Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2013, 06:28 PM   #496
monorailrabbit
Rabbits Rabbits Everywhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdeal View Post
All this will do is complicate peoples planning because at midnight all the TSM early fastpasses will be gone and then you will have to take a late time that may not be when you wanted to be in the park etc etc etc. The whole RFID system seems to actually take longer at the gates than the regular tickets did, although that could be just because it is new. I think Disney is headed in the wrong direction, people are going to be constantly staring at their smartphone during their trip which will take away the family atmosphere. Then after getting to the ride you want to do thanks to your smartphone you will stand in an interactive chaos, oh I mean que, where you can freak out as your kids run off and play and one parent has to track them down while the other stays in line wondering how you will find them as the line moves further and further away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwang123 View Post
and with everyone looking down at their cell phones, the walkways will be in complete gridlock. if you are able to get to a ride, you will have no wait time because everyone is standing in the walkway. See, FP+ does work.
THIS! Some people don't pay attention now, with everyone starting down at their phones it will be a mess! Gridlock, people bumping into you, not paying attention to their kids or where other people are... I am picturing this in my head and it is NOT pretty! I love that Disney WORLD is just that - it's own little world and I never even thought about having my phone with me in years past... I like being in the world and kind of forgetting the outside! I think this really could put a damper on the magic.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:56 PM   #497
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by monorailrabbit View Post
THIS! Some people don't pay attention now, with everyone starting down at their phones it will be a mess! Gridlock, people bumping into you, not paying attention to their kids or where other people are... I am picturing this in my head and it is NOT pretty! I love that Disney WORLD is just that - it's own little world and I never even thought about having my phone with me in years past... I like being in the world and kind of forgetting the outside! I think this really could put a damper on the magic.
I still don't intend to bring a phone. I'll just do the best I can but I really don't want any connections to the outside world when I'm on vacation.

To be fair, I do have a regular phone but it has no capacity and I only bring it in case of emergency.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2013, 07:37 PM   #498
doggydoc
It's not a midlife crisis I'm just a car enthusiast.....honest

Did I just hear on DIS Unplugged that they heard from "very good sources" that there will be only 3 FP's per day in 1 park if using FP+? And that this will be the only FP option within 2 years?

They seemed pretty unequivocal about it.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:51 PM   #499
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggydoc View Post
Did I just hear on DIS Unplugged that they heard from "very good sources" that there will be only 3 FP's per day in 1 park if using FP+? And that this will be the only FP option within 2 years?

They seemed pretty unequivocal about it.
They have the same info we have, and I still think there is confusion over being able to pre-book 3 FP+, vs. what may or may not be offered in the park. Disney has only announced about pre-booking, and said nothing about what happens during the day so far.

I was listening when Pete said it...
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:02 PM   #500
doggydoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
They have the same info we have, and I still think there is confusion over being able to pre-book 3 FP+, vs. what may or may not be offered in the park. Disney has only announced about pre-booking, and said nothing about what happens during the day so far.

I was listening when Pete said it...
Then you heard him say it was new information, that it was a source he trusted and, very emphatically I might add, that you could not get FP's at a second park .
Old 05-21-2013, 08:04 PM   #501
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Then you heard him say it was new information, that it was a source he trusted and, very emphatically I might add, that you could not get FP's at a second park .
I didn't notice him say it was new, although he might have...it was all the same original information, though. 3 FP+ booked in advance for one park.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Old 05-21-2013, 08:05 PM   #502
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
But, Disney is subject to real-world physical limitations.
Some of those include:
Ride capacity per hour
Hours of operation per day
Popularity of attraction
Need to allow space for "standby guests" to load as well as FP
Frequency and propensity for breakdowns

Many of us here know quite a bit about those things and how Disney has
handled them with the regular FP system
(and how things have changed since they have 'adjusted" the regular
FP system pending the arrival of FP+.)

We know that the "best of intentions" can fall short as "new ideas" come to fruition.

The "new" JCP (J C Penny) was an outstanding flop, despite the best of intentions (and millions upon millions in cash-outlay.)
And, just this last month Penny's corporate had to issue a nationwide mea culpa
and attempt to "put things back" the way their customers wanted them.

Kodak is riding in the last roundup.
Hallmark Cards, once a corporate mainstay, is foundering.
Radio Shack may not make 2015 (or 14.)
Circuit City? Toast.
Big corporations can perpetrate some bad (very bad) decisions.
And, it is the PUBLIC who pronounces their verdict.

We, here on the DIS, are a big part of Disney Parks' "public."

Many of us are rooting for Disney, as we are major fans.

But, we are also major CRITICS when we see something that
appears to be headed down the wrong path.

Warning lights are going off.
Is someone at corporate paying attention?
I hope so..... I really do.
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

CuteAsMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:15 PM   #503
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

P.S....I still think it is a possibility that same-day FP+ won't happen. What's funny is we've had "insiders" insist it both ways.

I'm probably about 50-50 right now. IF you get them same day, I'm about 95% certain you can only get one per attraction for that day.

As someone in the live chat asked approximately how many FPs you can get in a single day now, which is completely based on how long the park is open, how busy it is, etc. I threw out about 7-8 on a typical busy 12 hour day. So limiting it to 3 is a little less than half. It may be their intention to stop the power users and get more FP+ into the hands of the other guests, as was stated by a former poster.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:17 PM   #504
jimim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-dad66 View Post

Have you tried to use the new Disney website and/or My Disney Experience app lately?...

I got nothing done at work today cause I was hell bent on trying to get ADR invites off to friends. 5 hrs later and no success and no work done.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House June 13th for the week.

Planning Old Key West for Columbus week for 6 nights and then off to a Disney Cruise for 3 nights!
My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/60184887@N08/
jimim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:21 PM   #505
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by monorailrabbit View Post
Absolutely.
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

CuteAsMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:23 PM   #506
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Well the nay-sayers can say they are going down the wrong path and others can say that instead of remaining stagnant like those companies not thriving, Disney is moving ahead with new advancements.

In my opinion the current system was broke anyway and yes possibly some of that Disney has to take blame for. I see this as an improvement for more people instead of those that knew how to make the whole program work for them. Not blaming anyone that did it, just that the average guest was out of that loop.

What many on forums have to remember, Disney does not have to make me, or anyone else in this discussion happy. They don't even need us to keep coming back. All they need is enough others to come back and enjoy the experience to be successful.

I personally am looking forward to the program, let the fun begin.

Last edited by Sammie; 05-21-2013 at 08:28 PM.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:35 PM   #507
doggydoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
Well the nay-sayers can say they are going down the wrong path and others can say that instead of remaining stagnant like those companies not thriving, Disney is moving ahead with new advancements.

In my opinion the current system was broke anyway and yes possibly some of that Disney has to take blame for. I see this as an improvement for more people instead of those that knew how to make the whole program work for them. Not blaming anyone that did it, just that the average guest was out of that loop.

What many on forums have to remember, Disney does not have to make me, or anyone else in this discussion happy. They don't even need us to keep coming back. All they need is enough others to come back and enjoy the experience to be successful.

I personally am looking forward to the program, let the fun begin.

If "the average guest" was "out of the loop" on regular FP how in the world is FP+ going to be easier for them?
Old 05-21-2013, 08:41 PM   #508
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:

If "the average guest" was "out of the loop" on regular FP how in the world is FP+ going to be easier for them?
A most excellent question--one that I have seen no answer for.

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)

Last edited by mesaboy2; 05-21-2013 at 09:02 PM.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:59 PM   #509
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This is my main question. If people don't care to learn about FP now, which is a spontaneous/day of decision - what makes Disney think those same people will take the time to learn about FP+ to pre-book?

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009, April 2010 (F&W Festival!),
April 2011

WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (Yacht Club, F&W adults only trip!)
Angel Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:04 PM   #510
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Ariel View Post
This is my main question. If people don't care to learn about FP now, which is a spontaneous/day of decision - what makes Disney think those same people will take the time to learn about FP+ to pre-book?
Marketing.

Resort guests, at least, will be inundated with it. Online checkin? "Hey, did you know you can also now pre-book a Fastpass+ for your favorite rides?"

Even though pretty much anyone will be able to do it, I think 90% of the utilizers will be resort guests. Then it can give them some teeth if they pull it back and make it a resort guest feature only.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: