Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 06:50 AM   #2551
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryCM View Post
I can officially say we will be at the WL in just 1 more week!!!!!!!!!!

:c ool1:
So very excited to go. We have a 7am flight, so will be arriving early. My plan is to go over to the MK to buy our MNSSHP military tickets. We have a 4:25 ADR at Liberty Tree and then will just people watch and enjoy the party.
I know how much you both need this trip!! So glad it's going to be here in 7 days!!!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
Old 09-20-2013, 08:06 AM   #2552
DoctorWhoGirl
Mouseketeer

How comfortable are the bed mattresses at the WL? My DH has a bad back and whines worse than a child if the bed isn't soft enough. Do they offer foam toppers upon request if available?

5 weeks from today we start our drive to FL after the kiddos get out of school for the day!!!!

ETA: Please add us to the Lodgers Log. We'll be at the WL Oct 27-31

WDW Vacations:
Nov 2012 - POFQ
Oct/Nov 2013 - WL & MNSSHP
Dec 2014 - POR - MVMCP
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2013, 09:42 AM   #2553
TandLMommy28
DIS Veteran

Today starts our official countdown. One year!

I had been planning to drive on this trip. It's 1100 miles but we are road warriors and I love a good road trip. But hubby told me he'd rather pay to fly, even though there are five of us now. That means instead of Sunday to Friday, we can stay Saturday to Saturday. Hoping we can still afford to stay WL the entire week. Otherwise might look into a split stay. We will see!
Old 09-20-2013, 11:27 AM   #2554
lulubel88
Mouseketeer

Just walked passed a wedding ceremony on the fourth floor balcony facing the courtyard. What an awesome location. Congratulations to the happy couple.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:25 PM   #2555
sweetnjmom
Mouseketeer

So excited! Linked all my reservations to My Disney Experience and I FINALLY see Wilderness Lodge Wood View! My TA apparently never withheld my resort reservation #, I just never noticed it on my paperwork. D'oh!

Only weird thing... our 5 Day Park Hopper tickets are showing up twice for all our profiles (me, DH and DS).

52 Days.

Past trips off property: 4/80, 1/81, 6/94 and 5/09
Past trips on property: 8/90 GF, 10/96 CBR, 11/01 ASM, 5/02 POR, 5/06 CSR, 11/13 WL
Old 09-20-2013, 12:41 PM   #2556
kristainohio
Mouseketeer

We are here now and on our last night of our trip we've spent a beautiful 10 days and 7 of those at WL CL. It's been wonderful!! We are in room 7056 and we can see a glorious view of wishes each night! I believe our room is standard view (that's what we booked) but DH requested this side and its beautiful! Plus the weather has been great!! Almost no rain!
Old 09-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #2557
Zippa D Doodah
Suffering from Fairy Alienation. Is there a program for that?
I'm such a shameless taghound!
I am an unabashed Q-tipper !

Oh myyy... I will be checking in at WL on Wednesday!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-20-2013, 02:48 PM   #2558
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceteachermom View Post
We were at the lodge in April and our DS6 loved the Cub's Den. We scheduled it for one night but he asked to go again. It is very small but the staff was great and there was plenty to do. He is looking forward to going back when we return. We had a family dinner at Artist Point as well and we loved it. It was a very good meal with a relaxing atmosphere. The only meal that topped it was Victoria and Alberts...which we also did for the first time on the April trip. We probably will not do V and A again for a very long time but we will be back to Artist Point in April.

Our trip is not until April of 2014 and I think of it every day. Spring break trip is what gets me through the crazy days....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
When we stayed at WL, we did the same exact thing. Dinner at Artist Point, and kids to the Cubs Den.

Dinner at Artist Point was wonderful! It was very quiet, and we had a nice view. Our server was so friendly and attentive. Here is my meal:

Our kids LOVED the Cubs Den! They have also been to the Sandcastle Club and liked Cubs Den equally. The CMs there are so wonderful, and the kids have a great time.
Thank you so much!
I think Artist Point will be the choice. Ds really like the kids club at AKL when we stayed there so I am sure he'll enjoy this one too. And dh and I will enjoy speaking to each other for a few hours without being interrupted every 3 minutes
Old 09-20-2013, 05:04 PM   #2559
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
I just remembered tonight why I look so forward to these vacations. It wasn't that it was a bad day.. but from start to finish it was a rush rush rush day. I could list it all, but I guarantee most of us live the same way with work and homes and pets and kids and responsibilities.
I think I must have thought to myself at least 10 times today "Only 86 days until Disney".
It's a great escape from real life. But I wonder where all the CMs go to escape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly Quinlan View Post
I'm starting to panic! I stopped looking at my ticker hoping it would go faster and now it's gone too fast. I feel like I'm running out of time to finish everything. I still have to finish my binder and now have added more shirts to paint, and I thought I would have been all packed by now
Don't panic! It will all get done. You have the whole weekend, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
We're doing our one night stay at VWL tomorrow. Woo hoo! We have ADRs at AP, so I'll try to post a review before we get on the ship on Saturday, otherwise for sure when we get back next weekend.
Are you there yet? Do we get some villa photos? Hope you're having a great vacation! Hey, weren't you just there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryCM View Post
I can officially say we will be at the WL in just 1 more week!!!!!!!!!!

:c ool1:
So very excited to go. We have a 7am flight, so will be arriving early. My plan is to go over to the MK to buy our MNSSHP military tickets. We have a 4:25 ADR at Liberty Tree and then will just people watch and enjoy the party.
Sounds great and I like your LTT ADR. It's cozy in there and rustic and reminds me of our second favorite vacation spot, Williamsburg. You and DH are going to have a much-deserved vacation that will make you smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
The buses here in Chicago now have a GPS system. People can check the internet to see where their buses are and when they will arrive. There are displays on some of the bus stop shelters that list when the next three buses will arrive. Disney could incorporate a system like that into their My Magic Experience apps so that people can check to see when their buses will arrive. If they can do it to predict the wait times for rides, they could certainly do it for buses.
HELLO? Disney IT? Have we got a gal for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorWhoGirl View Post
How comfortable are the bed mattresses at the WL? My DH has a bad back and whines worse than a child if the bed isn't soft enough. Do they offer foam toppers upon request if available?

5 weeks from today we start our drive to FL after the kiddos get out of school for the day!!!!

ETA: Please add us to the Lodgers Log. We'll be at the WL Oct 27-31
They were all replaced last year and I found them to be good - no sloping or sinking. IDK about the foam toppers

I will add you, but I won't be writing in Gallifreyan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TandLMommy28 View Post
Today starts our official countdown. One year!

I had been planning to drive on this trip. It's 1100 miles but we are road warriors and I love a good road trip. But hubby told me he'd rather pay to fly, even though there are five of us now. That means instead of Sunday to Friday, we can stay Saturday to Saturday. Hoping we can still afford to stay WL the entire week. Otherwise might look into a split stay. We will see!
Congrats on one year and why doesn't DH want to drive? We love driving each time and it's almost 900 miles for us. We have our favorite stops and hotel and we love being in control of everything and not having the hassle of airports, security, crazy people who go nuts on the planes, extra germs and being limited in baggage. (Boy, I just made flying sound good, huh?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubel88 View Post
Just walked passed a wedding ceremony on the fourth floor balcony facing the courtyard. What an awesome location. Congratulations to the happy couple.
How sweet. We saw a bride and groom in the WL lobby once. I love seeing Disney weddings. They are so magical and special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnjmom View Post
So excited! Linked all my reservations to My Disney Experience and I FINALLY see Wilderness Lodge Wood View! My TA apparently never withheld my resort reservation #, I just never noticed it on my paperwork. D'oh!

Only weird thing... our 5 Day Park Hopper tickets are showing up twice for all our profiles (me, DH and DS).

52 Days.
Look at the numbers on the PHs, are they identical? If so, you can deactivate one set, just make sure they are in fact duplicates. You can always reactivate them if you make a mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristainohio View Post
We are here now and on our last night of our trip we've spent a beautiful 10 days and 7 of those at WL CL. It's been wonderful!! We are in room 7056 and we can see a glorious view of wishes each night! I believe our room is standard view (that's what we booked) but DH requested this side and its beautiful! Plus the weather has been great!! Almost no rain!
The last day is so hard. Your room is about in the middle of the Woods View rooms. There aren't any Standard View CL bookings, but all CL booking are Standard Room bookings. That just means it isn't a suite or a Deluxe room. The views are not bookable. I'm glad you got the room you wanted and maybe we could see some view photos when you get home - safe travels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippa D Doodah View Post
Oh myyy... I will be checking in at WL on Wednesday!!!!!!!!!
WOW, Chris, ummm, ZDD, you really have been eating a lot more turkey burgers lately
Old 09-20-2013, 06:02 PM   #2560
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Congrats on one year and why doesn't DH want to drive? We love driving each time and it's almost 900 miles for us. We have our favorite stops and hotel and we love being in control of everything and not having the hassle of airports, security, crazy people who go nuts on the planes, extra germs and being limited in baggage. (Boy, I just made flying sound good, huh?)

Ummmm.... maybe that has something to do with perhaps maybeeeee you bring like 10 pieces of luggage (so a little ummm... birdie may have mentioned????

Oh, and
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 09-20-2013, 06:14 PM   #2561
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Ummmm.... maybe that has something to do with perhaps maybeeeee you bring like 10 pieces of luggage (so a little ummm... birdie may have mentioned????

Oh, and

Well, I have to pack for the many moods of George Costanza, ummm, WDWKOOK. Did I mention that the plane never gets to stop at Sonic?!

Old 09-20-2013, 06:27 PM   #2562
trailgirl r
Are we there yet?

We've arrived and were able to get our favorite room! It's a beautiful evening at WL. Humidity seems to be a little lower than usual.

Old 09-20-2013, 06:32 PM   #2563
DoctorWhoGirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
When we stayed at WL, we did the same exact thing. Dinner at Artist Point, and kids to the Cubs Den.

Dinner at Artist Point was wonderful! It was very quiet, and we had a nice view. Our server was so friendly and attentive. Here is my meal:

Our kids LOVED the Cubs Den! They have also been to the Sandcastle Club and liked Cubs Den equally. The CMs there are so wonderful, and the kids have a great time.
Is that the Buffalo Strip Steak? My mouth is watering just looking at it! DH and I are doing dinner at Artist Point our last night at the WL next month and sending the kids to Cubs Den as well.

WDW Vacations:
Nov 2012 - POFQ
Oct/Nov 2013 - WL & MNSSHP
Dec 2014 - POR - MVMCP
Old 09-20-2013, 06:43 PM   #2564
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailgirl r View Post
We've arrived and were able to get our favorite room! It's a beautiful evening at WL. Humidity seems to be a little lower than usual.

How great to have nice weather, your favorite room and lower crowds
Old 09-20-2013, 06:46 PM   #2565
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorWhoGirl View Post
Is that the Buffalo Strip Steak? My mouth is watering just looking at it! DH and I are doing dinner at Artist Point our last night at the WL next month and sending the kids to Cubs Den as well.
Not buffalo...just the regular steak, and it was delicious!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: