Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 08:47 AM   #2056
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
So I am checked in for my DW vacation which starts in 60 days (59 if you count the travel time, which I am).

{Way too excited over a hotel pre-checkin!}
You have every right to be excited .....online check in just means your trip is that much closer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
DD is back to school today so I will be back this afternoon to multi-quote. I hope to get my TR started this week
I can't wait to read all about your trip .

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki7680 View Post
12 more days until we leave for Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondakg View Post
I'm 94 days out from our trip - and I have buterflies in my stomach of anticipation of our first trip to WDW and to stay at WL - I CAN NOT WAIT - this board has helped me soo much!!!!
You are going to love it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TandLMommy28 View Post
Do the bunk bed rooms make the room feel bigger? I don't know how much we'd notice since we are typically moderate people and WL is already bigger than POR but we will also have one in a pack n play so the extra space would be nice. Just wondering.
We've had two stays at the WL with one of those stays in a BB room and we noticed a little more floor space, but nothing exceptional that made the room feel bigger (at least not to us).

Quote:
Busy day which included booking WL for 12/23 - 12/25 using the just-released -35% AP rate instead of the SoG overflow rate I had of only 20% off. I was able to get the same Woods View we have booked. Couldn't book past 12/25 with the AP, but at least we have the SoG rate from 12/25 - 12/31.
Congrats on the AP rate .....you're going to have another awesome trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryCM View Post
Only 23 more days!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
You seriously the best... EVER!!!
I agree.....KOOK, you're awesome .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
Stopping in to join..

I am an OLD WL Vet from the days of Roy.. But I just upgraded our stay in November from AKL to WL Club Level!! I am so excited! Love a good AP rate!!
You're going to love WL CL .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raya View Post
We leave in 14 days and I'm already dreaming about next year's trip.
You will be checking into the WL before you know it . Dream away.....it's never too early to think about the next trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
Sorry, this is the first chance I have had to post. We arrived in Orlando on Friday morning about 1:30 at the Residence Inn at Sea World and all settled down to sleep about 2am, I woke up at 4:30 with a furious stomach virus and I was done until Saturday morning.

We didn't make it to Sea World, we left the RI and headed to WL about 10:30, I think, I was so out of it, I'm not really sure. Our room was ready, thank goodness and I don't know what I would have done if we hadn't been OFC, they kept me hooked up with Sprite, even when the lounge was closed. My husband went off to the car shows and came back sick and they hunted him down some Motrin. WL CL staff was truly a blessing and I have every intention of writing a letter to let Disney know how much they went above and beyond the call of duty.

We hit DHS and Epcot on Saturday and MK on Sunday. DH and I stayed at MK until about 1:30am and my friend's DH closed them down at 3am. We checked out on Monday and went to DTD for a few hours before the long drive home. I am back at work now and it doesn't even feel like I've been anywhere. I want a do over without the illness. I didn't even get to go to the pool or enjoy any of the activities the resort had to offer, sucks to get sick on vacation. We had room 7062 with a beautiful view of the CR and I could hear the fireworks from the bed on Friday night, but didn't get up to watch, now I wish I had.

Dh and I are hoping to go back fro Christmas 2014. Until then, I will have to live vicarioously through all my Dis friends.
I'm sorry you and your DH got sick....it's not fun getting sick on vacation. The WL CL CMs are amazing.....glad they took good care of you. I hope you are able to return for Christmas in 2014.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hebbynan View Post
2 weeks from today I will be checking in here!! I'm so excited!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippa D Doodah View Post
I will be checking in at WL in THREE WEEKS!!!! I have been pretty busy lately and the time has flown by, I can hardly believe the trip has crept up on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
It's official -- booked our very first WL stay!! Just a short trip: Jan 25-30!
Congrats.....the WL is awesome....you're going to love it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haygar2 View Post
We are booked, for our first ever stay at WL, September 7th -13th 2014. We will be celebrating my birthday and our 20th wedding anniversary. Of course, because they would disown us if we didn't, our children will be with us. Only way to celebrate is for us all to celebrate together.
What a great way to celebrate your birthday and anniversary . I agree about taking the kids.....if it were me, I wouldn't do it any other way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgali2000 View Post
56 days til DD's make hot chocolate at old faithful club!!!!! Can't wait!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
58 for us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymac123 View Post
Still here, CL coffee is still Nescafé but rooms have Joffreys coffee.
Hope you're having a great time .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberator View Post
I can not believe that we are going to be in an aircraft on Sunday heading to Orlando....
Have a great trip .

Quote:
Well, down to 22 more days and we get devastating news yesterday. My husband's sister has passed away. She was only 57 and lived alone. It was probably a heart attack. Jim is so upset. In the past 2 years he has lost his father, mother and only brother. His youngest sister passed away 11 years ago from cancer. I am trying so hard to help him through this latest tragedy.

So, back home to MA over the weekend and help his 2 other sisters get through this. We will be going on our trip since he said he wants to go and just be away. Please cherish every moment with your family. This is just another reminder to us that life is short and can be taken from us at anytime.
I'm so sorry for your loss .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 09-05-2013, 08:59 AM   #2057
frazeemama
Earning My Ears

Quote:
YIPPEE!! I'll officially place it in the Lodgers' Log
Where is the Lodgers' Log??
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2013, 09:02 AM   #2058
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazeemama View Post
Where is the Lodgers' Log??
Post #1 of this thread.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:05 AM   #2059
GaBelle
DIS Veteran

Single digit dance! 9 days away!!
Old 09-05-2013, 09:06 AM   #2060
rotlex
Is it summer yet?

Our official WL stay dates for 2014 - would love to see me in the Lodgers Log again

August 20th through August 28th 2014! Let the countdown begin!!!!

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
- Dr. Seuss

Old 09-05-2013, 09:10 AM   #2061
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBelle View Post
Single digit dance! 9 days away!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotlex View Post
Our official WL stay dates for 2014 - would love to see me in the Lodgers Log again

August 20th through August 28th 2014! Let the countdown begin!!!!
How exciting .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 09-05-2013, 09:18 AM   #2062
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymac123 View Post
Still here, CL coffee is still Nescafé but rooms have Joffreys coffee.

The new mugs come in on sept 12 or 16 can't remember?? The old mugs can not hop to other resorts with new system.
Thanks for the update. I hope you are having a great long trip.
It is neat to know the mugs are coming, but I think we will try getting ours elsewhere to start the trip. We will see how it goes tomorrow!
Old 09-05-2013, 12:02 PM   #2063
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Apologizing for not multi-quoting yet. Busy day which included booking WL for 12/23 - 12/25 using the just-released -35% AP rate instead of the SoG overflow rate I had of only 20% off. I was able to get the same Woods View we have booked. Couldn't book past 12/25 with the AP, but at least we have the SoG rate from 12/25 - 12/31.
Had to check in to find my long lost DISsis Congrats!! WL at Christmas AWESOME Miss you on the RC thread (I am still at WL CL but in June instead of August)

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 09-05-2013, 12:38 PM   #2064
ClareH37
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, down to 22 more days and we get devastating news yesterday. My husband's sister has passed away. She was only 57 and lived alone. It was probably a heart attack. Jim is so upset. In the past 2 years he has lost his father, mother and only brother. His youngest sister passed away 11 years ago from cancer. I am trying so hard to help him through this latest tragedy.

So, back home to MA over the weekend and help his 2 other sisters get through this. We will be going on our trip since he said he wants to go and just be away. Please cherish every moment with your family. This is just another reminder to us that life is short and can be taken from us at anytime.
I'm so sorry for your loss Kerry, thoughts with you all

1992/1994/1995/1997/1999/2001 - Offsite/POFQ * December 2004 - CSR, YC * December 2006 - YC CL * May 2007 - BWI * December 2007 - GF RPC, BWI CL * May 2009 - BWI CL *
May 2010 - BWI CL * November 2011 - BWI CL * December 2012 - BC CL * May 2014 - GF CL & WL CL *
Old 09-05-2013, 01:09 PM   #2065
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClareH37 View Post
I'm so sorry for your loss Kerry, thoughts with you all
Oh my, me too Kerry. Didn't see this post, I am sorry...so very sorry for your family It is very true, we need to cherish every moment we have!

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 09-05-2013, 01:36 PM   #2066
Raya
Mouseketeer

Online check in and special requests...

I promise not to post too many silly questions until I leave. I just can't seem to stop thinking about little details.

Why would you use Online Check in? Does it speed up the check in process? How does it impact special requests? We've asked for quiet room, high floor, lots of sunlight. If we check in online is there less chance of getting those options? What about upgrades?
Old 09-05-2013, 01:44 PM   #2067
TheLodgeLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:

So sorry about your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:46 PM   #2068
TheLodgeLady
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=WDWKOOK;49466788]Apologizing for not multi-quoting yet. Busy day which included booking WL for 12/23 - 12/25 using the just-released -35% AP rate instead of the SoG overflow rate I had of only 20% off. I was able to get the same Woods View we have booked. Couldn't book past 12/25 with the AP, but at least we have the SoG rate from 12/25 - 12/31.

QUOTE]

Very cool! Every discount helps!! Glad you are able to use it.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #2069
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
I promise not to post too many silly questions until I leave. I just can't seem to stop thinking about little details.

Why would you use Online Check in? Does it speed up the check in process? How does it impact special requests? We've asked for quiet room, high floor, lots of sunlight. If we check in online is there less chance of getting those options? What about upgrades?
We use online checkin to have the credit card on file ahead of time to slightly speed up the process when we arrive at the resort. We mainly rely on location requests noted in the reservation since the options at online checkin are limited.

Some believe using online checkin will help or hurt your chances of getting your requests met or an upgrade, but my opinion is it probably doesn't matter too much. We have gotten unrequested upgrades when using online checkin.

Happy planning!

Last edited by GrandCalifornian; 09-05-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:18 PM   #2070
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Don't be afraid to ask questions. I'm one of the people who love to talk about the WL and am happy to answer if I can.

People who use online check in might have a faster check in process when they arrive at the resort. When we arrived in February, the CM who greeted us at the door asked if we had done online check in. We hadn't done it because we were trying to get a room close to our daughter's room. But if we had done the online check in, we could have gone over to the counter that had two CM's and no one in line. Instead we had to go to the regular CM's, which fortunately weren't too busy.

I've heard of a lot of pixie dust upgrades for people who had done online check in. I don't think it makes a lot of difference whether you do it or not. And if you don't like the room you are assigned, you can ask to change it.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: