Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 02:06 PM   #1726
joanjett1976
Shane in the study with the candlestick!
As a Disney geek you can truly feel Walt's touch in the park

Is anyone currently at the WL that could help me out with this crazy request:

There's a certain song that is played once aboard the buses leaving WL. It sounds like a traditional native flute. Very repetitive. Insanely catchy, an earworm really.

Anyone able to record a snippet of it on their IPhone or know what this song is called?

It's been driving me bonkers!!!

Thanks!
Nov 2013 WDW Yacht-AKL, Aug 2012 Disneyland, Jan 2012 WDW WL, July 2011 Disneyland, Oct 2010 WDW Swan, April 2010 DL Paris, Jan 2010 Disneyland, April 2009 DL Paris, Jan 2008 Paradise Pier Disneyland, Oct 2007 DL Paris, Sept 2007 POFQ, May 2007 Grand Californian Disneyland, April 2007 DL Paris, Feb 2007 Disney Wonder & POP, Oct 2006 MNSSHP/F&W @ POP, Oct 2006 DL Paris, May 2006 2 weeks @ POP, April 2006 DL Paris, January 2006 Disneyland, January 2006 30th Bday POP/AKL, Oct 2005 DL Paris, June 2005 POFQ, Feb 2005 Disneyland, Aug 2004 POFQ, 1983-1984-1986-1988-1989-1991-1994: Off Site, July 1980: 4 Years Old: 1st Trip To WDW

Old 08-22-2013, 03:09 PM   #1727
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanjett1976 View Post

There's a certain song that is played once aboard the buses leaving WL. It sounds like a traditional native flute. Very repetitive. Insanely catchy, an earworm really.

Anyone able to record a snippet of it on their IPhone or know what this song is called?

Thanks!
I can totally picture being on the bus listening to that song. We aren't there yet, but I did Google it and found some possibilities. I think a likely possibility is Creation by Brian Keane, which you can hear a sample of here. There is a list of WL music at wildernesslodgesite. For as many people who have asked specifically about the bus music I'm surprised the answer isn't easier to find...

Last edited by GrandCalifornian; 08-22-2013 at 04:51 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2013, 03:12 PM   #1728
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Can anyone confirm the animals at the Fort Wilderness petting zoo? Seems like it could be a relaxing afternoon break activity!

Only 11 more sleeps until our first stay at the lodge!!!
We did the pony rides last September with our daughter, but didn't do the petting zoo. It would have to be in the same area, perhaps someone can elaborate. We've got 15 more sleeps to go, so you'll beat us there. Either way walking around FW is a fun activity, and you can walk through the barns and see the big horses too.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:22 PM   #1729
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Welcome back, Kathy! Tusker House now has a character lunch which we love. Maybe that would work out better with your schedule. Also, I discovered that Flame Tree BBQ accepts TiW (I don't know if this applies to you). It's one of the few Quick Serves that does.

Have fun on your road trip and check back with us soon.
We do not qualify to purchase TiW; not DVC, not FL residents, don't have annual pass - but this will not stop us from eating lunch at Flame Tree BBQ. It is our favorite CS! Thanks, I knew TH now has character lunch but was not interested in a buffet for lunch. Jason eats well at breakfast and usually at dinner but some days he barely eats lunch so CS is the way to go for lunches at WDW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomJill View Post
This is kind of WL related, but also slightly OT. I finished a dress for my DD to wear at the lodge (when we arrive in just 99 days!!). When I saw the one that GrandCalifornian made for her DD, I knew I had to find the fabric. I ended up buying the same fabric but in a different color. This is the result (ignore the hair - it hasn't been brushed yet):
Your daughter is adorable and she is fortunate to have a mother who is a good seamstress. Regarding my own sewing skills I've always said "as long as it doesn't need to fit I can sew it."
Old 08-22-2013, 05:20 PM   #1730
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenTX View Post
Couple of quick questions about FW....

Is there still a petting zoo over at Fort Wilderness? My DD, the animal lover, would be so happy!

Any news on the Haunted Hayride? Are they going to have those this year?

Thanks!!
So sorry, but the FW petting zoo was removed years ago. They do still have all the ponies and the draft horses are still in the stable:

The best petting zoo at WDW is at AK. We just love Affection Station! They have many friendly goats, pigs, a cow and a couple of donkey. We spend a lot of time there and it's very relaxing (for all the animals)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
KOOK: If I woke up to that view every morning, I don't think I would ever check out and head home!!!!

That is just beautiful!!!!

thanks so much for posting it, I now have a HUGE smile on my face
You're welcome. I have more and just finished uploading 200 WL photos to Photobucket. I still have to frame and reduce them though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
Yes, that beautiful pic is an inner courtyard view from the South wing, most likely from the 7th (CL) floor. Thanks for the photo, Kook. 15 days and counting...
Yes, it's room 7127 which is next to the Presidential Suite. It is one of only two Standard CL rooms that directly face out to the WL courtyard. The other room is 7035 in the North Wing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomJill View Post
This is kind of WL related, but also slightly OT. I finished a dress for my DD to wear at the lodge (when we arrive in just 99 days!!). When I saw the one that GrandCalifornian made for her DD, I knew I had to find the fabric. I ended up buying the same fabric but in a different color. This is the result (ignore the hair - it hasn't been brushed yet):
Not OT at all! Such a cute bear/owl fabric. You are very talented and your DD will have all eyes on her at WL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Kook, is that from "Your Room." Completely different perspective from the other side.
Why yes, it is! 7127 in the South Wing. Weren't you in 7035? If so, we need to compare notes on the elevator noises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
Just booked the first leg of our flight!!! Seems more real now

If it's not too much trouble, can I be added to the "future guest" list on the first page?

My dates are 2/27 - 3/5.

TIA
I've added you and I'm glad your first flight is all booked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
I sure hope we get a view similar to that, that's what I requested. I can hardly wait, we leave next Thursday night after DH gets home from work.
Keep us posted and I hope you get your request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hebbynan View Post
OMG...this is beautiful! We are in a courtyard bunk bed room and we requested inner courtyard.....I really hope we get a view similar to this. I would LOVE to wake up and see this first thing every day we're there!!!! Fingers Crossed!
I hope you get it and a high floor helps, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Can anyone confirm the animals at the Fort Wilderness petting zoo? Seems like it could be a relaxing afternoon break activity!

Only 11 more sleeps until our first stay at the lodge!!!
I posted above that for several years there have only been ponies and draft horses and unfortunately, you can't pet either of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanjett1976 View Post

Thanks!
I didn't record it, but it's a fairly recent addition, maybe in the past couple of years so it isn't on the WL music track that I link to on page 1.

Quote:
I can totally picture being on the bus listening to that song. We aren't there yet, but I did Google it and found some possibilities. I think a likely possibility is Creation by Brian Keane, which you can hear a sample of here. There is a list of WL music at wildernesslodgesite. For as meany people who have asked specifically about the bus music I'm surprised the answer isn't easier to find...
The Keane album fits perfectly - good work! DD and I thought that either Sitting Bull Theme or Native American Theme came close to the bus music:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00.../ref=dm_sp_alb
Old 08-22-2013, 05:36 PM   #1731
chimommy
Mouseketeer

Early ADR at CRT... what is our best transportation option? I would like to take a boat but it looks like the boat running to mk wont operate till after I hope to leave. Would taking the boat to CR and walking to MK be a good option or should we just take the bus? OUr ADR is for 8:15.... I want to get to the park a little before 8am so we can take some pictures. Thanks!
Old 08-22-2013, 06:47 PM   #1732
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Why yes, it is! 7127 in the South Wing. Weren't you in 7035? If so, we need to compare notes on the elevator noises.

Nope. 7043 and Elevator alllll the way around the corner. (Sure feel bad Randy's office used to be a guest room but the noise from the freight elevator was to loud so he got 'stuck with it, poor guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimommy View Post
Early ADR at CRT... what is our best transportation option? I would like to take a boat but it looks like the boat running to mk wont operate till after I hope to leave. Would taking the boat to CR and walking to MK be a good option or should we just take the bus? OUr ADR is for 8:15.... I want to get to the park a little before 8am so we can take some pictures. Thanks!
Check out Page 1, Post 10 and plan to be at the bus at approximate 7:00 or so to have time to putz along Main Street.
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Last edited by CuteAsMinnie; 08-23-2013 at 11:09 AM.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:25 PM   #1733
Holly Quinlan
This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Ya. Still good.

we have an ADR for ohana at 7:30am on our magic kingdom day but we are wanting to make rope drop this day do you think this will be enough time without being rushed? I also have another 7:30am ohana ADR on our free day but we will be eating at ohana for dinner this night before our firework cruise. Do you think it would be a bad idea to eat here twice in one day or should I take my chances with making it to rope drop? I'm trying to decide which breakfast to cancel and which one to keep. I think I have put more planning into this trip than I did my own wedding

Old 08-22-2013, 08:43 PM   #1734
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly Quinlan View Post
we have an ADR for ohana at 7:30am on our magic kingdom day but we are wanting to make rope drop this day do you think this will be enough time without being rushed? I also have another 7:30am ohana ADR on our free day but we will be eating at ohana for dinner this night before our firework cruise. Do you think it would be a bad idea to eat here twice in one day or should I take my chances with making it to rope drop? I'm trying to decide which breakfast to cancel and which one to keep. I think I have put more planning into this trip than I did my own wedding
If MK opens at 9am, then it will be close. If you are seated on time and your food is served quickly, you might get done in an hour. But then you would have to deal with the crowds of people that are all trying to get to MK for rope drop at the same time. It would be stressful. At least the monorail is located on the same floor and very close to 'Ohana.

It wouldn't worry about eating at 'Ohana twice in one day. They are two different menus and two different experiences. We had dinner at 'Ohana and it was like "dinner and a show". People stay at resorts all the time and frequently eat meals in the same dining room.

Next up: WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 08-22-2013, 08:59 PM   #1735
cheesemouse
DIS Veteran

Hi - I just have to say a HUGE thank you for such a detailed and informative thread!!! We are doing a split stay at WLV and another resort (which will remain nameless) and the other resort's FAQ page is so limited and useless. Thanks for all of the wonderful info on page 1! Any time I have a question I go there and sure enough, there is the answer.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:38 PM   #1736
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesemouse View Post
Hi - I just have to say a HUGE thank you for such a detailed and informative thread!!! We are doing a split stay at WLV and another resort (which will remain nameless) and the other resort's FAQ page is so limited and useless. Thanks for all of the wonderful info on page 1! Any time I have a question I go there and sure enough, there is the answer.
That's cuz Kook is sooooo absolutely AMAZING!!!!

And we're happy to welcome you home!
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 08-23-2013, 07:22 AM   #1737
dtragonese
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch7977 View Post

Just did online check in yesterday. Only options were: Ground floor, 4th, 5th, or 6th floor, Highest floor or near the elevator. No option of north vs. south wing, open to lobby etc. however we are booked for a woods view so may be different for courtyard view. I was disappointed in the lack of choices.
We did online check in last evening. We have courtyard view booked, but got the same options as mentioned above. I guess the options are the same regardless of view. Hopefully they honor the requests on our original reservation. 27 days until we arrive at WL. Can't wait!
Old 08-23-2013, 07:26 AM   #1738
joanjett1976
Shane in the study with the candlestick!
As a Disney geek you can truly feel Walt's touch in the park

Quote:
I can totally picture being on the bus listening to that song. We aren't there yet, but I did Google it and found some possibilities. I think a likely possibility is Creation by Brian Keane, which you can hear a sample of here. There is a list of WL music at wildernesslodgesite. For as many people who have asked specifically about the bus music I'm surprised the answer isn't easier to find...
Good guess and thanks so much for replying so quickly....but that is not the song. The one I'm looking for is a bit less lush. More 'campfire', retro-y. More repetitive and i'm sure many qould qualify as 'strident'.

Anybody else? I've seen this question pop up on the boards a few times in years past and we still don,t have an answer. I even wrote in to Disney and they could not locate it.
Nov 2013 WDW Yacht-AKL, Aug 2012 Disneyland, Jan 2012 WDW WL, July 2011 Disneyland, Oct 2010 WDW Swan, April 2010 DL Paris, Jan 2010 Disneyland, April 2009 DL Paris, Jan 2008 Paradise Pier Disneyland, Oct 2007 DL Paris, Sept 2007 POFQ, May 2007 Grand Californian Disneyland, April 2007 DL Paris, Feb 2007 Disney Wonder & POP, Oct 2006 MNSSHP/F&W @ POP, Oct 2006 DL Paris, May 2006 2 weeks @ POP, April 2006 DL Paris, January 2006 Disneyland, January 2006 30th Bday POP/AKL, Oct 2005 DL Paris, June 2005 POFQ, Feb 2005 Disneyland, Aug 2004 POFQ, 1983-1984-1986-1988-1989-1991-1994: Off Site, July 1980: 4 Years Old: 1st Trip To WDW

Old 08-23-2013, 07:27 AM   #1739
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly Quinlan View Post
I agree it will be very close. I think when we went we were in and out in under an hour after we sat, but we had luck with the characters coming quickly. You could end up being done with breakfast and still having to wait for Mickey to come over. Overall, though, we liked both the meal and the character interactions there. I would try to get there early, like before 7:15 to try to get seated early or on time.

Also agree dinner is VERY different. Enjoy!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 08-23-2013, 07:31 AM   #1740
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

1 week, 1 week and we will be at WL, well, we'll be starting the day at Sea World, but just after lunch we will be headed to check in at WL

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: