Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 06:01 PM   #1966
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by webprinter View Post
We will be arriving at the end of Sept. If WL doesn't have the new mugs, yet, can the ones they are currently selling be used at the other resorts that have the new mugs? We plan to get refills at the other resorts that we visit to eat. I hate to spend that much money if I won't be able to use it at all the resorts.
If the other resorts have the new mugs then no, the old ones will not work with the machines.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:34 PM   #1967
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by webprinter View Post

We will be arriving at the end of Sept. If WL doesn't have the new mugs, yet, can the ones they are currently selling be used at the other resorts that have the new mugs? We plan to get refills at the other resorts that we visit to eat. I hate to spend that much money if I won't be able to use it at all the resorts.
Our plan for this Friday is to get our mugs at another resort that has the new system in place. That way we will have the RFID mugs and the ability to use them anywhere.

Technically the old mugs were only to be used at one resort, so I imagine it would be hard to get them to let you use them at the resorts that have switched over, even though the new mugs are good at multiple resorts.

We will let you know how it goes for us.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2013, 07:45 AM   #1968
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie91098 View Post
Ill be there 2/25/14-3/4/14!!!!!!!!
to the DIS and the WL/VWL thread! I'll add you to our Lodgers' Log. Will you be staying at WL or VWL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotlex View Post
Just back from a 9 night stay at French Quarter. Had a good trip but needed to stay at a mod to save some money this year.

Good news is we booked a 9 night stay at WL for next August on a bounce back with free dining again! I know it's a year away but I can't wait to return to our families favorite resort!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
It's great having another trip planned. They year will go quickly - soon you can make your ADRs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJA View Post
We just returned from our first WL CL stay (we've stayed CL at BC, CR, and Poly), and I have to say WOW over the food offerings in the lounge! Breakfast was the normal things we are used to, except we truly did miss the oatmeal, HOWEVER one huge addition was the greek yogurt which I thought was fantastic and I had one every single morning. We are not usually around during the daytime, so no comment on the snacks. However, the appetizers during the dinner hour were way over our expectations. I had pre-read the menus, but I was still in awe over things like shephards pie - wow! It was really, really good and very filling. And a different night, we had the barbeque pork with normal-size (large) rolls - another wow - really good and very filling. And to think there was another hot appetizer with each of those. Then different salads or turkey/cheese roll-ups on some nights. And of course the normal veggies, bread, crackers, pb&j each night. I was just totally impressed with all the food variation.

Our room was very cute. We had a bunk bed inner courtyard view. I posted a live picture of our view a few pages back. At first we thought our room seemed too small to maneuver, but once we got used to it, it was just fine. I think we are just used to Poly and CR room sizes (which are bigger). Housekeeping was fabulous, CM's were very friendly -- we simply have no complaints. My DD's wear a lanyard with pins and a CM approached them one day and gave each of them a new pin!

As a side note, I have to add that we did have a spider/boat episode. I remember reading a thread about spiders coming out of nowhere on the big boat at night to eat those flying bugs. Well, since I'm terrified of spiders, I blocked it right out of my mind and didn't remember it until we were on a boat and I saw about 100 spiders crawling on the walls! Oh my gosh, it was the worst boat ride of my life. My DH had to go tell a lady she had a spider crawling up her back and then the screaming started -- I don't know, maybe he should've just brushed it off but he said he didn't want to touch her without warning her first so he showed her where it was and helped her get it off, but by then it was too late and there was a lot of panic on the boat. I guess now it's funny, sort of, but I'm not sure if I can ever take a boat again. I know during the daytime those spiders are hiding on the boat. I just wish there was a different way to get rid of the flying bugs -- I understand the spiders eat them and control them....but still...
Thanks so much for posting your review. What a great stay you had! The Shepard's Pie is new and quite tasty. That's quite the spider story, I can just imagine the panic, but at least there's the bus to the MK for the arachnophobic.

When will you get to return to WDW?
Old 09-02-2013, 08:12 AM   #1969
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaA View Post
ELEVEN MORE DAYS!!

I can't believe we're so close!

Here is a link to my blog, just to show off my Disney planner/smashbook.

http://doublehappinessdisney.blogspo...y-fanatic.html

I'll be updating while I'm there, to keep family/friends in the loop, but I'll post links here if I take pictures of our favorite resort.
Thanks for your link and have you packed yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrabuck View Post
Long time lurker, with my first post.

I have a standard room booked Oct29-Nov8 and finally reached early check in with 59 days remaining

We are celebrating our engagement. My understanding is that due to the limited amount of standard rooms, upgrades happen more frequently then other hotels on property.

Would it be best to hold off on doing online check in and just sticking to regular in person check in? Will this effect my chances of some disney magic and getting an upgrade? We do check in late because we are spending a night at the other orlando theme park. Probably wont be arriving till 8 or 9 pm. I am just trying to increase my chances as much as possible.

I know not to expect anything, but I do have some hope of making this trip extra special. Either way we are standing at an amazing hotel and can not wait.
to the DIS and the WL/VWL thread! You've gotten some great responses on your Standard booking, so don't worry about OCI, it won't be a problem. I always advise booking the view/room you really want so you won't be disappointed if you're not upgraded and have your engagement noted in your reservation.

You're going to have a great vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amys1978 View Post
We arrive in 19 days! I'm pretty psyched although now I am concerned about spiders on the boat, LOL...not a fan of spiders.
Yippee! Don't fret about the spiders, you'll be fine and you're going to have a great vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinPooh View Post
With all the great food in cl, is the dining plan even worth it??
Never done cl, as if u couldnt tell lol
I will say right off that I'm not a fan of the DDP. We much prefer using Tables in Wonderland. I know that not everyone can use it, but I still prefer purchasing meals and snacks OOP. This way, we only eat exactly the amount of food we want and we don't feel obligated to eat more or food we don't really want, like dessert with lunch.

Having said that, I wouldn't recommend anything more than the basic or QS DDP with CL. I know that some do the DxDP with CL, but I think that's too much food. If you're not doing CL for the food, then by all means, do the DxDP. A good way to do it is by using one TS credit for a breakfast or lunch and then use 2TS (Sig. dining) for dinner. It's still a lot of food, but more enjoyable. Some prefer a hot breakfast over the CL breakfast so the DDP could be used for that. Snacks aren't that varied and plentiful so a DDP lunch is a great substitute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
Oh no, the WL thread has been overcome with arachnophobia! Really though from what we have seen the spiders weren't bad, at least in September. We will chase them away for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymac123 View Post
We have having such a great time! Pixie Dust is flying around like crazy :, so many excellent CMs every where ( restaurants, parks & of course WL) Example...I got Oohey Gooey Toffee cake at dinner (sp?) Yum!!

The am buses are still not great, we do HS this morning so we'll see...but afternoon ones are empty.

The spiders on night boats are not as bad as in the past. I hate spiders & I was ok with it this year.
So glad you're having a great time at WL and WDW. We love your updates! Tell everyone I miss them

Quote:
Originally Posted by disd55 View Post
The bus is still running. All buses run up to an hour after park closing. Boats run 30-45 mins after park closing.

Just got back from an amazing stay at the Wilderness Lodge on August 26th, which makes it so hard to visit this thread, and this forum in general. We took the bus once to MK and it's no quicker than the boat, in fact we found that the boats came more often and it was as if Disney neglected the WL-MK bus route. We waited much longer for a bus than we ever did a boat.
The boats and ferries operate 1.5 hours after park closing and the buses follow about the same schedule, 1-1.5 hours after park closing.

I know it's hard to post when you don't have a trip planned - so you need to plan a trip back soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkarooni View Post
Well, we are at WL this week, it is our third stay at this resort. We have recently done BC several times. This is a quiet trip just DD and myself. Within the past 6 months we've had a rough time with her health and we thought this would be a nice diversion.

The room view is nice, we booked courtyard view. Unfortunately just not working out great for us. DD has to rest so we came back to room today at 2:30 and room not clean. I called housekeeping and they said they could be cleaning rooms until 5:00. I asked tomorrow if they could do us earlier, we left quite early. He said they would try.

Now I've been sitting on my balcony trying to let DD sleep and the people below us have been sitting on their balcony smoking for an hour, it's disgusting on my balcony. I finally called the front desk and they said they were going to send someone to my room. Not my room, their room please.

Hopefully this gets resolved so we can enjoy our accommodations.

Hate to be a downer but so far not much magic going on here.
I know that others have responded, but you're having a less than magical stay and I hope that it's gotten better. You should be able to press the housekeeping button on your phone and ask the Housekeeping Manager to schedule a morning cleaning. Explain that you need the room in the afternoon for your DD. They should do this for you.

Guests who smoke in or near their room can be fined. Was there any resolution to this? I would be very angry, too so I hope that after you called, they went to the offending room and put a stop to it.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:24 AM   #1970
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
May I recommend you personally go down to the front desk right away and explain the entire situation to them. Calling will just get you yo the call center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB1122 View Post
LOVE this thread. It makes me so excited.
We're excited to have you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Minnie View Post
Really hoping the Xmas decorations will be up by then since Thanksgiving is late. Any thoughts about the timing this year?
Generally, the Christmas decorations start going up at WL around November 13. I believe that the last few years, the huge tree in the lobby has been up by then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom4graceandlogan View Post
For anyone there now /just back. Are new refillable mugs stocked to sell yet? If so what colors?
This is what the new RFID mugs look like. They come in orange, purple and green lids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The real Mrs Potts View Post
Hi im here at WL CL anyone have any questione I can help answer while we are here!!
YAY! I hope you're having a great vacation. Don't forget about Cobbler Time tonight
Old 09-02-2013, 08:42 AM   #1971
DoctorWhoGirl
Mouseketeer

Just completed my online check-in for our upcoming stay at the WL! 55 more days...but who's counting

Quick question. I was able to request which floor I wanted(5th), but to be more specific do I just need to call the reservation line? I've got a woods view bunk room booked and would love the north wing.

Past Disney vacations:
Nov 2012 - POFQ
Oct/Nov 2013 - WL & MNSSHP
Old 09-02-2013, 09:11 AM   #1972
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The real Mrs Potts View Post
Hi im here at WL CL anyone have any questione I can help answer while we are here!!
Hope you're having a great time .

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
This is what the new RFID mugs look like. They come in orange, purple and green lids.
Hi KOOK . Thanks for this link. I haven't really followed everything on the new mugs, so I found this very informative .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorWhoGirl View Post
Just completed my online check-in for our upcoming stay at the WL! 55 more days...but who's counting

Quick question. I was able to request which floor I wanted(5th), but to be more specific do I just need to call the reservation line? I've got a woods view bunk room booked and would love the north wing.
Your trip will be here before you know it . Yes, if you want to add more requests, just call the regular reservation number and have any additional requests listed on your reservation .
Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 09-02-2013, 09:32 AM   #1973
marymac123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore29 View Post
Marymac, if you get a chance...can you swing by the Mercantile & tell me if they sell large containers of non-refrigerated juice, like Juicy Juice or something else that's 100% juice?

Thank you!
Today is our resort day,we closed MK down last night(this morning) at 3 am. I will check later and get back to you.

Old 09-02-2013, 10:52 AM   #1974
Alabama Minnie
DIS Veteran

Bus to DHS (MGM)

Never rode the bus to DHS before. How long does it usually take? Does it make extra stops coming and going? We will also have our car if driving would be better. DH isn't a "bus fan". Thanks!
Old 09-02-2013, 10:58 AM   #1975
LB1122
Life's full of tough choices...Disney is not one of them

Originally Posted by LovinPooh View Post
With all the great food in cl, is the dining plan even worth it??
Never done cl, as if u couldnt tell lol

For us the Deluxe Plan with CL is allowing us to go on several 2 meal credit adventures...we will be enjoying
- Cinderella's Table
- Candleight Processional
- Artist Point
- Le Celliar

for us the Deluxe is really paying off. But I so understand it is not for everyone.

Planning our next trip...Before she becomes an adult in Disney's eyes!!
Old 09-02-2013, 12:35 PM   #1976
stitch7977
Earning My Ears

Got back last week from our 1st WL stay. (2nd trip to WDW). Thanks to this thread we were well prepared with all the info we needed to make the most of our stay! First of all the resort is even more gorgeous in person than in the pictures online. We got a " Magical upgrade" from our woods view booking to an inner court yard bunk bed room! The kids were thrilled and the view was spectacular! I would post a picture but can't seem to figure out how to do that. We didn't even ask for an upgrade. I loved being able to take the boat for transportation and did not see a problem with the spiders but am glad I didn't know about them until after our trip. I really enjoyed the relaxing boat ride versus the bumpy freezing bus! The food at Roaring Forks was a bit disappointing though. We are not big "foodies" so this was not that big of a deal but expected better quality from a deluxe. Stayed at CSR last time and the Pepper Market was amazing! Kirk at the desk was fantastic and so was Paul our floor housekeeping manager! We truly had a magical vacation and booked the bounce back for next August. I am hooked on the WL and would not want to stay anywhere else. Thanks to you all for all of the wonderful info here and we will enjoy hearing all about your trips this coming year as we wait to go back!
Old 09-02-2013, 12:49 PM   #1977
rhondakg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondakg View Post
Has anyone that is booked for this lovely lodge received an invite to try the new magic bands?? It would be nice if our lodge was included... I do know that there is a thread for magic bands - but I just want to know about the wl folks....: hmghost:
Going to try this again , I did not get a response - Maybe this means not one has news about this - THE reason for posting on this thread is because WL has not been included w/the magic bands but rumors have hit that WL might get an opportunity??? Has anyone gotten an invite?

thanks soooo much!!!!
Old 09-02-2013, 01:14 PM   #1978
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Wow, the spider thread is interesting, and creepy. 100's?! I'm going to be looking for them during our stay, in 61 days! We love WL, and have been there ten times in 13 years (have to throw in AKL now and then!).

We love making a point of using every type of transportation available during our stay. We love the boat rides, and have never seen any spiders. But we always go in Oct/Nov. My favorite is the boat from HS to EP. We have never found the bus too bad, except once. New driver; he got lost. It was like a bad sci fi movie or something - we just kept going round and round, never arriving at our destination. It's funny now, but not so much back then.

We even rode up front on the monorail with the driver once. Great views of the Kingdom. I understand that is not allowed any more though.

Old 09-02-2013, 01:16 PM   #1979
mum2four
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch7977 View Post
Got back last week from our 1st WL stay. (2nd trip to WDW). Thanks to this thread we were well prepared with all the info we needed to make the most of our stay! First of all the resort is even more gorgeous in person than in the pictures online. We got a " Magical upgrade" from our woods view booking to an inner court yard bunk bed room! The kids were thrilled and the view was spectacular! I would post a picture but can't seem to figure out how to do that. We didn't even ask for an upgrade. I loved being able to take the boat for transportation and did not see a problem with the spiders but am glad I didn't know about them until after our trip. I really enjoyed the relaxing boat ride versus the bumpy freezing bus! The food at Roaring Forks was a bit disappointing though. We are not big "foodies" so this was not that big of a deal but expected better quality from a deluxe. Stayed at CSR last time and the Pepper Market was amazing! Kirk at the desk was fantastic and so was Paul our floor housekeeping manager! We truly had a magical vacation and booked the bounce back for next August. I am hooked on the WL and would not want to stay anywhere else. Thanks to you all for all of the wonderful info here and we will enjoy hearing all about your trips this coming year as we wait to go back!
Thanks for sharing! Glad to hear the spiders were not an issue. Hoping I can block that from my memory before January!
Old 09-02-2013, 01:17 PM   #1980
My2CrazyGirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch7977 View Post
sounds like an awesome time! what was the bounceback offer?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: