Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 05:21 PM   #2536
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

So my friend (and travel agent) is at Disney this week for their Earmarked convention.. According to what Disney told the agents, ALL resorts will have the magic bands by the 2-3 week of October.. I hope so!!!
Old 09-19-2013, 05:28 PM   #2537
DisneyDmbNut

WL Vet

Kook.. Did you just come back? I am still trying to find out if CL has Joffrey coffee
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2013, 05:44 PM   #2538
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
Kook.. Did you just come back? I am still trying to find out if CL has Joffrey coffee
LOL, I just posted to the CL thread that as of 9/5 the in-room coffee was switched, but not the lounge machine. I don't know if they changed to Joffrey's between the 5th and now. I returned over a month ago, but someone must be there now or after 9/5
Old 09-19-2013, 07:17 PM   #2539
pigletto
DIS Veteran

I just remembered tonight why I look so forward to these vacations. It wasn't that it was a bad day.. but from start to finish it was a rush rush rush day. I could list it all, but I guarantee most of us live the same way with work and homes and pets and kids and responsibilities.
I think I must have thought to myself at least 10 times today "Only 86 days until Disney".

I'm looking so forward to this trip.
And now for a question...
Dh and I do a date night if we can on our recent trips. I think I have narrowed it down to Citricos or Artist Point. I am leaning toward Artist Point because it's right in our resort. Has anyone tried it recently? I would love to hear your thoughts. We would put DS9 in the Cubs Den for a few hours.
Has anyone here used the Cubs Den for your kids and did they enjoy their time there?
Old 09-19-2013, 07:20 PM   #2540
DisneyDmbNut

WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
LOL, I just posted to the CL thread that as of 9/5 the in-room coffee was switched, but not the lounge machine. I don't know if they changed to Joffrey's between the 5th and now. I returned over a month ago, but someone must be there now or after 9/5
After I posted , I did a search and found it.. I wish they would hurry... It's so good. I just opened my last brick of it.. I knew I should have picked up another on Sunday
Old 09-19-2013, 07:21 PM   #2541
JulieT3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Minnie View Post
Anyone stay in the 001 and 002 WV rooms that are in the North Wing between the deluxe rooms (in Grand Californian's post)? Just wondering what the view is from them? Also, anyone ever request certain room #'s and got them?
We stayed in one of those deluxe rooms in March. The view was mostly of tree branches, and if you looked down, you could see the walkway to the boat dock. It as pretty cold when we were there, and the balcony didn't get much sun, so we didn't spend as much time out there as we normally would. The boats were pretty noisy, as was the boat parade (for sleeping kids). If i were to do it over, i probably would not request a room on that end.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:01 PM   #2542
Holly Quinlan
This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Ya. Still good.

I'm starting to panic! I stopped looking at my ticker hoping it would go faster and now it's gone too fast. I feel like I'm running out of time to finish everything. I still have to finish my binder and now have added more shirts to paint, and I thought I would have been all packed by now

Old 09-19-2013, 08:10 PM   #2543
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
I just remembered tonight why I look so forward to these vacations. It wasn't that it was a bad day.. but from start to finish it was a rush rush rush day. I could list it all, but I guarantee most of us live the same way with work and homes and pets and kids and responsibilities.
I think I must have thought to myself at least 10 times today "Only 86 days until Disney".

Dh and I do a date night if we can on our recent trips. I think I have narrowed it down to Citricos or Artist Point. I am leaning toward Artist Point because it's right in our resort. Has anyone tried it recently? I would love to hear your thoughts. We would put DS9 in the Cubs Den for a few hours.
Has anyone here used the Cubs Den for your kids and did they enjoy their time there?
We're doing our one night stay at VWL tomorrow. Woo hoo! We have ADRs at AP, so I'll try to post a review before we get on the ship on Saturday, otherwise for sure when we get back next weekend.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 09-19-2013, 09:37 PM   #2544
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
We're doing our one night stay at VWL tomorrow. Woo hoo! We have ADRs at AP, so I'll try to post a review before we get on the ship on Saturday, otherwise for sure when we get back next weekend.
Thank you!! Don't waste any of your precious vacation time worrying about a review tomorrow! But I'd love to hear your thoughts when you are back. Have a wonderful trip!!
Old 09-20-2013, 12:04 AM   #2545
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

I can officially say we will be at the WL in just 1 more week!!!!!!!!!!

:c ool1:
So very excited to go. We have a 7am flight, so will be arriving early. My plan is to go over to the MK to buy our MNSSHP military tickets. We have a 4:25 ADR at Liberty Tree and then will just people watch and enjoy the party.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:28 AM   #2546
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

So agree with the Epcot buses. We stayed at GF last trip. The monorail was down a lot. We had a pre park evening breakfast at Epcot. Buses were supposed to come according to the CM. After well over 30 minutes of waiting, the same CM then informed us no bus was ever coming. The monorail was still down, so we had to take a cab. We were late to breakfast, so the park was opened before we finished eating. The unreliable monorail is the biggest reason we switched resorts this trip. I like the look if this resort better anyway.
Old 09-20-2013, 04:51 AM   #2547
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
Two weeks from today...I'll be checking in to my Woods View bunk bed room! I can hardly wait!!!

Thanks for posting that map with the color coded views. My only request was high floor. I prefer not to be ground level.

What should we do first when we get there? Right now, I am thinking boat to MK.....but it could also be the pool!

We always seem to drop our bags, unpack really quick (this trip was in record time!) and head to the pool to immediately unwind while looking up at the Lodge and -exhale-

We mozzie around and head to MK for dinner at CHH.

Enjoy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Minnie View Post
Anyone stay in the 001 and 002 WV rooms that are in the North Wing between the deluxe rooms (in Grand Californian's post)? Just wondering what the view is from them? Also, anyone ever request certain room #'s and got them?
We requested an actual room number twice. Received it once and a few doors down from the requested room the other. I do not recommend requesting an actual room number. It's such a crap shoot and you won't want to be disappointed. We usually request the general area we would like to be. No disappointment that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryCM View Post
I can officially say we will be at the WL in just 1 more week!!!!!!!!!!

:c ool1:
So very excited to go. We have a 7am flight, so will be arriving early. My plan is to go over to the MK to buy our MNSSHP military tickets. We have a 4:25 ADR at Liberty Tree and then will just people watch and enjoy the party.
Have a great time!!!
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 09-20-2013, 05:23 AM   #2548
danceteachermom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto

We were at the lodge in April and our DS6 loved the Cub's Den. We scheduled it for one night but he asked to go again. It is very small but the staff was great and there was plenty to do. He is looking forward to going back when we return. We had a family dinner at Artist Point as well and we loved it. It was a very good meal with a relaxing atmosphere. The only meal that topped it was Victoria and Alberts...which we also did for the first time on the April trip. We probably will not do V and A again for a very long time but we will be back to Artist Point in April.

Our trip is not until April of 2014 and I think of it every day. Spring break trip is what gets me through the crazy days....
Old 09-20-2013, 05:39 AM   #2549
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
No problem, I am glad to help how I can. Now If I could only find some way to master the timing of when the buses arrive so you don't have to wait long for them, that would really be something. Oh well, something has to be left to chance.
The buses here in Chicago now have a GPS system. People can check the internet to see where their buses are and when they will arrive. There are displays on some of the bus stop shelters that list when the next three buses will arrive. Disney could incorporate a system like that into their My Magic Experience apps so that people can check to see when their buses will arrive. If they can do it to predict the wait times for rides, they could certainly do it for buses.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 09-20-2013, 05:42 AM   #2550
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post

When we stayed at WL, we did the same exact thing. Dinner at Artist Point, and kids to the Cubs Den.

Dinner at Artist Point was wonderful! It was very quiet, and we had a nice view. Our server was so friendly and attentive. Here is my meal:

Our kids LOVED the Cubs Den! They have also been to the Sandcastle Club and liked Cubs Den equally. The CMs there are so wonderful, and the kids have a great time.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: