Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 10:21 AM   #2671
ocalla
DIS Veteran

DisneyDmbNut: That looks like an awesome spot!!! I'm assuming (and maybe I shouldn't) that they have the 2 chairs/table on the patio? And was this a WV room?

Thank you so very much for sharing your pics
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie

Old 09-25-2013, 11:03 AM   #2672
BabyFu18
DIS Veteran

Question, if you are staying CL should you do online check-in?

I know people are saying that doing online check-in is spurring the magic bands to appear but what if you don't do online check-in? Is there a possibility of getting magic bands even if you don't do online check-in? Or since they are still testing magic bands, does that kinda eliminate anyone who decides not to do online check-in?
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2013, 11:08 AM   #2673
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyFu18 View Post

I know people are saying that doing online check-in is spurring the magic bands to appear but what if you don't do online check-in? Is there a possibility of getting magic bands even if you don't do online check-in? Or since they are still testing magic bands, does that kinda eliminate anyone who decides not to do online check-in?
Other threads have people reporting they are able to customize MBs without having to do online check in. So, that doesn't seem to matter. They have also been able to customize MBs more than 60 days out, just not FP+.

Old 09-25-2013, 11:16 AM   #2674
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
DisneyDmbNut: That looks like an awesome spot!!! I'm assuming (and maybe I shouldn't) that they have the 2 chairs/table on the patio? And was this a WV room?

Thank you so very much for sharing your pics
It is a bunk bed courtyard. If you don't want the bunkbed..you could ask for "the area of 2113" and book a Courtyard view.

Old 09-25-2013, 12:29 PM   #2675
Eric in TX
Belle, it's about time you got your head out of those books and started thinking about more important things....like me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondakg View Post

Question -
1.) Once you made your fast pass selections - when your magic band became available did the fp selections automatically get added to the band?

2.) If you only made fp selections and decided not to get the magic band - do you still get your fp selections added to the card???? and get to keep your fp selctions?

Confused w/both options
Rhonda -

I've heard people say that they are still issuing Keys To The World cards as a backup to the Magic Bands. If you choose not to use the MB, you could still use the KTTW card's RFID technology for park entrance, charging to your room, etc. But I cannot recall anyone specifically stating that you could also use FP+ with the KTTW cards.

Your best bet for an answer is probably one of the many MB or FP+ threads on the Theme Parks Attractions & Strategy forum.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:52 PM   #2676
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
Does anyone ever request the ground floor? Any pics of the patios or views they offer?
The WL room that they show in the photo gallery on the Disney website is a woods view room. It looks like it is in the north wing, Otter Pond area.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/re...t/rates-rooms/

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 09-25-2013, 01:04 PM   #2677
sweetnjmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
If you choose North wing then you won't be near the lobby. But you might hear the boat whistles. I liked hearing them and they never bothered me since they weren't 't very loud.

You would have to call to add north wing as a room preference.
Since I booked through a TA, she needs to make the requests (per Disney, as I called earlier). And I know she is on a business trip until the 30th, so I will have her amend my room requests to add North Wing as a preference--and also to request a bed rail for my 4-year-old son.

Past trips off property: 4/80, 1/81, 6/94 and 5/09
Past trips on property: 8/90 GF, 10/96 CBR, 11/01 ASM, 5/02 POR, 5/06 CSR
Old 09-25-2013, 01:18 PM   #2678
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
To the person who asked about me booking a deluxe room and applying a discount, I was able to apply a 30% off discount to the room. Originally I asked about the military discount but was told it was sold out at all the deluxe resorts we were looking into (I find that hard to believe since I had 5 different hotels I was interested in, but I did speak to two different people and was told the same thing each time). So after that I asked if anything was available with the general public up to 30% off code and was put on hold when the CM came back she offered me a standard view at AKL or the Deluxe CL room at WL both of which she said were 30% off rates.

I ended up hanging up, doing my own calculations to make sure the prices I was given were actually discounted and they were, so we ended up going with the WL. Other resorts I was looking into were all three of the monorail resort as well as BC and BWI, I was told nothing with a discount was available at any of those resort for our time frame but that I was welcome to keep trying back to see if something came available. We went ahead with the WL because it seemed to be our best option for the money.
Thank you. When they say that the Military Rate is "sold-out," they really mean it isn't available/included. I've tried many times for many years and it's actually never been included (at least since last month) at WL with the Military Rate. When a CM once told me it was "sold-out," I ask her to check multiple dates and as far ahead as she could, just to see if it was ever available, and she couldn't find it available in a one year period. I am very surprised it was included in the General Public discount, as I've never been able to get it with an AP Rate either. Thank you for letting us know that you did in fact apply a 30% off rate to the Deluxe room. Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kribarry View Post
Does anyone know what hours pool use will be restricted to?

We do love a good late night hot tub (but late by my standards is 10 or 11!)
This is only a guess, but I would think they would remain as they are now:

Quote:
Originally Posted by terri33inne View Post
Here now & I was so excited to stay here after reading all the positive reviews & our first time staying deluxe. The pros: the boat to cr & Mk, super convenient especially when leaving the park. We can see wishes from our room. My daughter loves her bunk bed, & mouse keeping is fabulous. The cons: our room is directly above Whispering & it is very loud. I've had a cold shower 2 out of 4mornings. The qs restaurant is small with very limited selections. Hands down the worst part is the bus transportation to the other parks... Yesterday we waited forever in the a.m for a bus to Epcot while 2 Mk & 2 ft wilderness buses came in the interim... then when it finally came it left here & went to ft wilderness. Our bus today to dtd & the other day
to HS both stopped at grand Floridian after here. I've stayed value & moderate before & both had much better bus transportation, better food courts, and were not as loud. I know I'm in the minority in this thread but I'm not terribly impressed given what I'm paying to stay here. I get that I'm paying for convenience/location but that becomes a wash when it takes 4x as long to get to any other resort.
Thank you for posting your honest review. Was/is the water cold the entire shower? I've had some early morning WL showers that have taken a good 5 minutes to warm up. I just assumed the hot water took longer to get up to the 7th floor early morning. Definitely say something downstairs about the cold showers.

The great thing about WDW is that there's a resort (or two) for everyone. Have you considered CR where you can walk to the MK, monorail to Epcot and boat over to FW/WL? I only suggest it because you would rely less on buses there. You would also rely less on buses at an Epcot Resort such as BWI where you can walk to both DHS and Epcot, though the bus to MK makes many stops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippa D Doodah View Post
Checking in tomorrow. Flight leaves in 13 hours!!!!!!!!!

I note that there will be lots of rain tomorrow. What is a good way for a family to spend a few hours on a rainy afternoon at the Lodge?
VWL has the Carolwood Pacific room with train memorabilia, fireplace and games. Study Branches is also over there. You can sit in the WL lobby or go to the arcade or Mercantile. You can take the boat over to CR and do some exploring/shopping. How about a nice cupcake at RF or a bowl of Cheddar Cheese soup at WCC? If it isn't lightning, the pools will still be open and less crowded. I don't know the ages in your family, but you could stop by Territory Lounge for some apps and a drink or two. There is a Hidden Mickey scavenger hunt sheet available from the concierge and linked to here on the first page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgali2000 View Post
October 30th can't get here quick enough!!!
It'll be here before you know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnjmom View Post
Quick question if anyone is around.

I'm doing the online check-in (for a woods view room) and I want an open balcony. The options to check are:

Ground Floor
Second Floor
Fourth Floor
Fifth Floor
Sixth Floor
Highest Floor
Near Elevator

I also want a quieter room (ie. not near Whispering Canyon) but of course that's not an option. Should I choose 4th or 5th? Does 5th have an open balcony? I am fairly sure 4th does.

THANKS!!!!
Just adding to the other posters that if you have any room requests, it's always best to have them added to your reservation by calling the WDTC. This way, you can be more thorough and specific. You can still makes requests using OCI and the Room Assignor will see those, too, but it is more limiting and not always even accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmalade View Post
I just ordered our park tickets from UT and I just had to come here to do a little of this , since you guys understand and my DH just doesn't quite get it.

Only 75 more days until we are enjoying the holiday decorations at WL-CL!!
You're going to love the OFC and the beautifully decorated Lodge and Villas

Quote:
When staying CL, the only thing that will be different if you do OCI is you won't have to show a credit card when you check-in since you'll be inputting that info. for OCI. It won't hurt at all to do it, and I do it only for that reason. It seems more "magical" not having to present a credit card at check-in

If you have any CL room location requests, you'll want to either email the IPO with them or call.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:30 PM   #2679
cruisinaz
Mouseketeer

7 days away

So excited that in 7 days I will be at the incredible WL!!!!

Disneyland/California Adventure April, 2011; April 2010; May 2009

Other cruise lines:
Carnival Breeze - December 2, 2012
Oasis of the Seas - December 11, 2010
Jewel of the Seas - December, 2005
Sensation - September, 2005
Destiny - December, 2004
Paradise - May, 2004
Holiday - May, 2001
Old 09-25-2013, 01:36 PM   #2680
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisinaz View Post
So excited that in 7 days I will be at the incredible WL!!!!
YAY! Have you ever been to WL?
Old 09-25-2013, 04:24 PM   #2681
Liberator
Mouseketeer

we just came back home today after 16 nights in Orlando

we spent the first 5 nights at the Wilderness Lodge starting at Sep. 8

Arrived rather late with the Magical Express and were the only ones on the bus to get off there

we were directly greeted by a CM asking us if we did online check-in. YES WE DID

we were tired after 10hrs flight but were so excited at the same time. The lobby is stunning!
The very good looking (!!!!! ) young lady (earning her ears!) handed us out our room keys and gave us some information about the resort.

we booked a standard view, I made a request for a high floor.
ended up in room 6118 on the south side. I guess it is supposed to be a woods view!? it was a short walk to the elevators, the view from the balcony was good and we have not heard a single noise from outside.

we loved the room!!!! I will post some pictures later
it was very clean (except the empty bottles in the recycle-trash-can).
one of the sinks was not working like it was supposed to. the water did not flow away very well (oh my god I don't know how to express it in English.......)

next morning I brushed my teeth, shaved my beard and all the mess was stuck in the sink....it was totally broken then.

I made my way to Roaring Fork for some mugs and went back to the room, stopping at the front desk first to tell the very friendly CM about the sink.

I went back to the room to tell my friend that maintenance will be there soon. Before I ended my sentences maintenance knocked on the door. It was very embarassing that they had to put their hands into my leftovers of my beard and my brushed teeth..but I think they had to put their hands into even more gross stuff. They did a great job and fixed the sink within 5 minutes.

The resort is truly amazing. We used the pool and the hot tub very often. One afternoon a lady walked up to a CM at the pool to tell him that there is a snake at the waterfall. Another CM with a "snake bag" and a tool to grab the snake showed up as fast as maintenance showed up to fix our sink.

we loved the toilet flush. Yes!!! have never had a flush like this here in Germany. wow! We talked about the american ways to flush toilets very often. I have been to the USA several times but could not remember these great things! when we checked into royal pacific resort at Universal we were not very happy about the flush. But after that we checked into Pop Century and the flush was even better than the one at Wilderness Lodge. Disney does a great job of installing heavy flushed toilets!!!

the waiting for buses was rather long, especially for buses to Hollywood Studios. But we were fine with it. One day we waited for a bus to the Studios about 20 minutes. The bus showed up but we were not allowed to enter because a pregnant woman shared her breakfast and lunch on the floor of the bus. We felt so bad for her and we had to wait another 10-15 minutes for a new bus.

I would definetly book this resort again!
It was a very slow time, we were told that not many rooms were occupied. At the parks most of the rides were walk on. We even had a walk-on on Soarin' and Test Track. TSM was only a 10 minute wait one day.

Thanks to the lady who gave me her detergent and thanks to the man who explained me how to use the rather queer looking washing machine and dryer.

we noticed some spanish/portugese speaking people during the 16 nights. their attitude is fairly bad, they do not understand the easiest things (going down a slide only when the light is green etc.)

we refused to sit with them on splash mountain for example because we found 99,9% of these people annoying. No tour groups, but very loud talking and loud-living families. I know it is their "natural" attitude, but we just do not like this attitude. they receive a lot of phone calls and they start talking like crazy. It feels like they live in their own little world.

Like stated above I will post some pictures later!

Universal Orlando visits: 2008 Offsite *** 2009 Offsite *** 2013 Royal Pacific Resort
Old 09-25-2013, 04:34 PM   #2682
RedheadRinger
Mouseketeer

Liberator, thank you for the trip report. I think that you did a fine job with your English. Your English is much better then my German. I don't speak a word of it.
I am glad that you enjoyed your trip.
The word that you were looking for to describe the flowing away of the water is, "drain".
Old 09-25-2013, 04:49 PM   #2683
rhondakg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric in TX View Post
Rhonda -

I've heard people say that they are still issuing Keys To The World cards as a backup to the Magic Bands. If you choose not to use the MB, you could still use the KTTW card's RFID technology for park entrance, charging to your room, etc. But I cannot recall anyone specifically stating that you could also use FP+ with the KTTW cards.

Your best bet for an answer is probably one of the many MB or FP+ threads on the Theme Parks Attractions & Strategy forum.
Thanks for your response!!! much appreciated - I will check another thread - I just read on this thread someone got to choose the fp selections but was not at that time given the option for the mb - so I couldn't figure out how you could choose fp w/out the bands....ANY WAY LOOKS LIKE EVERYONE IS GETTING THEIR BANDS so this is great news for us December stays...
Old 09-25-2013, 05:05 PM   #2684
bmay
Earning My Ears

I've been able to book FPP but I still have no MBs
Old 09-25-2013, 05:26 PM   #2685
BabyFu18
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Thank you. When they say that the Military Rate is "sold-out," they really mean it isn't available/included. I've tried many times for many years and it's actually never been included (at least since last month) at WL with the Military Rate. When a CM once told me it was "sold-out," I ask her to check multiple dates and as far ahead as she could, just to see if it was ever available, and she couldn't find it available in a one year period. I am very surprised it was included in the General Public discount, as I've never been able to get it with an AP Rate either. Thank you for letting us know that you did in fact apply a 30% off rate to the Deluxe room. Congratulations! .
Thanks!

Yeah I was looking into the military room only discount because we've used it several times in the past, but I'm starting to think it's not available at certain times of the year or the rooms set aside for that discount are extremely limited durning the holiday season. We booked the Polynesian with the military discount this past summer (August) and was able to get two rooms without a problem a few weeks before our travel date (it was a last minute resort switch). But honestly, I'm just happy to get any type of discount, every penny counts especially around the holidays.

Another question for anyone who has any info, I saw some CL info that says you should be receiving an email from IPO to help with trip planning, I haven't received anything from anyone except our reservation confirmation. However, I was looking for some help getting a dining reservation I couldn't get and had some questions about other activities that I thought I might be able to get help with. Do I need to email them if I never received any type of correspondence? I feel weird about for some reason, I don't want to put anyone out or bother someone...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: