Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 05:44 PM   #1696
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by JinxedSydney View Post
Through magical circumstances, we were able to move our reservation from POR to WL. I was so excited that I cried!!! Literally, though, I did cry.

We stayed in the WL in 2007 and never had an issue with the transportation. We had figured that waiting was just part of the process. The only issue we had was a guy that photo bombed the perfect picture on a morning boat trip.

Anyhoo, we are so excited to be headed back to WL. I've hopped on this board to learn any new secrets and fun activities. I know we're over 100 days out, but I've still been tempted to start packing.
Congratulations! We had over 5 years between trips and loved WL even more upon returning. We started our daily countdown chain at 100 days, and are super excited to be in the teens now.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:27 PM   #1697
rhondakg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
We split ours 3 ways, but they aren't super big. We would supplement the breakfast with some leftover dessert from the night before or get something else to add to it with a snack credit (like hash browns). If we were more hungry we get two platters and each share a bit with DD. I will post a pic.

THANK YOU SOO MUCH FOR POSTING THE mickey waffles are sooo cute - my 4 yr old is going to love them (who am I kidding - me too )
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2013, 07:43 PM   #1698
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Question for you seasoned WL folks. In the mornings, what time do you get to the bus stop to get to the MK for rope drop? At POR, I usually got there by 8:00, but was thinking I could push it to 8:15 due to the proximity of the WL to MK. However, another Diser says that they wouldn't do that and I really should get to the bus stop by by 8 at the latest. Seeing the RD show is important to me, but I also don't want to wait in the hot sun for over a half hour for no reason. What do you guys typically do??
We went to MK many times on our trip. but only once in the morning before rope drop. It was a Friday morning, MK opened at 9am, and when got to the boat dock around 8:40am, we found a long line. A boat was loading as we walked up, and we could tell that not everyone would be able to get on that boat. But there was another boat near by, waiting to load the next group of passengers. We got on the second boat and made it to MK in time to see the last few minutes of the opening show. I had never seen it before and had forgotten that it existed, so we didn't really try to get there early.

The boat dock is right outside the main gate to MK. It is closer to the entrance than the monorail or the bus depot is. We never took the bus, always the boat, because it was such a nice ride. And since it is closer to the entrance than the bus, we weren't too interesting in taking it.

Next up: WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 08-21-2013, 07:50 PM   #1699
wunkmom
Tattooed, homeschooling, crocheting, cat wrangling SAHM!

MNSSHP Boat question

On the nights of the MNSSHP, do the boats run from MK to WL at midnight, when the party ends? Or will we be forced to take the bus back to WL?

10/2013 - WL - first Deluxe trip!! TRIP REPORT FORTHCOMING!!!
2/2011 - Off site, at Grandma's house, just Wunk & me.
9/2008 - ASSports - So much rain, so few people!
1/2006 - POR - Look Wunk, Santa gave us a trip to Disney!
11/2003 - CBR - Wunk's first trip - Thanksgiving with extended family.
6/1991 - Dolphin - Concierge Level - With my future husband - Subway convention (13th fastest sandwich maker in US!)

Old 08-21-2013, 07:53 PM   #1700
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondakg View Post
THANK YOU SOO MUCH FOR POSTING THE mickey waffles are sooo cute - my 4 yr old is going to love them (who am I kidding - me too )
A waffle story to share:

On DD(20) first trip she was 2 1/2 and loveeeeeed Mickey n Minnie n Pooh and 'all the guys.' We stayed at CBR and Mommy and Daddy were so excited to surprise her with a Mickey Waffle! OMGosh was she excited. She looked at it in awe, gave it a pretend hug, blew it a kiss and then Daddy cut off his head, then the ears, then the face, then...... she screamed and sobbed and we looked at each other thinking, "Oh..... Shoooooot! Now what?!?!"

Then a sweet 6 year old girl came up to her and said what I don't remember; probably something like, "Don't worry, Mickey MADE the waffle for u do it is okay to eat it!" Dad did try to 'glue' Mickey or get her a new one but she was too smart for that.

Now it's hysterical. Then not so much.

Wilderness Lodge Club Level - 2010, 2013
We'll be home soon...

Last edited by CuteAsMinnie; 08-22-2013 at 10:00 AM.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:06 PM   #1701
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryCM View Post
Only 38 more days!!!! I am so impressed with IPO at WL that I have now booked a February trip for next year!! It is our 42nd anniversary and we usually cruise, but I have had some major medical issues and my husband does not want to be off on a ship if something should happen.

I know I am going to hear, "Not Disney again", but we use our trip as if we are going to any resort vacation. We go often and enjoy just hanging and relaxing at the resorts. WL is Jim's favorite resort to do this, so I booked the room. We will be there Feb.5-12. Got all the dinning I wanted too!!
You will be at the WL before you know it . Congrats on booking again for next year......the WL is a great resort for a relaxing anniversary trip .

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
Single digit dance Officially 8 daye until we leave and 9 until we check into the WL for our first ever CL stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
The husbands won't be as disinterested when they see the view, Bay Lake, the fridge full of beer, the delicious cobbler and array of appetizers, the marina, Territory Lounge, the lobby........
I agree .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClareH37 View Post
I'm finally (after thinking it about it for many years ) switched my 8-15 May 2014 trip from the BC CL to WL CL.

The more I read WDWKook's (and other posters) posts the more I know I've made the right decision as my next trip will be a more relaxing trip and I can just myself relaxing at the Lodge
I think you made a good choice . We've stayed at the BC (although not CL) and while we did like the resort, WL (especially CL) is . May will be here before you know it .

Quote:
Anyhoo, we are so excited to be headed back to WL. I've hopped on this board to learn any new secrets and fun activities. I know we're over 100 days out, but I've still been tempted to start packing.
These next 100 days will go by fast and you will be checking into the WL before you know it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
We started our daily countdown chain at 100 days, and are super excited to be in the teens now.
Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 08-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #1702
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

Quote:
I'm finally (after thinking it about it for many years ) switched my 8-15 May 2014 trip from the BC CL to WL CL.

The more I read WDWKook's (and other posters) posts the more I know I've made the right decision as my next trip will be a more relaxing trip and I can just myself relaxing at the Lodge
Clare, I think you will be happy with your choice. Jim and I are staying here in 36 days. I will keep you posted.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:54 AM   #1703
ClareH37
DIS Veteran

I'm n my iPad and its not letting me quote everyone

Thanks again wdwkook and mickeynut, the great thing about Disney is the variety of resorts but thankfully so far I've loved every stay, I'm confident that'll continue at the WL too

Kerry can't wait to hear about your stay

1992/1994/1995/1997/1999/2001 - Offsite/POFQ * December 2004 - CSR, YC * December 2006 - YC CL * May 2007 - BWI * December 2007 - GF RPC, BWI CL * May 2009 - BWI CL *
May 2010 - BWI CL * November 2011 - BWI CL * December 2012 - BC CL
Old 08-22-2013, 05:51 AM   #1704
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Well, 190 days to go. Not sure how I'm gonna make it that long.

It seems the more often I go, the more I miss it??!!! Doesn't make sense I know.

Really enjoyed the WL picture threads and room view threads.
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 11/14 - Split Stay???
Me DH DD22 DD16 Maud Marie

Old 08-22-2013, 06:22 AM   #1705
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Through magical circumstances, we were able to move our reservation from POR to WL. I was so excited that I cried!!! Literally, though, I did cry.

We stayed in the WL in 2007 and never had an issue with the transportation. We had figured that waiting was just part of the process. The only issue we had was a guy that photo bombed the perfect picture on a morning boat trip.

Yippee!! That is magical. If the moods strikes, I say PACK! There will come a time when you don't really feel like packing so I say pack when you feel like it, even if it's 100 days out. Just make a list of all the last minute/day stuff that you have left and cross off whatever has already been packed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunkmom View Post
On the nights of the MNSSHP, do the boats run from MK to WL at midnight, when the party ends? Or will we be forced to take the bus back to WL?
The Red Flag boat to/from MK operates 1.5 hours after MK closes. The buses pretty much operate until the park is empty. Leave no guest behind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
A waffle story to share:

On DD(20) first trip she was 2 1/2 and loveeeeeed Mickey n Minnie n Pooh and 'all the guys.' We stayed at CBR and Mommy and Daddy were so excited to surprise her with a Mickey Waffle! OMGosh was she excited. She looked at it in awe, gave it a pretend hug, blew it a kiss and then Daddy cut off his lead, them the ears, then the face, then...... she screamed and sobbed and we looked at each other thinking, "Oh..... Shoooooot! Now what?!?!"

Then a sweet 6 year old girl came up to her and said what I don't remember; probably something like, "Don't worry, Mickey MADE the waffle for u do it is okay to eat it!" Dad did try to 'glue' Mickey or get her a new one but she was too smart for that.

Now it's hysterical. Then not so much.

Poor DD! I can see it now - major tears and angst, but at least you can laugh about it now. How did she feel about Mickey ice cream bars?

Quote:
I'm n my iPad and its not letting me quote everyone

Thanks again wdwkook and mickeynut, the great thing about Disney is the variety of resorts but thankfully so far I've loved every stay, I'm confident that'll continue at the WL too

Kerry can't wait to hear about your stay
You know that Kerry just booked WL/CL for February, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post

It seems the more often I go, the more I miss it??!!! Doesn't make sense I know.

We'll get you through your long wait. Here's a little something for today...

Old 08-22-2013, 06:34 AM   #1706
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
Single digit dance Officially 8 daye until we leave and 9 until we check into the WL for our first ever CL stay. my friend and I are getting excited, the husbands seem a little lackluster It's all I can do to get through my work days, of which I have 5 1/2 left.
Congrats on the single digit countdown. Today is a big day for me: I am now officially out of the triple digits and am now only 99 days away from my WL-CL vacation.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
Old 08-22-2013, 06:55 AM   #1707
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I agree about the variety of resorts.....makes it easier as there's something for everyone's taste and budget. We have loved every resort we've stayed at too and have found something at each one we love .

Quote:

The time will go faster than you think . I booked our cruise last year and put up a ticker right away (which, at the time was over a year away ) and now I'm just under 4 months and can't believe it's that close......so your time will tick away fast .

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
What a great pic to start the day .

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
Today is a big day for me: I am now officially out of the triple digits and am now only 99 days away from my WL-CL vacation.
It won't be long .
Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 08-22-2013, 06:55 AM   #1708
karenTX
Still waiting for that darn Tag Fairy!!!

Couple of quick questions about FW....

Is there still a petting zoo over at Fort Wilderness? My DD, the animal lover, would be so happy!

Any news on the Haunted Hayride? Are they going to have those this year?

Thanks!!

Born 3 Months Too Soon!

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/2ib6gwydfzyue3sh.png[/img]
Old 08-22-2013, 07:55 AM   #1709
ocalla
DIS Veteran

KOOK: If I woke up to that view every morning, I don't think I would ever check out and head home!!!!

That is just beautiful!!!!

thanks so much for posting it, I now have a HUGE smile on my face

Mickeynut: I hope you are right, still 6 months out!!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 11/14 - Split Stay???
Me DH DD22 DD16 Maud Marie

Old 08-22-2013, 08:01 AM   #1710
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenTX View Post
Couple of quick questions about FW....

Is there still a petting zoo over at Fort Wilderness? My DD, the animal lover, would be so happy!

Any news on the Haunted Hayride? Are they going to have those this year?

Thanks!!
I can't help with your questions, but I'm sure someone will be along to answer and give you some information .

Quote:
Mickeynut: I hope you are right, still 6 months out!!
It seems a long way away, but it will go fast .
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: