Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 11:40 PM   #2461
lulubel88
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazeemama View Post

What floor did you end up getting a room on? We are going in March and have booked a Woods View room and would love to get to see the top of the castle and maybe the fireworks!
I'm on the 4th floor and can see the monorail pass and the castle spires through the trees. I'm sure the view on the floors above me are a little better. I'm here until Friday so I can give the exact room number then.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:12 AM   #2462
moonshadow
Mouseketeer

We checked out last Saturday and I have to say of all the resorts we stayed out the WL is by far our favorite. The feeling you get when there is simply amazing. We loved being awed and peaceful at the same time!

I have posted some more pictures of the lodge, hope you enjoy them.

WL - Sept 2013, POLY - Sept 2010, BCV - Sept 2005, BWV - July 1997, CR - June 1987
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2013, 08:19 AM   #2463
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmylatte View Post
Can I buy a bathing suit at WL? We are packing today for the trip in 5 days and we can not find my son's bathing suit. He is a youth not a toddler and I am wondering where I can buy a suit for him other than DTD.

There is no where here at home to buy one now.....soooooo....any ideas?
I think all of the gift shops in the resorts had them when I was there in February, so you can get one at whatever resort you happen to be at for dinner or whatever. I know I saw them at the Poly, Fort Wilderness and the Contemporary so I can't imagine WL wouldn't have one.
The aren't inexpensive by any means but the quality was decent.

As for us... 87 days to go! My stomach literally does a flip looking at some of these pictures!! I want to be there NOW!!!
I even got a wild hair yesterday thinking "Well, dh has a week off in October, we could see if we could switch our point rental, and our flights are with Southwest so we could move them...."

But patience will pay off. I want to be a VWL, and I want to be there for the Christmas season. I can only imagine it's even more beautiful with all of the decorations. So.. I wait.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:35 AM   #2464
trailgirl r
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
I agree, it was like a preview of our upcoming vacation. Who's next to check into WL?!
We check in on Friday evening! However, we just moved into our new house 2 weeks ago and most of our things are still in boxes. I can't find the cord that connects my camera to my laptop! Without the cord I can't post pictures from the Lodge

Old 09-17-2013, 08:45 AM   #2465
trailgirl r
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
We checked out last Saturday and I have to say of all the resorts we stayed out the WL is by far our favorite. The feeling you get when there is simply amazing. We loved being awed and peaceful at the same time!

I have posted some more pictures of the lodge, hope you enjoy them.

Love the mist coming off the water in this picture. Your dessert looks wonderful!

Old 09-17-2013, 09:02 AM   #2466
moonshadow
Mouseketeer

This was my favorite spot to have coffee in the morning. Wish I was there right now

The dessert is the cobbler found in Artist Point. It was as good as it looked.

WL - Sept 2013, POLY - Sept 2010, BCV - Sept 2005, BWV - July 1997, CR - June 1987
Old 09-17-2013, 09:02 AM   #2467
kermitman18
Earning My Ears

I have be stalking this thread for awhile now and love every minute of it.

Today is FINALLY the day we leave. We will be arriving at WL this afternoon and thanks to this thread I am most excited about the lodge.

It will be our first time staying deluxe as a family.

Thank you to everyone for posting your pics and comments because it made the wait bearable.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:44 AM   #2468
R2-JD
It was all started by Walt Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofynut41 View Post
That Picture of MK from the water... Looks like the Castle is closer than it really is... never seen a picture like that before... cool
Thanks goofynut41! When we were passing by the front of MK I took some pics with our regular lens and wasn't happy with them. So when we did our loop of the lake I switched to the telephoto lens. That shot was taken way back amongst the islands as we were coming back up from the Polynesian.

I really like renting a boat and going on a private tour of the lakes.

JD
2013(Sept) WDW Wilderness Lodge
Old 09-17-2013, 10:04 AM   #2469
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kermitman18 View Post
I have be stalking this thread for awhile now and love every minute of it.

Today is FINALLY the day we leave. We will be arriving at WL this afternoon and thanks to this thread I am most excited about the lodge.

It will be our first time staying deluxe as a family.

Thank you to everyone for posting your pics and comments because it made the wait bearable.
Look at that ticker!! No more days!!
I'm so jealous! Have a wonderful trip!
Old 09-17-2013, 11:18 AM   #2470
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2-JD View Post
Thanks goofynut41! When we were passing by the front of MK I took some pics with our regular lens and wasn't happy with them. So when we did our loop of the lake I switched to the telephoto lens. That shot was taken way back amongst the islands as we were coming back up from the Polynesian.

I really like renting a boat and going on a private tour of the lakes.

JD
It looks great. This was our first trip not renting a boat, and while we rode the transportation boats a lot there is just something neat about getting to go exactly where you want to in such a beautiful place. Thanks for all the great pics. Looking through pics helps make the return home bearable.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:41 AM   #2471
frazeemama
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubel88 View Post
I'm on the 4th floor and can see the monorail pass and the castle spires through the trees. I'm sure the view on the floors above me are a little better. I'm here until Friday so I can give the exact room number then.
Thanks!!! Are you able to see the fireworks from Wishes at night?
Old 09-17-2013, 11:47 AM   #2472
frazeemama
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
We could see the castle from room 6018 with partially obstructed views of Wishes (due to a tree limb in the way). Our daughter and her family were in room 6010 and had a perfect view of the castle and Wishes, no obstructions. We were woods view, north wing, 6th floor.

We had dormer rooms with a closed balcony. Next time I am requesting an open balcony. I think room 5010 would still have a great view of Wishes, and maybe the castle, too.
Thanks! I may try to request 5th floor because I do want an open balcony. Keeping my fingers crossed we get to see the castle and Wishes!
Old 09-17-2013, 11:50 AM   #2473
moonshadow
Mouseketeer

We were just in room 5011. From there the lake was mostly blocked by trees. We could not see the castle or electric parade on the lake at night.

Old 09-17-2013, 12:25 PM   #2474
shburks
DIS Veteran

Posted this separately, but if any WL experts know this I would appreciate it!

I haven't stayed at WL since the refurb (last stay in fall 2011) and wondering if anyone can tell me about the hairdryers there. Good? Strong? Pictures?

DCL: Wonder: October 2015 * Magic: January 2014 * Fantasy: October 2013 * Dream: January 2013 * Fantasy: August 2012
WDW:All Star Sports Oct 2014 * Caribbean Beach Resort Oct 2014, Feb 2015 * Beach Club Apr 2014 * Coronado Springs Oct 2013 * Boardwalk Sept 2013 * Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2013 * PO French Quarter (Jan 2013, Apr 2014) * Pop Century (Aug 2012, Dec 2009) * Wilderness Lodge (Sept, 2013, Oct 2011, Sept 2010), ASMo Dec 2003, off property: 1990, 1988, 1985
Disney's Vero Beach Resort: July 2013
Old 09-17-2013, 01:22 PM   #2475
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Can someone add my date?? Nov 1 - 3 WL Club Level
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: