Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 06:56 AM   #1936
ClareH37
DIS Veteran

I hate boats at the best of times but spiders too

I know there's a bus to/from the MK but does it run all day/night during park hours? I'm thinking I'd rather get the bus back from MK after Wishes, assuming it's still running?

1992/1994/1995/1997/1999/2001 - Offsite/POFQ * December 2004 - CSR, YC * December 2006 - YC CL * May 2007 - BWI * December 2007 - GF RPC, BWI CL * May 2009 - BWI CL *
May 2010 - BWI CL * November 2011 - BWI CL * December 2012 - BC CL
Old 08-31-2013, 07:58 AM   #1937
afrabuck
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post

Congratulations on your upcoming stay. We also usually arrive late with a Standard room booked. We go ahead and do online checkin and rely on the room assignor to hopefully meet any requests we may have for room location. We have been very fortunate with upgrades with this same setup, once getting an inner courtyard view and the other time a nice woods view with a connecting room to my parents (which we had requested).
So, our take on it is to do the online check in to save a couple minutes the night we get there. Good luck and enjoy your trip.
Thanks for the advice.. You have convinced me that online check in is the way to go. It's been years since my last stay at WL. And suggestions for room requests for a standard room. While I continue to hope for an upgrade.

I remember one room in particular having a god awful view of the roof, to the point that you would almost be better off with no balcony. I would rather stay as far away from this room as possible, haha...

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-31-2013, 09:08 AM   #1938
disd55
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClareH37 View Post
I hate boats at the best of times but spiders too

I know there's a bus to/from the MK but does it run all day/night during park hours? I'm thinking I'd rather get the bus back from MK after Wishes, assuming it's still running?
The bus is still running. All buses run up to an hour after park closing. Boats run 30-45 mins after park closing.

Just got back from an amazing stay at the Wilderness Lodge on August 26th, which makes it so hard to visit this thread, and this forum in general. We took the bus once to MK and it's no quicker than the boat, in fact we found that the boats came more often and it was as if Disney neglected the WL-MK bus route. We waited much longer for a bus than we ever did a boat.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:43 AM   #1939
ClareH37
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disd55 View Post
The bus is still running. All buses run up to an hour after park closing. Boats run 30-45 mins after park closing.

Just got back from an amazing stay at the Wilderness Lodge on August 26th, which makes it so hard to visit this thread, and this forum in general. We took the bus once to MK and it's no quicker than the boat, in fact we found that the boats came more often and it was as if Disney neglected the WL-MK bus route. We waited much longer for a bus than we ever did a boat.
Thank you, glad you had a great trip, I know what you mean about visiting this site when you get back

I think I may use the boat in the day but late on I'll use the bus.

1992/1994/1995/1997/1999/2001 - Offsite/POFQ * December 2004 - CSR, YC * December 2006 - YC CL * May 2007 - BWI * December 2007 - GF RPC, BWI CL * May 2009 - BWI CL *
May 2010 - BWI CL * November 2011 - BWI CL * December 2012 - BC CL
Old 08-31-2013, 10:42 AM   #1940
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrabuck View Post
Thanks for the advice.. You have convinced me that online check in is the way to go. It's been years since my last stay at WL. And suggestions for room requests for a standard room. While I continue to hope for an upgrade.

I remember one room in particular having a god awful view of the roof, to the point that you would almost be better off with no balcony. I would rather stay as far away from this room as possible, haha...
That "worst view ever" roof view from this thread was room 4096. This room is located above the registration desk in the South wing and opens to the lobby.

The funny thing we figured out is it would be very possible for us to get that room with our requests we made for our upcoming trip. We requested high floor, open to lobby. If we do get a standard view room (without a category upgrade) and the requests are met, that's where we will end up. Oh well, it is a risk we are willing to take. Last year we were in the same location up on the 6th floor and we loved the view from both ends of the room. We found that we really like having the room open to the lobby, but others might prefer a quieter location down one of the hallways.

To ensure you don't get that room with your requests, you could request the North wing. This will also place you closer to Roaring Fork, the quick service restaurant. The standard view rooms on that side overlook a service area, but also face towards MK so you might be able to see some of Wishes above the trees.

Overall though you really can't go wrong, and we had no location requests when we got upgraded to a courtyard view room for our honeymoon.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:50 AM   #1941
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by disd55 View Post

How long you will have to wait for one to arrive is the major variable with the buses. There just is no way to predict how many buses they will be running and
when the last one came. When comparing travel time, once a bus arrives the trip is quicker than the boat, but total time including the wait just depends on how lucky you are.

I am glad you had an amazing stay. The only down side of that is it makes the real world seem much less fun. Our solution to post trip WDW withdrawal was booking our bounce back trip. I don't know what we will do to cope with it this year, because we likely won't be able to go back next year. I think our plan will be to keep planning the next trip, even before we know when it is going to be.
Old 08-31-2013, 12:19 PM   #1942
terri33inne
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaA View Post
ELEVEN MORE DAYS!!

I can't believe we're so close!

Here is a link to my blog, just to show off my Disney planner/smashbook.

http://doublehappinessdisney.blogspo...y-fanatic.html

I'll be updating while I'm there, to keep family/friends in the loop, but I'll post links here if I take pictures of our favorite resort.
Where did you find that planner?

Best way to get over the end of your last trip is to start planning your next trip!
Old 08-31-2013, 01:01 PM   #1943
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

That's got to be a Passporter deluxe ring binder. I love the customized stuff and would love to hear about how it was all made. Especially the hole punching.

I was inspired by Smashbook too, and have been doing stuff in my Passporter, but it's nowhere near that level. And the hole punching has been the biggest headache.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 08-31-2013, 01:09 PM   #1944
My2CrazyGirls
DIS Veteran

Does the WL laundry still take quarters? Or is it credit cards now? Thanks!
Old 08-31-2013, 02:28 PM   #1945
tinkarooni
Gets way too excited about saving money!
I am so lucky that my brain is programmed differerently

Well, we are at WL this week, it is our third stay at this resort. We have recently done BC several times. This is a quiet trip just DD and myself. Within the past 6 months we've had a rough time with her health and we thought this would be a nice diversion.

The room view is nice, we booked courtyard view. Unfortunately just not working out great for us. DD has to rest so we came back to room today at 2:30 and room not clean. I called housekeeping and they said they could be cleaning rooms until 5:00. I asked tomorrow if they could do us earlier, we left quite early. He said they would try.

Now I've been sitting on my balcony trying to let DD sleep and the people below us have been sitting on their balcony smoking for an hour, it's disgusting on my balcony. I finally called the front desk and they said they were going to send someone to my room. Not my room, their room please.

Hopefully this gets resolved so we can enjoy our accommodations.

Hate to be a downer but so far not much magic going on here.

Currently saving for our next trip....when? When we have the cash. Welcome to the Budget Board

---Happy to be here!
Old 08-31-2013, 02:37 PM   #1946
Roccosmom
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=
Hate to be a downer but so far not much magic going on here.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry your DD isn't well and I'm sorry you are not having the trip you had hoped for (and need!)

Fingers crossed for lots of pixie dust for the remained of your trip.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:00 PM   #1947
tinkarooni
Gets way too excited about saving money!
I am so lucky that my brain is programmed differerently

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roccosmom View Post
I'm sorry your DD isn't well and I'm sorry you are not having the trip you had hoped for (and need!)

Fingers crossed for lots of pixie dust for the remained of your trip.
Thank you. Just frustrated and needed to vent. Appreciate it.

Currently saving for our next trip....when? When we have the cash. Welcome to the Budget Board

---Happy to be here!
Old 08-31-2013, 03:10 PM   #1948
TJA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkarooni View Post
Hate to be a downer but so far not much magic going on here.
So sorry to hear! We were just at WL last week and we found housekeeping was on our floor in the early mornings (which didn't work for us...). So it almost looked like if they couldn't clean in the early morning, then they came back around 3:00ish. That was generally ok with our schedule. As far as people smoking on balcony -- is that even allowed? That's too bad because I'm sure there were ashes left all around, not to mention the smell. I sure hope the rest of your trip improves!
2006 ~ YC & BC
2007 ~ Poly & BC & CR
2008 ~ POR & WL & BC
2009 ~ CBR & BC CL
2010 ~ Poly & CR / BC CL
2011 ~ BC CL & Poly CL
2012 ~ WL & BC CL / CR CL
2013 ~ BC CL & Poly CL & WL CL
2014 ~ Poly CL TPV
Old 08-31-2013, 03:26 PM   #1949
MEdisneyfan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2CrazyGirls View Post
Does the WL laundry still take quarters? Or is it credit cards now? Thanks!
Laundry takes quarters and it is currently $2.00 a load for both washers and dryers
Old 08-31-2013, 04:20 PM   #1950
AndreaA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
That's got to be a Passporter deluxe ring binder. I love the customized stuff and would love to hear about how it was all made. Especially the hole punching.

I was inspired by Smashbook too, and have been doing stuff in my Passporter, but it's nowhere near that level. And the hole punching has been the biggest headache.
It is a Passporter binder. I actually had a non-binder Passporter last year which is what inspired this project. I liked the envelopes but thought they were lacking in information - asking things I didn't care about and skipping stuff I wanted to record. So I started making my own journal pages almost as soon as we booked the trip. I'd intended to use a small three ring binder to hold them. BUT, I missed the Passporter pockets, so I ended up buying the whole shebang. Besides the pockets there are only maybe 10 pages from the original Passporter Guide to Disney in there.

Maybe I will put up a post just about my binder somewhere, but I'm not sure where. Tips?

Wilderness Lodge - Oct.2012
Villas @ WL - Sept.2013

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: