Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2013, 04:10 PM   #421
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilverTherapist View Post
Naturally. I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. We're doing 1 night at AoA and 5 at OKW and I sure hope that doesn't exclude us from these.
There has been no indication in Disney's public comments or the Terms and Conditions that having a split stay would exclude you from the new system. You're a resort guest. Even if you're staying at two resorts during your stay.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:10 PM   #422
Doug7856
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilverTherapist View Post
Anyone know how the bands are going to work for people staying at multiple resorts in one trip?
I don't know; however, there is every indication that repeat use is a part of the bands. I suspect the ticket associated with the band is the important aspect. For example this fall we are staying one night at a value resort on a package with 10 day park hoppers and then transferring to two other DVC resorts. When I look online I see one plan with a day by day list that encompasses all three check ins and check outs in one consecutive 12 day stay.

On the iPhone version of the app I see each 10 day ticked for each person (I don't see the tickets online or on the iPad version of the app). Oddly I see each ticket twice per person -- one each name is all caps and one each name is caps and lower case. My expectation (probably a very big assumption) is that I could use one band for all three stays -- if the FP+ is actually up and running when we go.

Time will tell. It is fun speculating though!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2013, 05:04 PM   #423
Squidgyness
DIS Veteran

Given that EVERYONE is included in this including eventually offsite guests and AP holders, I definitely think the ticket not the resort is the key info on the band, it would make sense to do it this way.

By the way, any info on where these kiosks for booking fp+ in the parks are located? Is it centrally or spread out? Anyone seen how many?

Other Trips :
France/Belgium 2007, London 2008 and 2009, Malta 2011.

NEXT TRIP: Malta July 2015! (7 days)
Squidgyness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:12 PM   #424
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidgyness View Post
By the way, any info on where these kiosks for booking fp+ in the parks are located? Is it centrally or spread out? Anyone seen how many?
Nobody knows.

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:19 PM   #425
Squidgyness
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post

Nobody knows.
Oh well. Plenty of time till we go to find out. So many questions... Patience is definitely a virtue I don't have in too much quantity!

Other Trips :

Old 05-19-2013, 05:38 PM   #426
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:
Oh well. Plenty of time till we go to find out. So many questions... Patience is definitely a virtue I don't have in too much quantity!
Someone commented that you might be able to book fastpasses for the kiosks which I thought was funny. I can see lines and lots of confusion at least at the beginning though.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:23 PM   #427
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
Someone commented that you might be able to book fastpasses for the kiosks which I thought was funny. I can see lines and lots of confusion at least at the beginning though.
I know that's a joke. But seriously. Can you imagine being behind a few groups all trying to agree on what to do when?
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:03 PM   #428
Squidgyness
DIS Veteran

That thought did cross my mind, they'll need lots of kiosks to cope, I hope they don't plan on everyone having charged cell phones with Internet on them, lots of international or offsite visitors may not know about the wifi (spotty as it is) and roaming charges are horrific, not to mention clueless day trippers and other people turning up who didn't know they needed a phone, or the problems of the app etc. Also, I bet disney will then make sure they flog it to these unknowing check ins and ticket purchasers. Could lead to some... Disappointed and confused people if they can't get at the machines!

Ideally, I'd like a number of them at the entrance (attracting the majority of people'probably), some in the middle of each park somewhere and little clumps of them in central locations of individual areas like near star tours or tot etc. hopefully they will come close to the number of old card fp machines as they are now. I'm hopeful they will.

I wonder if they'll have any at the resorts to help spread the load? Else the staff there might get more questions than they bargained for. "When is my fastpass?" "Can I change it?" And so on.

Other Trips :

Old 05-19-2013, 09:22 PM   #429
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That thought did cross my mind, they'll need lots of kiosks to cope, I hope they don't plan on everyone having charged cell phones with Internet on them, lots of international or offsite visitors may not know about the wifi (spotty as it is) and roaming charges are horrific, not to mention clueless day trippers and other people turning up who didn't know they needed a phone, or the problems of the app etc. Also, I bet disney will then make sure they flog it to these unknowing check ins and ticket purchasers. Could lead to some... Disappointed and confused people if they can't get at the machines!

Ideally, I'd like a number of them at the entrance (attracting the majority of people'probably), some in the middle of each park somewhere and little clumps of them in central locations of individual areas like near star tours or tot etc. hopefully they will come close to the number of old card fp machines as they are now. I'm hopeful they will.

I wonder if they'll have any at the resorts to help spread the load? Else the staff there might get more questions than they bargained for. "When is my fastpass?" "Can I change it?" And so on.
The old fastpass machines are pretty efficient. But all you can decide is whether to take the time being offered or not. I can't even imagine what it will be like when you add a decision making element.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:29 PM   #430
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I know that's a joke. But seriously. Can you imagine being behind a few groups all trying to agree on what to do when?
I'm hoping for FP's for the restrooms and for Main St Bakery once it reopens and serves Starbucks coffee.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:37 PM   #431
j2thomason
Mouseketeer

I wonder if they will put the kiosks where the old Fast Pass machines are currently. They would definitely need a lot of them scattered around the park in different areas. It would make sense to utilize that space with the new kiosk machines.

WDW preview center 1971, WDW 20 times, DL 3 times, Disney Cruise 1 time, DL Paris 1 time, Upcoming: MK, AK & DHS May 1-5, DL & DCA May 27-31, MK June 12
1 Disney cruise
1 Disneyland Paris trip
Always planning my next Disney trip!
°O°

j2thomason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:02 PM   #432
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

I really hope this change helps most people and doesn't hurt anyone... I admit I am one of the people worried about this taking some of the fun out of planning a last minute trip. Sure you had to worry about your resort being sold out, or the discounts being snatched up, or your reservation for dinner not being available but take away my ability to get a FP for a ride once I am at the park and already paid and you are really killing the mojo here. I hope it is just as easy to get them as it is now, but I am not sure how that could be since the # is limited and now many will be pre-booked.

On the other hand, if you plan a trip more than 180 days out, you are golden and that is what we typically do anyway. So I really hope it HELPS most people since I don't know which style is more popular!
Old 05-20-2013, 05:43 AM   #433
spidet1964
Mouseketeer

I go labor day week, last time they didn't even have most fast pass machines operating because the crowds were nonexistent. Hopefully it will be the same this time.

]
spidet1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:25 AM   #434
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidet1964 View Post
I go labor day week, last time they didn't even have most fast pass machines operating because the crowds were nonexistent. Hopefully it will be the same this time.
I'd be willing to bet that is the single slowest week of the entire year. If I could tolerate the heat I would totally be right there with you!
Old 05-20-2013, 08:54 AM   #435
CalvaryMike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Nobody knows.
Perfectly said!
CalvaryMike is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: