Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 07:45 AM   #2626
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

3 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-24-2013, 07:55 AM   #2627
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrycm View Post
3 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
awesome!!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2013, 08:25 AM   #2628
Jedimike
Mouseketeer

One Week Away!

Hi Wilderness Lodgers!! We're sneaking in a trip next week for Friday night's MNSSHP. My girls have a fall break on Thursday and Friday, so we were going to drive down on Thursday, do the MNSSHP on Friday, then drive back on Saturday. Well, that turned into a fly down on Tuesday after school, spend four days in the parks, and fly back on Sunday. Funny how that happens.

Anyway, this will be our first time staying at the Wilderness Lodge, thought I'd drop by to say Hi! Looking forward to it!
[2001 - All-Star Movies] [2007 - All-Star Music] [2009 - Caribbean Beach] [2011 - Animal Kingdom Lodge / Contemporary] [2012 - Grand Floridian] [2012 - Art of Animation (Little Mermaid)/ Polynesian] [2013 - Wilderness Lodge] [2014 - Polynesian]
Old 09-24-2013, 09:36 AM   #2629
DisneyDmbNut

WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimike View Post
Hi Wilderness Lodgers!! We're sneaking in a trip next week for Friday night's MNSSHP. My girls have a fall break on Thursday and Friday, so we were going to drive down on Thursday, do the MNSSHP on Friday, then drive back on Saturday. Well, that turned into a fly down on Tuesday after school, spend four days in the parks, and fly back on Sunday. Funny how that happens.

Anyway, this will be our first time staying at the Wilderness Lodge, thought I'd drop by to say Hi! Looking forward to it!
wow! Cool!!! I started having chest pain when I saw you were driving from Tx on Thursday and leaving on Saturday...lol. Glad you get to add a few extra days!
Old 09-24-2013, 09:59 AM   #2630
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:

funny how that happens Our Mardi Gras quick getaway has turned into a 7 day trip also!!! I'm so glad DH is so understanding!!!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
Old 09-24-2013, 10:00 AM   #2631
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
wow! Cool!!! I started having chest pain when I saw you were driving from Tx on Thursday and leaving on Saturday...lol. Glad you get to add a few extra days!
OH man, mine was too!!!!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
Old 09-24-2013, 12:33 PM   #2632
BabyFu18
DIS Veteran

To the person who asked about me booking a deluxe room and applying a discount, I was able to apply a 30% off discount to the room. Originally I asked about the military discount but was told it was sold out at all the deluxe resorts we were looking into (I find that hard to believe since I had 5 different hotels I was interested in, but I did speak to two different people and was told the same thing each time). So after that I asked if anything was available with the general public up to 30% off code and was put on hold when the CM came back she offered me a standard view at AKL or the Deluxe CL room at WL both of which she said were 30% off rates.

I ended up hanging up, doing my own calculations to make sure the prices I was given were actually discounted and they were, so we ended up going with the WL. Other resorts I was looking into were all three of the monorail resort as well as BC and BWI, I was told nothing with a discount was available at any of those resort for our time frame but that I was welcome to keep trying back to see if something came available. We went ahead with the WL because it seemed to be our best option for the money.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:43 PM   #2633
APiratesLifeForMe2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Wilderness Lodgers!! We're sneaking in a trip next week for Friday night's MNSSHP. My girls have a fall break on Thursday and Friday, so we were going to drive down on Thursday, do the MNSSHP on Friday, then drive back on Saturday. Well, that turned into a fly down on Tuesday after school, spend four days in the parks, and fly back on Sunday. Funny how that happens. Anyway, this will be our first time staying at the Wilderness Lodge, thought I'd drop by to say Hi! Looking forward to it!
Oh my gosh that sounds like the best change in trip plans ever!

1988 Off Site, 1992 Off Site, 1996 ASMusic, 2000 CBR, 2004 POR, 2007 Poly, 2009 POFQ, 2010 POP, 2011 POP, 2013 WL
Old 09-24-2013, 01:53 PM   #2634
My2CrazyGirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
i knew this was coming after that child drown at Pop a few months ago. Sad..I love to go at night and get in the hot tub before bed..but then again, I don't think I have been out late except one time in August.

I don't think I will like looking at ugly fences either. I remember how pretty the YC pool was before they put all the fencing up to prevent people from going in.
Oh no! No, hot tub for my husband at 6am? That is not cool
Old 09-24-2013, 02:04 PM   #2635
DisneyDmbNut

WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2CrazyGirls View Post
that's how I feel...except usually at night..because my feet and legs are usually sore after all the walking
Old 09-24-2013, 02:07 PM   #2636
kribarry
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know what hours pool use will be restricted to?

We do love a good late night hot tub (but late by my standards is 10 or 11!)
Old 09-24-2013, 02:20 PM   #2637
terri33inne
Mouseketeer

Here now & I was so excited to stay here after reading all the positive reviews & our first time staying deluxe. The pros: the boat to cr & Mk, super convenient especially when leaving the park. We can see wishes from our room. My daughter loves her bunk bed, & mouse keeping is fabulous. The cons: our room is directly above Whispering & it is very loud. I've had a cold shower 2 out of 4mornings. The qs restaurant is small with very limited selections. Hands down the worst part is the bus transportation to the other parks... Yesterday we waited forever in the a.m for a bus to Epcot while 2 Mk & 2 ft wilderness buses came in the interim... then when it finally came it left here & went to ft wilderness. Our bus today to dtd & the other day
to HS both stopped at grand Floridian after here. I've stayed value & moderate before & both had much better bus transportation, better food courts, and were not as loud. I know I'm in the minority in this thread but I'm not terribly impressed given what I'm paying to stay here. I get that I'm paying for convenience/location but that becomes a wash when it takes 4x as long to get to any other resort.

Best way to get over the end of your last trip is to start planning your next trip!
Old 09-24-2013, 02:27 PM   #2638
DPCummerbund
Mouseketeer

Several sites & threads on the board have mentioned a change coming to all WDW pools - they will all be fenced in & gate for resort guests only. They will also only be open while lifeguards are present.

I love the WL pool area, and while I'm in favor of keeping non-resort guests out, I really don't see how they can fence the pool area in. The boardwalk from the dock goes right through the pool area before following the stream up to the lobby. I really don't see how Disney is going to do this. Does anyone have any ideas?
Old 09-24-2013, 02:41 PM   #2639
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2CrazyGirls View Post
Quote:
that's how I feel...except usually at night..because my feet and legs are usually sore after all the walking
That's the reason you book a DVC one bedroom or larger. You get a jetted tub in your bathroom.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:56 PM   #2640
DisneyDmbNut

WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
That's the reason you book a DVC one bedroom or larger. You get a jetted tub in your bathroom.
That is what we did last month!!! We had a girls weekend and too tired to walk to the pool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kribarry View Post
Does anyone know what hours pool use will be restricted to?

We do love a good late night hot tub (but late by my standards is 10 or 11!)
True. I was upset at first but most of my nights, I am in bed by 11 ...lol
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: