Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 10:16 PM   #2146
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
Both Allie and I showed our favorite resort in our choice of attire. I think Mommy needs a WL shirt too.
Yes Mommy does, but I think she can be forgiven this time because the shirt she had was so cute. Allie is a darling! Glad you are there having fun. I can't wait for our November trip!

Old 09-07-2013, 10:17 PM   #2147
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We just got back to the room after leaving at 10 this morning. We had a long but fun day with MK, Epcot, redeeming our photopass +, getting our APs renewed, and dinner at Boma.

I did want to share a couple of pictures because Allie wore her WL dress all day.

Both Allie and I showed our favorite resort in our choice of attire. I think Mommy needs a WL shirt too.

I bet she gets one this time.

Also I wanted to update the mug situation. Roaring Fork only had the old black mugs, so we waited to redeem our dining plan mugs. Despite what we were told by a CM at RF, we were able to get the new RFID mugs at AKL with no problem. They work on any of the RFID machines at the resorts that have converted, and will work at other resorts like WL as well. The best part is this way we again got to each have a different color mug.
That WL dress is so cute on her. Mommy definitely needs one too.

I like the colors of the new mugs. The only problem is that DH and I like the same color.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2013, 06:42 AM   #2148
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

My mother just brought me the old WL mug from 2004 Witt the green lid and says WL..it is in brand new condition because she never used it at home. I was thinking of using it in CL for my morning coffee. I miss the resort specific mugs. We had dining plan in August at BwI and the RFID mugs are pretty cool.. But I don't think they have rolled it out completely.. They told us they haven't gotten the ability to "shut them off" yet.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:43 AM   #2149
pigletto
DIS Veteran

These pictures are making me so excited!!!!
Just plop a great big Christmas tree into those lobby pictures and that's what we get to see in 96 days!!

It still feels so far away!!
Old 09-08-2013, 06:52 AM   #2150
ocalla
DIS Veteran

GrandCalifornian:

Thanks so much for the pics!!!

That little Allie is absolutely adorable.

What type of room did you book? was it GV?

And yes, I would love to walk out of my room right into the lobby like you are
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie

Old 09-08-2013, 06:57 AM   #2151
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2-JD View Post
CHECKED IN!!!!

We got the room DW (LuvGoldens) was hoping for, it is actually one floor down and one room closer to the lake than our room last year.

We so much enjoy the first walk into the lobby, well actually every walk into the lobby . The way the music crescendo's as the doors open and then

JD
So glad you got your preferred room location. Thanks for the photos and enjoy your first full day at WDW and WL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by APiratesLifeForMe2 View Post
FINALLY the double digit dance for our first stay at WL!!!

We are at 99 days my friends. This last 99 days will fly by right?
Fly by? Maybe if you're a pilot... Don't worry, we'll help make the time go by faster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorWhoGirl View Post
All these pics from those lucky people at the WL now are making me ever so anxious for our visit...7 weeks from tomorrow and we check in!!!
Less than 2 months!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethanyF View Post
I am going to go back and start from the beginning of the thread, but in the meantime maybe I can get my questions answered....

How big are the bunk beds? My son is about 6'2 and my niece is only about 5'. I'm not worried about my niece, but will my son be ok in the bunk bed? He did ok in the bunk at the Treehouses, are these about the same size?

Where are the bunk bed rooms? I know I can choose between courtyard or woods view; but is one area better than the other? Closer to the lobby? Closer to the boats? Any on the first or second floors?

Thanks
You can book either Courtyard or Woods, with Courtyard costing a bit more. If you are staying CL, then it's only a request since bunks aren't bookable. We prefer (INNER) Courtyard because we love looking at Bay Lake, but a North Wing Woods View room that's high up can have a partial Wishes/CR/Castle view and that location is much quieter than Inner CV because you won't really hear the afternoon pool party music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Ummmm... Looks like someone needs to reevaluate priorities...

P.S. thx for posting the historic discount link. Idk how to make a 'click here' link thingy

Yep, I need to stop mowing the lawn, definitely need to stop that...

You'll be pleased to know that I was finally able to get all 8 pages of my Photobucket WL August photos downsized and framed last night. Of course, they'll seem awfully familiar to you seeing that you were also there in August.

I hope to have my pictorial-laden WL TR up soon, (priorities, right?) I'll post the link here when it's official
Old 09-08-2013, 07:26 AM   #2152
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
So glad you got your preferred room location. Thanks for the photos and enjoy your first full day at WDW and WL!

Fly by? Maybe if you're a pilot... Don't worry, we'll help make the time go by faster

Less than 2 months!

You can book either Courtyard or Woods, with Courtyard costing a bit more. If you are staying CL, then it's only a request since bunks aren't bookable. We prefer (INNER) Courtyard because we love looking at Bay Lake, but a North Wing Woods View room that's high up can have a partial Wishes/CR/Castle view and that location is much quieter than Inner CV because you won't really hear the afternoon pool party music.

Yep, I need to stop mowing the lawn, definitely need to stop that...

You'll be pleased to know that I was finally able to get all 8 pages of my Photobucket WL August photos downsized and framed last night. Of course, they'll seem awfully familiar to you seeing that you were also there in August.

I hope to have my pictorial-laden WL TR up soon, (priorities, right?) I'll post the link here when it's official
KOOK Can't wait for you TR and all the wonderful pics!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 09-08-2013, 07:28 AM   #2153
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
It is so exciting to read posts from people who feel the same way I do about the WL, like the music when the entrance doors first open. Love it! I always take a deep breath, and my body relaxes. It's so nice.

I called with a room 'area' request in early August, and did the floor and wing request for online check-in, so I'm hoping for my favorite area when we check-in November 2. Love the quiet of being near the boat dock.

A recommendation for new WL converts (and 'old hands' too!), the free Wonders of the Lodge Tour is great fun. If nothing has changed, all you do is show up at 9am for the tour. Ask a CM, they will let you know if it is limited to certain days and where to meet. I do highly recommend it though!
I recommend it , too. We last took the tour last month and it was informative (and the price is right). It's offered Wed - Sat and meets at the lobby fireplace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
I love the quiet of the boat dock area, too. But if they didn't have loud afternoon pool parties, then I would be tempted to ask for a courtyard few.

Thanks for the review of the lodge tour. I'm trying to talk my DH into doing that tour. He thinks it will be boring.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
It's not boring at all (even my 14-year-old didn't think so) and it's very fast-paced. You go from the lobby, to VWL, to Territory Lounge, Artist Point and then end up on the 6th floor. He times it so it ends precisely when the 10:00 geyser "erupts." He can be a bit hard to hear though, but you can always ask questions or ask him to repeat something you didn't catch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippa D Doodah View Post
That seems to be how it worked out for me. Good thing I had such a hectic late summer, because it seems like just yesterday my countdown was at 99 days. Now it is at 18.

Quote:
We just got back to the room after leaving at 10 this morning. We had a long but fun day with MK, Epcot, redeeming our photopass +, getting our APs renewed, and dinner at Boma.

I did want to share a couple of pictures because Allie wore her WL dress all day.

Also I wanted to update the mug situation. Roaring Fork only had the old black mugs, so we waited to redeem our dining plan mugs. Despite what we were told by a CM at RF, we were able to get the new RFID mugs at AKL with no problem. They work on any of the RFID machines at the resorts that have converted, and will work at other resorts like WL as well. The best part is this way we again got to each have a different color mug.
It's great seeing your photos and finally seeing the WL dress in action. Did you get any comments? Melissa has to get her own WL shirt. I recommend the red ladies WL shirt, if they still have it. I always wear mine on arrival day so if I get lost, folks will know where home is

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
We still have our large WL 'forever refillable for free' mugs from five or so years ago. They have always honored them in the past (we do get funny looks sometimes). I wonder if they still will with the new RFID mugs being rolled out?
If it isn't RFID technology, then the mug will only work for water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
GrandCalifornian:

I'm not Paul, but they booked a Standard View. There aren't any Garden View rooms at WL, but there are Woods View.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:29 AM   #2154
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
KOOK Can't wait for you TR and all the wonderful pics!

Nice to see you over here, Sheila! Your BWI trip is coming up soon
Old 09-08-2013, 07:31 AM   #2155
moonshadow
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Here's a couple of lobby pics from this morning. We love walking out of our room to see this:

These pictures are simply amazing! I can not wait to get there tomorrow. I'm trying to talk my DW to get on the road by 7:00am so we get get there around 9:30 but I have a feeling we wont start our trip until 9:00am. Either way we'll be walking through those doors sometime tomorrow.

Looking forward to our 6:00 Artist Point reservation on Monday. We have never eaten there and hoping for a romantic dinner.

I don't know what I would do without disboards and everybody that's on it!

WL - Sept 2013, POLY - Sept 2010, BCV - Sept 2005, BWV - July 1997, CR - June 1987

Last edited by moonshadow; 09-08-2013 at 12:45 PM.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:33 AM   #2156
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
GrandCalifornian:

Thanks so much for the pics!!!

That little Allie is absolutely adorable.

And yes, I would love to walk out of my room right into the lobby like you are
Thank you. We love taking pictures, especially of WL. I still can't walk to the room without taking at least a couple of pics.

We booked Standard view, and requested high floor, open to lobby. Our room we are in is considered Woods View, but if it were 2 floors lower it would be Standard View.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:41 AM   #2157
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
These pictures are simply amazing! I can not wait to get there tomorrow. I'm trying to talk my DW to get on the road by 7:00am so we get get there around 9:30 but I have a feeling we wont start our trip until 9:00am. Either way we'll be walking through those doors sometime tomorrow.

Looking forward to our 6:00 Artist Point reservation on Monday. We have never eaten there and hoping for a romantic dinner.

I don't know what I would do what disboards and everybody that's on it!
I can't ever sleep-in the second morning when we leave GA for WDW or if we're coming up from Boca. Last month, I told DD and DH it was time to get up and get ready one hour earlier than I told them we were going to get up. They kept asking what time it was and I just ignored them - can you try this technique with DW? DH finally figured it out when we were in the car that we were about an hour ahead of schedule

Let us know how you liked AP.

Quote:
Thank you. We love taking pictures, especially of WL. I still can't walk to the room without taking at least a couple of pics.

We booked Standard view, and requested high floor, open to lobby. Our room we are in is considered Woods View, but if it were 2 floors lower it would be Standard View.
Thanks for clarifying and it'll be great to see today's outfit
Old 09-08-2013, 07:50 AM   #2158
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I recommend it , too. We last took the tour last month and it was informative (and the price is right). It's offered Wed - Sat and meets at the lobby fireplace.

It's great seeing your photos and finally seeing the WL dress in action. Did you get any comments? Melissa has to get her own WL shirt. I recommend the red ladies WL shirt, if they still have it. I always wear mine on arrival day so if I get lost, folks will know where home is
Thanks KOOK. It is fun being in your time zone. We will be getting Melissa a WL shirt and will look for the red one. I might as well pick up a second one for me too. . We would love to do the Lodge tour, but it will depend on the type of morning miss Allie is having. She can be very patient, or more like a three year old. We did get some comments on the dress, mainly from Cast Members asking if we were staying at WL, and often mentioning how they love to visit there.

Another funny side story, we thought we might not make it back home last night, since we didn't leave AKL until almost 9PM when the last parks closed. So, we had to connect via Downtown Disney. Our bus wait time wasn't too bad, but it was 35 minutes from DTD to WL on a completely full bus. Our total time from AKL to WL was 1 hour, 35 minutes. We were fine with it, but I can see why some people use Taxis for resort hopping.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:59 AM   #2159
jgperkin
DIS Veteran

For any of you that are there right now...has anyone talked with anyone at conceirges about the roll out of magic bands at wl? We r heading there the first week of december and I am curious... ;-) thanks!!!
Aug. 09, Off site: We got engaged! Swan: July '07,DD First trip! Riverside: April '08, Wilderness Lodge: May'09, Corn. Spring: Aug. '09, Polynesian: April '10, ASMovies & Carribean Beach: Aug.'10, Riverside: Feb. '11, Pop Century: April '11, Wilderness Lodge & Cruise on the DREAM & Kidani Village, Aug. '11 for 10 year anniversary, Pop Century, Sept. '11, Aug. '12 Family Trip: Carribean Beach, Mar./Apr. '13 Cruise on the Fantasy & AOA, Aug '13, French Qrt., Dec. '13 1st Xmas Trip Wilderness Lodge August 2014 Back to Wilderness Lodge!
Old 09-08-2013, 08:00 AM   #2160
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Thanks KOOK. It is fun being in your time zone. We will be getting Melissa a WL shirt and will look for the red one. I might as well pick up a second one for me too. . We would love to do the Lodge tour, but it will depend on the type of morning miss Allie is having. She can be very patient, or more like a three year old. We did get some comments on the dress, mainly from Cast Members asking if we were staying at WL, and often mentioning how they love to visit there.

Another funny side story, we thought we might not make it back home last night, since we didn't leave AKL until almost 9PM when the last parks closed. So, we had to connect via Downtown Disney. Our bus wait time wasn't too bad, but it was 35 minutes from DTD to WL on a completely full bus. Our total time from AKL to WL was 1 hour, 35 minutes. We were fine with it, but I can see why some people use Taxis for resort hopping.
If you're going to do the tour with Allie, I would have a stroller as an option. I would probably recommend the tour for maybe ages 8-10 and up, but if she's in a stroller, she could relax. It goes quickly because you get to move about, but it is an hour of just listening and some standing still.

Wow, you must have felt like you wouldn't ever get back home last night. Have fun today!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: