Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 04:36 PM   #2401
GaBelle
DIS Veteran

We are here! All I can say is- Wow! Truly the photos do not do it enough justice. So incredibly beautiful and so well themed. The landscaping- oh! Breathtaking.

We arrived about 11:30 and went to HS. Very low waits...longest was TSMM at 50 minutes.
Old 09-14-2013, 05:51 PM   #2402
npcougar
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrabuck View Post
Just letting everyone know. Woke up this morning checked my reservations and to my surprise was prompted to customize my magic bands and select FP+ times. . Bands are shipping. My trip is 10/29-11/7 WL standard view
Nice. We are there 10/13-10/19 and don't have the option.
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2013, 05:53 PM   #2403
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Hello WL friends. We have about half a case (15 or so bottles) of Dasani water that we won't need, so we can leave them for you if someone wants them.

Just PM me and we can meet or I can leave them at the front desk for you.
Old 09-14-2013, 07:23 PM   #2404
lffam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrabuck View Post
Just letting everyone know. Woke up this morning checked my reservations and to my surprise was prompted to customize my magic bands and select FP+ times. . Bands are shipping. My trip is 10/29-11/7 WL standard view
Hi we will be there at same time30 oct to 11Nov for us Courtyard view which I think is there standard view also right? Anyway our bands became customisable Friday night which was a great surprise. The photos and peoples experiences of the Lodge are just so spectacular and just reinforced our decision to change our Res from CBR to WL

Wilderness Lodge Pictures of this fantastic Disney Resort

Trip Report - very late but In progress

LF Fam - just initials of the Family!
Old 09-14-2013, 09:38 PM   #2405
R2-JD
It was all started by Walt Disney!

Welcome GaBelle. Enjoy your stay! It is a beautiful place isn't it?

I apologize in advance, and hopefully I don't get banned for posting so many pics, but here goes...

JD
2013(Sept) WDW Wilderness Lodge
Old 09-14-2013, 09:39 PM   #2406
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
Hello WL friends. We have about half a case (15 or so bottles) of Dasani water that we won't need, so we can leave them for you if someone wants them.

Just PM me and we can meet or I can leave them at the front desk for you.
The water has found a home with Amycakes78. Enjoy your trip.
Old 09-14-2013, 09:53 PM   #2407
R2-JD
It was all started by Walt Disney!

From the boat that we rented to go for a ride on Bay Lake today

And the last ones are from our walk over to Fort Wilderness Campground to go to our dinner at Trail's End(YUM). The walk over there is beautiful and recommended.

Good night all.

JD
2013(Sept) WDW Wilderness Lodge
Old 09-14-2013, 10:38 PM   #2408
cruisinaz
Mouseketeer

Enjoy my evening ritual of reading the daily posts...17 days!!!

Disneyland/California Adventure April, 2011; April 2010; May 2009

Other cruise lines:
Carnival Breeze - December 2, 2012
Oasis of the Seas - December 11, 2010
Jewel of the Seas - December, 2005
Sensation - September, 2005
Destiny - December, 2004
Paradise - May, 2004
Holiday - May, 2001
Old 09-14-2013, 11:14 PM   #2409
Zippa D Doodah
Suffering from Fairy Alienation. Is there a program for that?
I'm such a shameless taghound!
I am an unabashed Q-tipper !

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2-JD View Post

Good night all.

JD
This may be silly, but I hope to happen upon some deer or other fauna along that path to Ft Wilderness. Thanks for sharing the pic
Old 09-15-2013, 12:06 AM   #2410
LovinPooh
DIS Veteran

Love that deer pic
Old 09-15-2013, 08:40 AM   #2411
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

How far is the walk to Trail's End? I told DH we should walk over after seeing JD's pics. He said, how far is it? I said, I dont know, but look they saw deer.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani Feb 2015 All Star Music April 2015 AKV Jambo and BWV Oct 2015 POFQ
Old 09-15-2013, 08:58 AM   #2412
teetee830
"If you can dream it you can do it."~Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by npcougar View Post
Nice. We are there 10/13-10/19 and don't have the option.
WE check in on 10/14 and I realized Friday MB were customizable for us. It was the last day too I almost missed it!
Old 09-15-2013, 09:01 AM   #2413
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
How far is the walk to Trail's End? I told DH we should walk over after seeing JD's pics. He said, how far is it? I said, I dont know, but look they saw deer.
It is about a 15-20 minute walk along that path, and it is beautiful.
For those less interested in the walk but still looking for the food, the Blue flag boats take you right there from WL, either directly or via the contemporary depending in which way the boat is going.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:55 AM   #2414
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Love all the photos, JD and Paul! We have to wish Paul and his lovely family safe travels back to CA today and JD and Mrs. D&B HM Bag, in a couple of days. We eagerly await your TRs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amycakes78 View Post
We arrived around noon today, and I am embarrassed to say I was crying happy tears as I entered the lobby. Wow! What a beautiful resort! We got checked in quickly. Or room wasn't ready yet, so we popped in Roaring Forks for lunch. I had the beef and bleu sandwich and carrot cake cupcake, both were delicious! the cucumber salad was really good as well. The baby shared with me, and agreed, it was all very yummy. We are just having a relaxing day now, the baby is napping and my beret half took the older kids to the pool, then we are going to WCC for dinner later.
Don't be embarrassed because then we would all have to. I still have to stop in the lobby every time I arrive so I can take it all in. It's breathtaking.

Where are you headed today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TandLMommy28 View Post
Don't be embarrassed. The first time I took my kids to WDW, I bawled on multiple occasions.
So after the first time, do you just cry once or twice? The MK train always gets me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBelle View Post
We are here! All I can say is- Wow! Truly the photos do not do it enough justice. So incredibly beautiful and so well themed. The landscaping- oh! Breathtaking.

We arrived about 11:30 and went to HS. Very low waits...longest was TSMM at 50 minutes.
I'm so jealous! Enjoy every minute and don't forget the Lodge Tour next week

Quote:
Originally Posted by lffam View Post
Hi we will be there at same time30 oct to 11Nov for us Courtyard view which I think is there standard view also right? Anyway our bands became customisable Friday night which was a great surprise. The photos and peoples experiences of the Lodge are just so spectacular and just reinforced our decision to change our Res from CBR to WL
The Courtyard View is the most expensive view at WL. The Standard View is the least expensive. If you want a WL Courtyard View though (Bay Lake, geyser...), make sure to note that you would like a WL or Inner CV. The other Courtyard View can be of the villas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
The water has found a home with Amycakes78. Enjoy your trip.
I love this. So nice of you to keep Amy and gang hydrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisinaz View Post
Enjoy my evening ritual of reading the daily posts...17 days!!!
I hope this continues on with others since Paul and family and JD will be going home soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippa D Doodah View Post
This may be silly, but I hope to happen upon some deer or other fauna along that path to Ft Wilderness. Thanks for sharing the pic
Not silly at all. You will most likely see them. We see deer every visit. They are most prominent along the walkway to FW and usually to the right as you're going. They're used to human animals and barely bat an eye when you pass. We saw some really big Bucks in August with 8-point racks (antlers can grow 1/4" a day). IDK when they drop their antlers in FL, but around here it's in the winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
I timed it in August from where the path starts near the WL bus stop/VWL to the front of TE was a bit under 25 minutes at a leisurely pace.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:02 AM   #2415
MaxiMax
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by teetee830 View Post
WE check in on 10/14 and I realized Friday MB were customizable for us. It was the last day too I almost missed it!
We check in on the 11th and don't have the option.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: