Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 10:40 AM   #2581
Amycakes78
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailgirl r

There is no foot cream. We have shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, and shower gel.
No foot cream in the room, but they have it in the gift shop. It was well worth spending the extra money on it!
Old 09-21-2013, 11:38 AM   #2582
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Hellooooo from the Lodge. A little overcast but a beautiful day today, it's supposed to go down below 70 tonight for the first time since May.

Thank you for posting this! Beautiful!!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2013, 12:19 PM   #2583
psac
DIS Veteran

A few more while we're waiting for our room to be ready on the Fantasy.

Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 09-21-2013, 12:46 PM   #2584
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Quote:

Oh!! My friend is sailing on the fantasy today!! She and her husband Pete.. She has a lime green shirt with a Mickey appliqué today
Old 09-21-2013, 01:24 PM   #2585
Amycakes78
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubel88
Just walked passed a wedding ceremony on the fourth floor balcony facing the courtyard. What an awesome location. Congratulations to the happy couple.
I saw the bridal party waiting in the lobby yesterday morning! The flower girl was adorable, and the bride looked beautiful. Dbf became my df while we were there! He proposed Tuesday at the magic kingdom. Now I am trying to talk him into a Disney wedding when we return next year. We fell so in love with the lodge and decided to book the bounce back. I think I am suffering from post Disney depression after getting back home last night.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:40 PM   #2586
francileb
Mouseketeer

Kind of off topic, but relevant for all of you who will be there toward the end of October with the magicbands: the BOG fastpass+ option for our week (10/26-10/30) just opened up. It looks like October is available, but November isn't yet. We were able to make FP+ ressies for BOG lunch for 10/27!

I just wanted to let everyone here know http://www.beourguestlunch.disney.go.com/

It also doesn't look like this kind of FP+ counts against your 3 for the day. I already had 3 scheduled, and it didn't ask me to replace any of them.

Good luck
Old 09-22-2013, 12:07 AM   #2587
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amycakes78 View Post
No foot cream in the room, but they have it in the gift shop. It was well worth spending the extra money on it!
Agreed. I liked it so much I bought it when I got back. I may buy another one before I leave. If not, thanks for the tip about the gift shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by francileb View Post
Kind of off topic, but relevant for all of you who will be there toward the end of October with the magicbands: the BOG fastpass+ option for our week (10/26-10/30) just opened up. It looks like October is available, but November isn't yet. We were able to make FP+ ressies for BOG lunch for 10/27! I just wanted to let everyone here know http://www.beourguestlunch.disney.go.com/ It also doesn't look like this kind of FP+ counts against your 3 for the day. I already had 3 scheduled, and it didn't ask me to replace any of them. Good luck
We want to have lunch there on 10/30, so I am bummed this did not work for me. I do not even see an option to book BOG. Thanks for the tip though.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:42 AM   #2588
GaBelle
DIS Veteran

We left the Lodge on Friday and are now back home.
We had an amazing time and thoroughly loved WL.
Thanks to everyone here for such wonderful info, especially Kook!
Old 09-22-2013, 01:55 PM   #2589
jey
Mouseketeer

Plans are made! We will be at the Lodge January 24- February 1! The WL is the only resort for us. We are finally eating at Artist Point! January can't get here soon enough.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:19 PM   #2590
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
I am so excited!! DH said we could go to the MNSSHP on Nov 1!!! He is not into Disney like DD and I are... So this is big for him!! DD is excited.. She is going to dress in "Disney Bound" attire like Bianca from The Rescuers ... Cute!!
How cute. Hope we get to see a photo sometime.

Quote:
We just went to AP tonight. I wore jeans and a polo shirt, my wife wore capris and a nice shirt. We definitely were NOT under dressed. A lot of people in shorts.

Overall, Artist Point was WAY better than we were expecting. We ate there maybe 4 years ago, and we thought it was just okay. Back then some things were good, others weren't, and the service wasn't good at all.

This time the service (Keith, very friendly and good recommendations) and food were both INCREDIBLE. I had the slow cooked bacon appetizer that Keith recommended, OMG fantastic, my wife had the heirloom tomato and mozzerella salad, very good. For main course, my wife had the salmon, really good, especially with the short rib spring roll that it came with. I had the specialty trio -- buffalo steak, venison loin, and rabbit sausage, $49. It was a huge portion, and everything was delicious. The picture doesn't do it justice.

We were too full for dessert. The cocktails we had were also well made. Overall one of the top 2 or 3 meals we've ever had at WDW (we come a lot. ). Total was $143 for two with TIW, 3 drinks total. We're going to make plans to come back in April, which we were not planning to do at all!

(Venison on the left, sausage in middle, buffalo on the far side -- three big pieces under the greens, with spaetzle and lots of veggies.)
Thanks for posting your review and photo of AP. The trio sounds great and I don't recall that being offered last year. Hope you're enjoying all the cruise food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
It's so nice to log into this thread early in the morning and see the latest pics!!! What is it about the WL pics that are so relaxing??
Remember when Kenny Roger's Roasters chicken place used to be in business? His motto was, "It's the wood that makes it good." That's kind of how I feel about WL.

Quote:
Very nice and I hope you're having a great time aboard The Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amycakes78 View Post
I saw the bridal party waiting in the lobby yesterday morning! The flower girl was adorable, and the bride looked beautiful. Dbf became my df while we were there! He proposed Tuesday at the magic kingdom. Now I am trying to talk him into a Disney wedding when we return next year. We fell so in love with the lodge and decided to book the bounce back. I think I am suffering from post Disney depression after getting back home last night.
Congratulations, Amy! How exciting! If you need any help with planning, I know lots of us would love to help you plan - vicariously, of course. Please keep us posted. Will you be doing a PTR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by francileb View Post
Kind of off topic, but relevant for all of you who will be there toward the end of October with the magicbands: the BOG fastpass+ option for our week (10/26-10/30) just opened up. It looks like October is available, but November isn't yet. We were able to make FP+ ressies for BOG lunch for 10/27!

I just wanted to let everyone here know http://www.beourguestlunch.disney.go.com/

It also doesn't look like this kind of FP+ counts against your 3 for the day. I already had 3 scheduled, and it didn't ask me to replace any of them.

Good luck
Thank you for posting your experience for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBelle View Post
We left the Lodge on Friday and are now back home.
We had an amazing time and thoroughly loved WL.
Thanks to everyone here for such wonderful info, especially Kook!
Awww, thanks, GaBelle. It's truly a Lodge Team effort. You will have to plan a trip back soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jey View Post
Plans are made! We will be at the Lodge January 24- February 1! The WL is the only resort for us. We are finally eating at Artist Point! January can't get here soon enough.
Yippee! I'll add you to the first page and happy planning
Old 09-22-2013, 03:17 PM   #2591
AndreaA
Mouseketeer

Just got back!

We spent an amazing week at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge. Last year we had a deluxe room in the lodge itself and didn't want to go back to having only one room (we have toddlers!) so the villas seemed a good fit. Still, I was a bit nervous having read some reviews that said they were shabby and in need of repair.

Well, to be honest, there WERE a few things that could have been fixed (broken tile on the outside wall of the tub, tv stand a bit beat up, bathroom floor not perfectly clean - found a plastic tag thingie and a hair on the first day and later dropped a pill, couldn't find it, and found it later after the room had been cleaned) but certainly nothing that affected our enjoyment. We were on the fourth floor with a view of the lake and Hidden Springs pool. SO peaceful and quiet! PLENTY of room for all of us to spread out, and really nice to have the kitchen area although we never cooked and ended up buying too much snack food from Garden Grocer.

My boys adored the pools this year (they weren't good swimmers last year) and we could hardly get them out even to go to the parks!

Ate three meals at Whispering Canyon Cafe - breakfast, lunch and dinner! - on different days. All were very good, but I think breakfast was our favorite. During lunch though, we had the best server. Our boys were very grumpy and out of sorts from being out late at MNSSHP AND the bustle of it being "check-out" day. One of them only wanted "eggs! eggs!", and the server got the kitchen to make a fried egg for him and scrambled eggs for our other son at no charge!

The only sour spot occurred at the pool. We arrived a bit after lunchtime, planning to let the boys go in the water while I ran in to get food. Some very nice older ladies were just getting up from their table and moving to the table next to it, so I asked if we could have it. One of them gladly let us take it and mentioned that someone had been "holding" the table they were moving to with towels on the chairs since morning-time.

Well, just as I arrived back with the food, another older woman came up and said that was her table. Then an extremely loud woman barged up declaring that we were at their table, etc., etc., etc.. The older women who had given us the table piped up and said that actually THEY were at "their" table, but that holding tables was not allowed. This went on for some minutes and they ended up spraying suncreen all around our food while I simply told them to go get a manager if they had a problem. She stomped off and a minute later the husband ended up coming over to put his cup down, and asked if he could just share, and that he'd just come down from a nap and didn't know what was going on (so yeah, not exactly "at the table"!) and we were fine with that.

We just wanted a place to sit for fifteen minutes while we ate, for goodness' sake. If they had been polite to begin with instead of stridently telling us to move, then we would have told them as much! We don't exactly linger outside the pool when we've got the boys to play with. I was very happy that the other women were so nice and actually more vociferous than we were in declaring that we deserved to sit there. One of them even dragged over one of those "do not hold chairs with personal items" signs.

ANYWAY, we finished our lunch, threw our stuff away and headed for the pool. We did say good-bye to the nice ladies later as we were heading off to get dressed for MNSSHP, and they gave us bottles of orange juice for the boys. SO, I guess the moral of my story is that for every nasty person out there, there is at least one nice person to make the day a little more magical. I will add that I never actually looked the rude woman in the face - I was busy attending to my boys and just kept repeating that we had been given the table, that people aren't allowed to "save" them, and that we were staying - so I wondered for the rest of our trip if I was running into her accidentally. I'm a bit chatty and always try to be helpful to people, so for all I know I pleasantly held a door or gave her a beaming smile the next morning.

I am still working on editing my pictures but will post some soon!!

Wilderness Lodge - Oct.2012
Villas @ WL - Sept.2013

Old 09-22-2013, 04:01 PM   #2592
kribarry
Earning My Ears

54 days until we get to make it "home"!! 11/15 at WL and 11/16-11/23 in a 2BR at VWL. This will be my 4th visit to WL and my 3rd to VWL...we are so excited! Now just to hope for some magicbands!
Old 09-22-2013, 04:28 PM   #2593
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Our trip is almost here! I am going downstairs to get the suitcases in a few minutes. We'll be at the Lodge soon!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
Old 09-22-2013, 05:55 PM   #2594
DWillowBay
DIS Veteran

38 days! 38 of the longest days of my life, I'm afraid! I need the Lodge!!

ASMo -1999, POP -2006, DLR - 2007, ASMo -2008, ASMu -2009, BCV - 2010, CSR - 2011, POFQ - 2012, BC - 2012, WL / CR - 2013 POR - 2014, POP! - 2014 POFQ - 2014 SO Blessed !
Old 09-22-2013, 06:05 PM   #2595
rhondakg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kribarry View Post
54 days until we get to make it "home"!! 11/15 at WL and 11/16-11/23 in a 2BR at VWL. This will be my 4th visit to WL and my 3rd to VWL...we are so excited! Now just to hope for some magicbands!
Let us all know when you get to customize your bands.....I thought I read you get that opportunity after you do your online check in - It will be nice to know how soon after online check in you do get to customize.... pixie dust to you ...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: