Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 09:32 PM   #2491
Gregawsk8
Mouseketeer

We check in to the Villas on Thursday! We can't wait, it is our first time there.

Me DW DD(5) DS(1)
'97 Disneyland (Solo with family)/'06 CBR- Our Honey Moon/April '10 CBR- Daughter's 1st Trip/Aug '10 CBR- Mom's 1st Trip/May '11 CBR/Feb '12 AKL/Nov '12 BWV/April '13 DL/Sept '13 WLV
Old 09-18-2013, 07:34 AM   #2492
rhondakg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
They haven't released Magic Bands for anyone who is checking into any resort in November yet. We are 74 days out, checking in on Nov 30th and I have been keeping an eye on the Magic Band discussion for November. I'll be sure to post here if the MB's become available for WL for Nov and Dec.
Thanks so much!!
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2013, 07:38 AM   #2493
rhondakg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
They haven't released Magic Bands for anyone who is checking into any resort in November yet. We are 74 days out, checking in on Nov 30th and I have been keeping an eye on the Magic Band discussion for November. I'll be sure to post here if the MB's become available for WL for Nov and Dec.
Just noticed you will be at the lodge 1 week before I get there.....so fun - let us know about mb when you get the opportunity - thanks.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:17 AM   #2494
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
You sure are checking-in soon and I can't wait to hear what you think. You may have missed my question, but just curious, why did you make the RC?
Hi Kook, Probably because I asked if we could think about staying near MK on one of our trips in the next couple of years.
He said, sure, and if you'd like to now, see if it's available.
I think I've posted on the RCers thread that MK is his least favorite park. Anyway, I am very excited, and I think we will both love WL/CL.

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
Old 09-18-2013, 12:18 PM   #2495
JinxedSydney
Lurker Extraordinare

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB1122 View Post
[FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"]I am so with you on the packing thing. I have a few things
"packed" in a box and a working list. Not to mention crafting to do.
Woohoo...I'm not the only one!
Old 09-18-2013, 12:22 PM   #2496
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Hi Kook, Probably because I asked if we could think about staying near MK on one of our trips in the next couple of years.
He said, sure, and if you'd like to now, see if it's available.
I think I've posted on the RCers thread that MK is his least favorite park. Anyway, I am very excited, and I think we will both love WL/CL.
You will love it.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 09-18-2013, 01:19 PM   #2497
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Enjoying the thread, Kook. Will you add us to the front page? We'll (me, DH, DS6 and DS2) be there 10/27-11/03/13.

Grand Californian, We are doing Disneyland just prior to WDW. Although we are staying at PPH this trip, I will venture over to GF for dinner at Napa Rose on 10/24. It is not as neat as your tradition, but I will be at both lodges within a few days of each other. When we get back to Cali, we are going straight to Universal Hollywood on 11/03. I like that you go to Disneyland though.
Old 09-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #2498
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
Enjoying the thread, Kook. Will you add us to the front page? We'll (me, DH, DS6 and DS2) be there 10/27-11/03/13.

Grand Californian, We are doing Disneyland just prior to WDW. Although we are staying at PPH this trip, I will venture over to GF for dinner at Napa Rose on 10/24. It is not as neat as your tradition, but I will be at both lodges within a few days of each other. When we get back to Cali, we are going straight to Universal Hollywood on 11/03. I like that you go to Disneyland though.
Sounds great! On our Honeymoon we spent our wedding night at GC and then flew out to WL, so I guess that was our first double Lodge day like that.

Napa Rose should be great. We have never eaten there. We do Storyteller's each year on our anniversary (since it was also where we had our rehearsal dinner) but never wind up at Napa Rose. Have a great trip, and we hope you enjoy Disney on both coasts as much as we do.
Old 09-18-2013, 02:38 PM   #2499
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post

Sounds great! On our Honeymoon we spent our wedding night at GC and then flew out to WL, so I guess that was our first double Lodge day like that.

Napa Rose should be great. We have never eaten there. We do Storyteller's each year on our anniversary (since it was also where we had our rehearsal dinner) but never wind up at Napa Rose. Have a great trip, and we hope you enjoy Disney on both coasts as much as we do.
It is cool that you had your wedding night at Disneyland and immediately went to WDW for your honeymoon. Our drive to Disneyland takes almost as much time as a direct flight to DisneyWorld, so we could not have done both.

This will be the first time we've ever done them back to back. We did our honeymoon at WDW. DH started a new job last year. We took a week off earlier this year for DCL. He did not think he had any vacation time left, so we booked a long weekend at Disneyland for our 10 year anniversary. When he discovered he had another week, he said we should go to DisneyWorld instead. I said why don't we just go to both (since Disneyland was already booked). He agreed. We decided to add Universal at the end, because we just got our son's school schedule. They have a staff development day, and we did not want to fly plus drive back and just sit around for a day and a half (well, I didn't).
Old 09-18-2013, 03:17 PM   #2500
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
I'll be keeping an eye out for your posts. We are also going to be at the WL the same time you are. We arrive on Nov 29th and leave Dec 5th.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
Old 09-18-2013, 10:26 PM   #2501
bek
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondakg View Post
I know that there have been previous post re: Magic Bands being available for WL
1.) are people still getting them?
2.) how long out should you check to see if they are available is it when you do your online check in?
3.) What if your travel agent is doing your online check in, and it isn't there - how often should I check back?

We are 80 days out and it seems soooo far away - I just can't stand it....

Thanks for all of your help!!!!!
I'm staying Pop in October and WL in December. I've been going through the entire Next Gen process for my Pop stay. This was my approximate timeline:

At about 57 days out from Pop; when I clicked on Magic Bands, it said I could customize them. Also when I clicked on Fastpass+, it went from saying I wasn't in the correct window to being able to pick FP+.

This past Saturday was my last day (30 days before arrival) to be able to customize the MB. They arrived on Tuesday. I got an email today inviting me for the Pop testing.

I did enter my Annual Pass into MDE before the 60 day mark and made sure my reservation confirmation number was linked into MDE. I also did online check-in when it popped up at the 60 day out.

The colors for the Magic Bands did not show up immediately. I think it was about a week after it said I could customize before anything other than gray was available.

Of course at this point in time, everything is subject to change But I would not expect anything until you see online check-in is available. Whether you need to do online check in or not... some people say you do and some people say you don't. But in the instructions I got today with the test invite, it did say to be sure that your reservation is linked in MDE. Also to be sure that everyone on your reservation shows up correctly in MDE. If you can't see your reservation on your MDE, then you need to get the confirmation number from your travel agent and do the "find reservation" in MDE.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:51 PM   #2502
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

We took pictures when we got on and off of transportation to record the travel times. These times were from a low crowd time in September 2013. Keep in mind these times don't include waiting for the boat or bus to arrive (which can be the biggest variable) but it lets you know approximately how long to expect once it arrives.

Buses:

Animal Kingdom:
Bus via GF: 29 min
22 min return bus shared with GF

Epcot:
Bus via FW: 23 min
15 min return bus shared with FW

Hollywood Studios:
Bus via GF: 21 min;
15 min return bus shared with FW

Magic Kingdom:
Direct bus: 5 min to/from

Blizzard Beach:
Bus via GF:23 min
13 min return bus shared with GF

Typhoon Lagoon:
Bus via GF: 20 min
15 min return bus

Downtown Disney Marketplace:
Bus via GF: 26 min
24 min return bus shared with GF

Boats:

Red Flag boat:
12 min to/from MK

Red/Green Flag boat:
20 min to/from MK via FW (used at off peak times to serve both FW and WL with one larger boat)

Blue Flag boat:
5 min direct to/from CR
5 min direct to/from FW
14 min CR via FW
14 min FW via CR
Old 09-18-2013, 10:55 PM   #2503
Holly Quinlan
This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.

silly question but does one of the boats go to all the other magic kingdom resorts?
Old 09-18-2013, 11:01 PM   #2504
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by bek View Post
I'm staying Pop in October and WL in December. I've been going through the entire Next Gen process for my Pop stay. This was my approximate timeline: At about 57 days out from Pop; when I clicked on Magic Bands, it said I could customize them. Also when I clicked on Fastpass+, it went from saying I wasn't in the correct window to being able to pick FP+. This past Saturday was my last day (30 days before arrival) to be able to customize the MB. They arrived on Tuesday. I got an email today inviting me for the Pop testing. I did enter my Annual Pass into MDE before the 60 day mark and made sure my reservation confirmation number was linked into MDE. I also did online check-in when it popped up at the 60 day out. The colors for the Magic Bands did not show up immediately. I think it was about a week after it said I could customize before anything other than gray was available. Of course at this point in time, everything is subject to change But I would not expect anything until you see online check-in is available. Whether you need to do online check in or not... some people say you do and some people say you don't. But in the instructions I got today with the test invite, it did say to be sure that your reservation is linked in MDE. Also to be sure that everyone on your reservation shows up correctly in MDE. If you can't see your reservation on your MDE, then you need to get the confirmation number from your travel agent and do the "find reservation" in MDE.
We arrive at WL 10/27. DH chose to keep his gray band. I picked red. DS6 picked green. DS2 picked blue. It said that I had xx days to select my choices. Disney just send gray or holds gray for people at the front desk who do not select on time (guessing 30 days out). My husband contacted a friend who works for Disney. The friend said the testing is officially over. He works for the spa, so he was not sure when it would be fully rolled out. I am guessing it is happening soon, because many people staying at different places in October are getting them. Based on the fact that you got an email specifically mentioning testing, I am now second guessing his information. However, I am guessing that everyone staying on site after October will have access to magic bands from here on out. Hopefully, those arriving in November will get to start customizing soon.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:07 PM   #2505
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly Quinlan View Post
silly question but does one of the boats go to all the other magic kingdom resorts?
One goes directly to MK. The other goes to FW and CR. If you want to get to the Poly or GF, you need two modes of transportation as nothing travels there directly (except an occasional bus headed to a park that may also stop at one of those first). The bus routes change based on the time of year and crowd level. I would simply ask the bus driver when he/she arrives if he/she will be making any stops or go directly to the park.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: