Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 10:47 PM   #1906
ghosty1
Earning My Ears

Anyone know if the refrigerators have been replaced. We arrive at WL in 3 wks
Old 08-29-2013, 11:03 PM   #1907
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosty1 View Post
Anyone know if the refrigerators have been replaced. We arrive at WL in 3 wks
On the first page of this thread it shows all recalled fridges were replaced by the week of July 8th, so you're good to go.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2013, 07:43 AM   #1908
TandLMommy28
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymac123
Waited over 30 mins for Epcot bus this morning. Not liking this at all. DH thinks they cut # of routes during off peak but buses are over full as if parks were 9/10's.
Not at WL, but at POR last September we had a nightmare of a time with buses. It seemed like since we were off-peak, they cut the number of buses and it made the buses as crowded on a 1/2 crowd day as a summer 9/10. It was awful! I hope it gets better for you!

Old 08-30-2013, 07:46 AM   #1909
TandLMommy28
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnjmom
We aren't planning on hitting EPCOT in the morning at all--though we have 2 dinner ADRs there and will spend some time at the park. I was thinking of taking the boat to the Contemporary and then the monorail to EPCOT, as I think my son would enjoy the ride more.

I still have some anxiety over making my 8 AM Tusker House ADR but will hope for the best with the early bus to AK. And just keeping fingers crossed that the DME gets us to check in easily and then we are able to go to Downtown Disney without issue on arrival day (we have a dinner ADR there, no parks).
I'll be interested to hear your report on doing the boat/monorail to Epcot. On our next trip, we are limiting ourselves to Epcot and MK and we are debating dong the same as you. Even if it takes longer, it seems more fun than the bus and especially if the buses are crowded! Ad getting on an overcrowded bus with three sleepy children and a stroller isn't really fun!

Old 08-30-2013, 08:01 AM   #1910
sweetnjmom
Mouseketeer

First... I wish I could figure out how to multi-quote!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TandLMommy28 View Post
I'll be interested to hear your report on doing the boat/monorail to Epcot. On our next trip, we are limiting ourselves to Epcot and MK and we are debating dong the same as you. Even if it takes longer, it seems more fun than the bus and especially if the buses are crowded! Ad getting on an overcrowded bus with three sleepy children and a stroller isn't really fun!
I was thinking my son would find the boat and monorail rides the most fun--though he did enjoy the bus his daycare used this Summer for field trips... And I realize it will take a bit more time, but I figured it would be worth a try at least one of our EPCOT afternoons.

We do have plans to see all 4 parks. My husband thinks our son will like AK best because of how much he loves the Bronx Zoo. We want to hit HS for the Muppet Vision 3D (though DS may not keep the glasses on), the Pixar characters, Disney Jr. Live and Toy Story Mania. I honestly think one evening and one morning will be enough.

The only change of plans with staying at WL is time at Downtown Disney. If the buses there are that terrible, we may only go on arrival night. At the very least to get DS more Potato Head parts at the toy store there.

Past trips off property: 4/80, 1/81, 6/94 and 5/09
Past trips on property: 8/90 GF, 10/96 CBR, 11/01 ASM, 5/02 POR, 5/06 CSR
Old 08-30-2013, 08:21 AM   #1911
goofynut41
Disney Veteran

99 DAYS!!! DOUBLE DIGIT DANCE !!!! WOO HOO!!!!:::d ance3:

Old 08-30-2013, 08:28 AM   #1912
princessesintraining
Mouseketeer

2 weeks to go here and we can't wait!

The fridges are confirmed as being replaced by someone staying there right now on the Sept facebook page.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:43 AM   #1913
GaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessesintraining View Post
2 weeks to go here and we can't wait!

The fridges are confirmed as being replaced by someone staying there right now on the Sept facebook page.
We arrive on the same day!!
Wait, did I already tell you that?
Old 08-30-2013, 09:14 AM   #1914
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnjmom View Post
The multi-quote function isn't visible if you are using the Dis app on an iPad or smart phone. If you are on a normal computer, to the lower right of the post you will see three icons. The icon in the middle, marked with the " mark, is the multi quote icon. Let's say you want to reply to three different posts. You hit the multi quote icon for the first two posts that you want to reply to, then hit the regular quote button for the third or last post.

Quote:
I was thinking my son would find the boat and monorail rides the most fun--though he did enjoy the bus his daycare used this Summer for field trips... And I realize it will take a bit more time, but I figured it would be worth a try at least one of our EPCOT afternoons.
It is nice to ride the boat to CR to catch the monorail. You have to walk into the resort, take the elevator to the fourth floor, and the monorail entrance is right there, near the elevator. It is fun, especially for a four year old. But the buses back from Epcot and HS are fine, since WL is the first stop. And the ride is much shorter since it is direct from the park to the lodge.

Quote:
We do have plans to see all 4 parks. My husband thinks our son will like AK best because of how much he loves the Bronx Zoo.
My grandchildren, age 3 and 5, had a nice time playing in the boneyard, a nice big playground right at the entrance to Dinoland.
Quote:
We want to hit HS for the Muppet Vision 3D (though DS may not keep the glasses on), the Pixar characters, Disney Jr. Live and Toy Story Mania.
The kids liked Lights, Motors, Action, the extreme stunt show.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973

Last edited by Wood Nymph; 08-30-2013 at 08:24 PM.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:12 AM   #1915
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnjmom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
The multi-quote function isn't visible if you are using an iPad or smart phone. If you are on a normal computer, to the lower right of the post you will see three icons. The icon in the middle, marked with the " mark, is the multi quote icon. Let's say you want to reply to three different posts. You hit the multi quote icon for the first two posts that you want to reply to, then hit the regular quote button for the third or last post.
They don't make the multi quoting obvious in the iOS app, but you can get there either by clicking on the title of the thread at the top of the window in the app, which will open the full html version of that thread in the app with all the buttons accessible, or by just accessing the website in Safari, outside of the app. From there you can see the icons WoodNymph described.
Happy quoting!
Old 08-30-2013, 10:14 AM   #1916
sweetnjmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
The multi-quote function isn't visible if you are using an iPad or smart phone. If you are on a normal computer, to the lower right of the post you will see three icons. The icon in the middle, marked with the " mark, is the multi quote icon. Let's say you want to reply to three different posts. You hit the multi quote icon for the first two posts that you want to reply to, then hit the regular quote button for the third or last post.

It is nice to ride the boat to CR to catch the monorail. You have to walk into the resort, take the elevator to the fourth floor, and the monorail entrance is right there, near the elevator. It is fun, especially for a four year old. But the buses back from Epcot and HS are fine, since WL is the first stop. And the ride is much shorter since it is direct from the park to the lodge.

My grandchildren, age 3 and 5, had a nice time playing in the boneyard, a nice big playground right at the entrance to Dinoland.
The kids liked Lights, Motors, Action, the extreme stunt show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
They don't make the multi quoting obvious in the iOS app, but you can get there either by clicking on the title of the thread at the top of the window in the app, which will open the full html version of that thread in the app with all the buttons accessible, or by just accessing the website in Safari, outside of the app. From there you can see the icons WoodNymph described.
Happy quoting!
Thanks for the tutorial! I think I have figured it out. I use Chrome on both my work PC and Mac laptop at home.

Past trips off property: 4/80, 1/81, 6/94 and 5/09
Past trips on property: 8/90 GF, 10/96 CBR, 11/01 ASM, 5/02 POR, 5/06 CSR
Old 08-30-2013, 04:24 PM   #1917
rhondakg
Mouseketeer

Magic Bands

Has anyone that is booked for this lovely lodge received an invite to try the new magic bands?? It would be nice if our lodge was included... I do know that there is a thread for magic bands - but I just want to know about the wl folks....: hmghost:
Old 08-30-2013, 04:48 PM   #1918
TJA
DIS Veteran

We just returned from our first WL CL stay (we've stayed CL at BC, CR, and Poly), and I have to say WOW over the food offerings in the lounge! Breakfast was the normal things we are used to, except we truly did miss the oatmeal, HOWEVER one huge addition was the greek yogurt which I thought was fantastic and I had one every single morning. We are not usually around during the daytime, so no comment on the snacks. However, the appetizers during the dinner hour were way over our expectations. I had pre-read the menus, but I was still in awe over things like shephards pie - wow! It was really, really good and very filling. And a different night, we had the barbeque pork with normal-size (large) rolls - another wow - really good and very filling. And to think there was another hot appetizer with each of those. Then different salads or turkey/cheese roll-ups on some nights. And of course the normal veggies, bread, crackers, pb&j each night. I was just totally impressed with all the food variation.

Our room was very cute. We had a bunk bed inner courtyard view. I posted a live picture of our view a few pages back. At first we thought our room seemed too small to maneuver, but once we got used to it, it was just fine. I think we are just used to Poly and CR room sizes (which are bigger). Housekeeping was fabulous, CM's were very friendly -- we simply have no complaints. My DD's wear a lanyard with pins and a CM approached them one day and gave each of them a new pin!

As a side note, I have to add that we did have a spider/boat episode. I remember reading a thread about spiders coming out of nowhere on the big boat at night to eat those flying bugs. Well, since I'm terrified of spiders, I blocked it right out of my mind and didn't remember it until we were on a boat and I saw about 100 spiders crawling on the walls! Oh my gosh, it was the worst boat ride of my life. My DH had to go tell a lady she had a spider crawling up her back and then the screaming started -- I don't know, maybe he should've just brushed it off but he said he didn't want to touch her without warning her first so he showed her where it was and helped her get it off, but by then it was too late and there was a lot of panic on the boat. I guess now it's funny, sort of, but I'm not sure if I can ever take a boat again. I know during the daytime those spiders are hiding on the boat. I just wish there was a different way to get rid of the flying bugs -- I understand the spiders eat them and control them....but still...
2006 ~ YC & BC
2007 ~ Poly & BC & CR
2008 ~ POR & WL & BC
2009 ~ CBR & BC CL
2010 ~ Poly & CR / BC CL
2011 ~ BC CL & Poly CL
2012 ~ WL & BC CL / CR CL
2013 ~ BC CL & Poly CL & WL CL
2014 ~ Poly CL TPV & BC CL, Poly CL TPV again
Old 08-30-2013, 05:00 PM   #1919
mum2four
DIS Veteran

Spiders....oh, my.... Thanks for the warning, but I'm going to try not to think about that right now!

Thanks for posting about the CL. I still haven't booked our stay for January yet. While we are definitely staying at WL, the practical side of me says we don't need CL as we'll be in the parks most of the day. BUT, there's a part of me that wants to splurge for our anniversary!
Old 08-30-2013, 05:19 PM   #1920
APiratesLifeForMe2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofynut41 View Post
99 DAYS!!! DOUBLE DIGIT DANCE !!!! WOO HOO!!!!:::d ance3:
Oh my gosh how wonderful!! I am still 107 days away. I told my DH I want to have a double digit celebration when we get to day 99. He rolled his eyes

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: