Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 09:14 AM   #2416
pld5
Dreaming of Disney

Change in Plans

Hi all, I need to be removed from the Lodger's Log. I cancelled our February trip because I accepted a new job and I won't have as much vacation time in my first year as I had in my old one. I will be making more money though so I can save up quickly for a trip in 2015 instead!

I'll keep checking back here from time to time though because my family won't stay anywhere else than Wilderness Lodge now.
1972 - 1987 -WDW semi-annual trips with parents & brother -offsite hotels, 10/2005 - Pregnant with DS - offsite rental home (DH's first trip), 3/2010 -DS's first visit for his 4th birthday - offsite rental home, First stay onsite -WL "]Better Late Than Never January 22-28, 2012, They Don't Make Pencils in PA? Feb/Mar 2013 TR, Why Do I Have To Ride By Myself? Feb/Mar 2014 TR
Old 09-15-2013, 09:14 AM   #2417
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2-JD View Post
Welcome GaBelle. Enjoy your stay! It is a beautiful place isn't it?

I apologize in advance, and hopefully I don't get banned for posting so many pics, but here goes...

JD

Don't even think such thoughts! More (and more, and more) pics always welcome!

I must ask, JD, what kind of camera do you have! The definition on Ur pics is incredible!
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2013, 09:30 AM   #2418
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amycakes78 View Post
We arrived around noon today, and I am embarrassed to say I was crying happy tears as I entered the lobby. Wow! What a beautiful resort! We got checked in quickly. Or room wasn't ready yet, so we popped in Roaring Forks for lunch. I had the beef and bleu sandwich and carrot cake cupcake, both were delicious! the cucumber salad was really good as well. The baby shared with me, and agreed, it was all very yummy. We are just having a relaxing day now, the baby is napping and my beret half took the older kids to the pool, then we are going to WCC for dinner later.
Embarrassed??? I bet most on our WL thread have shed. Tear or two upon entering the majestic lobby! . Our most recent trip in July caught me by surprise... We walk in at 10:28am and the tears just flowed. It was an extra special trip for us for many reasons. DH also had tears as did DD(20) which was really the surprise. So many memories we shared. DS(17) and a tear in his eye and the most peaceful look about him that we have not seen in a while but have seen many times since!. Truly a magical place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBelle View Post
We are here! All I can say is- Wow! Truly the photos do not do it enough justice. So incredibly beautiful and so well themed. The landscaping- oh! Breathtaking.

We arrived about 11:30 and went to HS. Very low waits...longest was TSMM at 50 minutes.
WOW is a good word!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
Hello WL friends. We have about half a case (15 or so bottles) of Dasani water that we won't need, so we can leave them for you if someone wants them.
How sweet of you! Have a safe trip back! Thank you for sharing your photos with us! Hope your stay was as magical as you had hoped!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2-JD View Post
From the boat that we rented to go for a ride on Bay Lake today

And the last ones are from our walk over to Fort Wilderness Campground to go to our dinner at Trail's End(YUM). The walk over there is beautiful and recommended.

Good night all.

JD
DS saw these friends on his early morning runs!
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 09-15-2013, 11:18 AM   #2419
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

The photos lately have been fabulous!! Do any of you use Flickr? I love following my Disney peeps there. Also, I hope you all list some of these beauties on the WL photo thread. Not a lot of activity over there lately. But please don't deprive us f them here. Lol. GREEDY.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:24 AM   #2420
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Happy news today, we are going to start our vacation at the Wilderness Lodge! This is our first visit to the OFC. Looking forward to a great stay!
Old 09-15-2013, 11:34 AM   #2421
R2-JD
It was all started by Walt Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippa D Doodah View Post
This may be silly, but I hope to happen upon some deer or other fauna along that path to Ft Wilderness. Thanks for sharing the pic
Not silly at all and I would say the chances are very good that you will see deer on the walk over. We also did the walk on last years trip and saw a lot of deer as well. You can also see deer in the parking lot of the Lodge, we nicknamed them Parking Lot Deer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Don't even think such thoughts! More (and more, and more) pics always welcome!

I must ask, JD, what kind of camera do you have! The definition on Ur pics is incredible!
Thanks I will post more later. Our camera is an Olympus EPM2 or Pen Mini. It is a great camera! Changeable lenses, manual modes, touch screen, 16 megapixel and more. We used to have Canon cameras and I am now an Olympus person.

JD
2013(Sept) WDW Wilderness Lodge

Last edited by R2-JD; 09-15-2013 at 01:51 PM.
Old 09-15-2013, 03:03 PM   #2422
lulubel88
Mouseketeer

Checked in this afternoon. Have a woods view on north side and can see the top spires of the castle. Took an hour walking the stairs around the lobby floors and taking pics. Definitely love the refurb rooms from my last stay in 2008.
Old 09-15-2013, 03:49 PM   #2423
APiratesLifeForMe2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld5 View Post
Hi all, I need to be removed from the Lodger's Log. I cancelled our February trip because I accepted a new job and I won't have as much vacation time in my first year as I had in my old one. I will be making more money though so I can save up quickly for a trip in 2015 instead!

I'll keep checking back here from time to time though because my family won't stay anywhere else than Wilderness Lodge now.
Oh I am excited about your new job and salary but heartbroken it means a delayed WDW trip. I am going through changes with employment just a month before our trip but I will be working for myself so I gave myself the week off I am sure the time will fly by and your 2015 trip will be amazing.

1988 Off Site, 1992 Off Site, 1996 ASMusic, 2000 CBR, 2004 POR, 2007 Poly, 2009 POFQ, 2010 POP, 2011 POP, 2013 WL
Old 09-15-2013, 03:55 PM   #2424
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

We checked out this morning, but we had a wonderful stay. Breakfast was at WCC and was superb, we have a new last day tradition.

While sitting at the airport in Austin, we were talking about what to have for dinner when we get home, and we were planning on In-n-out burger because that's what everybody does when returning home to CA when we realized that Disneyland is on the way home from the airport. We will have a double Lodge day by having dinner at the Grand Californian.

We have a lot of pictures to go through and post. We will upgrade our Photobucket account to handle the bandwidth, but it will be worth it. We love sharing Lodge pics.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:01 PM   #2425
terri33inne
Mouseketeer

We check in Friday... I can't wait!! I have to work a full week so I did all the packing/shopping/cleaning I could this weekend, so I really feel ready to go!

Best way to get over the end of your last trip is to start planning your next trip!
Old 09-15-2013, 04:20 PM   #2426
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terri33inne View Post
We check in Friday... I can't wait!! I have to work a full week so I did all the packing/shopping/cleaning I could this weekend, so I really feel ready to go!
Have a great trip!!!
Old 09-15-2013, 06:20 PM   #2427
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
We checked out this morning, but we had a wonderful stay. Breakfast was at WCC and was superb, we have a new last day tradition.

While sitting at the airport in Austin, we were talking about what to have for dinner when we get home, and we were planning on In-n-out burger because that's what everybody does when returning home to CA when we realized that Disneyland is on the way home from the airport. We will have a double Lodge day by having dinner at the Grand Californian.

We have a lot of pictures to go through and post. We will upgrade our Photobucket account to handle the bandwidth, but it will be worth it. We love sharing Lodge pics.
Cool tradition. Wonder which restaurant you'll pick. We are going to Napa Rose next month, so I'd love to read about it if you choose that one.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:55 PM   #2428
luvmylatte
Mouseketeer

WL in 7 days. First time at the lodge and very very excited. After reading and seeing all the good things about this resort, I feel like a little kid waiting for Santa.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:30 PM   #2429
cme37
Mouseketeer

We will be here in 3 weeks. First time at WL.

My mom is going with us for her first WDW visit and she needs to rent a scooter. Do we have to keep it in our room or can we check it in with the front desk nightly?
Old 09-15-2013, 10:43 PM   #2430
R2-JD
It was all started by Walt Disney!

Well we have arrived at the part of the trip I hate most, our last night. We did our tradition of spending our last day at Magic Kingdom and watched Wishes and we both got very teary eyed. We said good bye to MK and walked around the Lodge one last time and took it all in. In the early hours of the morning we will say good bye to the Lodge. We of course will be back but the next time won't be as soon as this trip.

We had fun at all the parks, went to both water parks, I drove a Lamborghini really fast , we went for a boat ride on the lake, we ate at places we haven't been before, and relaxed at the Lodge. Couldn't ask for anything more for our 20th anniversary trip.

We met Paul, Melissa, and Allie and had a great time time having dinner with them. They are very nice people and Allie is such a cutie. Thanks guys for the note you left us and very nice artwork Allie. Also have a Happy Birthday Allie!

To all that are here, have fun. To all that are counting down a trip, enjoy yourselves.

JD and LuvGoldens

PS - my apologies as I won't be posting any last pics. I got an email from Photobucket stating I have used too much bandwidth. So if my pics disappear I apologize and will fix it when get back home and settled.
2013(Sept) WDW Wilderness Lodge
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: