Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 11:15 AM   #151
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
Hi Kook, I noticed the unfortunate removal of the Sea Raycer Split from your ticker. We read about your change of plans on the CR thread, and just wanted to offer our encouragement. While the split might not happen this summer, it still sounds like a great plan and hopefully you will get to do it soon. Any vacation is a good vacation though, and multiple ones are even better. We'll be glad to share our September WL fun with you all via the thread.

Bay Lake EmpressYou have your eraser handy

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 05-22-2013, 11:16 AM   #152
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by turningleaf View Post
Thanks Wdwkook. In the end I just requested a room close to the lounge. The view doesn't really matter to me. We hope to see EWP from the lounge.
You'll love it...so will your DD!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc2kl115 View Post
We are on our way to WL.. So excited for our first stay and for dd and ds first visit to wdw

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #153
goofynut41
Disney Veteran

Quote:
Hi Kook, I noticed the unfortunate removal of the Sea Raycer Split from your ticker. We read about your change of plans on the CR thread, and just wanted to offer our encouragement. While the split might not happen this summer, it still sounds like a great plan and hopefully you will get to do it soon. Any vacation is a good vacation though, and multiple ones are even better. We'll be glad to share our September WL fun with you all via the thread.
To KOOK..
So sorry to hear about cancel of Disney plans... If the government work was involved I understand... I never know when ours could get canceled also... Never know things could change... Hope whatever you do is great fun...

Old 05-22-2013, 02:52 PM   #154
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc2kl115 View Post
We are on our way to WL.. So excited for our first stay and for dd and ds first visit to wdw
How exciting! Safe and happy travels

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristenRB View Post
It sure is!!! Haha ) and they still have those cut off ties.

BTW, thanks adding me!!
You're welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2twingles View Post
Yesterday was our 180 days. got my email from the IPO office a little after 7 and we have all our dinning reservations secured. I was a little nervous on some since we have 3 dinners with parties of 15 but no problems at all.
That's great!

Quote:
I forgot you covered both sides of Bay Lake. Yes, split stay trifecta was canceled, but I can't wait to live vicariously through you and others kind enough to post a TR. We're actually looking forward to going back to TN and having a 2000 SF cabin in the mountains and plenty of BBQ will help make-up for not being at WL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Bay Lake EmpressYou have your eraser handy
I see you have a new "anonymous" ticker which can only mean one thing - where are you booked now????

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofynut41 View Post
To KOOK..
So sorry to hear about cancel of Disney plans... If the government work was involved I understand... I never know when ours could get canceled also... Never know things could change... Hope whatever you do is great fun...
I really hope you don't have to cancel. DH was given more work commitments recently (that he enjoys), but they won't allow for taking more than a week of leave at a time, which is ironic considering he's in a "use or lose" situation, so that's why we were spending two weeks at WDW. But, this way we'll spend a week each on two separate vacations that we can drive to in one day - TN and here in VA. TN even has real, live bears and gorgeous, huge cabins and Dollywood is a bit like Frontierland and Hoop-Dee-Doo
Old 05-22-2013, 03:23 PM   #155
goofynut41
Disney Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

You're welcome!

That's great!

I forgot you covered both sides of Bay Lake. Yes, split stay trifecta was canceled, but I can't wait to live vicariously through you and others kind enough to post a TR. We're actually looking forward to going back to TN and having a 2000 SF cabin in the mountains and plenty of BBQ will help make-up for not being at WL.

I see you have a new "anonymous" ticker which can only mean one thing - where are you booked now????

I really hope you don't have to cancel. DH was given more work commitments recently (that he enjoys), but they won't allow for taking more than a week of leave at a time, which is ironic considering he's in a "use or lose" situation, so that's why we were spending two weeks at WDW. But, this way we'll spend a week each on two separate vacations that we can drive to in one day - TN and here in VA. TN even has real, live bears and gorgeous, huge cabins and Dollywood is a bit like Frontierland and Hoop-Dee-Doo
I hope I don't either... If it comes down to money, we will stay SOG... Have fun at your cabin and watch out for those bears....

Old 05-22-2013, 07:10 PM   #156
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Checking into POP tomorrow and WL on Friday afternoon!

The buzz right now on Pop's thread is about boxed fans that you can request for your room. Do they have these at WL too? Just curious as I had never heard of this before!
Old 05-22-2013, 07:46 PM   #157
LINYMOM
Mouseketeer

I have to change my ticker. It was Fort Wilderness but we changed to WL
Old 05-22-2013, 08:28 PM   #158
kc2kl115
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Enjoy it! If you get a chance pop in and let us know how it is going, and maybe even post a picture or two to show the place we all wish we were at. We can't wait to be there.
WL is amazing! We are so glad we decided to stay. I will post pics when I can
Old 05-22-2013, 08:53 PM   #159
francileb
Mouseketeer

I was looking on youtube at WL videos and came across videos of people viewing Wishes from the roof top at WL. I feel like I've done a lot of research, and hadn't come across this as even a possibility--so I'm here to ask the experts. Is rooftop fireworks viewing available for anyone staying at the lodge? Is it a special "family of the day" type thing? Is it only for New Year's Eve or other holidays? Did these people sneak up on the roof???

Any information would be appreciated. If rooftop viewing is possible, I think my family would be totally into it.

We've never stayed onsite before, and have a WL/BC split stay planned (WL 10/25-10/30). Originally we were just going to do BC (I think my kids will love the pool,) but I just couldn't get over a deep, heartfelt desire to stay at WL too!! I'm so excited
Old 05-22-2013, 10:03 PM   #160
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Oh Kook, I'm so sorry you have to cancel WDW but...

Are you even kidding me right now? If you tell me you're staying at CD2 in Cobbly Nob...

you know, if you don't go to WDW, the Smokies truly is home! It can be so peaceful there. Last year we had mama bear and 3 baby cubs right outside our front door!! And if course there is nothing like Cade's Cove! Blessings to you!!
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Last edited by CuteAsMinnie; 05-23-2013 at 06:37 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:07 PM   #161
blondie_k21
Earning My Ears

Quote:

You're welcome!

That's great!

This made me LOL. I just happened to lurk over. I live in Knoxville, maybe 35 minutes away from Dollywood. We have season passes, and it's usually a twice a month thing. It always surprises me when people talk about East TN as such a great vacation spot, but you can't beat tranquility in the mountains and good ole southern charm. :

'98 - Offsite, '00 - DL/ASMu, '03 - ASMo, '08 - POP, '09 - CSR, '10 - CSR, '11 - OKW
December 2013 - POP

Old 05-22-2013, 11:56 PM   #162
Disneyluvr81
Mouseketeer

WDWKOOK - I am so sorry to hear you had to cancel the split stay trifecta but your cabins sounds amazing. We have never been to TN but its on our bucket list.

I am working up the courage to do a trip report for our September trip - I have read so many amazing ones on here and would love to share our experiences with everyone else. I will definitely let you know if I get one up and running when we get back, especially since you were my motivation in the first place to pop over to the Poly for the first couple nights of our stay.

I hope you have a fantastic time in TN though and will share pictures with us when you get back!

A Tale of Two Castles and a Dumbo Double Dare for Good Measure - a Sept 13 TR
Two Castles in 24 Hours...Bring it On! A Sept 2013 PTR

Jan 2015 - Dopey / Nov 2014 - Wine & Dine / Aug 2014 - DVC Cruise / April 2014 - Family Trip / Feb 2014 - Princess Weekend / Sept 2013 - Anniversary / Jan 2013 - WDW Marathon / Sept 2011 - Anniversary / Dec 2009 - Xmas Trip / Sept 2008 - Honeymoon / Jan 2007 - 1st Trip

Old 05-23-2013, 04:19 AM   #163
WDW in Pearls
Monograms and Minnie Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by turningleaf View Post
Also, is there a room view that lets you see the boat dock? So we can see when the boat is coming? Lol lazy I know. When we stayed at BWI we got a room where you could see when the boat to Epcot was coming and we loved it.
We could see it from room 3001 (Woods View) but you would really need to haul you know what to get to the dock in time!

Old 05-23-2013, 06:23 AM   #164
lolobug
DIS Veteran

Just booked our first trip EVER, Jan. 22-29!

Please add me to the list
Old 05-23-2013, 07:43 AM   #165
goofynut41
Disney Veteran

DOING THE 199 DAYS HAPPY DANCE!!!!!! Getting Closer!!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: