Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 08:43 AM   #1891
hebbynan
Chase and Eli's Mom

20 days from today we will be checking in at the WL. I.AM.SO.EXCITED!!!!

WL February 2017 for DS high school band trip * WL 2013*ASMo 2011/2010/2006*FW 2007*SoG 2000*Off Site 1998
Old 08-29-2013, 08:51 AM   #1892
sweetnjmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
It is a long trip to DTD so just make sure you plan for that. It can take longer to take the monorail to Epcot from CR/WL, but it could be a lot of fun for your DS and you'll get to take the boat over to CR which is a nice, pleasant ride. You shouldn't have any problem with the early ADR bus, so don't worry about TH. But, if you are worried, you could instead do their lunch which starts pretty early and also has characters. We do it every visit.
I think we are set with our ADRs, but thanks for the suggestion. We'll just have to hit the road by 7:15 AM -- which is when my husband leaves for work anyway, so we're used to that.

I, too, was thinking the monorail would be more fun than a bus!

And hopefully the DTD bus ride will be better than expected. I made our ADR when we were going to be staying at POR and had the boat option to get there. But we switched to WL when FD came out and we won't be at the parks, and are paying OOP for dinner that night.

Past trips off property: 4/80, 1/81, 6/94 and 5/09
Past trips on property: 8/90 GF, 10/96 CBR, 11/01 ASM, 5/02 POR, 5/06 CSR, 11/13 WL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2013, 09:03 AM   #1893
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctjsowens View Post
Well let me tell you that you have a true treat in store by staying at WL.
As far as the view you could get one of the parking lot or overlooking the service area. We had the same view 2 yrs ago but didnt bother us since we werent in the room much.

Transportation has always been good to us with the exception of going to Downtown Disney which every resort seems to have a prob with that. MK also has a bus. If going to Epcot i'd reccomend taking the bus or riding the boat to Contemporary to TTC and to Epcot if you want the scenic route.

We'll be back at WL for Thanksgiving and cant wait to see the decorations! You'll fall in love once you stay there!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
Congratulations! We love WL and you have found the place for all the information you will ever need about it with this thread. WDWKOOK does a great job keeping it together and there are lots of people willing to help out.

As for view, there are pictures from Standard View room locations on the first page of this thread. Upgrades also occur fairly regularly due to the relatively few standard view rooms, but you can't guarantee a better view without booking it.

We like that WL offers bus transportation to all the parks, and find it to be as good as any other resort. The bus to MK is super fast, under 5 minutes with no stops. We love the boats, and there is one route direct to MK and another boat loop that runs between WL, CR, and Fort Wilderness. This boat loop is a great way to see Bay Lake, which we think is just beautiful.

I totally agree. We take the monorail via CR route to Epcot as well, even though the bus is faster. Getting to see different places and have a variety of transportation options is part of the fun.
Quote:

Welcome! The first page of the thread will quickly get you acquainted with WL. There is a hyperlink to transportation information in Post 1. Some with a Standard View like to request a high floor in the North Wing so that you might be able to see some of Wishes, the castle and monorail, but they are obstructed views. Your view in the North Wing, looking straight out, will be of the woods and looking down, the Smokehouse and some delivery trucks. Looking to the left, if you are high up, you can see the Poly and some of the parking lot. The South Wing has views of the parking lot to the right and the bus stop and FW woods in the distance. Happy planning!

Thanks so much for all the great info! I really appreciate everyone's friendliness & helpfulness here!!
Old 08-29-2013, 09:31 AM   #1894
Zippa D Doodah
Suffering from Fairy Alienation. Is there a program for that?
I'm such a shameless taghound!
I am an unabashed Q-tipper !

Wow! I can hardly believe that we will arrive at WL in less than four weeks.

About how much time should I plan too commute over to GF for an 8:10am ADR at 1900PF? The closer we get, the more I am thinking that might be early for us on this particular vacation. I have made a dinner ADR at LTT that evening as a back-up and am considering cancelling 1900PF.
On a related note, how picky are they at 1900PF about showing up late for an ADR? I always have every intention of honoring ADRs (and have never missed one), but I am not too keen on the CC guarantee

Last edited by Zippa D Doodah; 08-29-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:40 AM   #1895
rhondakg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Thanks so much for all the great info! I really appreciate everyone's friendliness & helpfulness here!!
did not post to correct respon
Old 08-29-2013, 12:18 PM   #1896
klacey1
DIS Veteran

4 more sleeps until our first stay at the Lodge!! Can't wait to do some exploring when we first arrive.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:12 PM   #1897
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

4 weeks from tomorrow and we will be at WL!!!!! We are both looking forward to staying there and enjoying all the resort has to offer.

Old 08-29-2013, 01:47 PM   #1898
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
4 more sleeps until our first stay at the Lodge!! Can't wait to do some exploring when we first arrive.
... 3... 2... 1.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryCM View Post
4 weeks from tomorrow and we will be at WL!!!!! We are both looking forward to staying there and enjoying all the resort has to offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hebbynan View Post
Yay!!!
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 08-29-2013, 02:26 PM   #1899
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hebbynan View Post
WOOHOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Let us know if you have any other questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippa D Doodah View Post
Wow! I can hardly believe that we will arrive at WL in less than four weeks.

About how much time should I plan too commute over to GF for an 8:10am ADR at 1900PF? The closer we get, the more I am thinking that might be early for us on this particular vacation. I have made a dinner ADR at LTT that evening as a back-up and am considering cancelling 1900PF.
On a related note, how picky are they at 1900PF about showing up late for an ADR? I always have every intention of honoring ADRs (and have never missed one), but I am not too keen on the CC guarantee
I would be at the boat dock for the Blue Flag about 0715, but I like to be early. The early ADR bus for the MK/Resorts starts at 0630. This would be faster than the boat and monorail so you could probably be at the bus stop closer to 0730. Just tell the driver you're heading over to the GF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
You have four sleepless nights ahead of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryCM View Post
I can't wait for you to get there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 08-29-2013 at 05:00 PM. Reason: TYPO!
Old 08-29-2013, 04:51 PM   #1900
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 08-29-2013, 05:01 PM   #1901
Blondie91098
Earning My Ears

Ill be there 2/25/14-3/4/14!!!!!!!!
Old 08-29-2013, 05:13 PM   #1902
rotlex
Is it summer yet?

Just back from a 9 night stay at French Quarter. Had a good trip but needed to stay at a mod to save some money this year.

Good news is we booked a 9 night stay at WL for next August on a bounce back with free dining again! I know it's a year away but I can't wait to return to our families favorite resort!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
- Dr. Seuss

Old 08-29-2013, 05:40 PM   #1903
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotlex View Post
Just back from a 9 night stay at French Quarter. Had a good trip but needed to stay at a mod to save some money this year.

Good news is we booked a 9 night stay at WL for next August on a bounce back with free dining again! I know it's a year away but I can't wait to return to our families favorite resort!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Congratulations! You gotta love those bounce back trips, especially when the deal makes it so you can swing WL.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:59 PM   #1904
JinxedSydney
Lurker Extraordinare

Date night question

Years ago, my hubby and I did the carriage ride. While it was fun and entertaining, is there anything else special in that area? We will be doing this on Friday, December 6th. We had contemplated going to DTD and just taking the ferry taxis to see POR (where we switched from). Not looking to drop a ton of money (as if that is possibly on site!) but just to spend time in the magic of the property.

Thanks!!
Old 08-29-2013, 08:18 PM   #1905
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JinxedSydney View Post
Date night question

Years ago, my hubby and I did the carriage ride. While it was fun and entertaining, is there anything else special in that area? We will be doing this on Friday, December 6th. We had contemplated going to DTD and just taking the ferry taxis to see POR (where we switched from). Not looking to drop a ton of money (as if that is possibly on site!) but just to spend time in the magic of the property.

Thanks!!
We will be at the WL that same week in December and are planning to go over to Trails End at Fort Wilderness for the dinner buffet. Then we are going to tour the campsites, many of which are supposed to have great Christmas decorations. I believe that they have carriage rides at FW.

We are also going over to the Grand Floridian to look at the ginger bread house and other Christmas decorations. I also want to check out the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It is the only deluxe resort that we haven't stayed at, and I want to see what it is like.

We are planning to just enjoy the magic of the property, too. There is a lot that we haven't explored yet.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: