Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 02:12 PM   #2521
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
What a fun year it has been. Now you are getting ready for your follow up visit to the lodge. Visiting there sure can be addicting.
I missed so much on my first trip that I had to do another one.

Quote:
We will start our TR soon. It looks like we got a lot of fun pictures and should have some neat stories to tell.
I can't wait to read your trip report and find out how many of the dresses Allie got to wear.

Quote:
This year we spent a lot of time at the Poly, but still wouldn't choose to stay there over the WL. We just feel like we found our home.
It will be interesting to see how a second trip feels. We've stayed at the BC so many times that it has always felt like home, and we missed it during our Feb trip to WL. But now all I can think about is going back to WL. We'll see if a clear winner appears, or if we just have to have two favorites.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 09-19-2013, 02:53 PM   #2522
Alabama Minnie
DIS Veteran

Anyone stay in the 001 and 002 WV rooms that are in the North Wing between the deluxe rooms (in Grand Californian's post)? Just wondering what the view is from them? Also, anyone ever request certain room #'s and got them?

2013-(2/14)AoA/Dolphin/(12/13)WL***2014-(11/14) AofA & POLY with (ds) (ddl) and (dgs) 1st visit
2012-Universal/Dolphin**2011-BWI/POLY/WL**2010-POLY/ASMu/CSR**2009-AKL/Dolphin/CSR/Pop**2008-CR/ASMo/Pop**2007-FQ
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2013, 03:07 PM   #2523
ethansmommy
Disney Planner

We check in to the lodge in 58 day!! So excited to go back. We will be in a woods view room and in looking at the lodge map I saw two woods view rooms facing bay lake. I never knew those we're considered woods view. I think it would be neat to stay in one of those. What kind of room request should I do in hopes of possibly getting one of those rooms?

"Every story has an end, but in life every ending is just a new begining."

Past Trips: Jan '08-WL, April '08-AKL, Sept '08-WL,
Jan '09-WL, May '09-off-site, Nov '09-Poly, Nov '10-WLV, Nov '11-WL
Future Trips: Nov '13-WL
Old 09-19-2013, 03:15 PM   #2524
Alabama Minnie
DIS Veteran

If you do get to stay in one of these please post some view pictures. I already had planned to ask for North wing this time since we stayed in the South last time and our WV room was of the Villas.

2013-(2/14)AoA/Dolphin/(12/13)WL***2014-(11/14) AofA & POLY with (ds) (ddl) and (dgs) 1st visit
2012-Universal/Dolphin**2011-BWI/POLY/WL**2010-POLY/ASMu/CSR**2009-AKL/Dolphin/CSR/Pop**2008-CR/ASMo/Pop**2007-FQ
Old 09-19-2013, 03:25 PM   #2525
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethansmommy View Post
We check in to the lodge in 58 day!! So excited to go back. We will be in a woods view room and in looking at the lodge map I saw two woods view rooms facing bay lake. I never knew those we're considered woods view. I think it would be neat to stay in one of those. What kind of room request should I do in hopes of possibly getting one of those rooms?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Minnie View Post
If you do get to stay in one of these please post some view pictures. I already had planned to ask for North wing this time since we stayed in the South last time and our WV room was of the Villas.
WDWKOOK had posted a picture of these rooms, looking at them from the water:

It looks like you would have a nice view of trees. And you would hear the boats that run between 6:45am and 11:30pm.

If you want to see more of the pictures that she took of the WL on her vacation this summer, the link is here:

Picture This: A Wilderness Lodge Pictorial

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 09-19-2013, 03:32 PM   #2526
ethansmommy
Disney Planner

Thanks Wood Nymph! I'm going to check it out. I didn't think about the boats, not sure I want to wake up to that every morning.

"Every story has an end, but in life every ending is just a new begining."

Past Trips: Jan '08-WL, April '08-AKL, Sept '08-WL,
Jan '09-WL, May '09-off-site, Nov '09-Poly, Nov '10-WLV, Nov '11-WL
Future Trips: Nov '13-WL
Old 09-19-2013, 03:48 PM   #2527
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Life sometimes gets in the way of fun, but I'm back and I've added everyone to the LL

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmalade View Post
Can you add me to the front page as well? We are going December 11-15th and staying CL. Our first time staying her and our first time visiting during the holidays.
You're going to love it! Great December choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JinxedSydney View Post
It's so funny to see people start packing with single digits left. I'm dying to start packing now... (just look at the ticker!)

Kook, will you add me to the LL? Dec 2 - 10
It's never too early to pack for a Disney vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
Me too please! We will be in a Woods View room from Nov. 2 through Nov. 7. It's exciting to see how many DISers will be at WL during this time!
You'll be in good company.

Quote:
Lol, no, we just barely started the laundry. Last night we dug out some of the souvenirs so I could take gifts to coworkers. Maybe tonight we'll get some more clothes clean.

Melissa is sorting through the over 5000 pictures we took, so that's a fun way to relive the trip. We will start a TR to share them, and I'll post the good WL ones here and on the photo thread. I have also gone back and fixed posts with blurry ones that I didn't catch when viewing them on my phone.

This time I also took pictures to mark the travel times with the different transportation methods, so I am compiling a list and will post the average times. It should be a more accurate update to the rough numbers I posted from last year.

We did book the bounceback for Sep. 2014. We have to really look at the finances, but going one more time in September before Allie's in school has a lot of appeal.
It's fun looking at all the photos and reliving your vacation. I say go to WDW when it's less crowded while you still can. Once she starts elementary school, you'll be beholden to the school schedule (unless you homeschool). It's doable, but not ideal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shburks View Post
Thank you!
You're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristenRB View Post
2 more days!!! I check in on Friday :D

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
That's tomorrow! It'll be hard to sleep tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB1122 View Post
I am so with you on the packing thing. I have a few things
"packed" in a box and a working list. Not to mention crafting to do.

So love coming here to read up on things. Thanks for the hairdryer info. so forget hotels have these in them now.
You're welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee2u View Post
I'll be at WL Sept. 19 - 22. Only two days! WL is my favorite resort and it will be my DD's first time there. I'm looking forward to showing it to her.
Are you there yet? What does DD think so far?
Old 09-19-2013, 03:57 PM   #2528
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregawsk8 View Post
We check in to the Villas on Thursday! We can't wait, it is our first time there.
Well, what do you think? We'd love some photos of your villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Hi Kook, Probably because I asked if we could think about staying near MK on one of our trips in the next couple of years.
He said, sure, and if you'd like to now, see if it's available.
I think I've posted on the RCers thread that MK is his least favorite park. Anyway, I am very excited, and I think we will both love WL/CL.
I think you will, too. Only 5 days to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
Enjoying the thread, Kook. Will you add us to the front page? We'll (me, DH, DS6 and DS2) be there 10/27-11/03/13.

Grand Californian, We are doing Disneyland just prior to WDW. Although we are staying at PPH this trip, I will venture over to GF for dinner at Napa Rose on 10/24. It is not as neat as your tradition, but I will be at both lodges within a few days of each other. When we get back to Cali, we are going straight to Universal Hollywood on 11/03. I like that you go to Disneyland though.
I'd be glad to add you and what a fun vacation you have planned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bek View Post
I'm staying Pop in October and WL in December. I've been going through the entire Next Gen process for my Pop stay. This was my approximate timeline:

At about 57 days out from Pop; when I clicked on Magic Bands, it said I could customize them. Also when I clicked on Fastpass+, it went from saying I wasn't in the correct window to being able to pick FP+.

This past Saturday was my last day (30 days before arrival) to be able to customize the MB. They arrived on Tuesday. I got an email today inviting me for the Pop testing.

I did enter my Annual Pass into MDE before the 60 day mark and made sure my reservation confirmation number was linked into MDE. I also did online check-in when it popped up at the 60 day out.

The colors for the Magic Bands did not show up immediately. I think it was about a week after it said I could customize before anything other than gray was available.

Of course at this point in time, everything is subject to change But I would not expect anything until you see online check-in is available. Whether you need to do online check in or not... some people say you do and some people say you don't. But in the instructions I got today with the test invite, it did say to be sure that your reservation is linked in MDE. Also to be sure that everyone on your reservation shows up correctly in MDE. If you can't see your reservation on your MDE, then you need to get the confirmation number from your travel agent and do the "find reservation" in MDE.
Great information for everyone

Quote:
We took pictures when we got on and off of transportation to record the travel times. These times were from a low crowd time in September 2013. Keep in mind these times don't include waiting for the boat or bus to arrive (which can be the biggest variable) but it lets you know approximately how long to expect once it arrives.

Buses:

Animal Kingdom:
Bus via GF: 29 min
22 min return bus shared with GF

Epcot:
Bus via FW: 23 min
15 min return bus shared with FW

Hollywood Studios:
Bus via GF: 21 min;

Magic Kingdom:
Direct bus: 5 min to/from

Blizzard Beach:
Bus via GF:23 min
13 min return bus shared with GF

Typhoon Lagoon:
Bus via GF: 20 min
15 min return bus

Downtown Disney Marketplace:
Bus via GF: 26 min
24 min return bus shared with GF

Boats:

Red Flag boat:
12 min to/from MK

Red/Green Flag boat:
20 min to/from MK via FW (used at off peak times to serve both FW and WL with one larger boat)

Blue Flag boat:
5 min direct to/from CR
5 min direct to/from FW
14 min CR via FW
14 min FW via CR
HOO-RAY! Guess where this is going? Thanks, Paul for posting all the times. This is very helpful information and I appreciate it.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:02 PM   #2529
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
I missed so much on my first trip that I had to do another one.

I can't wait to read your trip report and find out how many of the dresses Allie got to wear.

It will be interesting to see how a second trip feels. We've stayed at the BC so many times that it has always felt like home, and we missed it during our Feb trip to WL. But now all I can think about is going back to WL. We'll see if a clear winner appears, or if we just have to have two favorites.
We visited BC this trip and were impressed. We spent an hour or so hanging out outside the Marketplace as the rain cleared one afternoon and thought it to be a very nice resort. The location is so neat for Epcot. The lake just isn't Bay Lake scale though. My guess is you'll have two favorites.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:04 PM   #2530
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
HOO-RAY! Guess where this is going? Thanks, Paul for posting all the times. This is very helpful information and I appreciate it.
No problem, I am glad to help how I can. Now If I could only find some way to master the timing of when the buses arrive so you don't have to wait long for them, that would really be something. Oh well, something has to be left to chance.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:07 PM   #2531
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlvfan View Post
21 days until my family and I leave for our brief stay at AKL KV (savannah view!), 24 days until our stay at the Villas...it will be good to go home, we tried a few other resorts the last few trips, but nothing compares to WL.
Welcome and I love your two-Lodge split!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post

By the way, today is the one year anniversary of the day I "found" and joined the Dis boards. And GC had just finished his trip last year and was posting lots of pictures of the lodge. It was very helpful for someone who had never stayed at the WL before.

I see love seeing everyone's pictures and hearing about their trip.
Happy DISanniversary to Wood Nymph!
We're so glad you joined

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxer View Post
Stayed at the WL several times, but never in a Courtyard view like our trip next month. What is a good room request to see Bay Lake, but be close to the pool. I don't think we'll see any Wishes fireworks from the Courtyard views, so Bay Lake will be almost as good!

Also, are room requests still being sent a few days before your check-in?
Welcome! You can see some of wishes from the South Wing Inner CV rooms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TandLMommy28 View Post
I am reading a lot about balconies. I have a confession. Balconies freak me out. Especially with kids. What type of request should I make ( you know, a year from now when it comes time to make a request)? We will have a 15 month old. So I'm thinking if asking for a close balcony or a second floor? Second floor doesn't scare me as much. :/ are here ground door rooms at WL or is the ground floor just restaurants and stuff?
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
Two weeks from today...I'll be checking in to my Woods View bunk bed room! I can hardly wait!!!

Thanks for posting that map with the color coded views. My only request was high floor. I prefer not to be ground level.

What should we do first when we get there? Right now, I am thinking boat to MK.....but it could also be the pool!
What time will you arrive? We arrive late morning and love to check-in, unpack and head to MK for lunch. Maybe you could make a BoG FP ADR? It's also fun to go to WCC or TE at FW after check-in. It lets you take it all in and explore your surroundings before you head to the parks.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:56 PM   #2532
bek
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We took pictures when we got on and off of transportation to record the travel times. These times were from a low crowd time in September 2013. Keep in mind these times don't include waiting for the boat or bus to arrive (which can be the biggest variable) but it lets you know approximately how long to expect once it arrives.

Buses:

Animal Kingdom:
Bus via GF: 29 min
22 min return bus shared with GF

Epcot:
Bus via FW: 23 min

Hollywood Studios:
Bus via GF: 21 min;

Magic Kingdom:
Direct bus: 5 min to/from

Blizzard Beach:
Bus via GF:23 min
13 min return bus shared with GF

Typhoon Lagoon:
Bus via GF: 20 min
15 min return bus

Downtown Disney Marketplace:
Bus via GF: 26 min
24 min return bus shared with GF

Boats:

Red Flag boat:
12 min to/from MK

Red/Green Flag boat:
20 min to/from MK via FW (used at off peak times to serve both FW and WL with one larger boat)

Blue Flag boat:
5 min direct to/from CR
5 min direct to/from FW
14 min CR via FW
14 min FW via CR
This is fantastic! Is it reasonable to guesstimate 10-20 minute waits for the bus? I'm thinking round to an hour ahead of rope drop for AK, EP and HS. Do you think that'd work well?
Old 09-19-2013, 05:26 PM   #2533
WDWKOOK

Quote:
No problem, I am glad to help how I can. Now If I could only find some way to master the timing of when the buses arrive so you don't have to wait long for them, that would really be something. Oh well, something has to be left to chance.

If they ALL actually came every 20 minutes, that would be great. But for some reason, the Epcot bus isn't very dependable and we waited well over 20 mins. some days with a stop at FW on top of it. At least it's a lot faster on the return and once you get through the turnstile, you forget all about the wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by bek View Post
This is fantastic! Is it reasonable to guesstimate 10-20 minute waits for the bus? I'm thinking round to an hour ahead of rope drop for AK, EP and HS. Do you think that'd work well?
For some reason, last month we must have just missed every single bus. The Epcot bus was always the longest wait. Sometimes it was over 30 minutes. For us, mid-morning, the wait average was probably 20 minutes.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:27 PM   #2534
bek
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
We arrive at WL 10/27. DH chose to keep his gray band. I picked red. DS6 picked green. DS2 picked blue. It said that I had xx days to select my choices. Disney just send gray or holds gray for people at the front desk who do not select on time (guessing 30 days out). My husband contacted a friend who works for Disney. The friend said the testing is officially over. He works for the spa, so he was not sure when it would be fully rolled out. I am guessing it is happening soon, because many people staying at different places in October are getting them. Based on the fact that you got an email specifically mentioning testing, I am now second guessing his information. However, I am guessing that everyone staying on site after October will have access to magic bands from here on out. Hopefully, those arriving in November will get to start customizing soon.
It seems to take time to load options into the system. I waited a few days before I could pick colors -- my Pop MB is red and my DIL's is orange for Halloween. I'm thinking I want my December WL band to be green. But we'll be a group of 9 at WL and if lots of people want green, I'll pick a less popular color.

But I agree that I think it looks like all the on-site resorts will be active by the end of October. I just can't believe after the past few months of testing that they'd turn around and stop everything. So I'm planning to do FP+ for December. I think my email was more an insurance policy that if things don't run smoothly for you in October, they can say we told you we were only testing

I think any day now we'll start hearing about people able to do November MBs and FP+. I think it's just that they're bringing on so many resorts during October that they may be needing to move a bit more slowly for the November folks.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:43 PM   #2535
bek
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

If they ALL actually came every 20 minutes, that would be great. But for some reason, the Epcot bus isn't very dependable and we waited well over 20 mins. some days with a stop at FW on top of it. At least it's a lot faster on the return and once you get through the turnstile, you forget all about the wait

For some reason, last month we must have just missed every single bus. The Epcot bus was always the longest wait. Sometimes it was over 30 minutes. For us, mid-morning, the wait average was probably 20 minutes.
Thanks for the note that there's a trend for Epcot buses to have a longer wait. I think our Epcot time is going to be focused on the Holiday Storytellers, so we may rope drop HS and then boat over to Epcot after the World Showcase opens.

Let the thrill-seeking grandchildren get an early morning rush, before we attempt the more sedate touring For them Test Track and Mission Space just can't compete with Rock'n'Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: