Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 05:45 PM   #1921
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJA View Post

As a side note, I have to add that we did have a spider/boat episode. I remember reading a thread about spiders coming out of nowhere on the big boat at night to eat those flying bugs. Well, since I'm terrified of spiders, I blocked it right out of my mind and didn't remember it until we were on a boat and I saw about 100 spiders crawling on the walls! Oh my gosh, it was the worst boat ride of my life. My DH had to go tell a lady she had a spider crawling up her back and then the screaming started -- I don't know, maybe he should've just brushed it off but he said he didn't want to touch her without warning her first so he showed her where it was and helped her get it off, but by then it was too late and there was a lot of panic on the boat. I guess now it's funny, sort of, but I'm not sure if I can ever take a boat again. I know during the daytime those spiders are hiding on the boat. I just wish there was a different way to get rid of the flying bugs -- I understand the spiders eat them and control them....but still...
OMG. I just read this post to DH and prefaced it with, I think we may need to change resorts. I HATE spiders!!! Not that anyone really likes them, I guess. I always laugh when people question their resort choice based on one person's complaint or issue. But 100 spiders?? On a boat where I cant get away?? The bus is a 5 minute ride, right??

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW Nov 2014-SSR

Old 08-30-2013, 05:53 PM   #1922
RedheadRinger
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by APiratesLifeForMe2 View Post
Oh my gosh how wonderful!! I am still 107 days away. I told my DH I want to have a double digit celebration when we get to day 99. He rolled his eyes
Sometimes they just don't get it. Mine would roll his eyes too.
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2013, 05:55 PM   #1923
AndreaA
Mouseketeer

ELEVEN MORE DAYS!!

I can't believe we're so close!

Here is a link to my blog, just to show off my Disney planner/smashbook.

http://doublehappinessdisney.blogspo...y-fanatic.html

I'll be updating while I'm there, to keep family/friends in the loop, but I'll post links here if I take pictures of our favorite resort.

Wilderness Lodge - Oct.2012
Villas @ WL - Sept.2013

Old 08-30-2013, 06:43 PM   #1924
TJA
DIS Veteran

Please don't change resorts based on the spiders on the boats! Really -- I just wanted to give a reminder about what has already been posted about the boats. And it's all of them, I think, even the TTC one. Heck, probably even the boat we take all the time between HS and the Epcot resorts. So don't let this steer you away from WL which is an awesome resort. I wish I could easily locate the previous thread where someone posted about it -- like I said, I blocked it out of my mind and didn't remember it until I witnessed it myself.... Yes, the bus is great -- just a 5-minute ride to MK! lol. Actually, we did still take the boats in the daytime, but I was on high alert. At night, though, we took the buses and they were fine.
2006 ~ YC & BC
2007 ~ Poly & BC & CR
2008 ~ POR & WL & BC
2009 ~ CBR & BC CL
2010 ~ Poly & CR / BC CL
2011 ~ BC CL & Poly CL
2012 ~ WL & BC CL / CR CL
2013 ~ BC CL & Poly CL & WL CL
2014 ~ Poly CL TPV & BC CL, Poly CL TPV again
Old 08-30-2013, 06:47 PM   #1925
wunkmom
Tattooed, homeschooling, crocheting, cat wrangling SAHM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaA View Post
ELEVEN MORE DAYS!!

I'll be updating while I'm there, to keep family/friends in the loop, but I'll post links here if I take pictures of our favorite resort.
Love your organizer! It is amazing!
How did you luck up and get FP+? I didn't think WL was a test resort. Are you getting MB too?

10/2013 - WL - first Deluxe trip!! TRIP REPORT FORTHCOMING!!!
2/2011 - Off site, at Grandma's house, just Wunk & me.
9/2008 - ASSports - So much rain, so few people!
1/2006 - POR - Look Wunk, Santa gave us a trip to Disney!
11/2003 - CBR - Wunk's first trip - Thanksgiving with extended family.
6/1991 - Dolphin - Concierge Level - With my future husband - Subway convention (13th fastest sandwich maker in US!)

Old 08-30-2013, 06:50 PM   #1926
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaA View Post
ELEVEN MORE DAYS!!

I love your planner. It almost looks like my Franklin Covey organizer, except cuter.

I hope you can post some pictures here. I love to read about people's trips.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 08-30-2013, 07:23 PM   #1927
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
The multi-quote function isn't visible if you are using an iPad or smart phone. If you are on a normal computer, to the lower right of the post you will see three icons. The icon in the middle, marked with the " mark, is the multi quote icon. Let's say you want to reply to three different posts. You hit the multi quote icon for the first two posts that you want to reply to, then hit the regular quote button for the third or last post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
They don't make the multi quoting obvious in the iOS app, but you can get there either by clicking on the title of the thread at the top of the window in the app, which will open the full html version of that thread in the app with all the buttons accessible, or by just accessing the website in Safari, outside of the app. From there you can see the icons WoodNymph described.
Happy quoting!
The multi-quote is visible and does work on the iPad and iPhone however, I do not use the app. I go in thru Safari or Google ans I am able to stay logged in as well. I downloaded the app once and did not like it at all!

Quote:
We just returned from our first WL CL stay (we've stayed CL at BC, CR, and Poly), and I have to say WOW over the food offerings in the lounge! Breakfast was the normal things we are used to, except we truly did miss the oatmeal, HOWEVER one huge addition was the greek yogurt which I thought was fantastic and I had one every single morning. We are not usually around during the daytime, so no comment on the snacks. However, the appetizers during the dinner hour were way over our expectations. I had pre-read the menus, but I was still in awe over things like shephards pie - wow! It was really, really good and very filling. And a different night, we had the barbeque pork with normal-size (large) rolls - another wow - really good and very filling. And to think there was another hot appetizer with each of those. Then different salads or turkey/cheese roll-ups on some nights. And of course the normal veggies, bread, crackers, pb&j each night. I was just totally impressed with all the food variation.

Our room was very cute. We had a bunk bed inner courtyard view. I posted a live picture of our view a few pages back. At first we thought our room seemed too small to maneuver, but once we got used to it, it was just fine. I think we are just used to Poly and CR room sizes (which are bigger). Housekeeping was fabulous, CM's were very friendly -- we simply have no complaints. My DD's wear a lanyard with pins and a CM approached them one day and gave each of them a new pin!

As a side note, I have to add that we did have a spider/boat episode. I remember reading a thread about spiders coming out of nowhere on the big boat at night to eat those flying bugs. Well, since I'm terrified of spiders, I blocked it right out of my mind and didn't remember it until we were on a boat and I saw about 100 spiders crawling on the walls! Oh my gosh, it was the worst boat ride of my life. My DH had to go tell a lady she had a spider crawling up her back and then the screaming started -- I don't know, maybe he should've just brushed it off but he said he didn't want to touch her without warning her first so he showed her where it was and helped her get it off, but by then it was too late and there was a lot of panic on the boat. I guess now it's funny, sort of, but I'm not sure if I can ever take a boat again. I know during the daytime those spiders are hiding on the boat. I just wish there was a different way to get rid of the flying bugs -- I understand the spiders eat them and control them....but still...
So, so, so happy you love WL. We have always had a Courtyard View w/ bunk beds and wouldn't change a thing. This trip it was funny cuz we walked in and thought, "...don't remember the room being this small!" We forgot the kids, especially DS(17) grew just a bit. the CL offerings are pretty fab!!

Quote:
Please don't change resorts based on the spiders on the boats! Really -- I just wanted to give a reminder about what has already been posted about the boats. And it's all of them, I think, even the TTC one. Heck, probably even the boat we take all the time between HS and the Epcot resorts. So don't let this steer you away from WL which is an awesome resort. I wish I could easily locate the previous thread where someone posted about it -- like I said, I blocked it out of my mind and didn't remember it until I witnessed it myself.... Yes, the bus is great -- just a 5-minute ride to MK! lol. Actually, we did still take the boats in the daytime, but I was on high alert. At night, though, we took the buses and they were fine.

THE worst boat trip ever was from EPCOT to DS via the boat! Hot, was supposed to be air conditioned (don't think so) and bugs, spiders, dirty, yuck!: At least at WL you have the option of sitting outside. Sit on the aisle, look over the beautiful lake and you'll forget about your worries and the Florida creepy crawlers!

Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Last edited by CuteAsMinnie; 08-30-2013 at 07:38 PM.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:10 PM   #1928
afrabuck
Earning My Ears

Long time lurker, with my first post.

I have a standard room booked Oct29-Nov8 and finally reached early check in with 59 days remaining

We are celebrating our engagement. My understanding is that due to the limited amount of standard rooms, upgrades happen more frequently then other hotels on property.

Would it be best to hold off on doing online check in and just sticking to regular in person check in? Will this effect my chances of some disney magic and getting an upgrade? We do check in late because we are spending a night at the other orlando theme park. Probably wont be arriving till 8 or 9 pm. I am just trying to increase my chances as much as possible.

I know not to expect anything, but I do have some hope of making this trip extra special. Either way we are standing at an amazing hotel and can not wait.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:13 PM   #1929
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
THE worst boat trip ever was from EPCOT to DS via the boat! Hot, was supposed to be air conditioned (don't think so) and bugs, spiders, dirty, yuck!: At least at WL you have the option of sitting outside. Sit on the aisle, look over the beautiful lake and you'll forget about your worries and the Florida creepy crawlers!
Thanks!! I have ridden other boats and never noticed spiders. Maybe they arent as bad in the winter?? That is the theory I am going with anyway. It took too much work to get WL booked. I wont be switching because of boat spiders.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW Nov 2014-SSR

Old 08-30-2013, 08:30 PM   #1930
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
Thanks!! I have ridden other boats and never noticed spiders. Maybe they arent as bad in the winter?? That is the theory I am going with anyway. It took too much work to get WL booked. I wont be switching because of boat spiders.
We stayed at the WL in February and I don't remember seeing any spiders in the boats. There weren't too many bugs around at all.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 08-30-2013, 08:47 PM   #1931
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrabuck View Post
Long time lurker, with my first post.

I have a standard room booked Oct29-Nov8 and finally reached early check in with 59 days remaining

We are celebrating our engagement. My understanding is that due to the limited amount of standard rooms, upgrades happen more frequently then other hotels on property.

Would it be best to hold off on doing online check in and just sticking to regular in person check in? Will this effect my chances of some disney magic and getting an upgrade? We do check in late because we are spending a night at the other orlando theme park. Probably wont be arriving till 8 or 9 pm. I am just trying to increase my chances as much as possible.

I know not to expect anything, but I do have some hope of making this trip extra special. Either way we are standing at an amazing hotel and can not wait.
Congratulations on your upcoming stay. We also usually arrive late with a Standard room booked. We go ahead and do online checkin and rely on the room assignor to hopefully meet any requests we may have for room location. We have been very fortunate with upgrades with this same setup, once getting an inner courtyard view and the other time a nice woods view with a connecting room to my parents (which we had requested).
So, our take on it is to do the online check in to save a couple minutes the night we get there. Good luck and enjoy your trip.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:52 PM   #1932
amys1978
Earning My Ears

We arrive in 19 days! I'm pretty psyched although now I am concerned about spiders on the boat, LOL...not a fan of spiders.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:19 PM   #1933
LovinPooh
DIS Veteran

With all the great food in cl, is the dining plan even worth it??
Never done cl, as if u couldnt tell lol
Old 08-30-2013, 11:26 PM   #1934
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by amys1978 View Post
We arrive in 19 days! I'm pretty psyched although now I am concerned about spiders on the boat, LOL...not a fan of spiders.
Oh no, the WL thread has been overcome with arachnophobia! Really though from what we have seen the spiders weren't bad, at least in September. We will chase them away for you
Old 08-31-2013, 05:21 AM   #1935
marymac123
DIS Veteran

We have having such a great time! Pixie Dust is flying around like crazy :, so many excellent CMs every where ( restaurants, parks & of course WL) Example...I got Oohey Gooey Toffee cake at dinner (sp?) Yum!!

The am buses are still not great, we do HS this morning so we'll see...but afternoon ones are empty.

The spiders on night boats are not as bad as in the past. I hate spiders & I was ok with it this year.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: