Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 11:22 AM   #1681
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Single digit dance Officially 8 daye until we leave and 9 until we check into the WL for our first ever CL stay. my friend and I are getting excited, the husbands seem a little lackluster It's all I can do to get through my work days, of which I have 5 1/2 left.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:30 AM   #1682
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
This is why we are going back to WL, we never got to have one of these delicious looking waffles. On the mornings that we ate breakfast at Roaring Forks, my DH and I shared the breakfast platter, which is a really good value with pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon and potatoes.

And I never went in the Mercantile either. I have a long "to do" list.
Wow, didn't walk in the mercantile, you will definitely have to remedy that. We missed the Mickey Waffles during our first trip too since we shared the breakfast platters most days.

Along with the tour that Kook mentioned (which we still haven't done) you CAN'T miss heading over to FW. We are going to walk over our first morning since we only took the boat or bus over last trip.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2013, 11:57 AM   #1683
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Those Mickey Waffles with strawberry topping looks so good!!!!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
Old 08-21-2013, 12:33 PM   #1684
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Since there have been several questions regarding MagicBand implementation, here are some posts I found on THIS THREAD regarding MagicBand testing:

The ONLY scheduled test right now is for check-ins from August 2-25 at Pop Century, AKL, YC, and the Contemporary. That is all we know of right now. Of course there are rumors of other tests/complete roll-out after August, but these are just rumors.

-------------------------------

1) There is no known test I am aware of past this month - but things are also pretty vague. This test seems more like a controlled rollout more than a test.

2) DVC has been left out of most tests so far, because they have a separate reservations system. There was just this past week the first DVC test, with select guests at BLT. DVC is not part of the August test.

However, making Fastpass+ selections, even as part of the test, does seem to require having park tickets registered with your profile, and is limited to the number of daus on the tickets

--------------------------------

The following is an internal memo regarding the June rollout from Post 1 of the thread I hyperlinked above:

As part of the test and adjust process for MyMagic+, a test involving Guests will begin onsite June 20. Selected Guests will be contacted beginning as early as June 3, inviting them to participate in the test. Test participants will:

Touch to enter their rooms, touch to enter the parks and touch to pay at eligible locations starting upon check in and continuing through their departure (all eligible parties will depart by July 6)
Redeem FastPass+ selections at all four theme parks between June 20 and June 26

Below is an outline of how eligibility for the test has been determined:

Eligible Guests:

Check-in date of June 20, 21 or 22 AND
Staying in Walt Disney World accommodations at Disneys Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House or Disneys Contemporary Resort only

Ineligible Guests:

Check-in date outside testing window (before June 20 or after June 22) OR
Staying in a Disney Vacation Club villa (Jambo House, Kidani Village, Bay Lake Tower) OR
WDW Resort Guest staying anywhere other than the eligible locations above OR
Any Guest staying off property

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 08-21-2013 at 03:45 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:09 PM   #1685
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryCM View Post
Only 38 more days!!!! I am so impressed with IPO at WL that I have now booked a February trip for next year!! It is our 42nd anniversary and we usually cruise, but I have had some major medical issues and my husband does not want to be off on a ship if something should happen.

I know I am going to hear, "Not Disney again", but we use our trip as if we are going to any resort vacation. We go often and enjoy just hanging and relaxing at the resorts. WL is Jim's favorite resort to do this, so I booked the room. We will be there Feb.5-12. Got all the dinning I wanted too!!
That sounds like a great plan. (Just so you know, WL and Poly share the IPO which is located at the Poly.)

I'm glad you've had a positive experience and were able to book a special 42nd anniversary trip at Jim's favorite resort. It's great being on vacation and knowing when you'll be able to return. And, all your ADRs are booked, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
That's super news!!!

I know what you mean.............I haven't even told anyone we are going back for Mardi Gras. People already think we are nuts
Same here - they don't get it. Someone asked me after we got back recently if we had done any new activities. Nope. We did the same great things we love! That's why we keep coming back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
Single digit dance Officially 8 daye until we leave and 9 until we check into the WL for our first ever CL stay. my friend and I are getting excited, the husbands seem a little lackluster It's all I can do to get through my work days, of which I have 5 1/2 left.
The husbands won't be as disinterested when they see the view, Bay Lake, the fridge full of beer, the delicious cobbler and array of appetizers, the marina, Territory Lounge, the lobby........

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 08-21-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:37 PM   #1686
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
Wow, didn't walk in the mercantile, you will definitely have to remedy that.
I was kept away by the task of keeping an eye on a very active three year old. We didn't want her to see all the goodies for sale.

Quote:
Along with the tour that Kook mentioned (which we still haven't done) you CAN'T miss heading over to FW. We are going to walk over our first morning since we only took the boat or bus over last trip.
I don't think we'll be able to fit the lodge tour into the schedule. And my husband thinks it will be too boring.

The top of our "to do" list includes the walk to Fort Wilderness. My husband is very keen on doing this, too. The whole trip is geared to exploring and relaxing. And since it is Christmas time, I am planning to drag him to FW for a tour of the campsites after dinner at Trail's End. I want to see the Christmas decorations.

Our next trip will be to the BC for the Flower and Garden Show, so it might be a really long time before we have a chance to return to the WL. We need to take advantage while we are there. I just wish we could have a longer trip. Work is just too busy in December, and the bounce back discount was for only five nights.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 08-21-2013, 02:45 PM   #1687
ClareH37
DIS Veteran

I'm finally (after thinking it about it for many years ) switched my 8-15 May 2014 trip from the BC CL to WL CL.

The more I read WDWKook's (and other posters) posts the more I know I've made the right decision as my next trip will be a more relaxing trip and I can just myself relaxing at the Lodge

1992/1994/1995/1997/1999/2001 - Offsite/POFQ * December 2004 - CSR, YC * December 2006 - YC CL * May 2007 - BWI * December 2007 - GF RPC, BWI CL * May 2009 - BWI CL *
May 2010 - BWI CL * November 2011 - BWI CL * December 2012 - BC CL * May 2014 - GF CL & WL CL *
Old 08-21-2013, 02:57 PM   #1688
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Question for you seasoned WL folks. In the mornings, what time do you get to the bus stop to get to the MK for rope drop? At POR, I usually got there by 8:00, but was thinking I could push it to 8:15 due to the proximity of the WL to MK. However, another Diser says that they wouldn't do that and I really should get to the bus stop by by 8 at the latest. Seeing the RD show is important to me, but I also don't want to wait in the hot sun for over a half hour for no reason. What do you guys typically do??
Old 08-21-2013, 03:34 PM   #1689
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClareH37 View Post
I'm finally (after thinking it about it for many years ) switched my 8-15 May 2014 trip from the BC CL to WL CL.

The more I read WDWKook's (and other posters) posts the more I know I've made the right decision as my next trip will be a more relaxing trip and I can just myself relaxing at the Lodge
Well, it's about time Clare

You probably recall that we didn't like BWI/CL, but we love the Old Faithful Club, and I think you will, too. Let us know if you have any questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Question for you seasoned WL folks. In the mornings, what time do you get to the bus stop to get to the MK for rope drop? At POR, I usually got there by 8:00, but was thinking I could push it to 8:15 due to the proximity of the WL to MK. However, another Diser says that they wouldn't do that and I really should get to the bus stop by by 8 at the latest. Seeing the RD show is important to me, but I also don't want to wait in the hot sun for over a half hour for no reason. What do you guys typically do??
Well, we're not RD people, unless you count our foray into RD a few weeks ago when we arrived for Mexico's RD

So let's assume MK opens at 0900 and you aren't doing AM EMH. Let's also assume you've just missed the boat or bus and you have to wait a full 20 minutes for the next one. Let's add 10 minutes travel time and another 15 minutes to get through security/turnstiles and mis. delays. I would be at either the dock or depot NLT 0815, but 0800 would ensure a pre-RD arrival.

Another option if you don't want to wait in the sun at the MK would be to take the Blue Flag boat to CR then time it so you arrive at the MK just prior to RD. The walk to the MK from the CR is only 10 minutes. While you might not be in control of when you arrive at CR, you could control when you start walking to the MK and can better time your arrival.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:53 PM   #1690
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Same here - they don't get it. Someone asked me after we got back recently if we had done any new activities. Nope. We did the same great things we love! That's why we keep coming back.

The husbands won't be as disinterested when they see the view, Bay Lake, the fridge full of beer, the delicious cobbler and array of appetizers, the marina, Territory Lounge, the lobby........

to the first....

to the second!!!

Have a Magical Day!!
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 08-21-2013, 03:57 PM   #1691
ClareH37
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, it's about time Clare

You probably recall that we didn't like BWI/CL, but we love the Old Faithful Club, and I think you will, too. Let us know if you have any questions.
I am getting excited I know you didn't love BWI, I still do but unfortunately CL is not available for my dates, I went with the BC as I really enjoyed it there last year but it's time for a change. I intend to have mornings in a park then come back to the lodge to relax in the afternoon.

I know I'm going to have lots of questions lol

1992/1994/1995/1997/1999/2001 - Offsite/POFQ * December 2004 - CSR, YC * December 2006 - YC CL * May 2007 - BWI * December 2007 - GF RPC, BWI CL * May 2009 - BWI CL *
May 2010 - BWI CL * November 2011 - BWI CL * December 2012 - BC CL * May 2014 - GF CL & WL CL *
Old 08-21-2013, 04:10 PM   #1692
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
to the first....

to the second!!!

Have a Magical Day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClareH37 View Post
I am getting excited I know you didn't love BWI, I still do but unfortunately CL is not available for my dates, I went with the BC as I really enjoyed it there last year but it's time for a change. I intend to have mornings in a park then come back to the lodge to relax in the afternoon.

I know I'm going to have lots of questions lol
Just need to set the record straight that we really liked BWI, just not their CL. We would definitely stay there again, but without CL. And since we're chatting about the Epcot area, I'm also not a fan of YC's CL, but would stay there again, too without CL. I think that the OFC has spoiled me and it's also a great value.

Happy planning!
Old 08-21-2013, 04:44 PM   #1693
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:

I know they will, especially mine.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:56 PM   #1694
Princess Leia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
We are rope drop people. We found that if you are at the boat dock at 8.15am you are there before rope drop. We did this on lots of days and it worked every-time. We love Magic Kingdom. We didn't ever use the bus to or from the Magic Kingdom.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:36 PM   #1695
JinxedSydney
Lurker Extraordinare

Through magical circumstances, we were able to move our reservation from POR to WL. I was so excited that I cried!!! Literally, though, I did cry.

We stayed in the WL in 2007 and never had an issue with the transportation. We had figured that waiting was just part of the process. The only issue we had was a guy that photo bombed the perfect picture on a morning boat trip.

Anyhoo, we are so excited to be headed back to WL. I've hopped on this board to learn any new secrets and fun activities. I know we're over 100 days out, but I've still been tempted to start packing.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: