Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 07:21 PM   #2596
kribarry
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondakg View Post

Let us all know when you get to customize your bands.....I thought I read you get that opportunity after you do your online check in - It will be nice to know how soon after online check in you do get to customize.... pixie dust to you ...
Will do! I am excited to see if they extend into November or go live. Nothing yet- no mb's or FP+...just the FP+ for lunch at BOG so far!
Old 09-22-2013, 07:26 PM   #2597
sweetnjmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondakg View Post
Let us all know when you get to customize your bands.....I thought I read you get that opportunity after you do your online check in - It will be nice to know how soon after online check in you do get to customize.... pixie dust to you ...
I'll be there on 11/11... haven't done online check-in yet. Not sure why I'm waiting. It just seems odd to check in 49 days out.

Past trips off property: 4/80, 1/81, 6/94 and 5/09
Past trips on property: 8/90 GF, 10/96 CBR, 11/01 ASM, 5/02 POR, 5/06 CSR, 11/13 WL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2013, 10:43 PM   #2598
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Our trip is almost here! I am going downstairs to get the suitcases in a few minutes. We'll be at the Lodge soon!
Happy packing! You're in the home stretch!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWillowBay View Post
38 days! 38 of the longest days of my life, I'm afraid! I need the Lodge!!
The seemingly long days will go by quickly... promise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kribarry View Post
54 days until we get to make it "home"!! 11/15 at WL and 11/16-11/23 in a 2BR at VWL. This will be my 4th visit to WL and my 3rd to VWL...we are so excited! Now just to hope for some magicbands!
You'll be coming home soon!
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 09-22-2013, 11:22 PM   #2599
AndreaA
Mouseketeer

No bounce-back?

I just got back from staying at VWL and never received a bounce-back offer. Is that something they email? I thought it was slipped under the door on check-out day.

Wilderness Lodge - Oct.2012
Villas @ WL - Sept.2013

Contemporary - Jan. 2015
Villas @ WL - Nov. 2015
Old 09-23-2013, 01:22 AM   #2600
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by kribarry View Post
Will do! I am excited to see if they extend into November or go live. Nothing yet- no mb's or FP+...just the FP+ for lunch at BOG so far!
This seems to work for everyone but me. I do not know what to type in the reservation ID. My resort reservation number does not work. I cannot get passed the page without it. Is this only open by special invitation or can anyone book if?
Old 09-23-2013, 02:38 AM   #2601
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

I figured it out. There is a different reservation number listed on MDE for anyone else needing the info.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:07 AM   #2602
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaA View Post
No bounce-back?

I just got back from staying at VWL and never received a bounce-back offer. Is that something they email? I thought it was slipped under the door on check-out day.
The bounce back is now tucked into your welcome packet instead of being laid out on the table.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 09-23-2013, 05:38 AM   #2603
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

I broke into the 30's today!! 39 days!!!!

I have a busy October so it should go fast.. We have a overnight trip for my work, then DH and I are going to Alabama for the Vintage Motorcycle race and the Auburn homecoming game...then the Lodge!!!

I keep hoping for Magic Bands.. They were telling the travel agents they should be out by the middle of October.

As I speak, the news just came on to say Disney is no longer allowing handicap visitors to skip to the head of the line. Sad that people abused this benefit and now Disney has to stop it.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:32 AM   #2604
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

I cannot believe in only 4 more days I will be on my way to the WL!!!! have to start deciding what shorts and t shirts to pack!!!!!!!! I am only bringing one suitcase since we plan on just using the pool everyday and only visiting a couple parks. Going to MNSSHP on Friday and have dinner in Epcot on Saturday. Going to just relax and enjoy the resort this trip.

We will be heading down to the Beach Club in just 71 more days for our family trip where we will be in all parks everyday with our children and grandchildren!!!

Old 09-23-2013, 08:30 AM   #2605
sweetnjmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
As I speak, the news just came on to say Disney is no longer allowing handicap visitors to skip to the head of the line. Sad that people abused this benefit and now Disney has to stop it.
An acquaintance on another message board with an Autistic son is now canceling her trip because of the changes because he is unable to handle waits. I feel badly for her on one hand, but do understand why Disney has to make changes. Though I didn't think Disney had shared anything about the changes--only that they were making them.

Past trips off property: 4/80, 1/81, 6/94 and 5/09
Past trips on property: 8/90 GF, 10/96 CBR, 11/01 ASM, 5/02 POR, 5/06 CSR, 11/13 WL
Old 09-23-2013, 11:25 AM   #2606
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnjmom View Post
An acquaintance on another message board with an Autistic son is now canceling her trip because of the changes because he is unable to handle waits. I feel badly for her on one hand, but do understand why Disney has to make changes. Though I didn't think Disney had shared anything about the changes--only that they were making them.
This really is a shame, but I have seen it abused first hand. I was tying to get into the new single rider queue for the Matterhorn at Disneyland and accidentally got into the guest assistance line (thinking they were the same). I realized it when a Mom with her adult son (most likely aged 18-20) who had cerebral palsy and four of their guests/family/friends were in front of me. She did not realize the cars had changed and did not think it would be safe for her son to ride in the new version (looking out for her son, good Mom, I thought). Then, she asked if the rest of the party can ride without him, and the CM said yes! All of the other able bodied people boarded leaving him there. Disgusted, I went and found the proper single rider line, which had almost no wait. I literally waited longer in the wrong line than I waited in the right one. My older DS did not want to ride, and my younger DS was too small, so DH and I took turns doing the single rider.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:49 AM   #2607
DisneyDmbNut

WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnjmom View Post
The news came on later in the broadcast and said you would be able to get a "Handicap Pass" that would work like a Fast Pass..Not sure how this will help stop people from abusing it since, according to ADA laws, no one can ASK or Question someone who asks for disability dispensation.

Side note..this is causing a problem down here..so many people have dogs they take EVERYWHERE...no one can question them..all the person has to do is say it is a therapy dog. True service animal trainers say this is causing problems for people who truly need them
Old 09-23-2013, 12:41 PM   #2608
goofynut41
Disney Veteran

WELL.... looks like we will just be visiting the WONDERFUL WILDERNESS LODGE instead of staying there... funds just didn't add up like I wanted them too... BUT we still are going staying at SOG and hoping to go back in Sept of next year, SOG again... got a really good rate for then.. two trips still less than one visit to the Lodge. Maybe in the future we can come back and stay here again.... Gonna spend a lot of time at the lodge tho, got two dining reservations here.. So if you need to take me off the log go ahead... BUT I'm still going to DISNEYWORLD!!!!!

Old 09-23-2013, 01:20 PM   #2609
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Walt Disney World Resorts to Enforce Pool Hours

Leah Zanolla | Posted: Sep 22, 2013 | Updated: Sep 22, 2013 - 8:43:15 PM

New rules will be in force for the pools at the Walt Disney World resorts beginning this November. Not all the pools are fenced in, so even when they are officially closed, guests are still able to swim, though there are no lifeguards overnight. Fences will be added around any pools that don't currently have them, so guests will only have access when there are lifeguards on duty. The pools will be closed from 11:00pm to 7:00am.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:27 PM   #2610
DisneyDmbNut

WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Walt Disney World Resorts to Enforce Pool Hours

Leah Zanolla | Posted: Sep 22, 2013 | Updated: Sep 22, 2013 - 8:43:15 PM

New rules will be in force for the pools at the Walt Disney World resorts beginning this November. Not all the pools are fenced in, so even when they are officially closed, guests are still able to swim, though there are no lifeguards overnight. Fences will be added around any pools that don't currently have them, so guests will only have access when there are lifeguards on duty. The pools will be closed from 11:00pm to 7:00am.
i knew this was coming after that child drown at Pop a few months ago. Sad..I love to go at night and get in the hot tub before bed..but then again, I don't think I have been out late except one time in August.

I don't think I will like looking at ugly fences either. I remember how pretty the YC pool was before they put all the fencing up to prevent people from going in.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: