Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 06:56 PM   #2566
trailgirl r
Are we there yet?

Someone asked recently about shower gel. We are staying Club level this trip and we do have shower gel. We've never had shower gel before when staying Club though.

We're off to have dinner at Whispering Canyon!

Old 09-20-2013, 07:01 PM   #2567
psac
DIS Veteran

Hellooooo from the Lodge. A little overcast but a beautiful day today, it's supposed to go down below 70 tonight for the first time since May.

Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2013, 07:20 PM   #2568
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

We have Artist Point reservation next week. How dressed up do we need to be? Are khakis and a collared shirt dressy enough for DH? ? Capris for me?

Old 09-20-2013, 07:21 PM   #2569
Royal Consort
And I thought a Park Hopper was just a Kangaroo in a native reserve.

We requested a standard view room on the 6th floor. It's probably been asked before but I can't find it. Do these rooms have the open balcony rather than the 'pit' ones?
Old 09-20-2013, 07:24 PM   #2570
R2-JD
It was all started by Walt Disney!

Welcome to the Lodge psac! Have a great time! It is a beautiful place.

As low as 70F? That is 21C to us! I miss the heat as we came home to cold weather. Our high today was 12C or 53F and we have not seen the sun since we left WDW on Monday. Stupid clouds.

JD
2013(Sept) WDW Wilderness Lodge
Old 09-20-2013, 07:41 PM   #2571
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Consort View Post
We requested a standard view room on the 6th floor. It's probably been asked before but I can't find it. Do these rooms have the open balcony rather than the 'pit' ones?
On the sixth floor only the rooms at the East end of the wings have enclosed balconies, and these are considered Woods or Courtyard view. The standard view rooms have CL rooms above them and open balconies, so if you wind up getting a standard view room you should be good. Upgrades do occur though, so if you really don't want an enclosed balcony it might be good to request an open one.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:46 PM   #2572
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2-JD View Post
Welcome to the Lodge psac! Have a great time! It is a beautiful place. As low as 70F? That is 21C to us! I miss the heat as we came home to cold weather. Our high today was 12C or 53F and we have not seen the sun since we left WDW on Monday. Stupid clouds. JD
Brrr, that's cold! We don't have it that bad, but we sure had great weather in Florida and we miss it too. Although, come to think of it the weather at home could be perfect and I would miss WL too. Must plan return trip...
Old 09-20-2013, 08:47 PM   #2573
R2-JD
It was all started by Walt Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
Brrr, that's cold! We don't have it that bad, but we sure had great weather in Florida and we miss it too. Although, come to think of it the weather at home could be perfect and I would miss WL too. Must plan return trip...
Hi to you guys from DW and myself.

Yeah it is not normally this cold.

I have to agree with you, no matter what the weather here we miss WL too.

Keep us updated on the return trip plans. I look forward to ours in a couple of years.

JD
2013(Sept) WDW Wilderness Lodge
Old 09-20-2013, 09:05 PM   #2574
wunkmom
Tattooed, homeschooling, crocheting, cat wrangling SAHM!

Got our MBs for our 10/19-10/26 today! There is light at the end of this tunnel! I am soooooooo ready for this vacation!

Now I just have to panic about the packing.

10/2013 - WL - first Deluxe trip!! TRIP REPORT FORTHCOMING!!!
2/2011 - Off site, at Grandma's house, just Wunk & me.
9/2008 - ASSports - So much rain, so few people!
1/2006 - POR - Look Wunk, Santa gave us a trip to Disney!
11/2003 - CBR - Wunk's first trip - Thanksgiving with extended family.
6/1991 - Dolphin - Concierge Level - With my future husband - Subway convention (13th fastest sandwich maker in US!)

Old 09-20-2013, 09:26 PM   #2575
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

I am so excited!! DH said we could go to the MNSSHP on Nov 1!!! He is not into Disney like DD and I are... So this is big for him!! DD is excited.. She is going to dress in "Disney Bound" attire like Bianca from The Rescuers ... Cute!!
Old 09-20-2013, 09:42 PM   #2576
danceteachermom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin
We have Artist Point reservation next week. How dressed up do we need to be? Are khakis and a collared shirt dressy enough for DH? ? Capris for me?
Yes you will be fine as you described. Have a great time. We loved our meal there in April. I had filet, my daughter had scallops, and I can't remember what my hubby and son had but we all loved it. Creme Brûlée for dessert was divine.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:43 PM   #2577
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
We just went to AP tonight. I wore jeans and a polo shirt, my wife wore capris and a nice shirt. We definitely were NOT under dressed. A lot of people in shorts.

Overall, Artist Point was WAY better than we were expecting. We ate there maybe 4 years ago, and we thought it was just okay. Back then some things were good, others weren't, and the service wasn't good at all.

This time the service (Keith, very friendly and good recommendations) and food were both INCREDIBLE. I had the slow cooked bacon appetizer that Keith recommended, OMG fantastic, my wife had the heirloom tomato and mozzerella salad, very good. For main course, my wife had the salmon, really good, especially with the short rib spring roll that it came with. I had the specialty trio -- buffalo steak, venison loin, and rabbit sausage, $49. It was a huge portion, and everything was delicious. The picture doesn't do it justice.

We were too full for dessert. The cocktails we had were also well made. Overall one of the top 2 or 3 meals we've ever had at WDW (we come a lot. ). Total was $143 for two with TIW, 3 drinks total. We're going to make plans to come back in April, which we were not planning to do at all!

(Venison on the left, sausage in middle, buffalo on the far side -- three big pieces under the greens, with spaetzle and lots of veggies.)
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 09-20-2013, 11:16 PM   #2578
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailgirl r View Post
Someone asked recently about shower gel. We are staying Club level this trip and we do have shower gel. We've never had shower gel before when staying Club though. We're off to have dinner at Whispering Canyon!
Do they have the foot cream? It really soothes sore, tired feet. We had that at our last stay at GF CL. I wonder if WL has it.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:22 AM   #2579
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Zippa D Doodah: That was great!!! It is EXACTLY how I look when my trips get close!!!

It's so nice to log into this thread early in the morning and see the latest pics!!! What is it about the WL pics that are so relaxing??
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
Old 09-21-2013, 07:29 AM   #2580
trailgirl r
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
Do they have the foot cream? It really soothes sore, tired feet. We had that at our last stay at GF CL. I wonder if WL has it.
There is no foot cream. We have shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, and shower gel.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: