Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 06:14 PM   #2041
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
YIPPEE!! I'll officially place it in the Lodgers' Log
Thanks!
Old 09-04-2013, 06:14 PM   #2042
Haygar2
Mouseketeer

We are booked, for our first ever stay at WL, September 7th -13th 2014. We will be celebrating my birthday and our 20th wedding anniversary. Of course, because they would disown us if we didn't, our children will be with us. Only way to celebrate is for us all to celebrate together.
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2013, 06:20 PM   #2043
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

I think there is a couple of us in CL for November 1
Old 09-04-2013, 06:21 PM   #2044
madgali2000
Earning My Ears

56 days til DD's make hot chocolate at old faithful club!!!!! Can't wait!!
Old 09-04-2013, 06:25 PM   #2045
DisneyDmbNut

WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgali2000 View Post
58 for us!

I just found out the last night of MNSSHP is nov 1.. DH does NOT think this is exciting!!
Old 09-04-2013, 07:20 PM   #2046
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
The KTTW card has been RFID for awhile now.. Our keys were in June, July and even last weekend at BWI

Something I learned last weekend.. Once my reservation was logged in MDE, my AP opened my hotel door, charged and was my ticket. Even some CM's were surprised by the fact that my AP could do this.
That is pretty surprising. Did you try to see if your AP would make FP+ reservations, too.

Next up: WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 09-04-2013, 07:29 PM   #2047
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haygar2 View Post
We are booked, for our first ever stay at WL, September 7th -13th 2014. We will be celebrating my birthday and our 20th wedding anniversary. Of course, because they would disown us if we didn't, our children will be with us. Only way to celebrate is for us all to celebrate together.
. We were there in July with our kids celebrating our 25th and could not have imagined celebrating without them!

Happy 19th this year!
Wilderness Lodge Club Level - 2010, 2013
We'll be home soon...
Old 09-04-2013, 07:59 PM   #2048
DisneyDmbNut

WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
That is pretty surprising. Did you try to see if your AP would make FP+ reservations, too.
I was only in Epcot for dinner. Several former Disney Brides got together for a baby shower for another bride... So we were only in Epcot to eat. I have not been able to make FP reservations
Old 09-04-2013, 08:01 PM   #2049
Haygar2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie

. We were there in July with our kids celebrating our 25th and could not have imagined celebrating without them!

Happy 19th this year!
Thanks . We are so excited. Already have our restaurants picked out. I'm a planner. Lol
Old 09-04-2013, 10:49 PM   #2050
marymac123
DIS Veteran

Still here, CL coffee is still Nescafé but rooms have Joffreys coffee.

The new mugs come in on sept 12 or 16 can't remember?? The old mugs can not hop to other resorts with new system.

Old 09-04-2013, 11:00 PM   #2051
wunkmom
Tattooed, homeschooling, crocheting, cat wrangling SAHM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymac123 View Post
My husband can't stand Disney coffee. He is bringin his Keurig with him (we're driving, although I'm pretty sure he would have paid to ship it there if we were flying). Yes, we are weird. He is a coffee fanatic, but it has to be "his" coffee.

10/2013 - WL - first Deluxe trip!! TRIP REPORT FORTHCOMING!!!
2/2011 - Off site, at Grandma's house, just Wunk & me.
9/2008 - ASSports - So much rain, so few people!
1/2006 - POR - Look Wunk, Santa gave us a trip to Disney!
11/2003 - CBR - Wunk's first trip - Thanksgiving with extended family.
6/1991 - Dolphin - Concierge Level - With my future husband - Subway convention (13th fastest sandwich maker in US!)

Old 09-05-2013, 01:52 AM   #2052
Liberator
Mouseketeer

I can not believe that we are going to be in an aircraft on Sunday heading to Orlando....

Universal Orlando visits: 2008 Offsite *** 2009 Offsite *** 2013 Royal Pacific Resort
Old 09-05-2013, 04:12 AM   #2053
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

Well, down to 22 more days and we get devastating news yesterday. My husband's sister has passed away. She was only 57 and lived alone. It was probably a heart attack. Jim is so upset. In the past 2 years he has lost his father, mother and only brother. His youngest sister passed away 11 years ago from cancer. I am trying so hard to help him through this latest tragedy.

So, back home to MA over the weekend and help his 2 other sisters get through this. We will be going on our trip since he said he wants to go and just be away. Please cherish every moment with your family. This is just another reminder to us that life is short and can be taken from us at anytime.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:37 AM   #2054
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunkmom View Post
Are all KTTW cards RFID now, even in the non MB testing resorts like WL. I guess I'm wondering, are the tesing resorts giving out RFID KTTW cards and the non-testing resorts giving out mag strip KTTW cards, or is everything RFID now?

Thanks in advance!
The KTTW cards have been using RFID technology for a while. The "touch to open" tech. was the first use in the KTTW card. It now works for payment with the "touch to pay" system at the table and kiosks. I didn't like this since some restaurants were requiring you to do this as soon as you sat down to dine and you now have to put in a PIN each time. You will have the option of continuing to use these or the MB, when it's rolled out resort-wide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla4fun View Post
No grey stuff for me. I did have an excellent pork chop with mac and cheese and a lemon meringue cupcake. It was very noisy because of all the hard surfaces, but I will definitely go back. I was in the center of the ballroom.

BB in the room now is free dining for dates in Aug and Sept 2014. No other BB but it was that way last year too. I had to wait to book BB for the following year until my December trip because I need a room discount instead.

I don't know if this is new because I haven't encountered it during Sept before but they were combining the FW and WL boats this afternoon and only using the large boats. I am thinking the rain we have been getting the past few weeks could be playing as much of a part as crowds. It was very stormy looking when I came back to WL so I took the bus.
Thank you for the BB update for everyone. I hope you have another great day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Thanks!
You're welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haygar2 View Post
I'll add you to the Log and congratulations! Our DD "celebrates" along with us, too. There will come a day when they can't, so enjoy while you can

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgali2000 View Post
Don't forget the marshmallows!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post

Happy 19th this year!
Not even for just a few minutes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymac123 View Post

The new mugs come in on sept 12 or 16 can't remember?? The old mugs can not hop to other resorts with new system.
Thanks, Mary! Have you booked your next trip yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunkmom View Post
My husband can't stand Disney coffee. He is bringin his Keurig with him (we're driving, although I'm pretty sure he would have paid to ship it there if we were flying). Yes, we are weird. He is a coffee fanatic, but it has to be "his" coffee.

Not weird at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberator View Post
I can not believe that we are going to be in an aircraft on Sunday heading to Orlando....
But, not a B24, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryCM View Post
Well, down to 22 more days and we get devastating news yesterday. My husband's sister has passed away. She was only 57 and lived alone. It was probably a heart attack. Jim is so upset. In the past 2 years he has lost his father, mother and only brother. His youngest sister passed away 11 years ago from cancer. I am trying so hard to help him through this latest tragedy.

So, back home to MA over the weekend and help his 2 other sisters get through this. We will be going on our trip since he said he wants to go and just be away. Please cherish every moment with your family. This is just another reminder to us that life is short and can be taken from us at anytime.
Our sympathies go out to your DH. This has been a very rough two years for your DH and I'm glad to read that you can still go on this vacation. Life is indeed short and unpredictable and you are right to remind all of us to not take it for granted. I hope that this vacation can provide some comfort and a bit of a distraction from his grief. I have read that some guests like to release a balloon at WDW in honor of their loved-ones who have passed.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:36 AM   #2055
goofynut41
Disney Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryCM View Post

So sorry to hear your bad news, my thoughts and prayers go out to your family at this time... Your family will need some Disney time later to help you through...

Visiting Wilderness Lodge

1988 offsite, 1994 SOG, 1998 SOG, 2001 SOG, 2003 CS, 2005 SOG, 2006 SOG, 2007 SOG, 2009 JULY POR, 2009 DEC WL, 2010 AKL, 2011 SOG, 2013 SOG

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: