Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-11-2013, 12:02 AM   #2281
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!
 
goofy4prez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: N.E. Ohio
Posts: 3,220

WOW, there have been some amazing pictures the past couple of days. Thank you Moonshadow, GrandCalifornian and R2-JD. Right now it's midnight, I have to wake up at 5:30 and I' sitting here looking at pictures of the WL and beginning to feel like a kid anticipating Christmas eve...

I just noticed that as I started this reply I was 79 days away from returning to the WL and now I am only 78 days away.
__________________
Aug. 2008 Wilderness Lodge- CL Jan 2009 Yacht Club-CL Aug. 2010 Wilderness Lodge-CL Dec. 2013 Wilderness Lodge-CL June 2014 Contemporary Resort-CL June 2015 Grand Floridian Villas



Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
goofy4prez is offline  
Old 09-11-2013, 07:07 AM   #2282
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 1,531

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Love Akershus, though I do miss the option of a non-Princess meal. For you though, bring on the Norwegian princesses! Can't wait for pics and review. Eat some herring and that great Norwegian cheese for me.

More scaffolding, huh? I think you're right that it's a permanent fixture now at WL.
We were very impressed with Akershus. Allie was shy at first, and the greeting was a little rushed, but the food was amazing. It was Melissa's favorite of the trip, and was very good.

Here is the skirt set (and it got the most comments of any outfit yet)




And here's one for KOOK



Quote:
Originally Posted by R2-JD View Post

I can see our room!

I think it had just left from the right... can't remember. I wanted to wait until it was gone but I heard someone coming up the walk way behind me and didn't want them in the pic.

Just got back from the first night of MNSSHP and it was a blast again. They changed the Headless Horseman ride from last year. This time there are more lights on and he goes much slower and actually stops quite a few times. Whether or not it is because the horse and rider had a fall last year, it is better in my opinion. Plus they added Celebrate the Magic to the lineup and it is very cool! And this years MNSSHP Mickey Popcorn bucket is so cute!

GrandCalifornian - great pics! Hope you guys had a great day! Say Hi to the Rockstar!

JD
Hello! It sounds like the party was great. Allie says hello, although right now we are trying to wake her up for Crystal Palace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
WOW, there have been some amazing pictures the past couple of days. Thank you Moonshadow, GrandCalifornian and R2-JD. Right now it's midnight, I have to wake up at 5:30 and I' sitting here looking at pictures of the WL and beginning to feel like a kid anticipating Christmas eve...

I just noticed that as I started this reply I was 79 days away from returning to the WL and now I am only 78 days away.
There have been some great pics posted. Thanks to all. I also just checked out Kook's photo tour and loved it.

I looked at the room view for the North wing lobby rooms for you, and it looks nice. There is a group of trees between the lodge and service road there.

Last edited by GrandCalifornian; 09-11-2013 at 02:05 PM.
GrandCalifornian is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-11-2013, 07:17 AM   #2283
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran
 
Wood Nymph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 5,121

The princess skirt with the ball fringe is so adorable. I'm not surprised that it got a lot of comments. I would guess that it made for a nice ice breaker with the princesses.

It is also nice to see her wearing her special wardrobe. My granddaughter probably wouldn't be quite so cooperative.
__________________
~ Sue



Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973

Last edited by Wood Nymph; 09-11-2013 at 08:58 AM.
Wood Nymph is offline  
Old 09-11-2013, 08:05 AM   #2284
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran
 
CuteAsMinnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,725

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
WOW, there have been some amazing pictures the past couple of days. Thank you Moonshadow, GrandCalifornian and R2-JD. Right now it's midnight, I have to wake up at 5:30 and I' sitting here looking at pictures of the WL and beginning to feel like a kid anticipating Christmas eve...

I just noticed that as I started this reply I was 79 days away from returning to the WL and now I am only 78 days away.
We all know what you mean!!!!



Are there Autumn decorations up in the WL??? I was just watching the livestrram of MNSSHP and I started wondering...
__________________
CBR - 1989 (first trip)
CBR - 1995
Wilderness Lodge - 1998, 2001, 2005, 2007
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

CuteAsMinnie is offline  
Old 09-11-2013, 08:54 AM   #2285
hebbynan
Chase and Eli's Mom
 
hebbynan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: York, PA
Posts: 841

GrandCalifornian.....she is just too cute!!! I can tell that you've had her model her outfits before. She's working it! That Princess outfit is adorable. I can see why she got the most comments on that one! Did you make it? If so....way to go!

And thanks for the pics! I got super excited sneaking a peek at your room in the pictures. I can't wait!! 7 more days and I'm there!
__________________
DH , Me , DS14 , DS10

WL February 2017 for DS high school band trip * WL 2013*ASMo 2011/2010/2006*FW 2007*SoG 2000*Off Site 1998
hebbynan is offline  
Old 09-11-2013, 09:04 AM   #2286
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,145

Quote:
Originally Posted by lffam View Post
Hi All

we are going on our first WDW adventure all the way from Australia in October/November this year. We were going to be staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort. For various reasons we decided to change our res and have now booked the Wilderness Lodge. We arrive 30 Oct and stay for 12 nights. We are doing Mickey's Halloween party and also the first Christmas party. We have booked a Courtyard room and are really hoping for a lovely view. When we first saw the photos of WL lobby and outside, it reminded us allot of Grand Californian. We stayed at GC in 2010 which was our first Disney visit and a very special trip for us, so when we saw the pictures of WL we knew that was the place for us. I found the picture thread for WL and it only helped solidify our decision and now know it was definitely right for us.

I started reading this thread at the beginning and got a few pages in, but as it was started quite a few years ago I skipped ahead to about page 100 but need to go back to the beginning.

It's now 45 days out till we leave and 50 days till we start WDW..cant wait!
Congrats on booking the WL.....you're going to love it . CBR was the first resort we tried when we started staying onsite and while we did love everything about it, the WL is . We wouldn't hesitate to return to CBR, but I think you made a great switch .

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2-JD View Post
Good morning from the Lodge!

What a beautiful pic....thanks for sharing .

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
We finally made it here yesterday and I have to tell you that this resort is everything everybody said it would be. It is so beautiful and restful we never want to leave. Here are some pictures I took so far.
Glad you love the lodge and are having a great time . Thanks for posting the beautiful pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gschon View Post
Only 4 days to go!!!!!!pi xiedust:
Have a great trip .

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisinaz View Post
21 days...


Quote:
Originally Posted by R2-JD View Post
Just got back from the first night of MNSSHP and it was a blast again. They changed the Headless Horseman ride from last year. This time there are more lights on and he goes much slower and actually stops quite a few times. Whether or not it is because the horse and rider had a fall last year, it is better in my opinion. Plus they added Celebrate the Magic to the lineup and it is very cool! And this years MNSSHP Mickey Popcorn bucket is so cute!
Sounds like you are having a great time . Glad you enjoyed the party. We've been 3 times and it never gets old.
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline  
Old 09-11-2013, 09:05 AM   #2287
goofynut41
Disney Veteran
 
goofynut41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 446

She is a beautiful little girl... And I love that Princess skirt set... Makes me wish I was little so I could wear one....
__________________
1988 offsite, 1994 SOG, 1998 SOG, 2001 SOG, 2003 CS, 2005 SOG, 2006 SOG, 2007 SOG, 2009 JULY POR, 2009 DEC WL, 2010 AKL, 2011 SOG, 2013 SOG

goofynut41 is offline  
Old 09-11-2013, 09:43 AM   #2288
hebbynan
Chase and Eli's Mom
 
hebbynan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: York, PA
Posts: 841

quick unrelated question..

Do any of you know when they went back to running Fantasmic nightly? The last time we went, I thought it was only certain nights, but I just checked the park hours on Disney's website and it seems that they went back to nightly shows. ????
__________________
DH , Me , DS14 , DS10

WL February 2017 for DS high school band trip * WL 2013*ASMo 2011/2010/2006*FW 2007*SoG 2000*Off Site 1998
hebbynan is offline  
Old 09-11-2013, 12:37 PM   #2289
kmedina
Loves all things Disney
 
kmedina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: WDW for adults
Posts: 4,791

I do not know which is cuter, the precious little face or the skirt. They are both so adorable.
kmedina is offline  
Old 09-11-2013, 05:02 PM   #2290
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran
 
Wood Nymph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 5,121

Quote:
Originally Posted by hebbynan View Post
Do any of you know when they went back to running Fantasmic nightly? The last time we went, I thought it was only certain nights, but I just checked the park hours on Disney's website and it seems that they went back to nightly shows. ????
They were having weekly shows when we were there in February. In fact, they added a second show on one of the nights we were there, making it possible for us to catch it. I don't know when they started having nightly shows.
__________________
~ Sue



Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline  
Old 09-11-2013, 05:20 PM   #2291
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 1,531

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
The princess skirt with the ball fringe is so adorable. I'm not surprised that it got a lot of comments. I would guess that it made for a nice ice breaker with the princesses.

It is also nice to see her wearing her special wardrobe. My granddaughter probably wouldn't be quite so cooperative.
We have been very fortunate with her cooperating. The hardest part was getting her up for Crystal Palace at 6:30 this morning.

Allie really seems to enjoy showing characters themselves on her outfits. That keeps her interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hebbynan View Post
GrandCalifornian.....she is just too cute!!! I can tell that you've had her model her outfits before. She's working it! That Princess outfit is adorable. I can see why she got the most comments on that one! Did you make it? If so....way to go!

And thanks for the pics! I got super excited sneaking a peek at your room in the pictures. I can't wait!! 7 more days and I'm there!
Thank you. She is a lot of fun. My wife Melissa sewed the outfits for Allie based on our ADRs and other stuff we like at WDW.
With only 7 days to go your trip will be here before you know it. Then we'll enjoying your pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofynut41 View Post
She is a beautiful little girl... And I love that Princess skirt set... Makes me wish I was little so I could wear one....
Thanks. We know how you feel. Melissa just couldn't resist making a few things for herself this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hebbynan View Post
Do any of you know when they went back to running Fantasmic nightly? The last time we went, I thought it was only certain nights, but I just checked the park hours on Disney's website and it seems that they went back to nightly shows. ????
Last September they were almost every night too. There is a link to a monthly calendar that how's the planned park hours at least 6 months in advance. Here is the September link, but you can change it for other months.
http://media.disneywebcontent.com/StaticFiles/DTA-Domestic/pdf/ParkHours/WDW_Operating_Calendar_sept.pdf


Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
I do not know which is cuter, the precious little face or the skirt. They are both so adorable.
Aww thank you!
GrandCalifornian is offline  
Old 09-11-2013, 05:38 PM   #2292
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 1,531

This morning we had a great breakfast at Crystal Palace, so Allie wore a Pooh dress.


This was the best breakfast I have had at Disney. It had everything, and great character interaction.

For lodge pics here is this morning's walk to the bus:


And the return view by boat (which was a shared Red and Green Flag boat that went to FW and WL from MK.


And a lobby fireplace pic for fun:

Last edited by GrandCalifornian; 09-16-2013 at 03:28 PM.
GrandCalifornian is offline  
Old 09-11-2013, 06:26 PM   #2293
TheLodgeLady
Mouseketeer
 
TheLodgeLady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 384

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2-JD View Post
Good morning from the Lodge!

Beautiful photo. I can feel the peacefulness!!
TheLodgeLady is offline  
Old 09-11-2013, 06:27 PM   #2294
TheLodgeLady
Mouseketeer
 
TheLodgeLady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 384

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
We finally made it here yesterday and I have to tell you that this resort is everything everybody said it would be. It is so beautiful and restful we never want to leave. Here are some pictures I took so far.

From Our Balcony






Lobby



Wonderful view!!
TheLodgeLady is offline  
Old 09-11-2013, 06:31 PM   #2295
TheLodgeLady
Mouseketeer
 
TheLodgeLady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 384

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
This morning we had a great breakfast at Crystal Palace, so Allie wore a Pooh dress.


This was the best breakfast I have had at Disney. It had everything, and great character interaction.

For lodge pics here is this morning's walk to the bus:


And the return view by boat (which was a shared Red and Green Flag boat that went to FW and WL from MK.


And a lobby fireplace pic for fun:
I'm finally getting to see all your photos! (my work blocks photos) I just wanted to say you have the cutest little girl. I love all her different outfits. Your wife is amazing!
TheLodgeLady is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: