Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 10:33 PM   #196
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lala3291 View Post
Hi Everyone! We are so excited about our upcoming first stay at the WL that begins one week from Tuesday!!

I just booked Hoop Dee Doo for June 7th at 4PM. I know there is a bus to FW, as well as a boat and a walking trail. We have to be there at about 3:15/3:30 PM. We plan to go to a park in the morning at RD, but I am thinking about being back at the resort by about 12:30ish to shower and get ready. I have three girls (22, 19, and 11), so it will be a process! What is the easiest/quickest way to get to Pioneer Hall from WL?

Thank you! We are so looking forward to our trip, I am already too excited to sleep!
The best way to get from WL to FW is by boat. It is a really nice boat ride, about ten or fifteen minutes long, depending on whether it stops at CR first or not, and it drops you off right near Pioneer Hall. A bus ride is not as much fun and I think it requires two buses.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 05-26-2013, 10:47 PM   #197
lala3291
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
The best way to get from WL to FW is by boat. It is a really nice boat ride, about ten or fifteen minutes long, depending on whether it stops at CR first or not, and it drops you off right near Pioneer Hall. A bus ride is not as much fun and I think it requires two buses.
Thank you for the quick response! I was worried that the boat would go to MK before FW, but as long as it may only stop at CR, that sounds perfect! Thanks again.

March '98- BC March '00- BWI Feb. '04- BWI Sept '05 BC Nov. '06 -GF Oct. '07- GF August '08-GF Feb. '09- BWI May '10- BWI March '11- BC May '11- BWI July '11- BWI Nov. '11- GF Feb. '12- BC July '12- Poly Nov. '12- GF New Year's '13- Poly Feb. '13- POR June '13- WL August '13- YC Dec. '13- GF March '14- BC July '14- BWI March '15- BC
Nov. '15- GF
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-26-2013, 10:50 PM   #198
grkmbee
Mouseketeer

Back to WL

Hi there! My family is heading down to WDW this summer. Originally we booked AoA since it was to be me and DH, DD2, DS4, DS6 and DMom. DH is now saying he doesn't want to go - or at least not go for all 9 nights. Not sure what is wrong with him but that is a whole 'nother post! Anyway, DS6, DMom and I stayed at WL April '12 and LOVED it. Since DH isn't going to be there for at least part of the trip, we were thinking about doing a split stay and when DH flies home, we'd head on over to WL. With three little ones and only two adults, it makes a lot of sense for us to splurge for CL as we'll be able to pop over for snacks during nap time or phase kids out of the room and over to breakfast as they get ready in the AM (all with adult supervision, of course). Since we'll have a crib in the room for DD2, we'd love to have bunk beds for the boys. Does anyone know how many CL bunk bed rooms there are or what their locations might be? Are either of the rooms that directly face Bay Lake (located adjacent to the Pres and V.Pres suites) bunk rooms? I'm so excited to get to go back - now just waiting on DH to make up his mind so I can get the room ressies changed!
Old 05-26-2013, 11:03 PM   #199
StephyDee
One day the tag fairy will pity me enough to give me an awesome tag. Until then?.....BACON AND DUCKS! >:D

Quote:
Hi Everyone! We are so excited about our upcoming first stay at the WL that begins one week from Tuesday!!

I just booked Hoop Dee Doo for June 7th at 4PM. I know there is a bus to FW, as well as a boat and a walking trail. We have to be there at about 3:15/3:30 PM. We plan to go to a park in the morning at RD, but I am thinking about being back at the resort by about 12:30ish to shower and get ready. I have three girls (22, 19, and 11), so it will be a process! What is the easiest/quickest way to get to Pioneer Hall from WL?

Thank you! We are so looking forward to our trip, I am already too excited to sleep!
I'm excited for you! The next time I go to WDW, I wanna stay at WL, and specifically because I wanna see it during Christmastime with my parents. Trying to convert my Dad into a Disney-appreciator (long story short...last time he went was July of '97, and he takes meds, so.....not cool )

But anyways, my mom and I are determined to get him to go during the first week in December. In a perfect world it'd be this December coming up, but we'll see. *hopes and prays*

Hope your trip is magical and full of pixie dust!

My Ultimate Dream: To see Walt Disney World during Christmas time...and not worry about how much it costs to reach that dream...*sigh*
Old 05-27-2013, 09:32 AM   #200
lala3291
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephyDee View Post
I'm excited for you! The next time I go to WDW, I wanna stay at WL, and specifically because I wanna see it during Christmastime with my parents. Trying to convert my Dad into a Disney-appreciator (long story short...last time he went was July of '97, and he takes meds, so.....not cool )

But anyways, my mom and I are determined to get him to go during the first week in December. In a perfect world it'd be this December coming up, but we'll see. *hopes and prays*

Hope your trip is magical and full of pixie dust!
Thank you! We can't wait! Hope you get to WL sometime soon.

March '98- BC March '00- BWI Feb. '04- BWI Sept '05 BC Nov. '06 -GF Oct. '07- GF August '08-GF Feb. '09- BWI May '10- BWI March '11- BC May '11- BWI July '11- BWI Nov. '11- GF Feb. '12- BC July '12- Poly Nov. '12- GF New Year's '13- Poly Feb. '13- POR June '13- WL August '13- YC Dec. '13- GF March '14- BC July '14- BWI March '15- BC
Nov. '15- GF
Old 05-27-2013, 10:33 AM   #201
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:

We love the boat to FW, but we did take the bus also. It is super quick, just 5 min, no transfers, and it takes you to right down the street from Pioneer Hall. We did this for our HDDR trip because it was raining and that way we didn't have to walk down to the boat dock.
Old 05-27-2013, 03:19 PM   #202
Sadie22
DIS Veteran

If I am interpreting the room chart correctly, it looks like there are some woods view rooms which also have a side overlooking the lobby. Any comments on those rooms? I've heard higher floors might be quieter, of course. We have requested a room with a king bed but that's it. Now I'm thinking we might want to request a room overlooking the lobby also, or remove the king bed request and just request lobby view. Anyone know how many king rooms there are which overlook the lobby? If I were hoping for a king room overlooking the lobby, how should I phrase the request?
Old 05-27-2013, 04:22 PM   #203
MSNana
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadie22 View Post
If I am interpreting the room chart correctly, it looks like there are some woods view rooms which also have a side overlooking the lobby. Any comments on those rooms? I've heard higher floors might be quieter, of course. We have requested a room with a king bed but that's it. Now I'm thinking we might want to request a room overlooking the lobby also, or remove the king bed request and just request lobby view. Anyone know how many king rooms there are which overlook the lobby? If I were hoping for a king room overlooking the lobby, how should I phrase the request?
We have stayed at the WL more times than I can remember, and have requested a king room each time, but have never been able to get one. Last time, I begged. I was told they are very limited, and there were none available. I'm sure some people have better success. I wish you much luck!
Old 05-27-2013, 05:29 PM   #204
cheesemouse
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone - We just booked (rented points) for a 1BR WLV for March 13-16. I'm excited as this is our first stay at either WL/WLV. We are doing a split stay of WLV and AKV on either side of a cruise. We have never stayed at AKL either so it will be a trip of many firsts! Our littlest will be 2 years at that time and this is our last opportunity to try WL/AKL before needing a 2BR unit.

A few questions. Any thoughts on a room request for the 1BR WLV? Our kids will be 8, 5, and 2 and we'll have a double stroller to haul around. I was thinking 1st floor so we didn't have to deal with an elevator but am not sure if they are any drawbacks to the 1st floor? Do they have patios or balconies? Also, some face the parking/bus area correct? How would I word a request to get on the other side of the building?

I'm also thinking of doing Hoop Dee Doo this trip since the transportation to it will be easy. But I'm not confident about the 2 year old with that so I'll have to think about it a little more. So excited for this trip!
Old 05-27-2013, 08:26 PM   #205
disd55
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesemouse View Post
Hi everyone - We just booked (rented points) for a 1BR WLV for March 13-16. I'm excited as this is our first stay at either WL/WLV. We are doing a split stay of WLV and AKV on either side of a cruise. We have never stayed at AKL either so it will be a trip of many firsts! Our littlest will be 2 years at that time and this is our last opportunity to try WL/AKL before needing a 2BR unit.

A few questions. Any thoughts on a room request for the 1BR WLV? Our kids will be 8, 5, and 2 and we'll have a double stroller to haul around. I was thinking 1st floor so we didn't have to deal with an elevator but am not sure if they are any drawbacks to the 1st floor? Do they have patios or balconies? Also, some face the parking/bus area correct? How would I word a request to get on the other side of the building?

I'm also thinking of doing Hoop Dee Doo this trip since the transportation to it will be easy. But I'm not confident about the 2 year old with that so I'll have to think about it a little more. So excited for this trip!
You probably won't need a 1BR as the 8&5 yr olds can sleep in a bed and the 2 yr old doesn't need to bed yet, unless your prefer the 1R, then go for it. The wilderness Lodge is one of the taller resorts, the Villas also. I remember being on the 5th floor. You may want to request the 1st floor early on and then more closer to the trip, if you do online check in, reiterate it then. 1st floor is fine and they have patios on the first floor. Some villas face parking lot, some face the beach/back trails area. Basically just tell them that you would prefer a beach/lake view Villa, facing the quiet pool. Hoop Dee Doo is fun. Good luck!
Old 05-27-2013, 08:32 PM   #206
disd55
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesemouse View Post

You may not need a 1BR VILLA, but if it gives you more room and keeps you more organized go for it! Do the 1st floor, as there are no drawbacks, except there are patios not balconies. Request that now and then reiterate it when (if) you do online check-in or close to when you are leaving for WDW. For the views, you can get a quiet pool/beach view. Request that up to 5 days before you leave but you aren't guaranteed that request. Hoop Dee Doo is fun!
Old 05-27-2013, 09:21 PM   #207
KD2525
Earning My Ears

First trip to WL

Absolutely cannot wait to stay for the first time and will either go the week before Thanksgiving or the week after. I have two DD, ages 9 and 4 and we previously have stayed at CS, POR and PFQ. We have never been during Christmas and were wondering if there are any special resort activities at this time. Also, are photo pass pictures available in front of the tree?
Old 05-27-2013, 10:15 PM   #208
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you for the quick response! I was worried that the boat would go to MK before FW, but as long as it may only stop at CR, that sounds perfect! Thanks again.
There are two different boat routes. One just goes between MK and WL. The other goes between CR, FW and WL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
We love the boat to FW, but we did take the bus also. It is super quick, just 5 min, no transfers, and it takes you to right down the street from Pioneer Hall. We did this for our HDDR trip because it was raining and that way we didn't have to walk down to the boat dock.
Thanks for the information. I would take the bus, too, if the weather was bad. Was this a special bus for Hoop Dee Doo?

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 05-27-2013, 10:27 PM   #209
Sadie22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSNana View Post
We have stayed at the WL more times than I can remember, and have requested a king room each time, but have never been able to get one. Last time, I begged. I was told they are very limited, and there were none available. I'm sure some people have better success. I wish you much luck!
They probably give them to honeymooners. We'll survive wherever they assign us. DH has now decided he does not want to be off the lobby, also.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:34 PM   #210
lala3291
DIS Veteran

Quote:

There are two different boat routes. One just goes between MK and WL. The other goes between CR, FW and WL.

?
Thank you for the information on the boats! That makes much more sense now

Nov. '15- GF
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: