Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2013, 11:59 AM   #841
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
The only way to fix the 1 per day is build more attractions, and that is not a priority.
..... especially now that the purported $1B+ has already been spent.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:02 PM   #842
Momtomouselover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
What is there to convince them that the new system is free, if they didn't think the old one was?
Exactly. The old one was also less complicated and could be used spur of the moment. I see two saving graces - one is that this system somehow decreases SB lines or two is that you can have FP+ and regular FP concurrently.
Momtomouselover is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-25-2013, 12:05 PM   #843
Rileygirl
DIS Veteran

How sad is this. I'm reading these comments from my playbook. While gardening.
This is not easy to do.
Robo. And princess83. You are looking tbrough the wrong set of glasses regarding how the 80 percent will view this new. Disney. You are viewing itfrom your own personal perspective as a vet who knows how todo stuff and has seen it all
This is too frustrating to do on playbook. I give up. Talk about it later
Old 05-25-2013, 12:08 PM   #844
littleacceb
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Viva la temps libre!
Haha! True. But if I wanted to do that, I'd go somewhere cheaper
littleacceb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:08 PM   #845
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganDVC View Post
I agree and, let's be honest, WDW is for teenagers the least. I don't think it can be everything to everyone all the time. It does the little kids very well, parents very well, and baby-boom generation very well. I am 35 years old with no kids (yet) and I go 3-4 times a year, so I'd say the over-21, childfree crowd is also taken care of. But teenage boys? Maybe not. They like sports and thrills. Perhaps Universal with their roller coasters is a better plan. Or, if you live near Cedar Point like I do. No, Pirates might not hold the same mystique for a 15 year old boy that it did when he was 5.

While I'm on this tangent , I blame the parents of these disinterested teenagers! You NEED to bring your kids to WDW a much as possible when they are very young to indoctrinate them. Once they are magically brainwashed (like I was) they will keep coming back at all ages and keep loving it like they did when they were kids...
Here is the post. I like the part about sitting on the balcony drinking coffee and heading to the parks for the evening. I split my trip up and do about half rope drop, and half late evenings. You are correct, on the days I only go in to the parks later, having just one FP+ waiting for me is better than the none I usually get.

I am not sure i like trading my advantage for evening for the touring I get done on other days.

I also don't think all the comments questioning and probing Fastpass+ are negative. Doconeill has posted about 1000 times on the subject, and very few are even slightly negative.

I am definitely not a Disney hater see the other thread I started about going to Disney with my dad in a few weeks. Everything Disney does isn't best for customers. Check out those soaring ticket prices and food prices. Those changes negatively impact all customers. This fastpass+ change could also have a negative customer impact, but end up having a huge financial payoff. Yeah for stockholder Larryz. .

And soaring prices haven't stopped visitors from returning to Disney, so why would messing with fastpass? If people continue to flock to Disney even while instituting an unpopular change - it just shows Disney is invincible, and focusing on customer service is not a priority right now.

BUT, I am hoping that something else is going show up to make this more exciting.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:19 PM   #846
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rileygirl View Post
How sad is this. I'm reading these comments from my playbook. While gardening.
This is not easy to do.
Robo. And princess83. You are looking tbrough the wrong set of glasses regarding how the 80 percent will view this new. Disney. You are viewing itfrom your own personal perspective as a vet who knows how todo stuff and has seen it all
This is too frustrating to do on playbook. I give up. Talk about it later
You are a trooper!
Old 05-25-2013, 12:40 PM   #847
jade1
If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your lucky enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
Oh, so now I need a digital camera?!?
Haha, let me guess "what about those of us with 35mm film? we have to go get the roll exposed and printed out just to see our itinerary".
Old 05-25-2013, 12:41 PM   #848
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rileygirl View Post
But to be honest, for each one of us it is all about how it affects us. Many of us here do try and help others understand FP, tickets, the parks in general, etc. but I'm concerned how it affects my family's experience. And this isn't just in how we can use FP+, but how others do, and how it affects the standby lines of everything else.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:09 PM   #849
jade1
If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your lucky enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Does anyone think that holding ONE FP... that will come due during ONE park hour... is an IMPROVEMENT in guest enjoyment?
I do. But I would prefer 2 or 3. It's our own fault though as we sleep in. We do enjoy WDW and the resorts regardless of rides though.

But currently 90% of our days we miss the headliner FP's, and the waits are an hour plus every time. We do travel busy weeks though, and now have a chance at off season, so may not matter.

Currently if I could get this schedule-it would be a huge improvement for us and I would sign up today if possible.

Just sleep in, hit the pools, lunch-mix in dinner wherever, stay out for drinks.

This could be XMAS or EASTER week-no matter.

Friday arrive at BLT-MK afternoon/eve Space Mountain, Parade Wishes.
Saturday-EPCOT afternoon/eve Soarin, Illuminations.
Monday-AK afternoon Expedition Everest, MK for Parade/Wishes.
Tuesday-MK- afternoon/eve Splash, Parade/Wishes.
Wednesday move to BCV-DHS Fantasmic
Thursday EPCOT afternoon/eve TestTrack, Illuminations
Friday-DHS afternoon/evening RNR Fantasmic SB or Illuminations.
Saturday-AK afternoon Safari, Illuminations
Sunday-DHS afternoon/eve TOT, MK Parade/Wishes
Monday-DHS afternoon TSM, fly home eve

Last edited by jade1; 05-25-2013 at 01:16 PM.
jade1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:18 PM   #850
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade1 View Post
I do. But I would prefer 2 or 3. It's our own fault though as we sleep in.
Well, I hope you don't sleep in 60 days out when it's time to schedule your FPs. Because most of the folks who are happy about the new system are those who envision having late day FPs enabling them to sleep in.

I'm a rope drop person, but I will ALSO be scheduling late day FPs since I'm banking on standby being shorter earlier in the day.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:18 PM   #851
MichiganDVC
Can barely see my Kool-aid bath with these Rose-colored glasses on....

Quote:
Here is the post. I like the part about sitting on the balcony drinking coffee and heading to the parks for the evening. I split my trip up and do about half rope drop, and half late evenings. You are correct, on the days I only go in to the parks later, having just one FP+ waiting for me is better than the none I usually get.

I am not sure i like trading my advantage for evening for the touring I get done on other days.

I also don't think all the comments questioning and probing Fastpass+ are negative. Doconeill has posted about 1000 times on the subject, and very few are even slightly negative.

I am definitely not a Disney hater see the other thread I started about going to Disney with my dad in a few weeks. Everything Disney does isn't best for customers. Check out those soaring ticket prices and food prices. Those changes negatively impact all customers. Aha...soaring ticket prices are for those people who buy 3 day tickets every time they go. I either get an AP or a 10-day non-expiring PH. $650 / 10 days = $65. A 3-day PH is $106 per day?! Who could pay that?!? No wonder. But if you save ahead of time and can afford the $650 upfront (x # of ppl), you can have several vacations worth of tickets at $65 a day. Much more manageable. And you're free to bring in as much outside food as you want for your own, cheap picnic. If you need to, you CAN work around the higher prices...

This fastpass+ change could also have a negative customer impact, but end up having a huge financial payoff. Yeah for stockholder Larryz. .

And soaring prices haven't stopped visitors from returning to Disney, so why would messing with fastpass? If people continue to flock to Disney even while instituting an unpopular change - it just shows Disney is invincible, and focusing on customer service is not a priority right now.

BUT, I am hoping that something else is going show up to make this more exciting.
It will all work out in the end...

1980 - Contemporary
1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1990- Poly
1991 - Yacht Club 1996 - Offsite 2000 - Poly 2003 - Offsite
2008, 2009 - Boardwalk Villas 2010 - Offsite, Boardwalk Villas
2011 - Beach Club, Boardwalk Villas, Bay Lake Tower 2012 - Boardwalk Villas, WL/Poly 2013 - Beach Club, AKL-Kidani, Bay Lake Tower
2014 - Boardwalk, Poly
MichiganDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:20 PM   #852
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade1 View Post
I do. But I would prefer 2 or 3. It's our own fault though as we sleep in. We do enjoy WDW and the resorts regardless of rides though.

But currently 90% of our days we miss the headliner FP's, and the waits are an hour plus every time. We do travel busy weeks though, and now have a chance at off season, so may not matter.

Currently if I could get this schedule-it would be a huge improvement for us and I would sign up today if possible.

Just sleep in, hit the pools, lunch-mix in dinner wherever, stay out for drinks.

Friday arrive at BLT-MK afternoon/eve Space Mountain, Parade Wishes.
Saturday-EPCOT afternoon/eve Soarin, Illuminations.
Monday-AK afternoon Expedition Everest, MK for Parade/Wishes.
Tuesday-MK- afternoon/eve Splash, Parade/Wishes.
Wednesday move to BCV-DHS Fantasmic
Thursday EPCOT afternoon/eve TestTrack, Illuminations
Friday-DHS afternoon/evening RNR Fantasmic SB or Illuminations.
Saturday-AK afternoon Safari, Illuminations
Sunday-DHS afternoon/eve TOT, MK Parade/Wishes
Monday-DHS afternoon TSM, fly home eve
With that plan, you would be the ideal demographic. And, with that plan, you would also have two other FP+ to use for a prime spot for a parade or illuminations, and be able to pre order your CS meal each day. You might be able to slip in another ride at MK.
Old 05-25-2013, 01:22 PM   #853
Rileygirl
DIS Veteran

edited to delete

Last edited by Rileygirl; 06-10-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Rileygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:23 PM   #854
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
With that plan, you would be the ideal demographic. And, with that plan, you would also have two other FP+ to use for a prime spot for a parade or illuminations, and be able to pre order your CS meal each day. You might be able to slip in another ride at MK.
IF the parade/Illuminations isn't in the same tier...
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:27 PM   #855
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by monorailrabbit View Post
True story! I can just hear all the text alerts going off during a ride or something. "Yo-ho! Yo-ho! A Pirate's Life For -" "DING! Incoming Text!" And you KNOW people have super loud/annoying text alerts! (although I shouldn't talk, mine is the monorail chime followed by "please stand clear of the doors..." lol) Also I can picture the 10 mile gaps between people in line because they are watching their phone and not paying attention to whats happening around them... oh this will be fun!
I was just thinking about the same. Now besides being hit in the ankles by strollers (which we will have two of in our party this time), Dodging ECVs with first time drivers, NOW we will be dodging people who are walking while looking at their phones to see what FP they have coming up or what exciting offer they have. I hadn't even thought about all of the text alerts sounding out everywhere, which may not be too different than it already is anyway.
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: