Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 12:59 AM   #136
cmdg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
I've noticed with the new website that you can't add celebrations anymore am I missing it? Has anyone had any luck? I really hate calling if I don't have to.
I've noticed this, too.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:16 AM   #137
TheLodgeLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna114 View Post
I would call. I also would recommend Izzy, as your server. He is a treasure and very knowledgeable. He only added to our anniversary celebration. We are headed down in August but will celebrate our anniversary at AP. Our 25th was May 7th. WL is one of the best stays on property and you won't be sorry that you decided to stay there. Happy Anniversary and enjoy your stay.
I second that recommendation! Izzy is amazing . So much fun and really knows his stuff.

Another server is Steven. We will actually opt out of a window seat just to be in either of their sections.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2013, 08:55 AM   #138
katmg
Mouseketeer

I am thinking about restaurants for our Jan 2014 trip. I'm wanting some advice on the best way to get from WL to the following restaurants:

1) DTD - Raglan Road
2) Boma (we may still be at Animal Kingdom, but we may also need to come back to WL before we go)
3) Kona Café breakfast

Any help would be appreciated!
Old 05-21-2013, 09:17 AM   #139
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmg View Post
I am thinking about restaurants for our Jan 2014 trip. I'm wanting some advice on the best way to get from WL to the following restaurants:

1) DTD - Raglan Road
2) Boma (we may still be at Animal Kingdom, but we may also need to come back to WL before we go)
3) Kona Café breakfast

Any help would be appreciated!
2. Boma - from WL - you could take the bus to MK and then the bus to AKL. The bus to MK is a five minute ride.

3. Kona - I would take the boat to CR then the monorail to the Poly. That is how we got to 'Ohana. The boat ride to CR is really short, ten minutes at the most.

Next up: WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 05-21-2013, 09:46 AM   #140
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
2. Boma - from WL - you could take the bus to MK and then the bus to AKL. The bus to MK is a five minute ride.

3. Kona - I would take the boat to CR then the monorail to the Poly. That is how we got to 'Ohana. The boat ride to CR is really short, ten minutes at the most.
That's what we would do for both. We often used MK as a hub to get to/from other resorts, and we did it for AKL, AoA, and SSR. The boat to CR is a neat quick way to get Monorail access.

For 1. DTD, we just use the DTD bus. It was the longest bus ride in our experience, and we had to wait a while for it to arrive, but it was quicker than busing to POR and riding the boat to DTD or busing to SSR and walking to DTD.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:54 AM   #141
katmg
Mouseketeer

Perfect! Thank you both!

I forgot about dinner at Ohana, luckily y'all have me covered.

Now if you could just make the next 7 1/2 months pass more speedily!
Old 05-21-2013, 11:21 AM   #142
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace&Carolinesmom View Post
We had dinner a few years ago at Artist Point so although not recent, I hope it will give you a little info for comparison.

The food was not overly fancy and there was a nice variety on the menu. My favorite dish was actually the 3-cheese course I ordered as an appetizer. It was quite yummy. My husband's appetizer and both our entree's were good but not spectacular. I felt they were all overly salty which put a damper on the meal as a whole. Would I go back, yes. Would I go out of my way to squeeze in a ressie, no. Too many other restaurants higher on the list.

Narcoossee's(sp?)....we LOVE! Have eaten here 3 times and it has been fabulous every single time. I would definitely go back here again and again.

If you are on the dining plan, I do not think Artist Point is worth 2 credits but Narcoossee's definitely is If you are staying at WL and want to pay OOP for a dinner at Artist Point, yes....I would eat there. HTHs
Welcome to the thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
I've noticed with the new website that you can't add celebrations anymore am I missing it? Has anyone had any luck? I really hate calling if I don't have to.
You're right, and I went back and corrected my post - I was thinking of the old site. Now, you can only check a pre-set number of dietary restrictions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINYMOM View Post
Please add us to the list. We are going Oct 19-26
It's official! In your signature you have FWL - do you mean WL (Wilderness Lodge) or FW (Ft. Wilderness)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Hi WL family!!!!

Needed to give a big cuz we are under the 60 day mark and we are soooooo excited!!!!!

We asked the kids last night what they are most looking forward to:
DD20 = Mickey Bar!
DS17 = Old Faithful Club

This trip is extra special for us cuz
1) it's the only resort DS has known.
2) He and DD wanted to go back "one last time as kids"
3) We're celebrating our 25th Anniversary!

Have a Magical Day everyone!!!!
That is so cute that your kids are looking forward to Mickey Bars and the OFC - now if only the two were combined

Quote:
Originally Posted by turningleaf View Post
Thanks KOOK and all those who responded on the pool. We're excited to try it out!

KOOK, I looked at the locations of 7035 and 7127 and I feel they are too far from the OFC. What do you recommend I request for room location? We would like to be quiet, reasonably close to the lounge and yet have a view of something that's not a utility area, parking or rooftops. We don't want to see Wishes but a lake view and EWP would be nice. Barring that, woods would be nice too.

Also, is there a room view that lets you see the boat dock? So we can see when the boat is coming? Lol lazy I know. When we stayed at BWI we got a room where you could see when the boat to Epcot was coming and we loved it.
While they are the furthest rooms from the lounge, the 7th floor does not extend out to Bay Lake as do floors 1-6 so 7127 is only about a 30 second walk to the lounge - all the 7th floor rooms are very close to the lounge, but none have much of a view of the marina due to all the foliage blocking it by the geyser and walking path and due to the fact the rooms don't extend past about the Territory Lounge.

I've never stayed in a North Wing Woods View room on the 7th floor, so I don't know if one of those rooms near Bay Lake might have a marina view off to the right. Some of the Deluxe rooms would because some are located at the ends of the each wing on floors 1-6. We had a view of the marina at BWI and the views of the marina at WL are obstructed, whereas the BWI BW View is not at all.

To have a partial Wishes view and an EWP view, you would need to request an Inner Courtyard, South Wing room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskids2 View Post
Hi!

I did online check in at our 60 day mark. Does anyone know if you get an email saying anything about that? The only difference on MDE is that the online check in button is no longer there.
I don't recall ever getting one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLodgeLady View Post
I second that recommendation! Izzy is amazing . So much fun and really knows his stuff.

Another server is Steven. We will actually opt out of a window seat just to be in either of their sections.
Welcome to the new thread!
Old 05-21-2013, 09:38 PM   #143
KristenRB
Mouseketeer

Hey! Can you please add me to the list? I am reserved for WL September 20th-25th

I cannot wait! This will be my first time staying on Disney Property!!! We will be celebrating my birthday as well

We asked for Woods View Northside Otter Pond rooms 6004-6034. Fingers crossed we get it!!!

Me DBF
Old 05-21-2013, 09:51 PM   #144
turningleaf
Mouseketeer

Thanks Wdwkook. In the end I just requested a room close to the lounge. The view doesn't really matter to me. We hope to see EWP from the lounge.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:32 AM   #145
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristenRB View Post
Hey! Can you please add me to the list? I am reserved for WL September 20th-25th

I cannot wait! This will be my first time staying on Disney Property!!! We will be celebrating my birthday as well

We asked for Woods View Northside Otter Pond rooms 6004-6034. Fingers crossed we get it!!!
You've been added, Kristin!. Going a bit OT here: Is Mesquite Charlie's still there in P'Cola? We used to go there years ago when DH had training at Hurlburt Field over in FWB. Loved all the cut-off ties on the wall!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turningleaf View Post
Thanks Wdwkook. In the end I just requested a room close to the lounge. The view doesn't really matter to me. We hope to see EWP from the lounge.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:21 AM   #146
kc2kl115
Earning My Ears

We are on our way to WL.. So excited for our first stay and for dd and ds first visit to wdw
Old 05-22-2013, 07:54 AM   #147
KristenRB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
You've been added, Kristin!. Going a bit OT here: Is Mesquite Charlie's still there in P'Cola? We used to go there years ago when DH had training at Hurlburt Field over in FWB. Loved all the cut-off ties on the wall!

It sure is!!! Haha ) and they still have those cut off ties.

BTW, thanks adding me!!

Me DBF
Old 05-22-2013, 09:14 AM   #148
mommy2twingles
Mouseketeer

Yesterday was our 180 days. got my email from the IPO office a little after 7 and we have all our dinning reservations secured. I was a little nervous on some since we have 3 dinners with parties of 15 but no problems at all.

Old 05-22-2013, 10:44 AM   #149
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc2kl115 View Post
We are on our way to WL.. So excited for our first stay and for dd and ds first visit to wdw
Enjoy it! If you get a chance pop in and let us know how it is going, and maybe even post a picture or two to show the place we all wish we were at. We can't wait to be there.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:51 AM   #150
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Hi Kook, I noticed the unfortunate removal of the Sea Raycer Split from your ticker. We read about your change of plans on the CR thread, and just wanted to offer our encouragement. While the split might not happen this summer, it still sounds like a great plan and hopefully you will get to do it soon. Any vacation is a good vacation though, and multiple ones are even better. We'll be glad to share our September WL fun with you all via the thread.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: