Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2013, 10:40 AM   #436
jcammans
Earning My Ears

Although my family and I will not be travelling back to WDW for quite some time, I have enjoyed reading all of the speculation here.

I personally hope that they do open up the FP+ to more than one park per day, otherwise that would put a damper Park Hopper passes. (For us, we like to RD at one park in the morning, go back and rest at the resort near lunch time, and then head out to a different park in the evening.) We will probably still purchase Park Hopper passes, but I would perhaps like to use FP+ in the morning and then at a different park in the evening. Time will tell...

Walt Disney World - 4 trips (1983, 1987, 1995, 2000) - Offsite, Poly
Disneyland - 1 trip (1991)
Disneymoon - October 2012 - POFQ (Hubby's 1st visit!)
jcammans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:45 AM   #437
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcammans View Post
Although my family and I will not be travelling back to WDW for quite some time, I have enjoyed reading all of the speculation here.

I personally hope that they do open up the FP+ to more than one park per day, otherwise that would put a damper Park Hopper passes. (For us, we like to RD at one park in the morning, go back and rest at the resort near lunch time, and then head out to a different park in the evening.) We will probably still purchase Park Hopper passes, but I would perhaps like to use FP+ in the morning and then at a different park in the evening. Time will tell...
Right now the single park restriction is only mentioned in reference to booking them early. Depending how they handle things "same-day in-park", that restriction likely wouldn't apply.

If you are booking the FP+ in advance, the general advice would be to book the park you are going to later, and take advantage of the short lines and earlier return times (again, subject to how they handle them in the in the park) in the morning park.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2013, 11:57 AM   #438
6packdoesdisney
Trippin' 'Round THE WORLD!

Sooooo glad we are going soon and this chaotic mess will not be live yet!
Not being a DisPRO, by any means, I see the potential for multiple problems, for some time!

What about those who stay offsite and/or book tickets thru someone like UT?
Is FP+ designed to further discourage this, by making the ride access system more difficult and/or confusing to use for these people, I guess yes!!

Yeah, I get that in the end, it is designed to get "consumers", um, I mean guests, to spend more money on shops, experiences and food/drink; of course!

Again, sooooo very glad not to have to deal with this until after this June trip!

6packdoesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:19 PM   #439
ICF
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6packdoesdisney View Post
Sooooo glad we are going soon and this chaotic mess will not be live yet!
Not being a DisPRO, by any means, I see the potential for multiple problems, for some time!

Is FP+ designed to further discourage this, by making the ride access system more difficult and/or confusing to use for these people, I guess yes!!

Yeah, I get that in the end, it is designed to get "consumers", um, I mean guests, to spend more money on shops, experiences and food/drink; of course!

Again, sooooo very glad not to have to deal with this until after this June trip!
Right there with you....we leave in less than 2 weeks...got tix thru UT and are staying in an off-site townhouse.

Very happy that I dont have to worry about how people like us will be impacted by this. By the time we go again, they'll hopefully have this all rolled out and working great....but I dont want to be their test dummy.
ICF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:49 PM   #440
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6packdoesdisney View Post
Disney has specifically stated that it is based on your ticket, not where you stay, that gives you access.

The plan is that if you have you ticket in hand, you will be able to register the ticket ID with your profile, and be able to book advanced FP+. What limitations there will be beyond 60 days remains to be seen. This feature also isn't available yet and probably won't be for a while since they haven't really gotten any of it to work yet...

Those at a disadvantage will likely be those who wait to buy their tickets on site, or at least less than 60 days before their visit.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Old 05-20-2013, 02:19 PM   #441
eeyoresnr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
Disney has specifically stated that it is based on your ticket, not where you stay, that gives you access.

The plan is that if you have you ticket in hand, you will be able to register the ticket ID with your profile, and be able to book advanced FP+. What limitations there will be beyond 60 days remains to be seen. This feature also isn't available yet and probably won't be for a while since they haven't really gotten any of it to work yet...

Those at a disadvantage will likely be those who wait to buy their tickets on site, or at least less than 60 days before their visit.
you answered the question I was about to ask ... thank you so much!
1963-1999 Disneyland... Too many to list /Feb 2003 WDW All Star Sports- (Honeymoon- 1st WDW trip) / Jan 2004 WDW CSR (1st Anniversary)/ Aug 2004 Disneyland (Home-Sweet-Home) / Aug 2005 WDW CSR & POR / Dec 2005 CBR (MVMCP)/March 2006 WDW CSR (Braves / Dodgers) / April 2006 POR (Daughters 21st Birthday)Dec 2007 WDW ASMusic & Villas @WL (My Birthday & Our 5th Anniversary & 2 MVMCP)
Feb 2008 Pop Century / April 2008 ASMovies / Dec 2008 ASMusic, CR & OKW & AKL-(CL) MVMCP/Steam Train & Keys to the Kingdom Tours...
May 2009 CSR / Dec 2009 CSR & AKV Kidani SV / Bay Lake Towers / Boardwalk Villas (Backstage Magic Tour) / April 2010 AKV Kidani SV & FW Cabins / May 2010 CBR / Sept 2010 OKW / Dec 2010 CSR (My 50th Birthday)
April 2011 A.S. Sports/Bonnet Creek / May 2011 Bonnet Creek / Dec 2013 Bonnet Creek / March-April 2014 Bonnet Creek
Working on my ROAR! Jaxon's First trip to meet Mickey Mouse... Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2988090
eeyoresnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:27 PM   #442
monorailrabbit
Rabbits Rabbits Everywhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I know that's a joke. But seriously. Can you imagine being behind a few groups all trying to agree on what to do when?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
The old fastpass machines are pretty efficient. But all you can decide is whether to take the time being offered or not. I can't even imagine what it will be like when you add a decision making element.
I think this could be a huge bottle neck! If you have one guy in front of you that can't decide... ugh! I didn't mind the old machines at all, but I'm sure some people hated all that running around. I really didn't want to have to worry about a smartphone... now I guess I have to decide which is worse: waiting behind an indecisive family with too many choices or getting mad at the wifi that refuses to work!
Old 05-20-2013, 02:44 PM   #443
d1gitman
Mad About The Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Pretty much up to the guest and whatever electronic gizmos they may or may not have.
hmmm...i wonder if they will at some point offer a type of magic band with a small display to list out your FP+ return times....or maybe install kiosks all over the park so you can swipe your band and it displays your FP+ return time info? otherwise one is left up to pen & paper to keep track if not in possesion of a smartphone or electronic gadget to manually enter info? seems very odd... i gotta think there is more to this

while it seems like everyone on the planet has a smartphone, that just isn't the case. for those of us with smartphones, hopefully disney's app's will work in park when FP+ is finally rolled out to the masses.
d1gitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:45 PM   #444
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1gitman View Post
hmmm...i wonder if they will at some point offer a type of magic band with a small display to list out your FP+ return times....or maybe install kiosks all over the park so you can swipe your band and it displays your FP+ return time info? otherwise one is left up to pen & paper to keep track if not in possesion of a smartphone or electronic gadget to manually enter info? seems very odd... i gotta think there is more to this

while it seems like everyone on the planet has a smartphone, that just isn't the case. for those of us with smartphones, hopefully disney's app's will work in park when FP+ is finally rolled out to the masses.
Everyone seems to be able to keep track of their ADRs just fine without a wristband, I'd imagine previously booked FPs will work in much the same way.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:51 PM   #445
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Everyone seems to be able to keep track of their ADRs just fine without a wristband, I'd imagine previously booked FPs will work in much the same way.
Most people don't have three or more ADRs in a single day.

Add in the presumed additional same-day in-park FP+s, that could be a lot to keep track of in one's head...one thought I had early on was that the kiosks might offer a printout of the current itinerary. Don't know if that will be the case, however.

Old 05-20-2013, 02:51 PM   #446
d1gitman
Mad About The Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Pretty much up to the guest and whatever electronic gizmos they may or may not have.
Quote:

Yes i agree. But my point is that one has to manually (either on paper or in their smartphone/gadget) manually keep track of their ADR's....while at WDW recently, the MyDisneyExperience app was useless while in the parks...just wouldn't work. So assuming they work out the bugs and get the technology to work...then there will still be a large contingency of guests who don't have smartphones/electronic gadgets to be able to look up and track their FP+ info while in park....are they then expected to pull out pen & paper while wearing this new-fangled device called a MagicBand? seems counterintuitive to me.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:53 PM   #447
JudyW
Do you think they will let me live at the Magic Kingdom permenantly?

I just did my online early check-in, and the following is under the terms and conditions. This was in the first paragraph. Makes me wonder if we will be getting these, or if this is a blanket message. When my husband does the check-in for our other room, I will definitely be keeping an eye to see if it is that one too.

The following Terms & Conditions apply to the Online Check-In Service and your stay as a Guest at the Walt Disney World® Resort.
I understand the Online Check-In Service is a convenience to Guests at the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and the check-in process shall become complete in Florida upon showing my photo identification, and receipt of a Key to the World card or by entering my room utilizing my authorized MagicBand.
2011, 2012, 2013
Disney Cruise Lines: 2014

JudyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:54 PM   #448
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
Most people don't have three or more ADRs in a single day.

Add in the presumed additional same-day in-park FP+s, that could be a lot to keep track of in one's head...one thought I had early on was that the kiosks might offer a printout of the current itinerary. Don't know if that will be the case, however.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d1gitman View Post
Yes i agree. But my point is that one has to manually (either on paper or in their smartphone/gadget) manually keep track of their ADR's....while at WDW recently, the MyDisneyExperience app was useless while in the parks...just wouldn't work. So assuming they work out the bugs and get the technology to work...then there will still be a large contingency of guests who don't have smartphones/electronic gadgets to be able to look up and track their FP+ info while in park....are they then expected to pull out pen & paper while wearing this new-fangled device called a MagicBand? seems counterintuitive to me.
Kiosks or getting print-outs at GR seem like viable possibilities (though those of us planners who don't want to stand in line for such things will keep track of our FP+ on our own), but a MagicBand with a screen has never even been suggested as a viable option.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:55 PM   #449
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyW View Post

"process shall become complete in Florida upon showing my photo identification, and receipt of a Key to the World card or by entering my room utilizing my authorized MagicBand."

Makes me wonder if... this is a blanket message.
Yup.

It's just a new line to cover whatever is the situation.
(From what we've been able to determine, looks like they had originally planned to
have the MagicBands/FP+ already going by now.)

Didn't happen.

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:01 PM   #450
d1gitman
Mad About The Mouse!

Quote:
Kiosks or getting print-outs at GR seem like viable possibilities (though those of us planners who don't want to stand in line for such things will keep track of our FP+ on our own), but a MagicBand with a screen has never even been suggested as a viable option.
my guess would be kiosks to swipe your band and get a print out of all FP+ eventgs for that day. however, a MagicBand with a display could be beneficial as they could make them multi-lingual, potentially even an audio jack in them to allow an earbud connected for visually impaired guests.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: