Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 11:07 AM   #166
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Checking into POP tomorrow and WL on Friday afternoon!

The buzz right now on Pop's thread is about boxed fans that you can request for your room. Do they have these at WL too? Just curious as I had never heard of this before!
Hope you'll be able to post about your trip soon! I've not heard about the fans, but certainly ask about that at check-in and then you can let us all know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by francileb View Post
I was looking on youtube at WL videos and came across videos of people viewing Wishes from the roof top at WL. I feel like I've done a lot of research, and hadn't come across this as even a possibility--so I'm here to ask the experts. Is rooftop fireworks viewing available for anyone staying at the lodge? Is it a special "family of the day" type thing? Is it only for New Year's Eve or other holidays? Did these people sneak up on the roof???

Any information would be appreciated. If rooftop viewing is possible, I think my family would be totally into it.

We've never stayed onsite before, and have a WL/BC split stay planned (WL 10/25-10/30). Originally we were just going to do BC (I think my kids will love the pool,) but I just couldn't get over a deep, heartfelt desire to stay at WL too!! I'm so excited
The Rooftop Wishes viewing used to be a special request at check-in, like Flag Family. It was primarily for special occasions and I don't know if they're still doing it anymore.

You're going to love WL for your first onsite stay

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Oh Kook, I'm so sorry you have to cancel WDW but...

Are you even kidding me right now? If you tell me you're staying at CD2 in Cobbly Nob...

you know, if you don't go to WDW, the Smokies truly is home! It can be so peaceful there. Last year we had mama bear and 3 baby cubs right outside our front door!! And if course there is nothing like Cade's Cove! Blessings to you!!
I'm actually doing OK with the cancelation - as long as I have another adventure booked soon. I would love to have those bears nearby our cabin. You're right about the Smokies feeling like home and don't you just love all those cabin and resort names there? Looks like you're a regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie_k21 View Post
This made me LOL. I just happened to lurk over. I live in Knoxville, maybe 35 minutes away from Dollywood. We have season passes, and it's usually a twice a month thing. It always surprises me when people talk about East TN as such a great vacation spot, but you can't beat tranquility in the mountains and good ole southern charm. :
Yay for lurking (and posting). You are so right about the mountains and everyone is so friendly and happy to have all us tourists invading their territory. So I don't go too OT here, I'm going to PM a few questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyluvr81 View Post
WDWKOOK - I am so sorry to hear you had to cancel the split stay trifecta but your cabins sounds amazing. We have never been to TN but its on our bucket list.

I am working up the courage to do a trip report for our September trip - I have read so many amazing ones on here and would love to share our experiences with everyone else. I will definitely let you know if I get one up and running when we get back, especially since you were my motivation in the first place to pop over to the Poly for the first couple nights of our stay.

I hope you have a fantastic time in TN though and will share pictures with us when you get back!
You can do a TR - I know you can! How about starting with a PTR?. I'm so glad you're sticking with your split and I look forward to reading all about it.

The cabins in the Smokies are pretty amazing. They have so many features such as hot tubs and whirlpool tubs, arcade games (I just love the retro 80s games), huge flat screens, pool tables, gas grills, fire pits, tons of room and gorgeous views... you have to try them someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolobug View Post
Just booked our first trip EVER, Jan. 22-29!

Please add me to the list
I'd be happy to add you - how exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofynut41 View Post
DOING THE 199 DAYS HAPPY DANCE!!!!!! Getting Closer!!!
Old 05-23-2013, 12:31 PM   #167
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Hope you'll be able to post about your trip soon! I've not heard about the fans, but certainly ask about that at check-in and then you can let us all know.

The Rooftop Wishes viewing used to be a special request at check-in, like Flag Family. It was primarily for special occasions and I don't know if they're still doing it anymore.

You're going to love WL for your first onsite stay

I'm actually doing OK with the cancelation - as long as I have another adventure booked soon. I would love to have those bears nearby our cabin. You're right about the Smokies feeling like home and don't you just love all those cabin and resort names there? Looks like you're a regular

Yay for lurking (and posting). You are so right about the mountains and everyone is so friendly and happy to have all us tourists invading their territory. So I don't go too OT here, I'm going to PM a few questions

You can do a TR - I know you can! How about starting with a PTR?. I'm so glad you're sticking with your split and I look forward to reading all about it.

The cabins in the Smokies are pretty amazing. They have so many features such as hot tubs and whirlpool tubs, arcade games (I just love the retro 80s games), huge flat screens, pool tables, gas grills, fire pits, tons of room and gorgeous views... you have to try them someday.

I'd be happy to add you - how exciting!

Yes! And can you see a correlation between the Smokies and WL?
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-24-2013, 05:19 AM   #168
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Yes! And can you see a correlation between the Smokies and WL?
Well, no club level or geyser, but boy, the price per square foot sure is less. But, the boat ride to the MK is a bit longer from the Smokies
Old 05-24-2013, 09:53 AM   #169
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Checking in later today!!!! Hoping for a king bed facing inner courtyard with a high floor!!
Old 05-24-2013, 01:12 PM   #170
ChiBub
Mouseketeer

180 days until we check into VWL! And 176 until we arrive at Disney!

I loved the soup from Artist Point on our last trip, but we will have a toddler with us this time and I'm not sure I want to try to eat there this time. Does anyone know if you can get the soup to-go?
Old 05-24-2013, 01:20 PM   #171
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Checking in later today!!!! Hoping for a king bed facing inner courtyard with a high floor!!
Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiBub View Post

I loved the soup from Artist Point on our last trip, but we will have a toddler with us this time and I'm not sure I want to try to eat there this time. Does anyone know if you can get the soup to-go?
Hmmm. I'm gonna bet yes... Perhaps from room service or the Territory Lounge?
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 05-24-2013, 01:36 PM   #172
swissgirl66
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissgirl66 View Post
Thanks so much for your increadible and huge effort you put into this thread. We will be at the Fort wilderness Lodge again from July 18 - 21, before we set sail on a cruise on the Dream.

Is it possible to select a certain resort area when we finalise the e-checkin on the website? We have booked a woods view room and hope to get a glimpse on MK.
Could you pls add us in the log, you might have missed our previous note:

Swissgirl66 from july 18-21 at wilderness lodge (precruise trip)

: DW 47, DH 46, DD 9
Old 05-24-2013, 03:38 PM   #173
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Well, are you all checked-in now? Did you get the view you were hoping for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiBub View Post

Yippee on 180 days and it's time to make those ADRs!

I don't know about the to-go soup (I would think they'd be happy to oblige), but I do know that kids are pretty much welcome everywhere at WDW so don't be shy about bringing your toddler. They have great kids' meals and there's even that area on the balcony that you can take your child out onto when there's a lull. Also, if you make an early reservation, you might not feel as 'out of place.'

Have you tried the Cub's Den? Maybe you could put your child there for a couple of hours (or more) and go have a nice drink at the Territory Lounge then dinner at AP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissgirl66 View Post
Could you pls add us in the log, you might have missed our previous note:

Swissgirl66 from july 18-21 at wilderness lodge (precruise trip)
I would be happy to add you and on behalf of the WL/VWL thread management, I do hereby apologize for not responding to your post sooner. I recall you posted to the old thread after this one was posted and I meant to reply to you here and skipped you in my multi-quote - please forgive me and thank you for re-posting

Since Switzerland has so many official languages...

Willkommen! Benvenuto! Et bienvenu!
Old 05-24-2013, 03:38 PM   #174
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Checked in at 1pm. We're pulled out of long check in line since we did online check in. Room was ready at 1pm which is what we said our arrival time was. Most ppl in the Line has ready rooms too. We got a king bed on floor 6 Inner courtyard! I called for box fan and had one in the room in 20 mins. It's very busy here. The pool is packed right now. Hard to find chair but did! We are very happy to be "home!!"
Old 05-24-2013, 03:44 PM   #175
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Checked in at 1pm. We're pulled out of long check in line since we did online check in. Room was ready at 1pm which is what we said our arrival time was. Most ppl in the Line has ready rooms too. We got a king bed on floor 6 Inner courtyard! I called for box fan and had one in the room in 20 mins. It's very busy here. The pool is packed right now. Hard to find chair but did! We are very happy to be "home!!"
Perfect! And yes, you will have some challenges with all the major crowds. (Are you doing the 24 hours of parks?). But I think you will be very cozy at WL and will find the resorts to be great for some much needed down time. Even when the pool is real busy, the beach is usually much less crowded.

Thank you for checking in with us and I hope we hear from you again soon. Have a wonderful vacation! May I ask where you are a Seasonal CM?
Old 05-24-2013, 04:51 PM   #176
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Can't beat that Have a great time
Old 05-24-2013, 06:18 PM   #177
Penitentmama
Earning My Ears

I'm working on our ADR plans and have a little over a week until I can make our reservations!

I have a question about if you think we could get by without ADRs for a late breakfast and a late lunch at WCC on weekdays the first week of December? I know it sounds like there will be free dining then, but I am hoping that we can wing these two meals on our off days so we don't have to rush to be somewhere any particular time.

Appreciate everyone sharing their experience and we're so excited for our first trip to WDW and the Lodge!

Old 05-24-2013, 11:14 PM   #178
cmdg
Mouseketeer

We have a friend who tried to book a few days at WL during our trip... and there was no room! Not even a deluxe. I don't think I've ever been at WL when it's fully booked. Should be interesting!
Old 05-24-2013, 11:23 PM   #179
mggeary
Mouseketeer

First WL trip in Nov! Booked for a standard room. Looking for advice for room request? Thinking a high floor room facing lobby may be best for us if this even qualifies as standard. Would be nice to be closer to lobby/bus. Northside near roaring forks also a plus. No interest in potential MK fireworks view as young kids will be hopefully sleeping by then. Any suggestions?
Old 05-25-2013, 01:25 AM   #180
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mggeary View Post
First WL trip in Nov! Booked for a standard room. Looking for advice for room request? Thinking a high floor room facing lobby may be best for us if this even qualifies as standard. Would be nice to be closer to lobby/bus. Northside near roaring forks also a plus. No interest in potential MK fireworks view as young kids will be hopefully sleeping by then. Any suggestions?
It never hurts to ask. Our room request for a standard room is high floor, open to lobby. It is common for upgrades to occur, and the rooms on the 4th floor South side are classified as standard view anyway.

We loved having the room open to the lobby, but others prefer a quieter location. We could hear WCC in the evenings, but it was never too bad. Between Roaring Fork and the bus stop you will be closer to one of them, so it will be good no matter what. Enjoy your first WL stay!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: