Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 11:16 AM   #2131
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethanyF View Post
I am going to go back and start from the beginning of the thread, but in the meantime maybe I can get my questions answered....

How big are the bunk beds? My son is about 6'2 and my niece is only about 5'. I'm not worried about my niece, but will my son be ok in the bunk bed? He did ok in the bunk at the Treehouses, are these about the same size?

Where are the bunk bed rooms? I know I can choose between courtyard or woods view; but is one area better than the other? Closer to the lobby? Closer to the boats? Any on the first or second floors?

Thanks
We love the bunk bed rooms and prefer inner courtyard near Silver Springs. Specific room # are not published but I can tell you they are spread around the resort. As for one location being better than another, I think it's personal preference. We have ours, some prefer a room that opens to the lobby, or closer it Bay Lake and the pool, or a quieter woods view.

The size of the bunk beds are standard (not XL twin). DS is 5'10" and is fine. I would think if yours was fine in the treehouse, he'd be fine at WL.

Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 09-07-2013, 02:01 PM   #2132
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

It is so exciting to read posts from people who feel the same way I do about the WL, like the music when the entrance doors first open. Love it! I always take a deep breath, and my body relaxes. It's so nice.

I called with a room 'area' request in early August, and did the floor and wing request for online check-in, so I'm hoping for my favorite area when we check-in November 2. Love the quiet of being near the boat dock.

A recommendation for new WL converts (and 'old hands' too!), the free Wonders of the Lodge Tour is great fun. If nothing has changed, all you do is show up at 9am for the tour. Ask a CM, they will let you know if it is limited to certain days and where to meet. I do highly recommend it though!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2013, 03:02 PM   #2133
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
. Love the quiet of being near the boat dock.

A recommendation for new WL converts (and 'old hands' too!), the free Wonders of the Lodge Tour is great fun. If nothing has changed, all you do is show up at 9am for the tour. Ask a CM, they will let you know if it is limited to certain days and where to meet. I do highly recommend it though!
I love the quiet of the boat dock area, too. But if they didn't have loud afternoon pool parties, then I would be tempted to ask for a courtyard few.

Thanks for the review of the lodge tour. I'm trying to talk my DH into doing that tour. He thinks it will be boring.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 09-07-2013, 03:22 PM   #2134
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Here's a couple of lobby pics from this morning. We love walking out of our room to see this:

Old 09-07-2013, 03:50 PM   #2135
rhondakg
Mouseketeer

ok my WL friends I need some help - first timer wdw and wl. I arrive at WL at 7:00 p.m and I need my photo pass plus card for an early ADR at a park the next morning - which of the places copied here are closest and easiest to get to from the WL? I want to be prepared for an early adr at our first ever park the next a.m. (I want the photo pass prior to going to breakfast)

M. Mouse Mercantile at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

Trader Jack's at Disney's Polynesian Resort

Zawadi at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge

Beach Club Marketplace at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resort

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR WONDERFUL WL ADVISE AND HELP - I have been researching stuff for almost 1yr and we are getting soo close, I just can't stand it
Old 09-07-2013, 04:00 PM   #2136
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondakg View Post
ok my WL friends I need some help - first timer wdw and wl. I arrive at WL at 7:00 p.m and I need my photo pass plus card for an early ADR at a park the next morning - which of the places copied here are closest and easiest to get to from the WL? I want to be prepared for an early adr at our first ever park the next a.m. (I want the photo pass prior to going to breakfast)

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR WONDERFUL WL ADVISE AND HELP - I have been researching stuff for almost 1yr and we are getting soo close, I just can't stand it
Either of the monorail resorts would be easier. Just take the boat to CR and then monorail to either GF or Poly.

The only problem we ran into was that those Photopass stations have very limited hours, so might not be open when you go. We ended up just doing it at MK.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 09-07-2013, 04:03 PM   #2137
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondakg View Post

Congrats on your first visit! And good choice going with the WL.

In the past, I have left our PP in the room. I mentioned this to the photog, who handed us a new card. All I had to do is link this card to my account and all my photos were accessible. This may relieve some of the stress of trying to get your PP+ card. Although, I have never used the PP+.

Is your ADR at MK the next day?

Old 09-07-2013, 04:24 PM   #2138
rhondakg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Congrats on your first visit! And good choice going with the WL.

In the past, I have left our PP in the room. I mentioned this to the photog, who handed us a new card. All I had to do is link this card to my account and all my photos were accessible. This may relieve some of the stress of trying to get your PP+ card. Although, I have never used the PP+.

Is your ADR at MK the next day?
thanks for the quick reply No - it is at Tusker house and the reason I want the photo pass plus before hand is because if the cm's see that it is a plus I will also get the printed photo that they give which is not included w/the regular pp ??? got this info on the photo pass plus thread.

This is why I came to back to this thread - because of all the wl folks here seem to know there way around and could get me to the closest location for the pp+ and I really don't mind checking out another resort our first night we will have a rental car. THE REMAINDER OF THE trip will be spent at WL and the parks I can not wait. thanks!!!
Old 09-07-2013, 04:32 PM   #2139
TheLodgeLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
We had a great first night just walking around the resort last night. We had to take a few courtyard pictures:

Then we walked down to the dock and caught the water parade as it went by the Contemporary.

Now I am sitting on the balcony watching the park buses come and go waiting for everyone else to wake up.

It is going to be a great day!
Great photos, nice view from your room
Old 09-07-2013, 04:33 PM   #2140
TheLodgeLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2-JD View Post
CHECKED IN!!!!

Thanks Paul! We will have to try and meet to say Hi and introduce ourselves.

We got the room DW (LuvGoldens) was hoping for, it is actually one floor down and one room closer to the lake than our room last year.

We so much enjoy the first walk into the lobby, well actually every walk into the lobby . The way the music crescendo's as the doors open and then

JD
Very nice room view!
Old 09-07-2013, 04:34 PM   #2141
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Quote:
It is so exciting to read posts from people who feel the same way I do about the WL, like the music when the entrance doors first open. Love it! I always take a deep breath, and my body relaxes. It's so nice.

I called with a room 'area' request in early August, and did the floor and wing request for online check-in, so I'm hoping for my favorite area when we check-in November 2. Love the quiet of being near the boat dock.

I actually have the lobby music loop on my iPod. Fred (another oldVet) sent it to me years ago.. I listened to it before I went in February and plan to start listening again... It makes me so happy!
Old 09-07-2013, 04:34 PM   #2142
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

You will get the printed photos if you have the PP+ card. Now you just need to find the hours for the resort locations.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 09-07-2013, 09:44 PM   #2143
Zippa D Doodah
Suffering from Fairy Alienation. Is there a program for that?
I'm such a shameless taghound!
I am an unabashed Q-tipper !

Quote:
Originally Posted by APiratesLifeForMe2 View Post
FINALLY the double digit dance for our first stay at WL!!!

We are at 99 days my friends. This last 99 days will fly by right?
That seems to be how it worked out for me. Good thing I had such a hectic late summer, because it seems like just yesterday my countdown was at 99 days. Now it is at 18.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:09 PM   #2144
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

We just got back to the room after leaving at 10 this morning. We had a long but fun day with MK, Epcot, redeeming our photopass +, getting our APs renewed, and dinner at Boma.

I did want to share a couple of pictures because Allie wore her WL dress all day.

Both Allie and I showed our favorite resort in our choice of attire. I think Mommy needs a WL shirt too.

I bet she gets one this time.

Also I wanted to update the mug situation. Roaring Fork only had the old black mugs, so we waited to redeem our dining plan mugs. Despite what we were told by a CM at RF, we were able to get the new RFID mugs at AKL with no problem. They work on any of the RFID machines at the resorts that have converted, and will work at other resorts like WL as well. The best part is this way we again got to each have a different color mug.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:14 PM   #2145
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

We still have our large WL 'forever refillable for free' mugs from five or so years ago. They have always honored them in the past (we do get funny looks sometimes). I wonder if they still will with the new RFID mugs being rolled out?

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: