site, and all the feedback! I can't wait to help someone just like myself - someday just as you have just done for me
Old 09-27-2013, 06:38 PM   #2747
rhondakg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
That's how it works. Yesterday, no such thing; This morning and there it was. I'm guessing that based on your countdown ticker, you should get the option in about a week.
Thank you very much for the info......much appreciated!
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2013, 07:19 PM   #2748
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
Does anyone know the status of the fridges at VWL? Specifically the fridges in the studios? I know originally it had been said that they wouldn't be replacing the fridges in the DVC rooms, but I didn't know if that included the ones in the Studios. If I recall, they are the same size as the ones in the hotel rooms, so I was concerned they might have been in need of replacement as well.
Just wondering if they have been ,or are being replaced before I start thinking about a Garden Grocer order for breakfast items.
There wasn't any problem with the studio refrigerators.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:26 PM   #2749
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondakg View Post
Thank You!!! I sooo love this site, and all the feedback! I can't wait to help someone just like myself - someday just as you have just done for me
That is so nice of you to say that. I remember how lost I was when we were planning our first stay at WL this past February. The people here were very good at answering all my questions.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 09-27-2013, 07:32 PM   #2750
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
There wasn't any problem with the studio refrigerators.
Thank you.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:33 PM   #2751
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Just changed my check in from Nov 2 to Nov 1. We will be checking in after midnight, but figured this would be easier than spending several hours in an airport hotel before transferring to WL, considering the 1030 am reservations we have on the 2nd. The tight schedule was already making me nervous. So I called, with an upper $$ limit in mind for the cost of the room, and they were under that! More expensive, but less to worry about. And we are still around $1k less than last year! Add to this the Mickey mail I received today, and I am one happy WLodger!

Old 09-27-2013, 11:55 PM   #2752
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
I think it smells like hickory.. I love it. AKL is the same.. I love sitting but the pool and smelling the drifts of smoke.. I think it use to be stronger, but they "turned it down" several years ago...that was back in 2003 or 2004
Interesting. Thanks- I'll have to see if I notice it next trip!
GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
Old 09-28-2013, 06:43 AM   #2753
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

I got home yesterday to Mickey Mail x2,, I got my ears for MNSSHP and my MNSSHP tickets. They are RFID cards so I am thinking I can add them to my magic band! Anyone done this?

Old 09-28-2013, 06:58 AM   #2754
DoctorWhoGirl
Mouseketeer

Saw the beautiful pics of the WL over here: http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized...te/#more-11801

29 days and counting!

Past Disney vacations:
Nov 2012 - POFQ
Oct/Nov 2013 - WL & MNSSHP
Old 09-28-2013, 07:14 AM   #2755
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Quote:
I got home yesterday to Mickey Mail x2,, I got my ears for MNSSHP and my MNSSHP tickets. They are RFID cards so I am thinking I can add them to my magic band! Anyone done this?
To answer my own question.. I can add them to My MB, and make FB selection for Friday for my husband (he doesn't have a ticket yet other than the MNSSHP)

Old 09-28-2013, 08:13 AM   #2756
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

We are loving the OFC! The only issue we had was the tub configuration in our room. We were in a honeymoon suite and it is a large jetted tub/ shower, but it has about an 18 in. high edge to climb over. It was difficlut for both of us to do, so they changed our room for us. We are now in 7046 with a perfect Magic Kingdom view.

Anyway, Kook was right, the cast here is the best. They are right on par with the BWI cast. Randy, the manager is terrific.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:37 AM   #2757
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyMouse87 View Post
Hi everyone just over 50days till we arrive for our first visit to the Lodge all the way from Northern Ireland This week we were able to customise our magic bands and make our FP+ selections. Just a quick question for you all. I assume that magic bands are only shipped to addresses within the US and that international travellers just pick them up at their resort when they arrive?
to the DIS and the WL/VWL thread!

We're happy to have you all the way from Ireland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post

We have one of these booked for our last night! I managed to get a reservation for a half hour after we get out of the Hoop Dee Doo Review. I can't wait
We'd love a photo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
Just changed my check in from Nov 2 to Nov 1. We will be checking in after midnight, but figured this would be easier than spending several hours in an airport hotel before transferring to WL, considering the 1030 am reservations we have on the 2nd. The tight schedule was already making me nervous. So I called, with an upper $$ limit in mind for the cost of the room, and they were under that! More expensive, but less to worry about. And we are still around $1k less than last year! Add to this the Mickey mail I received today, and I am one happy WLodger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryCM View Post
We are loving the OFC! The only issue we had was the tub configuration in our room. We were in a honeymoon suite and it is a large jetted tub/ shower, but it has about an 18 in. high edge to climb over. It was difficlut for both of us to do, so they changed our room for us. We are now in 7046 with a perfect Magic Kingdom view.

Anyway, Kook was right, the cast here is the best. They are right on par with the BWI cast. Randy, the manager is terrific.
Glad you were able to change rooms and tonight you'll be able to see some of Wishes from your room!

It's a team effort at the OFC and CMs strive to go out of their way to make your stay special. Randy is very hands-on and his love of his job really shows. It's a very special and unique club level.

Since some have been asking, is the coffee machine in the lounge still Nescafe or is it now Joffery's?
Old 09-28-2013, 12:13 PM   #2758
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
To answer my own question.. I can add them to My MB, and make FB selection for Friday for my husband (he doesn't have a ticket yet other than the MNSSHP)
Just an FYI in case you didn't know..
They are discouraging people from adding party tickets to their MDE account. When I was speaking to IT she was really emphatic about the fact that they want you to bring the actual ticket to the party. I guess you can't have two active tickets on your band or it really screws things up. I had already added them at that point.. and it made the two day tickets I had on my account disappear.
Just a heads up that you'll want to have the actual ticket and that others were reporting that they weren't able to make FP+ selections for the parties.
Old 09-28-2013, 02:55 PM   #2759
Liberator
Mouseketeer

as promised, a few pictures from our recent stay Sep. 8 - 13

PART I

the black "thing" in the hot tub was a guy diving around. suddenly he popped up and we were totally surprised as we have not seen him yet

Last edited by Liberator; 09-28-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Old 09-28-2013, 03:30 PM   #2760
Liberator
Mouseketeer

Part II

the room:

our view (I guess it is supposed to be a woods view...booked a standard view)

room location - the top floor with opened balconies, the 2nd one from the right. it was very private and we had zero noise issues

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: