Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2013, 05:58 AM   #526
magicbob
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
Yes but the thing is the information about the current FastPass system is readily available. It's on their website, it's on the maps, they can ask the CM's who are around the machines. I'm really not sure if FP+ will actually help people to use FP who already can't figure out regular FP. To me it's similar to people who don't realise you have to book CRT and Chef Mickey 180 days out in order to get a reservation
I agree. The jury is still out on whether or not the new system benefits guests who might otherwise not have been able to get a FP. If they can't figure out FP, I don't think they will have an epiphany where FP+ is concerned. How many people will still assume you have to pay for the service and not take advantage of it?

What I DO perceive to be a positive aspect of FP+ is that I can pre-schedule a FP for, say, TSMM for the afternoon without having to get to DHS early. Or the ability to schedule a FP for Soarin' in the evening so we can hop there, ride without a long standby wait and then go to a dinner ADR. Without FP+ that would not be possible because the FPs run out too early.

The big questions that still haven't been answered are whether we will be able to get "day of" FP+s in addition to the (presumably three) pre-scheduled FP+s. And if FP+ will not allow hoppers to schedule FP+s in more than one park per day.

Once everything is rolled out, we just have to experience the new system to determine if the benefit of pre-scheduling some FPs outweighs the possible reduction in overall FPs that we're able to use that day.

Ratatouille, the Ride!

magicbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:15 AM   #527
UNCFanatik
DIS Veteran

What is the point of this thread? No new information.

Same people saying the same things that they have said countless times in a gazillion other FP+ threads about how the FP+ system will not work and is destined to fail because they are DISboard "experts".

These are the SAME people who were wrong about Test Track closing down for refurb. The SAME people who bemoaned the FP return time enforcement and predicted people would stop going to Disney because of less value.

If someone really wants to know about FP+ they would be better off waiting for official info from Disney instead of reading these redundant FP+ threads. Full of speculative info by people who have no more insight into how things will actually work with FP+ when the system finally rolls out than the person who has never stepped into a Disney park. One would be better off getting accurate info from their cat.

I am just glad these DISBoard experts do not actually run Disney or that Disney doesnt give in to their every whine and demand because they would have shuttered the Parks long ago.

And for all this hand wringing and moan and groaning, these people will keep going back year after year and still complaining about every little change.

The DISBoard represents a SMALL amount of people that go to Disney parks but for some reason they feel that they should be catered to.

Dont listen to these predictions by DISBoard experts who merely puff themselves up because they want to feel important on a message board in their otherwise boring, mundane lives.

I just want to see them scramble around after they are proven wrong when its all said and done.
UNCFanatik is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2013, 06:29 AM   #528
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

What is the point of YOUR posts? All you ever do is complain about people discussing FP+ and attempt to incite argument. It's a DISCUSSION board. Do you have anything constructive to add? If you do, I haven't seen it yet.

This is the absolute last time I waste any of my time responding to your cut-and-paste patronizing "I'm so smart" posts.
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:32 AM   #529
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCFanatik View Post

Same people saying the same things that they have said countless times in a gazillion other FP+ threads about how the FP+ system will not work and is destined to fail because they are DISboard "experts".

These are the SAME people who were wrong about Test Track closing down for refurb. The SAME people who bemoaned the FP return time enforcement and predicted people would stop going to Disney because of less value.

If someone really wants to know about FP+ they would be better off waiting for official info from Disney instead of reading these redundant FP+ threads. Full of speculative info by people who have no more insight into how things will actually work with FP+ when the system finally rolls out than the person who has never stepped into a Disney park. One would be better off getting accurate info from their cat.

I am just glad these DISBoard experts do not actually run Disney or that Disney doesnt give in to their every whine and demand because they would have shuttered the Parks long ago.

And for all this hand wringing and moan and groaning, these people will keep going back year after year and still complaining about every little change.

The DISBoard represents a SMALL amount of people that go to Disney parks but for some reason they feel that they should be catered to.

Dont listen to these predictions by DISBoard experts who merely puff themselves up because they want to feel important on a message board in their otherwise boring, mundane lives.

I just want to see them scramble around after they are proven wrong when its all said and done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
What is the point of YOUR posts? All you ever do is complain about people discussing FP+ and attempt to incite argument. It's a DISCUSSION board. Do you have anything constructive to add? If you do, I haven't seen it yet.

This is the absolute last time I waste any of my time responding to your cut-and-paste patronizing "I'm so smart" posts.
Forget the "like" button, where's the "love" button on the Disboards? Excellent post Mesaboy2, you took the words out of my mouth.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:42 AM   #530
PrincessArlena'sDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicbob View Post
IOnce everything is rolled out, we just have to experience the new system to determine if the benefit of pre-scheduling some FPs outweighs the possible reduction in overall FPs that we're able to use that day.
I would add to that how stand by lines for attractions that did not previously have FP are changed. Before, you could wait on a short Small World line, and then Pirates, and then HM, and then... all while waiting for your FP time, with little wait on each. Will this change, now that they'll all have FP?
Old 05-22-2013, 06:49 AM   #531
magicbob
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Sorry for the confusion. I meant to say FP+ will be FABULOUS!

Ratatouille, the Ride!

Old 05-22-2013, 06:54 AM   #532
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:

Sorry for the confusion. I meant to say FP+ will be FABULOUS!

That's more like it. CONFORM!
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:58 AM   #533
Squidgyness
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I agree. The jury is still out on whether or not the new system benefits guests who might otherwise not have been able to get a FP. If they can't figure out FP, I don't think they will have an epiphany where FP+ is concerned. How many people will still assume you have to pay for the service and not take advantage of it?

The big questions that still haven't been answered are whether we will be able to get "day of" FP+s in addition to the (presumably three) pre-scheduled FP+s. And if FP+ will not allow hoppers to schedule FP+s in more than one park per day.

Once everything is rolled out, we just have to experience the new system to determine if the benefit of pre-scheduling some FPs outweighs the possible reduction in overall FPs that we're able to use that day.
Precisely. This is the largest question, and one the testing will focus on when it rolls out to more people I suspect, how will prebooked passes affect on the day passes, I imagine the ratio of prebooked to on the day will be scrutinised closely.

I cannot see any reason not to allow on the day and in park bookings of fastpasses. Disney would lose the opportunity to "sell" the idea anywhere in the parks. No "Why not visit the kiosks and book a fastpass sir?" Upon entry, that sort of thing.

Not only this, but wasn't one of the perks of this system to Disney that they could supposedly use it to direct guests to less busy areas in park by luring them away with a pass and help crowd control by filling up empty attractions instead, that sort of thing? If they only let prebookings be changed in park and no new fastpasses to fill empty slots this ability would be severely limited.

For example, in the scenario of no in park access to new fastpasses, if Splash Mountain was overflowing, then tough luck if no people want to change fastpasses. With in park booking of fastpasses they could "suggest" adding an on the day fastpass to a quieter instead, as long as it complied with return times etc.

And this is a discussion board. If we arent allowed to discuss in this topic here, then perhaps someone could suggest another thread?

Other Trips :
France/Belgium 2007, London 2008 and 2009, Malta 2011.

NEXT TRIP: Malta July 2015! (7 days)

Last edited by Squidgyness; 05-22-2013 at 07:05 AM.
Squidgyness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:04 AM   #534
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm looking forward to Disney releasing official information about FP+. I have not judged FP+ to be a disaster, but I do have my concerns. My concerns have come from the only official information that has been released, not random speculation online.

I'm not sure why it's so hard to believe that those who have concerns have valid reasons to have such concerns. Having concerns doesn't equal having a "doom and gloom" or "naysayer" viewpoint of FP+.

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009, April 2010 (F&W Festival!),
April 2011

WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (Yacht Club, F&W adults only trip!)
Angel Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:10 AM   #535
Squidgyness
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Ariel View Post
I'm looking forward to Disney releasing official information about FP+. I have not judged FP+ to be a disaster, but I do have my concerns. My concerns have come from the only official information that has been released, not random speculation online.

I'm not sure why it's so hard to believe that those who have concerns have valid reasons to have such concerns. Having concerns doesn't equal having a "doom and gloom" or "naysayer" viewpoint of FP+.
I'm sure everyone is looking forward to official information, but that's precisely the problem - there isn't any detailed info on large aspects of this system, and in the vacuum of no information, people WILL speculate. That's what they do, there is an industry based upon it.

I just don't think that poster gets that fact. If they are trying to get everyone to sit nicely and shut up while awaiting official information, they will be there for a long time!

Discussing concerns is fine, I don't see anyone pretending to be official sources, just supposed information. Read at your own risk, and take everything with a grain of salt. If you can't do that, or don't want to partake in discussion on the topic, why not read another? Just a thought.

Other Trips :

Old 05-22-2013, 07:10 AM   #536
magicbob
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Ariel View Post

Concerns are irrelevant. Valid reasons are irrelevant. Dissent is irrelevant. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Ratatouille, the Ride!

Old 05-22-2013, 07:10 AM   #537
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessArlena'sDad View Post
I would add to that how stand by lines for attractions that did not previously have FP are changed. Before, you could wait on a short Small World line, and then Pirates, and then HM, and then... all while waiting for your FP time, with little wait on each. Will this change, now that they'll all have FP?
This is actually one of my higher concerns for the new system. It really did a number on Enchanted Tales With Belle when we were there during the test in December. Enough that it makes we worry about these other attractions.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:22 AM   #538
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidgyness View Post
I don't see anyone pretending to be official sources
Well, not this time anyway.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:29 AM   #539
Squidgyness
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Well, not this time anyway.

I trust anyone daring to do so will be publicly shamed and so guilt ridden they will never set foot on these boards again.

I wouldnt mind more fastpasses for things like the Tiki Room, but I can see how some people might be annoyed by that. A while back I read that supposedly LMA at DHS and other shows would have fastpasses too, who would be able to get in early and supposedly pick great seats. What about that show needs fastpasses, the theatre is so close to the action you can feel your eyebrows being melted, and as long as you arrive to the standby early I think you'd still get "good" seats... whatever those are.

I think they might have gone a little trigger happy with their selections.

Other Trips :

Last edited by Squidgyness; 05-22-2013 at 07:38 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:33 AM   #540
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidgyness View Post

I trust anyone daring to do so will be publicly shamed and so guilt ridden they will never set foot on these boards again.
Depends...haven't yet seen anyone post real credible "official" information that was from a reliable source.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: